PDA

View Full Version : Need help for Explaination about Defence/Attack Density etc

NSC
08-26-2012, 07:42 AM
A Few questions.

Whats the difference between buying lets say... a large number of infantry and a smaller amount of high-value units with better attack like maybe B-52s but they give the same total attack.

When do we use a meat shield, when do we buy the high value units?

Sorry, new to the game ><

Dreno33
08-26-2012, 07:57 AM
you can only bring in a certain amount of units into battle. your lvl x 20 = the max amount of unts you can bring into battle (with max allies). if you fill those unit slots in with low infantry units instead of higher value units, you end up with weak stats.

"meat shields" are cheap units that are strong enough to go into battle and die off easy to help "protect" casualties of the higher-value units

Arizona
08-26-2012, 09:59 AM
What Dre say!
Allow me to elaborate with an example:

Lets say you are level 10. You can bring allies at 5 x level to fight. Therefore (L10 x 5) 50 allies to a battle.
Each ally allows you to bring 4 of your units to battle. Therefore (50 allies x 4) = 200 units to battle.
Now your question; what's the difference between lots of cheap units and less numbers of expensive units:
You should see that bringing, say 200 rangers to a battle or 20 B52's makes a huge difference. You decide.

If you happen to have some expensive and sentimental units, you'll not want to lose them, so to lessen the chances of them dying, you might want to include meat shields. Cheap units that might die before your expensive units.

I hope that helps somewhat.

NSC
08-26-2012, 06:19 PM
So we should have a decent meat shield before stocking up on expensive units?

manbeast
08-26-2012, 07:07 PM
At lvl 37 my meatshield was fighters/snipers/amphibious troopers. Powerful units would be stealth frigates or super hornets.

The only purpose of a meatshield is to die. So you should pick one that is easily replaceable/cheap. Obviously this will change with your income. Now my meat shields are commandos and bio warfare troops.

And yes I would buy the meatshields first.

Another key to choosing your meatshield is figuring out what is the cheapest unit that has a high enough attack stat to block out your defensive units from coming to battle.

For example, a majority of my defense is mine launchers (11/26). I don't want those to come to battle when I attack bc they are costly to replace, so I cover them up with commandos (14/x).

NSC
08-26-2012, 07:15 PM
At lvl 37 my meatshield was fighters/snipers/amphibious troopers. Powerful units would be stealth frigates or super hornets.

The only purpose of a meatshield is to die. So you should pick one that is easily replaceable/cheap. Obviously this will change with your income. Now my meat shields are commandos and bio warfare troops.

And yes I would buy the meatshields first.

Another key to choosing your meatshield is figuring out what is the cheapest unit that has a high enough attack stat to block out your defensive units from coming to battle.

For example, a majority of my defense is mine launchers (11/26). I don't want those to come to battle when I attack bc they are costly to replace, so I cover them up with commandos (14/x).

Okay, that clears things up a lot, thanks! Need to get Stealth Frigates now =/ Thats like 3 upgrades for my building away.

manbeast
08-26-2012, 07:22 PM
I love stealth frigates. Absolutely lowest casualty rate of any valor unit. I have 450 of them.

NSC
08-26-2012, 07:35 PM
I love stealth frigates. Absolutely lowest casualty rate of any valor unit. I have 450 of them.
Seems good, i'll probably get them after this event. Need to slowly upgrade my shipyard to 6.

When do you start changing from a weaker meat shield to a stronger one? When your income becomes higher?

Dreno33
08-27-2012, 12:58 AM
here's a good idea (the strategy in which I will follow when buying my units)...

1) drop ALL allies - doing this allows you only to bring in a certain amnt units. *not many*
2) buy ALL of your meat shields and high-value units over time
3) once you have purchased your desirable amounts, rise up in your allies again

P01sonapple
08-27-2012, 01:00 AM
I love fusion APC by far the best unit

Bronson
08-27-2012, 01:19 AM
here's a good idea (the strategy in which I will follow when buying my units)...

1) drop ALL allies - doing this allows you only to bring in a certain amnt units. *not many*
2) buy ALL of your meat shields and high-value units over time
3) once you have purchased your desirable amounts, rise up in your allies again

Don't bother dropping allies just don't attack.

Dreno33
08-27-2012, 07:31 AM
Don't bother dropping allies just don't attack.

??? are you forgetting bronson? if he does that then the units he's collecting will most likely be used in his defense when attacked and can die off. that would be no bueno