PDA

View Full Version : Best bang for the buck attack units at lvl 70?

Brugernavn
08-26-2012, 04:22 AM
Hey guys

I'm at lvl 71 and would like some advice about the best bang for the buck attack unit.

I play as Russia, but right now it seems that bio warfare infantry units gives me the most attack for the least amount of money.

I know it also depends on boost buildings but what would you say would be the best bang for the buck attack units at around my lvl.

Boost buildings:
composites : 7
Genetics :4
Electronics :5
Naval :2

Thanks

Fun
08-26-2012, 04:50 AM
I'd go for air units like the expensive ones they have a boost not sure of the exact %boost it gives you but it's there keep that in mind

Bronson
08-26-2012, 04:59 AM
I would say B52s. 1 mill a pop for 30 attack plus your Russian boost.

Hassleham
08-26-2012, 05:01 AM
B52s/viper jets

Brugernavn
08-26-2012, 05:02 AM
I don't think so, actually.

The thing is, for 10mill I get around 600 attack if I spent it all on bio warfare troops...that will not happen if I use 10mill on B52's.

Sabo
08-26-2012, 05:19 AM
I misinterpreted you question to infer you were looking for long term attack stats. Under that assumption B52 an Viper Jets are the way to go with your Russion bonus. If you are just looking for a low density, high casualty boost to your stats go for the Bio warfare troops. Whatever the case, build your economy so you can afford superior units. What is your IPH?

Brugernavn
08-26-2012, 05:40 AM
I just need the attack stats for the epic boss event.
Right now my attack is 31xxx and defense 36xxx
Allies 407

My IPH is 337xxx but I think that number can be misguiding since small buildings which pay out often but next to nothing money adds big time to your IPH.

My oilrigs are lvl 3
Refinery lvl 4
Ore Mine lvl 5
Munitions lvl 10

And stuff like that, so I'm doing ok, but still not enough to really buy expensive units.

Bronson
08-26-2012, 05:44 AM
If its just for the boss that you want a high attack for then go with the biowarfare troops. I bought 400+ of them ready for the boss also make sure your at full ally count for your level, you can drop back down after the event.

Hassleham
08-26-2012, 05:45 AM
Forget buying units and upgrade your income then. Get level 4 oil rigs for starters. What about nanos and desalination plants?

Agent Orange
08-26-2012, 05:50 AM
Because you are Russia you get 10% boost for air units. The most important factor you are missing is that you need unit density as you progress higher in the game. Though you may think in the short term (rigged boss event) you will suffer in the long run by wasting money on inferior units now. personally I see little gain playing the events vs cost.

I'm guessing you can't build the hanger yet which will add more boost to your air units but that is also important.

My strategy would be to level the airfield up to L10 to unlock B52s but keep inmind they have a fairly so so casualty rate. Also at L9 you unlock the SSD which will help boost your def density. If you do a lot of PvP for valour the Super Hornets would be top of my list.

Brugernavn
08-26-2012, 06:11 AM
Well, since you have an unlimited money income, I can't see how you can waste money. One can always camp to save up money.

I don't lose units, so the casualty rate doesn't matter.

My hangar is lvl 4, forgot that building.

Airfield is soon lvl 8

2 desalination at lvl 3

2 nanos at lvl 1

2 recycling at lvl 4 and 5

I'm not sure why unit density is important, please explain.

I've got 130 super hornets but I have only 17xxx valor, so I'll try and save up for a lot more super hornets.

I kinda only do PVP, but right now I'm doing a LOT of camping to boost my stats.

Your help is much appreciated.

Agent Orange
08-26-2012, 06:22 AM
Because in the higher levels you are going up against players with gold units and all gold armies with each unit having very high stats. You will eventually be limited to 2000 units max in battle so your average stats need to be high in order to survive. But this is also important in all levels as the more dense (high value stats) your army is the more likely you are to beat your enemy.

Since you have 'unlimited' cash flow then it's a no brainer to be buying B-52's, I might have said Stealth Bombers but their casualty rating is oddly only medium. But what the heck if you can afford to replace them go for them.

Brugernavn
08-26-2012, 06:39 AM
AO, as I said, I don't lose units, so the casualty rate doesn't matter much to me. We all have an unlimited cash flow and it only gets higher and higher, so I can't really see how I can waste money, even on units I won't use later in the game, since you can always camp and save up as many money you like.
I know you can only vault 10mil but no units cost that much anyway, so actually only time is you enemy.

Agent Orange
08-26-2012, 07:11 AM
Hmmm it's like pulling teeth to get info out of you, are you trolling?

If you are a cas glitcher do what you want and don't worry about a plan. Make sure you keep leveling up all your money buildings and sell off all your useless defence buildings. Make sure you have lots and lots of allies as well.

Brugernavn
08-26-2012, 07:26 AM
No no, not trolling at all. Only trying to get help, and the help I have gotten in this thread is much appreciated.

I'm not sure my casualty situation is a glitch, but I don't lose units and I love it.

Why would I sell my defense building, i mean, they don't exactly harm my base.

manbeast
08-26-2012, 10:06 AM
I agree with AO, and you will to if you think of it from from a different perspective.

You are correct in saying the potential amount of in game cash you can get is limitless. Time is the only limiting factor. So how should we best use our time? Well that depends on your goals.

Goal: increase stats as much as possible for this weeks boss event
Solution: buy bio warfare troops. I did this for the second boss event. Got like 600 of them, now I'm down to 300.
Pros: great stat boost for only $70 million
Cons: not long term. Not good density. Even with 2,000 bio warfares, your attack will only be 34,000. In the long term this strategy is a waste of not only money, but TIME. Doesn't take advantage of nation boost

Goal: increase attack stat for the long term
Solution: start buying b-52's or stealth bombers. (for me rail in destroyers).
Pros: this solution is long term. After a couple weeks you will come out ahead of the bio warfare solution. This also takes advantage of your nation boost. Lower casualty rates. You will be set up better for future bosses. does not waste time or money. In the end you will have attack stats closer to 100k
Cons: doesn't help as much for this current boss. Takes patients.

Side note- I believe nation boost is the only boost that matters for the boss events. I have tested upgrading my naval research center during a boss event and it did absolutely nothing, but I believe the cash option does factor in your nation boost.

Giedrybe
08-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Nothing to add to what AO and manbeast already told you.

You are really incorrect saying that it is impossible to waste money. Cash flow is guaranteed for you, but positive cash flow is not guaranteed for you. If you will be loosing more money (in units killed) than earned - you have negative cash flow. And then of course IPH should not be just treated as income value. It is income speed. Some of the upgrades are paying off really really slow - like in several months or so. But they do increase your ability to have this resource (game cash) in fairly lower time, so it opens you doors for different strategies and actions.

Not to mention that you would be really wasting money buying units which you don't take to the battle, etc. But I assume this is just how different people understand "waste". It seems that for you it means "if cost nothing, not possible to waste then". Am I right?

Arizona
08-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Interesting.
AO says increase density. Bron says buy cheap to increase ur attack for the bosses.
The OP never mentioned attacking bosses, so I'd assume the best strat is to increase density. The best way is of course to buy Stealth Bombers, or as an intermediate step, Bangforbuck; the B52's.

Brugernavn
08-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Again, I do not lose units, only very rarely. So I can't have negative cashflow.

My goal right now is to get as far as possible in the epic boss event, that's why I wanted to know the best bang for the buck attack unit for my lvl.

I don't care if i use 100mil on bio warfares at my 71 lvl and never get to use them when I'm lvl 100. I can just camp for 3 weeks if I want to, save up 500mil and use them all on b52s or whatever. That's what i mean when I say we all have an unlimited cashflow, it just takes time and then you can get what you want. Especially so when I am hit by the so called cas glitch.

And right now I am camping my ass off to raise all of my stats and so what if I use LOADS of money on things that do only benefit me right now, the money will keep on coming, I'll just have to camp for a longer period of time to also buy long run units. When my IPH gets higher, I will of cause buy the better units.

Right now I just want to focus on raising my stats and get as many uncommon and rare units from the epic boss events.

Manbeast and OA, thanks for your posts, they have been quite enlightening.

Brugernavn
08-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Oh, and guys, please don't read my posts and think they are written to start some kinda negative discussion. The written word often sounds harder than the spoken. I am only trying to understand the game better. When English is not ones native languish it is easy to be misunderstood because the lack of a better vocabulary. What I am trying to say is that I am not trying to sound harsh or anything and all the help in this thread is much appreciated.

Warfiend
08-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Layer them. Start with the biowarfare, then add the B52s and stronger units. The biowarfares can be built up trivially with a decent IPH in a short amount of time, that will help you with the boss event.

Just have it in your mind after buying them that in the longer game, you're not "there" yet so you won't be content with just them because what the senior guys here are saying about what is waiting for you down the road is correct and you will get spanked hard if you don't take it to heart.

Bronson
08-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Interesting.
AO says increase density. Bron says buy cheap to increase ur attack for the bosses.
The OP never mentioned attacking bosses, so I'd assume the best strat is to increase density. The best way is of course to buy Stealth Bombers, or as an intermediate step, Bangforbuck; the B52's.

I agree wih AO my first post said B52s for the level he is at as he should have half decent stats in the first place if he is a forum member.

But above my second post he said its for the boss, he can't do much now for this boss but if he just camps out for 2 weeks save his cash and buys 400 biowarfare troops then he can do a few more bosses.

I did the biowarfare thing plus dumped over 20k valor in SH specifically for this boss otherwise I wouldn't touch infantry. I'm stocking up on B52s I want around 500 before moving onto the more expensive units over 30 attack but I'm further ahead in my game than the OP

Arizona
08-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Since you just said you want to whack the bosses, then I'd ignore unit density and get the most attack points for your buck. In this case I'd buy the Demolitions infantry unit. It's crap but it gives you the attack points for the least amount of money. If you haven't got the Demolitions unlocked, then it's the other crap unit, Bio-Warfare.

Brugernavn
08-26-2012, 12:24 PM
And I am not saying I'm gonna buy 1000 bio warfares and then just lvl up like crazy because I think I'm strong. I'm gonna buy 1000 bio warfares now at my lvl 71, be strong for a few events, then lvl up a couple of lvls and then buy better units.

I'm in no rush at all. I'm taking it slow and trying to lvl up as little as possible. I just want to get quick attack fixes when I'm stuck in epic boss events.

Arizona
08-26-2012, 12:33 PM
And I am not saying I'm gonna buy 1000 bio warfares and then just lvl up like crazy because I think I'm strong. I'm gonna buy 1000 bio warfares now at my lvl 71, be strong for a few events, then lvl up a couple of lvls and then buy better units.

I'm in no rush at all. I'm taking it slow and trying to lvl up as little as possible. I just want to get quick attack fixes when I'm stuck in epic boss events.
Also be aware that defeating a boss gives you a bunch of xp toward the next level. Keep a count on the xp before and after you defeat a boss. It can be quite significant.

Ryans67
08-26-2012, 12:42 PM
I thought about buying the bio's to boost my stats for the boss. I'm 68, dealing 31k in damage with a cash hit. If I used $20 mil on troops and added allies, I might raise my attack 3,500, or deal 45k in additional damage to the boss over the course of 13 hits. The opposite is to buy a medpack that deals 5x31 damage, or 155k to the boss. In the end, the 20m spent just didn't do enough damage to the boss to be worth it. It might have allowed me to defeat one extra boss before using gold.

Corsair
08-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Good thread. Brugernavn, sounds like you just think a little differently about time than most of us. You've got your path forward figured out now, I think. For what it's worth, I'm doing the same, buying biowarfare for the boss - infantry gets best bang for buck but the loss rate is insane (though like you it is not a big issue for me). Long term, B-52s and Stealth. IMO, the biggest difficulty timewise once you have a decent IPH is determining what to upgrade, money vs. unit vs. boost. Like you say, unit misallocations are relatively cheap to recover from, especially when compared to upgrade times. I don't think it's ever really been discussed like this though. :)

BTW, curious, are you from Denmark? Your name sounds Danish. I was in Copenhagen last fall, very nice visit. Drop your game ID in here if you are adding allies.

Bronson
08-26-2012, 01:18 PM
I was in Copenhagen last fall, very nice visit.

Not for him it wasn't!!!!

Sorry couldn't resist.

James_mac
08-26-2012, 01:23 PM

Sorry couldn't resist.

haha good spot bronson

Arizona
08-26-2012, 01:41 PM

Sorry couldn't resist.
Cope seemed to have kept that to himself.

Bronson
08-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Cope seemed to have kept that to himself.

I hope Corsair atleast bought him a vault of gold to cushion the blow

Brugernavn
08-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Good thread. Brugernavn, sounds like you just think a little differently about time than most of us. You've got your path forward figured out now, I think. For what it's worth, I'm doing the same, buying biowarfare for the boss - infantry gets best bang for buck but the loss rate is insane (though like you it is not a big issue for me). Long term, B-52s and Stealth. IMO, the biggest difficulty timewise once you have a decent IPH is determining what to upgrade, money vs. unit vs. boost. Like you say, unit misallocations are relatively cheap to recover from, especially when compared to upgrade times. I don't think it's ever really been discussed like this though. :)

BTW, curious, are you from Denmark? Your name sounds Danish. I was in Copenhagen last fall, very nice visit. Drop your game ID in here if you are adding allies.

Hey Corsair

Thanks for your post. Yes, I am actually from Denmark. The name Brugernavn is, translated to English, Username.
You are very welcome to join me 281 115 930

I think the cause for me to not fully being understood is that people have to think quite differently because of the insane casualty rate. When people, as I am, are blessed with the cas "glitch" much of the strategy goes out the window and we can kinda do whatever we like. I mean, we can't really loose money other than un- or overvaulted money, but that doesn't matter much.

All I care about is taking it slow, raise my stats and gather as many indestructibles as possible.

Copenhagen
08-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Easy there. My a$$ is Exit Only!

Bronson
08-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Easy there. My a$$ is Exit Only!

Dont worry your secrets safe with us Cope

Corsair
08-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Bronson, you are a piece of work. Or a piece of something else, maybe. :) lol truly the king

Should I mention that Copenhagen is nice, though a bit cold and dark? Lots of bicycle riding there, fairly clean, but expensive. Good place for business. :D

Giedrybe
08-27-2012, 01:28 AM
Brugernavn, ok, you revealed your priorities slowly, but quite fully now.

I would say it really depends on your defensive situation as well. If you:
1. are not attacked much
2. your defense is strong and your minimum defensive unit brought to the battle is at 9 (higher than bio-warfare or demolition)
3. have casualty glitch
4. not in rush

then go for the infantry which gives you best bang for a buck. It really depends on your current lowest attack unit.

prices of new unit/(attack value of new unit - attack value of lowest current attack unit taken to the battle).

Say your lowest unit at max allies brought to the battle is somebody with 7 (like gunner). So for each unit replaced you get extra attack
1. biowarfare 125/(17-7)= 12,5k for 1 extra attack point
2. demolition 200/(20-7)=15,4k for 1 extra attack point (but in general has higher density per unit, lower defense (so it is easier not brought to defend), but higher casualty rate)
3. etc.

This way is quickiest to increase your attack to certain level. Combine this with maximising your allies (this will expose you to a certain rival list) and flag change to China. I still need to double check, but country boost gives effect, while building boosts (like genetics, hangar, naval) don't.

Brugernavn
08-27-2012, 02:56 AM
Brugernavn, ok, you revealed your priorities slowly, but quite fully now.

I would say it really depends on your defensive situation as well. If you:
1. are not attacked much
2. your defense is strong and your minimum defensive unit brought to the battle is at 9 (higher than bio-warfare or demolition)
3. have casualty glitch
4. not in rush

then go for the infantry which gives you best bang for a buck. It really depends on your current lowest attack unit.

prices of new unit/(attack value of new unit - attack value of lowest current attack unit taken to the battle).

Say your lowest unit at max allies brought to the battle is somebody with 7 (like gunner). So for each unit replaced you get extra attack
1. biowarfare 125/(17-7)= 12,5k for 1 extra attack point
2. demolition 200/(20-7)=15,4k for 1 extra attack point (but in general has higher density per unit, lower defense (so it is easier not brought to defend), but higher casualty rate)
3. etc.

This way is quickiest to increase your attack to certain level. Combine this with maximising your allies (this will expose you to a certain rival list) and flag change to China. I still need to double check, but country boost gives effect, while building boosts (like genetics, hangar, naval) don't.

Thanks for your post.

If you read my third post on page 1 you will see that I say I need the attack points for epic bosses. So actually my goal is mentioned quite early.
I pretty rarely get attacked and seldom looses.

I have no idea what the stats are for my lowest units which is brought to war, one can only see top 45.

Right now I'm just gonna go crazy in bio troops and ambulances until my iph gets bigger and I am able to stock up on better long term units.

Giedrybe
08-27-2012, 04:33 AM
I doubt there are any serious MW player who has not done the spreadsheet (excel) to track his inventory or use Toolkit for Modern War (go to apple store, it is free). You are pretty much blind and cannot plan really anything without having quite detailed knowledge on your inventory. Of course it is my opinion. Do it once and update it every time something happens (it depends really on you). In this way you can sort it out what units you bring to attack battle, to defense battle, how many allies you should drop/add in order to use only certain units, what to buy, what gives you best bang for a buck etc.

You can also calculate your weakest units with adding/removing one ally. Let's say you just added one ally. And you see that your profile attack increased by 12. So 12 increase / 4 (units allowed to bring because of extra ally) = 3 attack per unit. Like fighter. Of course in your profile you see boosted stats, but you'll get a clue what is hapenning. Hope it makes sense.

Brugernavn
08-27-2012, 04:45 AM
Yeah, it does make sense and I would love to have all that information...but plotting in all my units in that program sounds like hard work and having to update everytime something happens unitwise...

Giedrybe
08-27-2012, 05:28 AM
Choice is really up to you :) But if you have no casualties, it is not a big thing to do actually. I have casualties and it is not a big thing to me to keep it updated in excel. In case of losses, I just update column of quantity, in cases of units get/bought, it is usually pretty much few units type that you are focusing for the moment.

For example you would currently be buying let's say bio warfares. You can buy it whole day and then update your list once per day regarding number of bio warfares you have.

Search is more than easy in excel, so it takes minimum time for me. Anyway it is your choice.

Agent Orange
08-27-2012, 06:05 AM
Yeah, it does make sense and I would love to have all that information...but plotting in all my units in that program sounds like hard work and having to update everytime something happens unitwise...

Is it easier to just ask questions without actually being able to understand the answers?

Ok so I understand we might have a language barrier here but if you really want to understand the game you need to understand the basics and not keep asking for help and then dismissing it because you don't want to do the work.

Brugernavn
08-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Is it easier to just ask questions without actually being able to understand the answers?

Ok so I understand we might have a language barrier here but if you really want to understand the game you need to understand the basics and not keep asking for help and then dismissing it because you don't want to do the work.

Yeah, alright, I see where you're coming from. We all just tend to have a ****load of different units and the thought of having to plot all those into the program sounds quite time consuming. Don't worry, I'll give it a go:)

Giedrybe
08-27-2012, 07:25 AM
I am sure you'll be finished in like 20min or so. Anyway, I think it is logical to say that good general knows what army his is bringing to battle, if he wants to predict outcome of battle and strategy. And soldier as well usually wants to know what he is pointing towards enemy - rifle or middle finger. Both are aggressive actions, but damage is different :)

Anyway, I know that danish people are clever ones, so you'll managed.

By the way, I've read one article regarding cultural differences and similarities. It was a survey carried out that for us, lithuanians, the most similar cultural environment besides homeland is Denmark ;)

Brugernavn
08-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Hm, Gierdrybe, I did not know that. I'd think for us it would be Norway or Sweden or something. Good to know:)

I know about the app, but you guys talk about an excel ark, didn't you, or did I misunderstand something?

Tctiger
08-27-2012, 08:27 AM
In the toolkit what do the three colours in unit list mean ? The red blue and white .

Giedrybe
08-27-2012, 08:37 AM
for example I use simple excel spreadsheet.

Brugernavn
08-27-2012, 11:51 AM
for example I use simple excel spreadsheet.

Alright, I'm just not that familiar with excel arks if it is not something I can just download and plot stuff into. Not sure how to make the spreadsheet myself.