PDA

View Full Version : Opinions About Leveling up and Levels

CRAWFORD
08-24-2012, 06:52 PM
As the title says. With the new events and somehow how the loots work, is it really worth leveling up? How does one know if they are too ahead?

Also, I had previously just gone through the maps and passed the just once. But apparently you can master each level if you complete them 5 times. And you can go as far as mastering each map. Is there stratedgy around this or is this just something to pat yourself in the back. Besides leveling and farming units, is there really any benefit to mastering and worry about completing these levels?

el_gringo
08-24-2012, 06:57 PM
well you get a reward for each time you complete a PVE level, although the only one thats worth getting excited about is the skilll point for doing it 5 times!

John Snow
08-24-2012, 07:14 PM
As the title says. With the new events and somehow how the loots work, is it really worth leveling up? How does one know if they are too ahead?

The easiest way to tell if you are too far ahead is if you are on the losing side of the majority of raids and attacks in your bracket. Check your Rival's List to see how you compare. If you're stronger than most you're doing OK, otherwise...

Dr. Dengus
08-24-2012, 07:23 PM

Also, I had previously just gone through the maps and passed the just once. But apparently you can master each level if you complete them 5 times. And you can go as far as mastering each map. Is there stratedgy around this or is this just something to pat yourself in the back. Besides leveling and farming units, is there really any benefit to mastering and worry about completing these levels?

When I first started playing I was focusing on getting maps to level 5 because it rewarded you a skill point upon completion. But I soon realized I was leveling too fast, and my army strength and income were falling behind. So to answer your question, the only benefit of getting maps to level 5 is earning a skill point. There's nothing wrong with spending your energy doing so. You just have to make sure that's what you want to spend your energy on. If you'd rather use energy to gain money or farm units, then you probably don't want to get all the maps to level 5.

Is it worth leveling up? Answering that question could create pages and pages of opinions from various people. It all depends on what your goals are. If you are trying to build your army strength, then you should do valor missions, which will in turn level you up. So in that sense, yes leveling up is worth it because you are gaining valor to fill out your army. But if you have a camping mindset and want to focus on upgrading the buildings in your base, then leveling up isn't really a huge priority. Basically, it all depends on your playing style.

NSC
08-24-2012, 07:26 PM
What level are you?

I'm level 35 with 55 allies(adding more for the boss event) with 1500/2200 A/D, and i don't fair too well against the people in my bracket.

Dr. Dengus
08-24-2012, 07:28 PM
What level are you?

I'm level 35 with 55 allies(adding more for the boss event) with 1500/2200 A/D, and i don't fair too well against the people in my bracket.

I'd recommend stocking up on Military Ambulances, if you haven't done so already. Get like 50+ of them and you'll hardly ever lose an attack/raid again at your lvl and ally count.

NSC
08-24-2012, 07:32 PM
I'd recommend stocking up on Military Ambulances, if you haven't done so already. Get like 50+ of them and you'll hardly ever lose an attack/raid again at your lvl and ally count.

Hmm i'll get them then! I was getting Sea Scouts, since i was planning to get the Increase Sea Units Power building + change to UK soon.

MonkeyPuppy2012
08-24-2012, 07:38 PM
I would advise the following:

Free Player---
Start off fast and attack everything for the first couple of levels
Invest in composite, defense skill, and a few money buildings that allow u to collect twice a day
---Once you have the air, navy, composite, and ground defense + buildings.. start camping...
get composite and air to 10, get your income to 100K

Gold Player-
Push Push Push... cap composite, air, and navy at 10.... get income to 200K
buy crates..... and the top LE unit. Participate and earn the defeat the boss events.

I am Iranian with great regeneration, but prepping to be Russian

Dr. Dengus
08-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Hmm i'll get them then! I was getting Sea Scouts, since i was planning to get the Increase Sea Units Power building + change to UK soon.

Ahh. If you're changing to UK and focusing on your Sea Boost, go with the Sea Scouts you'll definitely benefit more from them. But yeah, I had an LLP at around your same level and ally count, bought him around 80 Military Ambulances to boosthis defense to 3300+, and hardly ever does a successful attack fall through. Sorry to hijack your thread btw CRAWFORD.

Ascent
08-24-2012, 07:53 PM
The easiest way to tell if you are too far ahead is if you are on the losing side of the majority of raids and attacks in your bracket. Check your Rival's List to see how you compare. If you're stronger than most you're doing OK, otherwise...

I must disagree :)

Being stronger than most others only matters when you can no longer get ahead in a meaningful way without going over the 10M vault limit.

I am living proof that strength does not matter. I was probably the weakest active player in my brackets as I was leveling up. I reached the whale zone with 14,000 attack and 36,000 defense and I survived even there for three months now, getting to level 142 with an IPH of 1M.

If you collect on time and not afraid to sell buildings to fund over 10M upgrades, you can get to where I am as well. I also know, that people who started to play way ahead of me are still not where I am today.

So, strength is not necessary at all... I lost pretty much 99.9% of all attacks and raids initiated against me. I was still able to find players weaker than me (or possibly abbandoned bases) to complete all the missions and hoard a shiload of valor.

Strength is too overrated in this game...

you can also play smart

(And I am not talking about campingl, I never camped)

Q Raider
08-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Agree with Ascent, their are many ways to play this game.
I played an entirely different strategy, playing a minimum economy and used attacks/raids and PVE for income without a thought as to slowing the levelling up down. Without having to worry about an economy my unit buildings and defences were upgraded more quickly than many others.

I now have a LLP which is working to a different strategy, focussing on the elite events as a means of getting indestructible units and then building the base up between those.

Agent Orange
08-24-2012, 09:26 PM
I think in order to answer your question you need a pretty decent understanding of the game. For example boost vs units in your army or how often you can log in a day in order to collect your money buildings.

Also the makeup of your economy, I think you need a balanced approach.*

Level up to fast and you run into a wall of more powerful players who could wipe you out and ruin your fun.

Level up too slowly and you miss out on better money buildings and units.*

IMHO in a brand new game there are two key levels in the beginning, the first is L5 because that is the point where you can build the Guard Tower and L16 when you can build the Turret. In the low levels with low ally count defence buildings can make a difference plus they are added to your overall defence stats.*

Also the number of allies is important since this will determine where you show up in rivals lists..... For example my L 10 player only has one ally because only players with 1 ally in the same level are on that rivals list. The next grouping is 2 to I think 10.

So there are quite a few factors to consider.

Sent from FirstClass with my iPad

CRAWFORD
08-24-2012, 10:00 PM
I asked for more the purpose of being strong enough to win the boss events. I fear that at level 63, and having only a little over 11000 is not helping me. I'm not sure if I'm behind. When I look at my rivals I see all sorts of havoc. Got peopl from 30,000 all the way to 750. So I'm not so sure.

What would be interesting is if anyone knows the most recommended way of increasing your attack while leveling up. Like every level should be an increase of 250 attack. Something like when it comes to the boss events.

Thanks for the replies by the way. You guys have been helpful.

NSC
08-24-2012, 10:09 PM
I asked for more the purpose of being strong enough to win the boss events. I fear that at level 63, and having only a little over 11000 is not helping me. I'm not sure if I'm behind. When I look at my rivals I see all sorts of havoc. Got peopl from 30,000 all the way to 750. So I'm not so sure.

What would be interesting is if anyone knows the most recommended way of increasing your attack while leveling up. Like every level should be an increase of 250 attack. Something like when it comes to the boss events.

Thanks for the replies by the way. You guys have been helpful.

Try having units in mind which you want to mass buy, and how many before you level up. That may help.

Dreno33
08-24-2012, 11:05 PM
low levels have more (better) benefits than high levels (in my opinion)

BENEFITS:

- No whale zone
- Less gold players
- Epic Boss A LOT easier
- very easy to save over vault
- watch others on forums in higher levels and learn tips/techniques for future

DOWNFALLS:

- Some buildings still locked
- Higher Level Maps Unlocked
- Lower Tier Loot for events
- Less Stamina and/or Energy b/c of less Skill Points earned

am i missing a few obvious things?

NSC
08-24-2012, 11:15 PM
low levels have more (better) benefits than high levels (in my opinion)

BENEFITS:

- No whale zone
- Less gold players
- Epic Boss A LOT easier
- very easy to save over vault
- watch others on forums in higher levels and learn tips/techniques for future

DOWNFALLS:

- Some buildings still locked
- Higher Level Maps Unlocked
- Lower Tier Loot for events
- Less Stamina and/or Energy b/c of less Skill Points earned

am i missing a few obvious things?

Depending on spread of stamina/energy, i guess that isn't a major concern. I've 800 Energy / 10 Stamina at level 35 but very low A/D in terms of stat.
epic Bosses aren't too easy for us too cause we can't accomodate for the rapid rise in health =/

Dreno33
08-24-2012, 11:21 PM
Depending on spread of stamina/energy, i guess that isn't a major concern. I've 800 Energy / 10 Stamina at level 35 but very low A/D in terms of stat.
epic Bosses aren't too easy for us too cause we can't accomodate for the rapid rise in health =/

at lvl 35? you're still a LLP. and i have 14 stamina at lvl 17

Dr. Dengus
08-24-2012, 11:22 PM
Does anyone remember if we started the game with 3 skill points to spend, or were our first skill points obtained after reaching lvl 2?

Dreno33
08-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Does anyone remember if we started the game with 3 skill points to spend, or were our first skill points obtained after reaching lvl 2?

we level up during tutorial to lvl 2. that is when we get 3 SP's to spend

NSC
08-24-2012, 11:33 PM
at lvl 35? you're still a LLP. and i have 14 stamina at lvl 17

True i guess. Probably at higher levels where A/D matters much more =/