PDA

View Full Version : Stats drop when reinstalling the game (and theory)

mxz
08-23-2012, 06:53 PM
I reinstalled today (at support's insistence that would bring back an expansion I lost in the rollback) and was shocked to see my stats had dropped 701/832 points. After closing and restarting it came back to normal. The interesting thing is I believe these numbers are explained by leaving out items from the last 2 events (Collect 20 Leaderboard & Epic Boss).

Here's why:
New items from these events were not showing images in attack screen Items were not even listed in the inventory It just seems like the amount of stats I "won" between the two

Why is this interesting (to me...and probably no one else)?

It shows that there is a default list of items that populate on first running of v2.5. Since nothing is cached locally (yet) it defaults to the things the app 'knows' natively knows about. On the second running it has had time to digest the game data it downloads. This also explains why sometimes you have to open the app a second time after an event starts before getting it.

This is all pretty meaningless...but figured I'd put it out there to explain a small portion of the way the game works. Possibly this could help someone else who's freaking out about a stat drop after a reinstall.

iteachem
08-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Have seen this before as well.... Always on a reinstall

Polarbear
08-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Please let the thread go.

There is an active exploit that uses the above knowledge. It's also hard to detect as server side probably reports as legit earnings.

mxz
08-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Please let the thread go.

There is an active exploit that uses the above knowledge. It's also hard to detect as server side probably reports as legit earnings.Pretty much every thread I start could allow someone to exploit something - I'm guessing most people that read them are more interested in a tidbit or two that helps them understand why things are happening in the game.

Just don't let the cat(s) out of the bag and we're probably OK (I haven't received any cease and desists from CCM, yet). I also have a theory on more undetectable ways to use this (all) information on gameplay dynamics than simply exploiting the fundamental code. Since this specific "glitch" doesn't have anything to do with the server-side information there's no update for the server to catch (as it's a client display glitch rather than a {nefariously} functional one). So yeah...I don't see any harm in discussing it since it doesn't directly impact gameplay or give you an unfair advantage. If anything, what I'm actually discussing, actually hurts you.