PDA

View Full Version : Basic questions about PvP

giubr
08-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Forum experts,

I would like to tap on your experience and try to clarify some basic questions about PvPing. Sorry if these questions have been answered before, but I couldn't find them through a quick search in the forum.

So far I haven't been doing much PvP, as the gold was always vaulted, and buildings didn't produce enough gold to be worth raiding. However, after reading here that a lot of people use PvP as their main source of income, I gave it another shot and now have been finding people with unvaulted gold or higher level buildings, so it is becoming more profitable. Hence, I'll probably start doing more of it and have these questions:

1) When I am attacking another player, how many hits does it take for the player to become too weak to be attacked again? And how long does it take for the player to recover, that is, for him/her to be attackable again?

2) If someone raids my buildings, that does not go to the event list, correct? So is there any way to attack that person back other than just searching for his/her name on the battle list?

3) Also, I've noticed that I get notified by some raids (i.e. who raided me) and not others. What's the rule here? Certain buildings get notified and not others? Which ones?

4) If I send an alliance request to somebody, does the request have the same effect of the news list? That is, can the invited player use the request to visit my kingdom and then raid/ attack me indefinitely?

5) I've seem some talks here in the forum about being attacked by other people but then befriending them. Is there a way for me to directly send an alliance request to an attacker? Or the only way is to write on his/her message board and/or hope that he/she has posted his/her code on the message board?

Thank you for you help, and have fun!

Musketblade
08-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Ive been trying the raiding thing to try to make some cash but, you loose a couple high priests and it just sets you back. I always loose a HP right off the bat so Im really picky now.

giubr
08-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Ive been trying the raiding thing to try to make some cash but, you loose a couple high priests and it just sets you back. I always loose a HP right off the bat so Im really picky now.

To try to manage that, I follow someone else's strategy that I read here in the forum: I have one army to attack and another to defend. Granted you might still lose your pricey attack units, but at least my defense remains intact while I am looking for profitable buildings to raid.

Everson25
08-23-2012, 02:15 PM
I will answer number 2 for now. If someone raids you or attacks you, the player will appear on your news list. You can attack a player back using the news list or you can go for the rival list.

SoccerStud
08-23-2012, 02:18 PM
1. 10-20 hits, I have no idea about recover time though. Possibly 2-3 hours
2. Is answered above by Everson
3. No it's just that their notification system doesn't work very well
4. No they cannot attack you or raid you from a request.
5. No unless you know their code or you give them yours and they send a request.

Everson25
08-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Number 4, if someone sends a request you should notice it's written "reply". So the answer is 'no'. A player can't attack you back only because you send a request for alliance.

Everson25
08-23-2012, 02:21 PM
1. 10 hits, I have no idea about recover time though. Possibly 2-3 hours
2. Is answered above by Everson
3. No it's just that their notification system doesn't work very well
4. No they cannot attack you or raid you from a request.I even didn't notice a cap. It means it's been a while since I did a good attack. I used to do 15 hits easily.

SoccerStud
08-23-2012, 02:23 PM
I even didn't notice a cap. It means it's been a while since I did a good attack. I used to do 15 hits easily.
Really? Isn't is only 10 for mw and cc? Oh well, I just assumed it was 10, I'll change that

giubr
08-23-2012, 02:31 PM
Everson and SoccerStud,

Thank you for your replies, they are very helpful. In particular, I hadn't noticed that the event list shows both attacks and raids, so this whole time I thought I was raiding people in stealth. Good that I was not revenged that much... :-)

SoccerStud
08-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Everson and SoccerStud,

Thank you for your replies, they are very helpful. In particular, I hadn't noticed that the event list shows both attacks and raids, so this whole time I thought I was raiding people in stealth. Good that I was not revenged that much... :-)
Your welcome. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask! And welcome to the forums.

giubr
08-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Really? Isn't is only 10 for mw and cc? Oh well, I just assumed it was 10, I'll change that

There is certainly a cap. I've hit more than 10, but not more than 20, so maybe 15 is the cap?

Also, any idea of whether the cap is per attacker or cumulative? In other words, if a players is being attacked by 2 players at the same time, and assuming the cap is 15, would the player only take 15 hits, or could the player potentially take 30 hits?

As for the recovery time, I've also observed ~3h empirically, but wanted to check if someone had figured the exact mechanics...

SoccerStud
08-23-2012, 02:47 PM
There is certainly a cap. I've hit more than 10, but not more than 20, so maybe 15 is the cap?

Also, any idea of whether the cap is per attacker or cumulative? In other words, if a players is being attacked by 2 players at the same time, and assuming the cap is 15, would the player only take 15 hits, or could the player potentially take 30 hits?

As for the recovery time, I've also observed ~3h empirically, but wanted to check if someone had figured the exact mechanics...
The player only would take 15 hits, so it's accumulative.

GetItOn
08-23-2012, 03:16 PM

I think it's a bit higher. Maybe lvl plays a part. I've never counted but I've gotten close to 200k attacking someone for 9900 gold a hit.

The_Red
08-23-2012, 03:30 PM

it also seems like there is a per player one as well... Ive hit a guy the same time someone else was
and it seemed like we were able to get much more than 20 hits combined.

Vile Lynn
08-23-2012, 03:48 PM
I can attack one player 20 times before they are too weak to battle.
(in MW, I get 15 @lvl~65, in CC 10 attacks @lvl~162)

It may be level-dependent... In KA, I'm in the high 80's... 87, I think.
I've been able to do 20 attacks since they changed it a few months ago.

Welcome to the forum, Glubr! :cool:

John Snow
08-23-2012, 05:52 PM

You simply need to get more units with a higher attack rating than your high priests so you don't bring any HPs into your attacks and raids. Imps have an attack of 12 - at $340/imp they're a cheap unit to use as a meat shield to protect your HPs. So if you have 100 allies, you need to have 400 units with an attack > 11 in order to fully protect your HPs.

tcapi
08-23-2012, 05:59 PM
You simply need to get more units with a higher attack rating than your high priests so you don't bring any HPs into your attacks and raids. Imps have an attack of 12 - at $340/imp they're a cheap unit to use as a meat shield to protect your HPs. So if you have 100 allies, you need to have 400 units with an attack > 11 in order to fully protect your HPs.

why 400 units?

The_Red
08-23-2012, 06:05 PM
why 400 units?

looks like a typo... should be 300 units w/ 100 allies.

Musketblade
08-23-2012, 06:22 PM
hmmm guess ill have to work something out

Talkazar
08-23-2012, 08:03 PM
1) Is 20 hits for me (lvl 114) and I'm under the impression its been at that level for a while (it used to be 5). I guess it may vary by level. Also the 'to weak to attack' notification does occasionally come up earlier for no obvious reason (except its usually on weak people, which does suggest a global limit)

3) The notification system tries to merge multiple messages (so if you lose 5 units defending, its because you have been attacked 20 times). So if the same person attacks you and raids multiple buildings its all combined into one line. I do suspect that the system does lose some raids as well, but I don't get raided often enough to check (and, well, don't want to).

Musketblade
08-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Imp thing seams to be working

tcapi
08-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Imp still get killed in battles, but replacement is cheaper now.

You can purchase 1 Imp and check if there is any increment on your stats A. If there isn't any, that is when your army for attack is having army of minimum A12 each (Imp A12/D5).

When you are ready to move up your A, replace a lost Imp with a Cat ( or whatever you want in your attack army). So you would not stuck with too many unused Imp.

tcapi
08-24-2012, 09:10 PM
And obviously you need to have a large enough army of Imp for the meat shield tactic to work.

John Snow
08-24-2012, 10:43 PM
looks like a typo... should be 300 units w/ 100 allies.

Thanks for the correction. I should read what I write a little more closely before I hit post.

spectra
08-25-2012, 01:12 AM
Forum experts,

I would like to tap on your experience and try to clarify some basic questions about PvPing. Sorry if these questions have been answered before, but I couldn't find them through a quick search in the forum.

So far I haven't been doing much PvP, as the gold was always vaulted, and buildings didn't produce enough gold to be worth raiding. However, after reading here that a lot of people use PvP as their main source of income, I gave it another shot and now have been finding people with unvaulted gold or higher level buildings, so it is becoming more profitable. Hence, I'll probably start doing more of it and have these questions:

1) When I am attacking another player, how many hits does it take for the player to become too weak to be attacked again? And how long does it take for the player to recover, that is, for him/her to be attackable again?

Max you can hit is 20 times, for rival to be "available" again, it seem to take 2 hours, but for some players it seem to be over 8 hours

2) If someone raids my buildings, that does not go to the event list, correct? So is there any way to attack that person back other than just searching for his/her name on the battle list?

If someones raids you or attacks you, IT HAS TO SHOW ON YOUR NEWSFEED, if it does not, then report it to support, sometimes the reports takes a while to show in your newsfeed

3) Also, I've noticed that I get notified by some raids (i.e. who raided me) and not others. What's the rule here? Certain buildings get notified and not others? Which ones?

ALL raids are considered "attacks" thus they all should show in your newsfeed, even if only your cottages get raided, again if someone attacks/raids you and it does not shows in the newsfeed, then tell support about it

4) If I send an alliance request to somebody, does the request have the same effect of the news list? That is, can the invited player use the request to visit my kingdom and then raid/ attack me indefinitely?

NO, invitations only appear in a small "popup" on the left side of your screen right udner "QUESTS" and the only options the players that you sent the invitation has is to either ACCEPT or REMOVE, thus, NO they can not use a request to visit your kingdom at all

5) I've seem some talks here in the forum about being attacked by other people but then befriending them. Is there a way for me to directly send an alliance request to an attacker? Or the only way is to write on his/her message board and/or hope that he/she has posted his/her code on the message board?

YES, that is pretty much the only options you have when someone attacks you, you can only write your ID on his/her wall and hope they will send you a request or see if he/she posted their ID so you can send a request

Thank you for you help, and have fun!

Hope this helps
Cheers

marebear
08-25-2012, 07:16 AM
Recovery time for someone too weak to battle is 2 1/2 hours.

giubr
08-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies and info, especially to all that took the time for the detailed answers.

I do think though that I opened my mouth too early. I am having more trouble now finding unvaulted gold and uncollected profitable buildings.

Does anybody have efficient strategies they want to share about how to find profitable targets?

Thanks

deuce
08-26-2012, 05:30 AM
Buy imps to get your HPs out of your attack army.