PDA

View Full Version : Former Defense Building Basher

Dr BoneCrusher
08-23-2012, 06:39 AM
Its taken some time, but I now see the light. A couple of things first, their are a few good threads on the forum on how they work and the Boost in defense you recive so no need to rehash it and most are ugly so those who want a attractive hood try and hide them or arrange in a cool pattern.

With that said, most of us know, the bulk of our IPH is derived from a few buildings, so that leaves valuable real estate for something. I say D up. When built and leveled in an informed way defense buildings can deter attacks more so then robberies. Players hate to lose attack bombs. Attacks are won on a much tighter attack to defense ratio then robberies and if your stats are better but close you will not want to burn bombs. Also, their is an fascination with winning a battle with a 10-0, so if a player thinks they mite lose they will not attack. IMO, if your not losing your not trying!

The best way to defend against robberies is to collect on time, but with a good array of D buildings it may deter some of the smaller fish from taking a bite.

Sorry Gree, Never Buy Gold Defensive Buildings!

So build away!

DashX
08-23-2012, 06:45 AM
Just collect on time and your newsfeed will be empty :D :D

mxz
08-23-2012, 07:33 AM
Just collect on time and your newsfeed will be empty :D :DYou don't suffer from Idiotswithcrappystatswhoblindlyattackyou syndrome, do you?

jmeijer
08-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Just collect on time and your newsfeed will be empty :D :DPeople can still attack you, so your argument is invalid.

Polarbear
08-23-2012, 08:00 AM
But defensive buildings are so UGLY!

- police station is alright.

Dr BoneCrusher
08-23-2012, 08:08 AM
But defensive buildings are so UGLY!

- police station is alright.

You do have an attractive and lucrative hood 👍👍👍

SevenO9
08-23-2012, 08:13 AM
I second Polarbear. Gatlings, missile turrets and barbwire in front of a fancy hotel / nightclub / italian restaurant? C'mon man!

Dr BoneCrusher
08-23-2012, 03:21 PM
I second Polarbear. Gatlings, missile turrets and barbwire in front of a fancy hotel / nightclub / italian restaurant? C'mon man!

You can hide them if you like, the bigger ones well their is always beauty in power.

DashX
08-23-2012, 03:36 PM
You don't suffer from Idiotswithcrappystatswhoblindlyattackyou syndrome, do you?

Well those most of the times lose. So thats okay ;)

kaz
08-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Besides, MG, GT and MT what's the best defense building? I thought about Muay thai, but I'm not sure they're really worth the effort. Opinions please? :)

Dr BoneCrusher
08-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Surveillance centers and muay thai fit well together and the centers are 40 defense on level 1

emcee
08-23-2012, 04:48 PM
I've changed my thinking a few months back. Have only upgraded defense buildings since mid June or so. Only exception are night clubs. Technically all you need are 2 level 10 NCs and are good. Hide it amongst a hood full of defense buildings.

Most of my 50 gatlings are at level 4, 50 machine gun turrets at level 2, sold all my guard towers to make room for sniper's den. So far have 35 of them. Still have 58 income buildings but level 4 and 5 nc are by far the bulk. Don't anticipate doing the 15 million next expansion until I sell off a lot more buildings.

After sniper's den then its Muay Thai's.

Yes stats are inflated but I base my defense building upgrades on real/effective stats increase.

Swearengen
08-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Gattlings, Missle Turrets, Surv Center, Sniper dens, then maybe a few Mua thais are the ticket! You can differently make them look good also, seen some very nice Def hoods. As for inflated stats - that only matters if you don't know the actual effective def stats your carring. I would say for those non-gold spenders out there, stock up, then you won't get your azz'es handed to you as often (hopefully) in the HL's...

Polarbear
08-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Gattlings, Missle Turrets, Surv Center, Sniper dens, then maybe a few Mua thais are the ticket! You can differently make them look good also, seen some very nice Def hoods. As for inflated stats - that only matters if you don't know the actual effective def stats your carring. I would say for those non-gold spenders out there, stock up, then you won't get your azz'es handed to you as often (hopefully) in the HL's...

I am yet to see how you can make def buildings look nice... Especially sniper dens.
You can decorate a crappy building, but in the end still a crappy building.

Zendfrim
08-23-2012, 08:46 PM
I have been hoping for a long time that Gree-fun would finally make defense not ridiculous, but that hasn't happened yet. It should not take 100,000 defense to stop 50,000 attack. There needs to be far more powerful defensive buildings and items. I would even go so far as to say either talent points in attack and defense need to be eliminated, or the "random element" should be.

If any of that sounds ridiculous, fine, just give us better defense buildings at all levels as well as good defensive items for all levels, costing only in game money. I don't care if the best stuff costs a billion in game bucks. I would take it. I have been saying good hoods should be encouraged, even a requirement.

Further to encourage good hoods and maybe get people to spend more money to develop good ones, make attack items cost in game dollar upkeep. Just an idea. Items with upkeep should be REALLY nice though, like 100 attack, 200 defense.

SevenO9
08-23-2012, 10:57 PM
I have been saying good hoods should be encouraged, even a requirement.

This 1000x. Econ for the sake of econ was fun for some month. Now it gets kinda boring.

Jekevoy
08-24-2012, 05:29 AM
I have a couple of sniper dens and a safe house grouped together with my warehouse, pawn shop and gunshop in a sort of "rough part of town" theme. I also have a guard dog center just so I can put a fire hydrant out front.

Intrance
08-24-2012, 09:37 AM
With that said, most of us know, the bulk of our IPH is derived from a few buildings, so that leaves valuable real estate for something.

So build away!

Sorry I'm new to this game. So which buildings are u talking about? Do u sell other buildings? Wouldn't all buildings contribute to iph no matter how little or it's just not worth it?
Planing to camp a bit (39 atm), which buildings is worth it and which I should just sell?

Dr BoneCrusher
08-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Sorry I'm new to this game. So which buildings are u talking about? Do u sell other buildings? Wouldn't all buildings contribute to iph no matter how little or it's just not worth it?
Planing to camp a bit (39 atm), which buildings is worth it and which I should just sell?

Well, first I should say, my playing style is fighting/robbing not really hood building, but I also think an empty hood is weak. Night Clubs are the be all end all in Crime City, they are able to be collected every 6hrs and for some people that could be troublesome. Other high end 24hrs, 48hrs and 12hrs are great. At your level you will buy buildings to keep your economy going only to sell them later. Lofts, Movie Theaters and Dominicans are geat to have and will be usefull even late in the game. Their many good hood building threads on the forum you should check out. Good luck!

Auxilium
08-24-2012, 02:00 PM
If i was you i would go for a crawler technique. I'm 32 at this point with stats listed below. I'm only leveling when a event is going on. For example the box events i clear maps to get boxes. Once i have the 20th or a load boxes i just stop fighting. For the boss event to trigger a boss i went searching for Lofts to rob. Lofts and Lofts only. Low exp with great RP. No event? No leveling.

Oh and also keep upgrading and building the good buildings at all time. (strategy might be boring at some time, i agree but at this point i kick the hell out of every player at my lvl including gold spenders).

nopenopenope
08-24-2012, 02:24 PM
This 1000x. Econ for the sake of econ was fun for some month. Now it gets kinda boring.Don't forget the Income Earners event when it cycles back through. You'll hear the whiners come out of the woodwork cuz their hoods suck.

Swearengen
08-24-2012, 02:46 PM
If i was you i would go for a crawler technique. I'm 32 at this point with stats listed below. I'm only leveling when a event is going on. For example the box events i clear maps to get boxes. Once i have the 20th or a load boxes i just stop fighting. For the boss event to trigger a boss i went searching for Lofts to rob. Lofts and Lofts only. Low exp with great RP. No event? No leveling.

Oh and also keep upgrading and building the good buildings at all time. (strategy might be boring at some time, i agree but at this point i kick the hell out of every player at my lvl including gold spenders).

I think crawling works to a point, i used it mid level. IMO art low and mid lvl it works, once you get around 120 or so think you need to get more active. Just my opinion...

Swearengen
08-24-2012, 02:48 PM
I am yet to see how you can make def buildings look nice... Especially sniper dens.

Sorry you can polish a turd! I have seen good def hoods with lots of decorations, with sniper dens, so the dens dont look great but everything around them does and distracts u from the cappy looking bldg.

Auxilium
08-24-2012, 03:00 PM
I think crawling works to a point, i used it mid level. IMO art low and mid lvl it works, once you get around 120 or so think you need to get more active. Just my opinion...
That's true. I'm not sure yet on what level i will become more active because that depends on what loot i can farm. Right now, events are insane level boosters...

Sasha54
08-24-2012, 03:29 PM

I try to make my hood look like a RL town.

So my crappy looking stuff is all together in the "industrial" area and then you know I've got my restaurant row, entertainment district - my tattoo parlours are together with my strip club etc.

Works for me....if I had my crematorium beside my wedding chapel that would just freak me out........lol