PDA

View Full Version : There is only one true PIRATE

SGT Brody
08-22-2012, 11:44 PM
And it's Gree -

Let's recap:

How many complaints go unanswered? From both free and gold players.

How many times have they snubbed their nose at people who had a legitimate complaint and refused to give something to someone who rightfully won it?

They have refused people gold bonuses they promised.

Put time constraints on when someone could file a complaint to get a unit they had already won that wasn't in their inventory because of mistake they made.

Changed a unit in the middle of an event after people had spent money trying to get it.

Refused to return gold to players that lost it because of an glitch in the game.

They create boss events that discriminate between players. Supposedly the difficulty of the boss depends on your level and strength. That is an easy way to disguise the true basis for the boss: how much gold you spend or have spent. The majority of the strongest players/highest level players buy at least some gold. The difficulty doesn't even go up in the same increments. One player can get to the 15th boss without using gold, another to the 20th, and one of the "whales" had to start using gold at 4. 4?!?! How much would they have to spend to get to 30? Oh yeah and the boost buildings that are an integral part of the game. Not allowed to use them on the boss.

Then comes the new and awesome leader board event. This so called "auction style event" to get the prize except when you bid on something at an auction the only "odds" you're playing are how much other people will bid. This is a gambling event you take a chance on getting one of the parts you need to get the final prize. It's a two tiered gambling system with the opening of the box and what you get. After all of that then you have to compete against others to get the most parts. Does anyone else find it odd that that there isn't anywhere to see the full leader board on the leader board event? Did anyone else notice that the unit for the 25th box was one of the weakest units we have seen in previous crate

There have been few improvements to the game itself in the last few months. There are huge gaping holes in the inventory of units that can be bought for cash and we have seen no new units. One does not have to be even close to a whale to reach a point where almost every cash unit forsake 2-3 are useless. No new buildings have been released. The other types of loot we get during events haven't been improved upon. We are still getting supply frigates, fortified snipers, dragon soldiers, defensive cannons, etc. Nothing different, nothing new, nothing even to match your level/strength (well accept the boss that is) and all boring. I appreciate the indestructibles during the boss events but its pretty cheap to have indestructibles that aren't strong enough to be included in my army when I'm attacking and then cheaper to give me 9 of them in one event and then use the same units in the next. It's cheap to make the last unit for getting 25 parts a huge downgrade from previous events where someone only had to get 10. Especially when it costs more to get those 25 then in any other event. It's cheap to give a prize that allows for a two at a time building upgrade to only 25 people that had to spend thousands to get it.

There is no customer appreciation. There has not been one event where Gree gave free players a real shot at winning a top tier prize. I haven't been a free player but I still think it's something that should do once in a while. Or at least have an event where all of the prizes are good. We have had only one PVP event and those could be fun but no more of those have come out. All of the events are about spending more and more and more gold and people are getting cheated. And even those few who can afford it are getting cheated too. It's not right whether it's $10 or $10000.

Now i ask you: Who's the true pirate?

And to the heavy spenders, those in the top 25 right now, the pirates, the Navy, the Whales - you obviously have the resources to do something about this. You can change it, you can take it back. I wonder how Gree's North American revenue was 26 million dollars for the first 6 months of this year. Think about it. You can authenticate your own modern war and do a little real world raiding. I wonder how many battle points that would be worth.

DashX
08-22-2012, 11:47 PM
So what you are trying to say "I'm quitting this game. Goodbye!" ?

Copenhagen
08-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Great read and spot on.

CasualPlayer
08-22-2012, 11:58 PM
So true! Sent a ticket about the assault bear only to get the same bullsh!t, it's invisible. it's invisible???come on you con artists! I have to say people
Like ferr and pirate enforcer have played right into the hands of gree. They have probably spent the same amount combined what Modern wars monthly turnover is.
doubt anything will ever change so I'm on the hunt for a fresh new game

Baraka
08-23-2012, 12:20 AM
Spot on in every sense. Thing is if people still doing them events. Gree will keep it the same. Ferr must of spent I'm thinking around a 1000 dollar real money on the event. And others below him like 500 Gree will have made tens of thousands in less than a week.with there others games where they are also conning people surely this is enough and try to do something for free players.

mickymacirl
08-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Some good points!

A player I know spent 4 vaults to stay in the top 25 for the first few days, and gave up after because it was impossible to keep up, SO to gather the number Ferr and Pirate got we are talking a considerable amount of money/gold, gotta be into the 60k of gold, more power to them, I'll never spend money again after seeing the amount of cheaters on the game, and the fact they have went undetected for a year or two, how can anyone compete with that? It's not a level playing field.

My prediction in relation to the number of parts was somewhat correct, I said 300 for top 25... I was right! Ferr and Pirate's don't count :P

Everson25
08-23-2012, 12:57 AM
I would think that Gree with such amount of money they are making they should have the best game in the market. A game which is flawless and with the best team to support. I'm sure many of the problems would be easy to solve if they get a bit of money they are making and put into game itself.

What we clearly see is Gree making more and more money and nothing changing. I like the game, that's why I'm still here but sometimes it's hard to see future for this game in the short term in the way things are going.

Baraka
08-23-2012, 01:23 AM
I would think that Gree with such amount of money they are making they should have the best game in the market. A game which is flawless and with the best team to support. I'm sure many of the problems would be easy to solve if they get a bit of money they are making and put into game itself.

What we clearly see is Gree making more and more money and nothing changing. I like the game, that's why I'm still here but sometimes it's hard to see future for this game in the short term in the way things are going.
I think that's how everyone feels. The game should be flawless and have new buildings coming out and good fair events for free players. And would should hear more from Gree.like what they are planning and things. But its all in vain. They don't care about there players the people who keep the game going.

Ajk
08-23-2012, 01:27 AM
Well, it used to be called 'Three card Monte'. I guess its ok now.

Sidtech
08-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Spot on in every sense. Thing is if people still doing them events. Gree will keep it the same. Ferr must of spent I'm thinking around a 1000 dollar real money on the event. And others below him like 500 Gree will have made tens of thousands in less than a week.with there others games where they are also conning people surely this is enough and try to do something for free players.

I'm guessing you are off on those amounts spent by Ferr and PE by about 10 fold!!!!

Thunder Child
08-24-2012, 02:53 AM
Agree with most of what you wrote, SGT Brody. Sadly, the solution is unlikely to come from GREEd.

The best solution I have found for my own sanity and to bring the enjoyment back to my game is to turn my back on gold entirely, lower my expectations across the board, follow a simpler strategy than I would have liked to have played, and gently remind myself occasionally that it's only a game...

Jhoemel
08-24-2012, 03:11 AM
Agree with most of what you wrote, SGT Brody. Sadly, the solution is unlikely to come from GREEd.

The best solution I have found for my own sanity and to bring the enjoyment back to my game is to turn my back on gold entirely, lower my expectations across the board, follow a simpler strategy than I would have liked to have played, and gently remind myself occasionally that it's only a game...

Nice take tc, Even if I can only get to 7 in the boss event I just think that its a free way to get indestructible units. I remember a way back when there's no events, My army looks pale because everything can die, but now I have a lot of indestructible units that I got for free without using real money. Even if I am only getting a common, I'm contented when I think that I'm getting a unit that doesn't die for free :) just my 2 cents(This expression that I learned from you guys).

Maverick50727
08-24-2012, 06:49 AM
Agree on the level based boss events not being right. on MW L160+ I got to boss 7 only by leveling which reset my strength. For grins I went to play my old CC account L10 (a game which I really played and took to heart). On CC at a low level even with very little allies (under 30) I was able to get to boss 22 without spending and still going. Free players at high levels are at a extreme disadvantage these days to get indestructible units they can actually use in their armies. The common payouts I can't use and the odds for uncommon and rare increase for each boss I defeat, but can't get past 6? 10-15 range is where I saw the first useful units previously.

But overall, I can't complain too much. I've spent $1 and a $15 iTunes gift card out of my pocket for the composite. That was my thank you to Funzio for the time I've played. Also when you look at all the indestructible units from events, it is free stuff they are giving away that as free player you would never have access to without spending real $. I do feel sorry for those that have spent and feel cheated. I also thank them for paying for the game.

Lordsloss
08-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Tl;dr I will assume it was a nice read.

iyedol
08-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Write in Japanese maybe you will get a quicker response to all of the known issues.(No discrimination here, just saying).

多分あなたは速いの既知の問題のすべてに応答します(ここではありません差別、ちょうど言う)されます日本 語で書いてください。

Blackstone
08-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Agree. It's a shame because I really liked this game at the start. It's obvious the game is only designed to make money and no real effort or thought is put in to make the game better. Seems this is Funzio's last gasp to make money before closing shop.

SGT Brody
08-24-2012, 05:59 PM
No I'm not saying goodbye I'm saying that all of those people that are getting cheated should take action.

jay_usher
08-25-2012, 02:44 AM
Some good points!

A player I know spent 4 vaults to stay in the top 25 for the first few days, and gave up after because it was impossible to keep up, SO to gather the number Ferr and Pirate got we are talking a considerable amount of money/gold, gotta be into the 60k of gold, more power to them, I'll never spend money again after seeing the amount of cheaters on the game, and the fact they have went undetected for a year or two, how can anyone compete with that? It's not a level playing field.

My prediction in relation to the number of parts was somewhat correct, I said 300 for top 25... I was right! Ferr and Pirate's don't count :P
How are they cheating?