PDA

View Full Version : Reinforced Crates

Crazy Canuck
08-22-2012, 03:29 PM
This can't be right! Think someone had to have made a mistake.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff410/97RKM/E56D51CA-C5FF-4B1A-B327-FB8EA56A74A1-2280-0000027E65F4A451.jpg

Dr. Dengus
08-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Yeah my guess is the Warfighter shares a similar Unit ID number to what they meant to put there. Careless error by the programmers. Probably too busy partying from all the money coming in from the leaderboard event lol. I don't think the Warfighter carries a bonus like some have suggested because wasn't it just in last weeks LE set?

Zoltarov
08-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Yeah my guess is the Warfighter shares a similar Unit ID number to what they meant to put there. Careless error by the programmers. Probably too busy partying from all the money coming in from the leaderboard event lol. I don't think the Warfighter carries a bonus like some have suggested because wasn't it just in last weeks LE set?

Yes, it was an item in last weeks LE set. I bought them last week.
I think it will be pretty hard to change it for the people who bought it from the crates, since it is already in your inventory.

CasualPlayer
08-22-2012, 03:37 PM
Dumb ass programmers.
Could have made a load of money if they would have given a common unit the same stats as a rare one lol

Dr. Dengus
08-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Dumb ass programmers.
Could have made a load of money if they would have given a common unit the same stats as a rare one lol

Haha yeah if they accidentally put a rare where the commons are, we would be ALL over that!

albeezy
08-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Dumb ass programmers.
would be the first time you get 3 rares in a set of 3 crates. Wouldnt you be ticked to get 3 rares with those stats

Mcdoc
08-22-2012, 03:53 PM
If one of the commons had stats over 200 - Gree would see a bump in Gold sales that would leave them scratching their heads. Funny how bean counters don't see the real potential.

Khimsoo
08-22-2012, 05:10 PM
Maybe the war fighters will reduce 2% casualty or increase infantry atk by 2%?

Ryans67
08-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Maybe the fact that it is a LE makes it rare??? Cuz it sure doesn't have rare stats. lol.

Crazy Canuck
08-22-2012, 05:32 PM
All I know is till there is 3 rare units list that actually all have rare stats I'm not buying crates.

Miner
08-22-2012, 05:44 PM
I didn't notice it until I got one. Then I thought "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!"

Kiss Of Death
08-22-2012, 09:48 PM
I'm really miffed, first time I see a ship in all three rows!!!! And the dumb warfighter! Bet I get stacks of rare... warfighters... then you have the bung fight of getting them 'fixed' later. So holding off until they fix it...

Ticket sent...

Miner
08-23-2012, 04:45 AM
In 5 sets of crates, I got 3 rares. One of each.

Zoltarov
08-23-2012, 05:11 AM
In 5 sets of crates, I got 3 rares. One of each.How do you think they will fix it? I have the warfighter to in my inventory from last week LE.If they change the stats then i will profit also. If they change the unit then you have still the warfighter in your inventory.Once an item is in your inventory it is hard to change.

Miner
08-23-2012, 05:21 AM
I got a response from support that apologized for the mistake and said they're working on a solution. I politely requested that once the new unit is created (I doubt they'll change the stats), that they remove the Warfighter from my inventory and replace it with the newly created one. Maybe I could get the flancraft carrier added at the same time since I still don't have that.

jay_usher
08-23-2012, 05:51 AM
I didn't notice it until I got one. Then I thought "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!"Same here and got 5 of the **** ****s!! Try need to sort it! Or we should seriously start a gold ban cus I know Ive had enough of gree and the ****they are doing

Fazhang
08-23-2012, 07:10 AM
I was just gonna make a thread about this lol. Beat me to the punch

Mackdaddy
08-23-2012, 09:26 AM
People don't buy them until they are fixed!
So you take a chance to get the other units and end up with 1 or 2 rare Warfighters that should have the stats of that category. Will they fix it? Maybe, maybe not. Will they compensate? Who knows. Another screw up so why are we buying them?
Would you go to a store and buy something at full price that is brand new but also broken? Would you put a coin in a vending machine that keeps eating you quarters but no product comes out?
Sorry guys and gals I'm just starting to get tired of this sloppiness. I think there is a Gree engineer out there that needs some re-training.

Crazy Canuck
08-23-2012, 09:49 AM
People don't buy them until they are fixed!
So you take a chance to get the other units and end up with 1 or 2 rare Warfighters that should have the stats of that category. Will they fix it? Maybe, maybe not. Will they compensate? Who knows. Another screw up so why are we buying them?
Would you go to a store and buy something at full price that is brand new but also broken? Would you put a coin in a vending machine that keeps eating you quarters but no product comes out?
Sorry guys and gals I'm just starting to get tired of this sloppiness. I think there is a Gree engineer out there that needs some re-training. agree 100%

Did gree make a mistake? Yes, but if you know about the mistake why put yourself threw the hassle of having to have them correct it in your inventory? Like MD said just don't buy crates till the problem is solved.

albeezy
08-23-2012, 10:23 AM
funny how they can nerf the carrier in the last 10 item event and replace it so quickly (helped the players), but are going to have to work on this one (hurts the players) ... Nerf (when it helps the players) or Nothing (when it hurts the players)

Miner
08-23-2012, 10:40 AM
agree 100%

Did gree make a mistake? Yes, but if you know about the mistake why put yourself threw the hassle of having to have them correct it in your inventory? Like MD said just don't buy crates till the problem is solved.

I agree too. I just so happens that I didn't catch the mistake until I got the unit on my 5th crate purchase. Which made that my LAST crate purchase for now.

CJ54
08-23-2012, 11:22 AM
We just replaced the item with the correct stats in the actual drop table (so if anyone buys crates now, the correct item can drop), but we need to do a data push later today to make the change apparent in the store. Likewise, we're looking into running a script to replace everyone's warfighter with the correctly stated one.

Fl@sh
08-23-2012, 11:29 AM
We just replaced the item with the correct stats in the actual drop table (so if anyone buys crates now, the correct item can drop), but we need to do a data push later today to make the change apparent in the store. Likewise, we're looking into running a script to replace everyone's warfighter with the correctly stated one.
Awesome work CJ!!

Dr. Dengus
08-23-2012, 11:33 AM

So people who bought the Warfighter as part of the LE set will now get a new unit? Or this will only affect people who have received the Warfighter through a crates purchase?

Fl@sh
08-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Just bought 20 crates, didn't drop the new unit. Sorry everyone.

Vballmadam
08-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Me neither

dthfrmabv
08-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Is there a boss event?

Miner
08-23-2012, 11:56 AM

CJ -- Thanks for jumping in and giving us the update. Appreciate the communication!

Vballmadam
08-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Is there a boss event?

I wish!!!!

Fl@sh
08-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Is there a boss event?
Gosh, I hope not...

Vballmadam
08-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Gosh, I hope not...

Oh Flash you know you're game!

Miner
08-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Hey guys -- I just found, in the game files, the unit that is supposed to be in place of the Warfighter.

Unit Name: Flanfighter
Attack: 147
Defense: 13

The unit image is different too -- it looks like a 4 year old holding a stuffed animal in one hand and a lollipop in the other.

Fl@sh
08-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Hey guys -- I just found, in the game files, the unit that is supposed to be in place of the Warfighter.

Unit Name: Flanfighter
Attack: 147
Defense: 13

The unit image is different too -- it looks like a 4 year old holding a stuffed animal in one hand and a lollipop in the other.
LMAO!!
It may just be me, but when I picture Flan, I think of Gollum from Lord of the Rings.

Precious!! My precious turret operator!!

Miner
08-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Maybe it can ride in my Flancraft Carrier that still has not been awarded from the "Name the Boat" contest.

Ryans67
08-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Those stats are way too high for a flanfighter.... Plus a flanfighter would have to be loot drop, similar to a tree sniper. :D

Fl@sh
08-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Maybe it can ride in my Flancraft Carrier that still has not been awarded from the "Name the Boat" contest.
Which has a spot reserved on deck right next to the Assault Bear for my Fusion APC that doesn't work...

dthfrmabv
08-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Those stats are way too high for a flanfighter.... Plus a flanfighter would have to be loot drop, similar to a tree sniper. :D

Wow you humiliate the Tree sniper by bring it down to such level...

Buggs1a
08-23-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm really miffed, first time I see a ship in all three rows!!!! And the dumb warfighter! Bet I get stacks of rare... warfighters... then you have the bung fight of getting them 'fixed' later. So holding off until they fix it...

Ticket sent...

Check yer pm. It's full or something. Won't let me send one.

Ryans67
08-23-2012, 11:08 PM
I hope they replace my two warfighters with the new rare.... Definitely like the new item better. ;)

jay_usher
08-24-2012, 03:22 AM
I hope they replace my two warfighters with the new rare.... Definitely like the new item better. ;)I have 5 of te twats! They need to cus is a piss take if they don't!

Ryans67
08-27-2012, 09:39 PM
So anyone else notice they swapped the items out??? I'm curious if anyone who purchased the LE warfighter still has it, ie., how would they differentiate between the two?