PDA

View Full Version : Screwed by the Epic Boss trigger

mxz
08-22-2012, 07:13 AM
Saw 2 uncollected office buildings this morning...score! Hit the first one. Success. Felt a vibration...f me in the a, Cotton. Exited the boss as quick as I could since I know he's a picky collector. Went to finish the jobs and I get the dreaded unlootable screens. After 3 attempts to see if it was a connection error I attacked only to find he'd quickly banked.

I haven't been able to do Epic Bosses for 2 days - wish they'd give us a way of turning the triggers off. :/

Swearengen
08-22-2012, 07:46 AM
That would be nice, I am not trying either anymore, just exiting...

Euchred
08-22-2012, 07:48 AM
Agreed, I was farming a 3 hit job and the job completed when the trigger occurred and then the job didn't drop any loot. Only happened once but now I'm wary of the trigger.

dudeman
08-22-2012, 07:48 AM
I was doing a job on the Restaurant map. The current boss that I wasn't fighting hadn't run away yet, so I tapped on the job six times so I could just do the job x3 and then carry on to somthing else. I guess while this was happening the boss got away, so right after the first job completion I got the boss approaching screen. I close out of that and go back to see that the job did not complete two more times like it normally would have, and I still spent the energy but got zilch for it. It sucks how it seems like every new update presents more problems instead of fewer problems.

TonySpaghetti
08-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Agreed, I was farming a 3 hit job and the job completed when the trigger occurred and then the job didn't drop any loot. Only happened once but now I'm wary of the trigger.

Fluke. I've had drops even though my hits were interrupted by the epic boss.

BOS
08-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Fluke. I've had drops even though my hits were interrupted by the epic boss.

More than a fluke, I've had this happen 4 times farming the TLC... no cash or TLC drop, and sometimes the person in question would stay on the ground, and my character would continue shooting...

mxz
08-22-2012, 08:35 AM
Fluke. I've had drops even though my hits were interrupted by the epic boss.I think there's an odd factor involved. I've noticed it both ways.

I believe there's a delay on some boss triggers built in and others it kicks right away. The easiest way, I've seen, to notice this is doing a 1En/1XP mission on the first map. It may take up to 30s to trigger, allowing loot to be dropped (every PVE/PVP will eventually trigger). However, on higher En/XP you're generally getting a trigger right away which glitches you out of the loot.

I guess someone could do a good case study and research how triggers actually work...but I've stopped doing PVE on my main account so I'm not in a position to do this right now.

<3 Hz
08-22-2012, 08:57 AM
Yeah I really wish there was an option to turn the event off once we're done.

mnju_03
08-22-2012, 08:58 AM
I used to just not update because of events. That's one way of preventing these issues.

Euchred
08-22-2012, 09:33 AM
More than a fluke, I've had this happen 4 times farming the TLC... no cash or TLC drop, and sometimes the person in question would stay on the ground, and my character would continue shooting...

That's exactly what happened to me, no cash drop and my avatar kept slicing and dicing.

Paulio
08-22-2012, 09:52 AM
You think that's bad? I beat the Epic Boss #30 3 1/2 days ago, but my goals list shows only 25/30. Therefore, no Katana for me. I've contacted support and still no response.

mnju_03
08-22-2012, 10:06 AM
You think that's bad? I beat the Epic Boss #30 3 1/2 days ago, but my goals list shows only 25/30. Therefore, no Katana for me. I've contacted support and still no response.

I sucked **** for cocaine!

Olly1
08-22-2012, 10:39 AM

Ouch. That sounds expensive. I'm only on 28 at the mo so I'm hoping it isn't a common fault

That said, my KA account beat a boss event that ended 3 1/2 weeks ago and I still haven't got the item. I've sent quite a few emails. Hopefully it won't take that long for you but prepare for the worst just in case....

(CCC)- The Pope
08-22-2012, 10:42 AM
I sucked **** for cocaine!

Ouch. That sounds expensive. Hopefully it won't take that long for you but prepare for the worst just in case....

There is only one

Who will not judge

And will relieve you into

Their loving arms

CCC

Vile Lynn
08-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Wouldn't it be nice of Gree to credit us with all those wasted stamina & energy that triggered a boss but didn't count the attack, rob, money or loot?

Frustrating. I try to trigger a boss when I won't miss anything.

mnju_03
08-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Wouldn't it be nice of Gree to credit us with all those wasted stamina & energy that triggered a boss but didn't count the attack, rob, money or loot?

Frustrating. I try to trigger a boss when I won't miss anything.

They'd rather just ban us.

(CCC)- The Pope
08-22-2012, 11:23 AM
They'd rather just ban us.

no...no

GREE...is....Good

Pray for thine enemies

Paulio
08-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Ouch. That sounds expensive. I'm only on 28 at the mo so I'm hoping it isn't a common fault

That said, my KA account beat a boss event that ended 3 1/2 weeks ago and I still haven't got the item. I've sent quite a few emails. Hopefully it won't take that long for you but prepare for the worst just in case....

As we all know, the bosses get incrementally more difficult to beat; therefore, more expensive to beat. At this rates, I'm certainly not going to try and beat boss #31-35, when bosses #1-5 were free.

Dravak
08-22-2012, 12:12 PM

If your goal list doesn't update that is strange Paul , try to finish another goal !
And check what level the boss is at !

Well if the boss level says 32 or higher then it should auto update ,once another goal has been completed .

But yeah customer support is mighty slow this time around .

Paulio
08-22-2012, 12:19 PM
My goal list works just fine for the most part, other than the epic boss one. I simply wasn't given credit for beating the first 5 bosses. It wasn't until I beat #6 that it showed 1/30 on that goal. You're right tho, support is very slow. I think they're inundated with tickets given all the issues with broken wall comments and legit players that got locked out of their accounts. I'm trying to be gracious on this one, but it's tough.

Astroboy
08-22-2012, 12:23 PM
The trigger getting in the way of completing jobs happens all the time in MW. I've lost huge amounts of energy points when the "epic boss" decides to interrupt. You lose the energy but the job isn't completed :mad: