PDA

View Full Version : Apache helicopters

iWar
08-22-2012, 01:39 AM
Hiya guys,

Anyone have any experience with the apache helicopters? They require a lvl 6 advanced airbase and have 26/31 stats. I'm trying to raise my defence, but would also like to add some attack. That's why I thought about upgrading my advanced airbase to buy these instead of SSD and getting other attack units. What do you guys say? Are they worth it or should I just stick to SSD for defence and get something else to boost attack?

Thx,

iWar

Selfproclaimed
08-22-2012, 01:51 AM
I would say SSD for defense ( also aircraft carriers,if you have high iph and can afford ). For attack. I would stock up on bio warfare/ demolitions, and b52s . And of course stealth bombers ,if you can afford.

Hivesy
08-22-2012, 02:31 AM
I bought about 40 of them before I worked out that I could buy an SSD and a B52 for less cash and better stats. Also you have less chance of losing two units rather than one. I've lost a couple of Apaches now and it makes you want to cry at $1.7mil a pop.

overkill 280
08-22-2012, 10:29 AM
But what's a good unit for both attack and defense?

Miner
08-22-2012, 10:36 AM
I prefer to use separate units for attack and defense. You don't hand a pitcher a catcher's mit. I don't want to lose defense when I have a casualty on an attack and vice versa. It depends on your ability to generate income, but I've used Sea Scouts, Mine-Launchers and now building up Stealth Surv. Drones for defense. B52s and Stealth bombers are great for attack.

Oh, and all the units in my signature are nice to have too... ;) hehe

Arizona
08-22-2012, 10:38 AM
I like em.
SSD's are only giving you 30D. I like to have a balanced defence, so I try and include as many different high D units as I can. I know it only gives one more point, but so what. It's one more point, and that's what ultimately matters. I've got somewhere around 20-25 Apaches and intend to buy a lot more.

frodonr
08-22-2012, 01:24 PM
I prefer to use separate units for attack and defense. You don't hand a pitcher a catcher's mit. I don't want to lose defense when I have a casualty on an attack and vice versa. It depends on your ability to generate income, but I've used Sea Scouts, Mine-Launchers and now building up Stealth Surv. Drones for defense. B52s and Stealth bombers are great for attack.

Oh, and all the units in my signature are nice to have too... ;) hehe

Same as, they look cool but there cost puts me off. My main D-line is built up of 210 S.S.D with 25 Apaches. S.S.D give good cover at a cheaper price.

azy
08-22-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm with Hivesy. I only ended up with a few Apaches, then eventually started buying Stealth Bombers. So it was but a brief fling. A stepping stone if you'd like.

I bought about 40 of them before I worked out that I could buy an SSD and a B52 for less cash and better stats. Also you have less chance of losing two units rather than one. I've lost a couple of Apaches now and it makes you want to cry at $1.7mil a pop.