PDA

View Full Version : Would iPad mini the ideal device for MW?

jeffrey
08-21-2012, 11:45 PM
I think the mini is perfect for MW or other iOS games, iPad is too bulky to carry around and iPhone is just too small (I dont remember how many instant upgrade buttons I accidentally pressed with iPhone). I am excited to hear iPad mini is coming out in September, cannot wait to get one.

If price right, I would get like 3 mini to start 3 MW accounts, and I would apply the right strategies next time. It would be interesting to attack the same rival simultaneously. :D

Agent Orange
08-22-2012, 05:47 AM
Or for a hundred bucks a pop buy 7" Android tablets running ice cream sandwich instead of 1 vapourware mini iPad. As a added bonus the Android app is devoid of those stoopid events!

The 7" form factor is a nice size for gaming and video, plus unlike IOS the tablets I have also have micro SD slots for an additional 32GB of storage.

IOS was better apps and system. But if it's only to play this game and you already have an iPad Android makes more sense.

Lt. Falcon
08-22-2012, 06:25 AM
Are you able to transfer game between iOS and Droid? I have been wanting to get an Android tab for extra memory and music since iTunes will not play some of my music.

Agent Orange
08-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Are you able to transfer game between iOS and Droid? I have been wanting to get an Android tab for extra memory and music since iTunes will not play some of my music.

That's a good question, IOS and Android players are on the same server, aside from events, gold sales and ornament viewing they are the same so logically yes but my gut feeling is it might not work. Haven't tried though but at the end of next month I might have a go.

Buggs1a
08-22-2012, 09:05 AM
What are you talking about? There's no mini? Huh?

Lt. Falcon
08-22-2012, 09:08 AM
The mini is coming out this fall...it is going to coincide with the iphone 5 release.

Buggs1a
08-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Says who? I only see rumors. Nothing from apple cus if it were it'd be on their site.

Lt. Falcon
08-22-2012, 09:15 AM
The official announcement will be next month, but yes it is rumors now...the manufacturer has confirmed that mass production has already begun and pre orders will begin following the announcement.

Buggs1a
08-22-2012, 09:21 AM
The official announcement will be next month, but yes it is rumors now...the manufacturer has confirmed that mass production has already begun and pre orders will begin following the announcement.

Ok cool.
Do we know specs yet?

Lt. Falcon
08-22-2012, 09:32 AM
I haven't seen confirmed specs but reliable rumors are 7.87"*5.3" and 7.3mm thick, screen display is 1024*768.

Buggs1a
08-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Fail unless it is retina screen.

DashX
08-22-2012, 09:43 AM

Answer is NO, not possible. Same goes for Crime City.

Arizona
08-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Fail unless it is retina screen.
Not true.
They have bypassed the retina screen to produce a screen with almost the same visual resolution at a much cheaper cost. These are the rumours at least.

Buggs1a
08-22-2012, 09:52 AM
Retina screen or no buy. Text will look like crud at 10*7 on a 7". I have the playbook and it's text sucks. It's 7" 10*6.

jeffrey
08-22-2012, 07:56 PM
I haven't seen confirmed specs but reliable rumors are 7.87"*5.3" and 7.3mm thick, screen display is 1024*768.

Wait, I thought the mini is HD, are you sure?

jeffrey
08-22-2012, 08:00 PM
I don't care about the retina, what does it do for the game anyway.

Guys/Gals, if the game can not transfer between Android and iOS, then it is a no no, can someone confirm if it is the case

Any rumor on the price of the iPad mini? $300 would be the sweet (I can get like 5)and be competitive with Android table and Kindle.

Agent Orange
08-22-2012, 08:18 PM
I don't care about the retina, what does it do for the game anyway.

Guys/Gals, if the game can not transfer between Android and iOS, then it is a no no, can someone confirm if it is the case

Any rumor on the price of the iPad mini? $300 would be the sweet (I can get like 5)and be competitive with Android table and Kindle.

Not sure why that is a deal breaker when you can get 3 7" Android tablets for the cost of approx 1 as yet to be annouced iPad mini.

Buying 5 mini's just seems silly IMHO since that is the cost of a refurb 27" iMac or even a Quad core i7 MacBook Pro. Refurb out of the Apple store. Or even a new MacBook Air with a $100 ram upgrade to 8gb.

Supposedly the mini will not have a retina screen, probably to save $ but also because the smaller screen may not require it. Plus there is some difference in dot pitch or whatever the term was between the various sizes of screens. Personally not being 'retina' is hardly a deal breaker unless you are sucked in by the Jobian distortion field.

Bottom line though is that this game is not worth wasting $1500 on hardware.

jeffrey
08-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Not sure why that is a deal breaker when you can get 3 7" Android tablets for the cost of approx 1 as yet to be annouced iPad mini.

Buying 5 mini's just seems silly IMHO since that is the cost of a refurb 27" iMac or even a Quad core i7 MacBook Pro. Refurb out of the Apple store. Or even a new MacBook Air with a $100 ram upgrade to 8gb.

Supposedly the mini will not have a retina screen, probably to save $ but also because the smaller screen may not require it. Plus there is some difference in dot pitch or whatever the term was between the various sizes of screens. Personally not being 'retina' is hardly a deal breaker unless you are sucked in by the Jobian distortion field.

Bottom line though is that this game is not worth wasting $1500 on hardware.

Let's just say that I own a few shares of AAPL; and by the way, I have a few new i5 &i7 Macbook pro all 15" already (gave my niece an i5 Macbook recently for her school). Buying 5 mini at $300 is equivalent of a new Macbook for me(I just buy one less or don't buy Macbook next year), and I already spent more than $1500 on gold already on Funzio games. :o

Agent Orange
08-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Let's just say that I own a few shares of AAPL; and by the way, I have a few new i5 &i7 Macbook pro all 15" already (gave my niece an i5 Macbook recently for her school). Buying 5 mini at $300 is equivalent of a new Macbook for me(I just buy one less or don't buy Macbook next year), and I already spent more than $1500 on gold already on Funzio games. :o

Well it's your money, if you have it sure go for it. Figured you were some kid with wishful thinking.... I have Apple shares, bought them when they were at $14.

I've been collecting Apple computers since about 1989, have just about everything from the Lisa on up to the new iMac. It's kind of easy though when a lot of the hardware is being EOL'd as you can tell from my workshop in the middle photo.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8428/7853282872_548314758e_z.jpg

http://www.kevinomura.com/macs/workspaces/workshop2.jpg

http://www.kevinomura.com/macs/myworkspace.jpg

elangomatt
08-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Where is your Apple TV at for that Sony TV? and you should get a second Cinema display, I can't imagine working with just one monitor anymore. And yeah, all those stuffed animals are a bit worrying to me :P Lots of Teddy Ruxpin, Finding Nemo, Lion King (I think), and do I see a Furby there too?

As for the as yet unannounced iPad mini, I think it would be pretty good for MW playing. (didn't the Jobs say that there would NEVER be a mini iPad since there just wasn't any market for it?) I personally can't imaging playing this game on my 4" android screen, let alone the 3.5" iPhone screen. I play on my iPad 2 and Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Agent Orange
08-24-2012, 09:12 PM
The stuffies keep people away which is why they are there. Teddy Ruxpins look and sound interesting playing back Billy Idol though I might have to rip a Gangnam Style cassette... To bad teddy can't do the gallop.... Hmmmm

Twin cinemas as in the 2 x 30"ers on the desk in my office? ;)

The Apple TV as in the 030 cpu all in one? The Mac all in One is the better Mac as it has the Apple TV cards and is PPC or are you talking about the Apple TV puck that's hooked up to that Sony?

dthfrmabv
08-24-2012, 09:21 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8428/7853282872_548314758e_z.jpg

With all the new Apple gadget and system you have there the Sony TV seems lonely and ostracized... Wow what an Ironic photo... Sony used to be a top electronic company back in the 80's specially when apple hit a break wall (stock back then was trading at low $10 a share) now they're playing catch up with Apple way ahead of the game...

elangomatt
08-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Sorry, I hadn't noticed that it was a 30 incher on your desk already. My office monitors are only 22" so two of them is a necessity. I just figured you'd have have an apple TV around since you have about every other Apple product. I forgot that they are little hockey pucks now so it'd be easy to hide.

Agent Orange
08-24-2012, 09:36 PM
With all the new Apple gadget and system you have there the Sony TV seems lonely and ostracized... Wow what an Ironic photo... Sony used to be a top electronic company back in the 80's specially when apple hit a break wall (stock back then was trading at low $10 a share) now they're playing catch up with Apple way ahead of the game...

You missed the three Teddy Ruxpin's hiding in the top to the left of the Sony. ;) I actually pulled that out of the recycle bin when we replaced all our crts with flatscreens at work. We had a skidload of perfectly good Trinitron 20" monitors go to the skip, granted you needed two people to lift the darn things.

Oh and I have this all in one Intellevision controller game system which has all the vintage intellivision games loaded on it, found it at a second hand store for a buck a while ago hooked to the Sony as well as the ATV. Now if I could only figure out where my pong game disappeared to. Oh and I have an old xbox running linux hiding in the shadows as well.

Yeah Sony really tanked too bad they were real innovators back in the day.

Agent Orange
08-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Sorry, I hadn't noticed that it was a 30 incher on your desk already. My office monitors are only 22" so two of them is a necessity. I just figured you'd have have an apple TV around since you have about every other Apple product. I forgot that they are little hockey pucks now so it'd be easy to hide..

Yes multiple monitors are really handy especially for photo and video editing. Twin 30's is overkill. ;)

Hmmm I think I have officially hijacked this thread!

I wish I had picked up a second gen Apple TV, folks are working on an IOS jailbreak. Running MW on a 60" flatscreen would be interesting....

jeffrey
08-26-2012, 11:40 PM
AO, you have insane amount of Apple stuffs. I only start buying Apple when they are truly good in my opinion; like the recent Macbook Pro started with Duo Core in 2009?? and iPhone 3 and iPad 3.

Congrat on your early purchase on AAPL shares, I only got in when iPhone first came out around >$100 shares, still not too bad for 6 fold gain, and you have 30 times gain. :p

Anyway, if iPad mini is HD like the rumor suggests, I will get a few to play iOS games.

jeffrey
10-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Okay, it is definitely not HD or retina. I will skip this one and get the iPod touch instead.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ipad-mini-will-be-wi-fi-only-2012-10

Giedrybe
10-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Generally resolution of Retina is beyond level for human eye to catch it. So lower resolution does not automatically mean something bad in quality.

Mcdoc
10-13-2012, 01:04 AM
Wow - that's more Apple History than I ever hoped to acidently learn in my lifetime :)

jeffrey
10-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Generally resolution of Retina is beyond level for human eye to catch it. So lower resolution does not automatically mean something bad in quality.

I have iPad 2 and 3, 3 is so much better, my eyes can tell the difference. :)

jeffrey
10-15-2012, 11:37 PM
And this old SD stuff is going to cost $300, ouch, not worth it, I am definitely going for the iPod Touch instead.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ipad-mini-pricing-leak-2012-10

Hivesy
10-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Erm no, I want to plug my iPad in to my 50" plasma and see my stealth bombers up close.

Fifth Reich
10-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Erm no, I want to plug my iPad in to my 50" plasma and see my stealth bombers up close. Just search B-2 bomber on google images and you'll find a billion.

jeffrey
10-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Havoc and 5th Right, Federer and Homer are confused. :rolleyes:

jeffrey
10-23-2012, 07:43 PM
What is Apple smoking, $329 for no retina HD crap?? If it is intended to compete with Google's or Amazon, or Samsung, or any Android variant, the mini fails at the gate. No wonder its stock is falling quite a bit lately.

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-announces-ipad-mini-2012-10

jeffrey
10-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Here’s A New Report On Why Apple Decided To Overcharge For The iPad Mini

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/report-why-apple-decided-overcharge-ipad-mini-165230978.html

Its pricing definitely alienates a lot of potential customers, count me as one.

Warfiend
10-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Here’s A New Report On Why Apple Decided To Overcharge For The iPad Mini

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/report-why-apple-decided-overcharge-ipad-mini-165230978.html

Its pricing definitely alienates a lot of potential customers, count me as one.

I agree it's way over priced. It's not big enough to be as useful as a full sized ipad, and it's too big to be as useful as a touch or iphone. Combine that with a poor ppi(by today's standards) screen and that price is a complete deal killer for me. Way too much for what would essentially be little more than a gaming device with a picture quality inferior to a retina touch or ipad.

jeffrey
10-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Good looking costume you got there, Warfiend.

jeffrey
10-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Okay, people, humor aside.

I just picked up the iPod touch to play MW yesterday. I guess the game is still not scale to fit the new iPod touch 16X9 aspect ratio, there is a black bar on each side of the screen. I wonder when old man CCmark and his crew are going to fix that.

jeffrey
11-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Just a few days after Sandy, New Yorkers are lining up in AAPL's store for the mini. Don't they have clean up to do?

Who wants a standard definition old crap??

http://news.yahoo.com/apple-rolls-ipad-mini-sydney-shorter-lines-003507221--sector.html

As an AAPL shareholder, I am deeply concerned with Apple's future after mighty Steve Job, here you have a underwhelming first new product after his passing.

MicleArons
12-06-2012, 11:04 PM
With me not having an iPad to test on, I was hoping someone here could tell me the correct/preferred export settings to use for "PDF for iPad", ...http://www.witrigs.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/19848593f96e1f6f6a8b1fda71c20fe6/I/P/IPA00250-04.jpg

Forty9
12-07-2012, 01:45 AM
My LLP is ran on my iPhone. The best way to run MW is on a Windows PC running an IOS emulator. IOS sucks when under the scrutiny of a PC. My next phone will be an android, so emulators are a must have if your MW account is locked to an IOS device. Emulators rock -PERIOD-. I'd strongly recommend installing any IOS emulator in a virtual environment like VMware.

andy_xyz2004
12-07-2012, 01:49 AM
My LLP is ran on my iPhone. The best way to run MW is on a PC based IOS emulator. IOS sucks when under the scrutiny of a PC. My next phone will be an android, so emulators are a must have if your MW account is locked to an IOS device. Emulators rock -PERIOD-. I'd strongly recommend installing any IOS emulator in a virtual environment like VMware.

What is the best emulator for IOS? can it also transferring game ?

Forty9
12-07-2012, 01:57 AM
Iemu is supposed to be good. I built my own customised emulator for IOS. Most IOS emulators will run IOS based apps. I believe you can transfer MW to another device in the MW app. Set up an IOS platform in VM ware and transfer MW to your new virtual device.

Unlimited accounts
Unlimited flexibility