PDA

View Full Version : Gold is not Inflation-Proof - Crates Devalued

Burn
08-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Man I'm p!ssed, earlier today I bought 2 x 3 crates, and all 6 of the items was a Common.

Worse still, every item was weaker than items I got for free in the Epic Boss event.

And therein lies the problem... Gold spent on crates that lead to Common items, is now Gold wasted.

The Epic Boss event has been worth about 22 Gold level items to me - plus of course my daily free Scratcher which often yields an item of Common Gold value - if these Epic Boss events are going to be run on a regular basis, ultimately every single Common crate item I have purchased will have been replaced by a comparable FREE item.

Those that don't spend Gold are probably skipping happily around their house thinking they are gaining something great - you aren't gaining anything at all, you are gaining over a time-averaged period exactly the same items as every other daily player in the game. Zero advantage for anyone.

So the FREE no-money no-Gold no-problem players lose nothing - perhaps by way of thanks for the nothing they have put into the game (yes, that's sarcasm).

Meantime, the Gold players, the players that have funded the game, paid Funzio/Gree salaries, and ultimately helped to position Funzio for a highly profitable sale to Gree, are currently having inflation imposed on their past Gold spend, at a ridiculous rate. Even more bluntly, the Gold players are being stiffed.

So every Common item you used Gold to purchase will ultimately become worthless. And if this rate of forced inflation continues, as it probably will, then frankly, I don't see much point in Crates at all. Commons are common after all.

Maybe it's now better to buy items that are more 'inflation proof', by which I mean fixed price Rare-equivalent items on Special offer. They might cost more, but at least you know what you are getting - most importantly a Special item with stats of 150/150 is not going to be wiped out by a free item any time in the near future.

That's my take on it, what have you got to say on the matter?

P.S. Thx to Lars for putting me on to this inflation thing.

Dipstik
08-21-2012, 04:32 PM
I explained this after the m4 nerf... Power creep is always a problem.

Paulio
08-21-2012, 04:47 PM
I feel similarly about the inflation problem. But, it's a catch-22. We all ask for better "free" items, and to Gree's credit (I can't believe I just said that) we have been given farmable explosives and the Epic Boss event, where everyone has a chance to get uncommon and rare crate-equivalent items for free. In turn, these benefits create the inflated "common" crate items. So, if not for the newer free items, the crate commons would still be decent.

If you look at the crate items, it doesn't appear that the stats are falling - they've stayed pretty consistent. I do think that Gree should reward gold spenders by increasing the stats of crate items, especially the commons. This would be the best way to ensure continued crate purchases.

Steve0
08-21-2012, 04:48 PM
This is why I dont spend any money on this game. As a free player I can hold my own on 75% on gold buyers at my level. I use my head not my wallet. I got 2 rares on the EB event for meaningless ingame cash no reason to use gold on some thing I can get for free.

Paulio
08-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Hey, I guess they listened. That was fast :D

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u473/paulio60/f02afcae7a2ccdb3972a43acc2d5c794.jpg

Luciferianism
08-21-2012, 05:41 PM
I was about to say commons have always sucked. The new ones are actually good though, they finally beat RP items and one of them is an explosive! I'd be pissed if I bought 6 of the old crates earlier today. Holy crap and a common Armor with 50 attack! Wtf
Best crates in history right now. You better go hang yourself if you bought 6 of the old ones just today. I'd be in tears.

7rs60
08-21-2012, 05:45 PM
I think the crates aren't too bad for the gold cost.

Dravak
08-22-2012, 12:21 AM
Power creep will happen Burn get used to it , all our older events items sucks now , aside from the bonus.

Be happy you are not like me spending money with knowledge it will happen !
Simply put it will always happen , anyway they can do 2 things !

1 say it was a mistake , and lower the crates again to standard value .
Winners get to keep the items .

2 powercreep is as good now as tommorow or next week when it happens .

you saw the old gold value items ? those long time players had with words limited ?
They are as worthless cause new farming grounds will replace those !
Seriously if your mind didn't ring a bell back then , it will not ring a bell tommorow !

You honestly think the new farming items , came as a gift :p
Sorry end deal , accept that you are angry with yourself .
See the game as fun , and you are having fun , atleast now we can go gambling past 150k .
Instead of boring stats to gold calculations . that is just plain dumb !

montecore
08-22-2012, 02:16 AM
These are the best crates I've seen. Burned through my gold, managed to get all three rare items, two uncommon melees, and 6 common explosives.

Once I saw the Browning I realized it was pointless to spend gold on the Android event. The top 100 item is barely better, and I've been opening a lot of 10,000 dollar "prizes" along the way.

Burn
08-22-2012, 02:42 AM
Yep, the new crates have basically made this thread redundant. Nothing to see here. Move along now.

_dan_
08-22-2012, 03:09 AM
This thread tell us: Do Not Share any good glitches on Forum, because CC dev will read and fix them.

Max Power
08-22-2012, 04:37 AM
If I were Gree, instead of upping the items in crates, I probably would have made the rare items harder to get in Boss events.

balax
08-22-2012, 04:49 AM
event items are getting better and better
same thing with crates
we had recently new loot items

i think we are going to have new content very soon.
maybe new areas with better loot items
and beter respect and game-money equipment