PDA

View Full Version : The 1-Day Glitch War

Burn
08-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Wow, what a weekend, the rivals list went nutso, (CK) mob in the lower levels got a chance to hit rivals all the way up to Level 200 - a little unfair, because higher levels couldn't always see so far downwards, so High Level players had to rely on the links provided by CK attacks. But it was fun while it lasted. And for some it was a taster of things to come.
First things first, before I give you my perspective on the 1-Day Glitch War, I should make the following clear...

1. If you have no interest in the High Level (CK) battle, leave this thread now - please, don't read it just to whine about it.

2. Some of the threads that have appeared since the weekend have been a little prickly to say the least, so I'm going to try and be as impartial as I can be - but of course I'm not a (CK) fan, and certainly no fan of the vainglorious Barronness, so some personal bias is unavoidable – apologies in advance for that, I'm only human.

3. Before any (CK) start waffling on about "Burn is fishing for an Indian invite", let me make it clear once and for all... As confirmed by JoeyCool on another thread, I already have an open invite to join the Indians, and have had for some months. I chat to Indians. I like the Indians. So please, don't be derailling this thread with claims of "Indian Wannabe" because me putting a tepee in my hood is an option I can take up any time I like, and if I thought my stats would do the Indians justice I probably already would have.

4. Equally, if you are an Indian-hater, please feel free to attack me all you want. No skin off my nose, at all. And if I serve as a release from the monotony of your life as an Indian whipping boy, then come at me.

5. Santa, don't even think about using this thread to kiss up to your new Masters, you cheating little toad.

OK so here is my experience of the 1-Day Glitch War - and for your delectation I've even included an ‘in-game’ profile of the people I was battling with.

So it's the Weekend, I turn on my iPhone, and I am faced with a rival list that is showing peoples mob sizes up into the 1000's (one guy, wtf, had over 12000 in his mob - is there anyone actually left in his bracket for this dumbass to fight with!!).

I then take a look at my News, and I've been hit by a couple of CK members well outside of my bracket. Again "WTF" I think.

A closer look at the Rivals List, and I can see people down as low as level 120 (I was 179 at the time).

It slowly dawns on me what has happened, and, as the excitement rises, I get on with some fighting and robbing :)

Opponent 1: (CK)DrBonecrusher

War of words started with Bonehead on here a week or so back, so no great surprise that he came looking for me. His was the first name I saw on my News (the "WTF" moment referred to earlier). Frankly it was a bit of a pointless battle. Stats are very similar - both being circa 70K Att/Def. He hit me, I hit him back. No-one won as such, because we were blowing up each others explosives and both ended up out of pocket - although I did rob his Nightclub to replace some of my explosive losses.

Fighting: tit for tat, no winner, in fact both lost explosives, so largely a pointless battle

Robbery: Burn wins

Verbal exchanges: a bit of abuse, a bit of humour - nothing distasteful, in fact I probably ended up feeling he was less of a d!ck than I did this time last week ;)

Summary: A fighter. Not scared to take a few hits to get a few hits. Some respect restored.

Opponent 2: (CK)Poppins

Poppins is as mad as a box of drunken frogs. No-one is safe. She even hits (CK) players - DiOgee has actually dumped his (CK) badge because Poppins was repeatedly hitting him. Poppins response under questioning from (CK) leaders "I don't take orders, Poppy fights who Poppy wants to fight". She is no (CK), and if the leaders had any integrity they would drop her from their ‘friends club’ - I don't think they will though, *because Poppins is a big hitter stats-wise, and that feeds their (CK) vanity. Basically (CK) need Poppins far more than she needs them, and seemingly DiOgee was the fall guy.

Fighting: no chance for me, Poppins rinsed me out, 10-0 at will, any time she wanted, I believe at one-point she had me on 2-hour timer.

Robbery: Her stats are just too high for me. I couldn't rob her even if she left everything in her hood lit up for a month. But no robberies against me either.

Verbal exchanges: some smack-talk from me, some 10-0 with pictures of fists from her. Poppins is not a talker.

Summary: mad, no more (CK) than I am, but wears the badge presumably more because of her dislike for Indians than any love for (CK) - it's a rather tawdry marriage of convenience, and all a bit sad to see real (CK) like DiOgee being cast aside in order to retain Poppins and her stats.

Opponent 3: (CK)DevilDogDiOgee

Initially I thought he was a dork. By the end of it I had a grudging respect for him - if only because he is up there isolated (DiOgee is high level even before the glitch), and is getting beaten down daily by Indians.

Fighting: again similar stats, so it was more tit for tat backwards and forwards fighting. I won more than I lost, but again the cost to both in explosives was heavy.

Robbery: his hood is a sh!t-hole with only about 3 or 4 buildings, 24hr, all low level, chances of finding them open are remote, and the paltry pay-off means it was not worth the effort. He caught me a couple of times, so with regret I have to say he won on Robberies.

Verbal exchanges: he blocked me. A wussy move that I hate. Part of the game is the verbal sparring.

Summary: A fighter. Not scared to take his hits, but can't cope with the verbal jousting. Sad that he also had to contend with (CK)Poppins attacking him and then getting no support from his leaders.

From wall posts I have seen, DiOgee is now advising people that they are better off on their own than as part of (CK) - seems he has had his 'moment of clarity' and now realises he was just an expendable pawn.

Opponent 4: (CK)Barronness

She must have wet her knickers when she saw me on the list. In reality I was not particularly impressed with her 90K stats, or her inventory (she doesn't appear to be farming anything of use for example). Everything she has is paid for rather than worked for. If she was prepared to level up she could fix that in Cartel Compound.

Fighting: I lost 10-0, she has me beat by over 20K Att/Def, so no surprises there.

Robbery: I could have robbed her though, but her hood was again full of low-level junk meaning a less-than-stellar economy with not much worth robbing. That said, I stalked her hood, in and out, for as long as she was on my News feed, because I knew if I did catch her and rob her, her face would have been as sour as month-old milk. Alas she was gone from my list before I got the chance.

Verbal exchanges: pointless really - I haven't seen her, but I'm sure she probably has 3 mouths for every 1 ear. Too busy talking about herself to hear anything. I did draw her into admitting that she would never spend gold to level faster, when I suggested she could buy energy refills to support item farming and gain 7 or 8 levels per day.

Summary: Vainglorious braggard. Not a leader or even a team-player in any way shape or form. I would say 'Coward' because she won't level, but it isn't cowardice, it is Vanity. Accordingly, I don’t think she will be able to cope with taking the beatings at the high-levels, so I expect to see her quit before she gets there, or just drop excuse after excuse about why she isn't levelling up faster. Would love to be proved wrong, but I won't be.

The above-mentioned were the only new*faces I saw in terms of actual fighting or robbing.

I did have some wall exchanges with others...

(CK)Paulio - a good guy, I like him, he appears to have integrity and is decent - would certainly make a far better leader than Baronness.

(CK)ColdCommanderSean - again from wall exchanges he actually seems decent. Responses to my smack talk were witty and not at all whiny or defensive. However, my respect for him was diluted when I saw him leaving messages on other (CK) walls telling them to block people - I'll repeat again, that is a wussy move, "Take the Abuse, Give the Abuse, and No Blocking", those should be the 'Rules of Engagement', it’s Crime City not Krime Kindergarten.

(CK)Vader - didn't get dragged into my smack talk. Either too mature, or just too cool about the whole thing to be bothered by me and my baby stats. Again seems decent.

Others in CK that I am fighting with regularly prior to and since Rival List issue...

(CK)Lize aka Fat Legs... weird one this, I was hitting her for about 3 or 4 days straight with no response and no revenge. Then I made an off-the-cuff remark about her having 'fat legs', and she went nutso lol. So now we are warring back and forth regularly. Stats are similar, so again another exercise in futility. But she now gives as good as she gets, and again has my respect because she is up in the high levels largely isolated, getting beatings from Indians daily.

(CK)Sheep - not an individual, this is the collective name I've given to the (CK) players that are basically shepherdless lambs to the slaughter. Low stats, in the high levels, getting beaten around like a ginger-stepchild, every other hour of every day.

Frankly I don't know why the Sheep don't just drop the (CK) badge and get on with their game - as said above Barronness has made it perfectly clear that she has no intention of levelling up to help them, so they are not owe her any loyalty at all. (CK)Gypsy, (CK)Unknown, (CK)Rocky and any others I forgot, thanks for the $ and the R, but for pity sake, take off the silly badge and go back to your own games - at least one of your leaders is using you, and has no intentions of supporting you.

Summary: I repeat again, this is NOT a team game. There is no co-operative functionality. So being in a gang, particularly one where the leaders are more intent on preening and posturing as low-level bullies, is completely and totally pointless. I hear people cite 'friendship' as the reason for their (CK) badge - a bit of advice, you can be friends with the people you like without having to walk around with a huge (CK) target drawn right across your back.

Because there are no 'team' features, in the overall win vs loss stakes, I am comfortably beating (CK) single handed. For every hit I take from them, I am dishing out far more to their sheep. It's not even close. Put it this way, in terms of Fights Won, Respect Points Gained in ‘Burn vs CK’ combat, and Money Robbed, I am confident that I am beating (CK) by a ratio of at least 5 to 1. And nothing they can do will stop that, because the game mechanics limit how many times they can hit me. I have no such limits, because they have enough sheep running around Crime City that I can beat up and rob at will.

Note to Barroness... Beat the Indians? STFU, (CK) can't even beat me!

Note 2 to Baronness... don't need to hear your yapping, just answer the question... Are you gonna make a sprint to assist your players in the high levels or not? No, I didn't so. #kthxbye

Final ‘Burn vs (CK)’ Result: Burn Wins. :)

Sam @
08-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Entertaining read Burns ! 😄👍

Babytway
08-21-2012, 04:43 PM
this was a good read.

Burn
08-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Thx, update already in actually, (CK)Gypsy has now left CK, has changed name, and is now again playing as an independent. Good luck to her.

Carmine74
08-21-2012, 04:53 PM
Interesting and informative, thanks.

Paulio
08-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Here's my take on the 1-day glitch war:

I attacked maybe a dozen Indians. Won some, lost some. Spoke to all that I attacked/robbed. They were all very good sports (except one, guy named Boda) and they were cool to talk to. Truth is, I really enjoyed battling against them and look forward to more of it.

TonySpaghetti
08-21-2012, 05:49 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5XcKBmdfpWs

Dr BoneCrusher
08-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Interesting read Burn, it was a good battle we had, I was not expecting 70/70 stats from you because when you retired form the game the first time you had 40/40 stats, (I hope my 401k rises as fast as your stats did during my retirement) so when I seen them, I said great this is going to be fun, not just me beating on him. The other thing is unless you are in the top 3 or 4 everyone takes loses so I hope everyone's ego can handle it.

From now on I will try and keep the banter fun and lose the vitriol and I hope others do too.

Hey, can a guy get some sleep, try and rob those NC's during the day, LOL

Dudebot121256
08-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Fun to read and welcome back.

Sasha54
08-21-2012, 06:04 PM
You are amazing ...
Many questions I have .....however on your point 5 - when you talk about Santa - is that a certain CK young member from Florida.......

emcee
08-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Good read Burn.

Gaming Will
08-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Burn, nice read and well-written.

jobadass
08-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Burn,

Welcome back.

Good to see you being clear-headed and fair again.

I guess next week you take on the Indians?

fuzzy
08-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Great read.

This is the news I like to hear about.

Sounds like you were a honest and admitted to getting hit, lost some / win some....

It would be nice if a CK member could write something along these lines from there point of view. Any takers ???

TruthHurts
08-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Well said.

mxz
08-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Interesting and entertaining read. Good to see everyone being good sports about it, too! Would be fun to sit down when we're old folk over a bottle of whiskey and reminisce about the days of the rivals list level glitch...

Khayman
08-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Cool thread bro. I can agree or desagree because nobody, even you and me, are 100% impartial in who is nice/antiphaty.

But this forum is not accustomed ("¿acostumbrado?" JOAQUIM, HELP ME!) to this level of sportsmanship in the battle threads. Exemplary work, thank you good sir.

noodles
08-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Burn great 411 👍

Canoehead
08-21-2012, 08:45 PM
We all needed the glitch. I enjoyed it immensely, especially stalking some 200 level hoods of players who have hit me from on high, where they could see me, but I couldn't see them. We also needed your perspective, because the forum needs more honesty and reality. This was a good step. Disclaimer - not CK or Indian

TRAZ
08-21-2012, 09:24 PM
I've managed to ignore most of the threads about the goings on between gangs as they've just been plain distasteful.

This read however was very enthralling and held my attention throughout. Good old belly chuckle.

Good on ya Burn. Well done. Sounds like you all had a good time at least.

G Wiz
08-21-2012, 10:14 PM
This was refreshing

Joeycool
08-22-2012, 07:13 AM
Great stuff Burn!

2 CK members have already removed the CK from their name. Seems they didn't know what they were getting themselves into. PVP is extreme in the High levels (especially when you have Indians on your case) and its not for everyone.

I feel that perhaps some of the mid level CK guys don't know what they are getting into.

Indians have decided to remove Gypsy from the hit list after she removed CK. I suspect that this is something we could discuss for anyone else who wants to get out now before they become targets.

I noticed that a couple of CK visited me during the glitch. It was hard to reply to anyone who left me a message because my wall has been glitchy! If I didnt reply to you please dont take offence! The reason is my wall glitch.

I hope those who did visit / rob / etc got a taste for the action and enjoyed the prospect of the rivalries that are on the horizon and are looking forward to it as much as I am!

So come on ladies and gentlemen of CK! Level up! :cool:

Specific props to bonecrusher... who left me a very civilised wall post! I expected to receive a great deal of smak talk form you after forum posts! I was pleasantly surprised by that!

sister morphine
08-22-2012, 07:51 AM
Very entertaining Burn as has been said.

I'm just disappointed the levels glitch passed me by. Could have been interesting.

Swearengen
08-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Nice to have you back Burn. That account made the gang rivalries sound interesting and fun, unlike the impression left by many of the other posts on the subject.

<3 Hz
08-22-2012, 09:07 AM
That was one messed up glitch, a level 4 player tried to rob my hood!

Eventually it would be nice if CK & Indians just signed a peace treaty & went after the real douchebags in the game together. The gangs are all pretty cool for the most part, it's a few individual players that aren't involved in gangs that ruin it all.

Paulio
08-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Welcome back JC

(CCC)- The Pope
08-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Too much hostility in gangs

CrimeCityChristians is open to all

Peace be upon you

Paulio
08-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Too much hostility in gangs

CrimeCityChristians is open to all

Peace be upon you

HAHAHA, that's just great.

So good, in fact, if you used more ellipses I would've thought you were someone else

G Wiz
08-22-2012, 11:52 AM
In the last days false prophets will appear. Be not deceived!

(CCC)- The Pope
08-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Matthew 7:15

Watch out for False prophets that come to you in sheep's clothing, but within are ferocious wolves

I am a lamb not a wolf, here to take away the sin of CC

Strife
08-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Burn if i remember I attacked you and robbed you. Not much happen but you did leave out that i did rob you.

noodles
08-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Ok u get a pat on the back...happy!

Strife
08-22-2012, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=noodles;384965]Ok u get a pat on the back...happy![/QUOTE

Not the point little guy...Great job noodles you know to reply with a smart comment..welcome to the first grade..

jahfive
08-23-2012, 03:16 AM
burns the man