PDA

View Full Version : Share a tip

Bronson
08-21-2012, 02:27 PM
I started this thread on Modern War and thought it would also be good for my KA cousins.

All you need to do is share your favourite tip with the forum. It could be old, new or common knowledge but if it's your favourite then post it.

To start off my tip for you guys is that I find raiding most profitable between 9am-12pm GMT.

I would like to thank all the North Americans for not collecting before going to bed for this tip.

Sgt bilko
08-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Always, when doing raids hit a money building 3 times. The 3rd hit is double the first 2 hits. This works in ALL funzio/gree games. So many times I see buildings with that last hit left!

Funkey monkey
08-21-2012, 04:45 PM
To start off my tip for you guys is that I find raiding most profitable between 9am-12pm GMT. I would like to thank all the North Americans for not collecting before going to bed for this tip.

That's funny. When I'm putting my kids to sleep 8 PM CST, I have the most luck raiding buildings. I always attributed it to the Europeans going to bed without collecting.

My tip: don't be afraid to purchase weapons and armor. I can't tell you how many players I see that don't have good weapons and armor for each unit. Even if you want to do a lot of PVE, it's hard to get enough for every unit.

PorkChopExpress
08-21-2012, 05:06 PM
My favorite tip I like to give?

"Just the tip... just for a second... just to see how it feels"

joaquim
08-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Don't cheat.
Don't do drugs.
Don't drop the soap.
Don't drink and drive.
Don't text while driving.
Never rat out your friends and always keep your mouth shut.
Keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
08-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Build every money building as soon as you can, and don't level up until you do. Same with defense buildings: early in the game they can make a big difference. Later on, not so much, but good to have at the start. Even if you are a PvP obsessed player, start off early working on your defense. Having better D early on you get to keep the gold you plundered. ALWAYS have your vault leveling up priority over anything else. It takes over 7 - 8 weeks to get to max. Besides, you can save more gold.
....and don't throw gum on the street no matter where you are. I don't want it in my car or my house carpets. :P

Timbathia
08-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Be good to your mum.

Great_wall2
08-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Always check your rivals list and invade them to get a good idea as to what your defensive and attack stats need to be for your level and ally count.

DIrishB
08-21-2012, 09:48 PM
If you're ever attacked in PvP by a much weaker rival (someone with less than 1/3 your A/D), use this to your advantage. Check your News list and use that to continually attack them back for Tournament or Championship Rounds. Usually if they're less than 1/3 your strength, you won't lose any units in the process which can go a long way in saving gold and spending it on new units instead of replenishing those lost during PvP.

I went from TR 42 to TR 109 using this approach, without losing a single unit.

ezinap
08-22-2012, 01:59 AM
Focus on one type of unit building and upgrade it. Dont upgrade the others, they will be soon outdated.
(I actually sold my level 1 Colloseum to have some room in my kingdom.)

Chups
08-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Check the news list for rivals that you passed in levels and stats. Attack, Attack and Attack!!

tcapi
08-22-2012, 07:58 PM
The only advantage of having 500 allies is the marginal increase in harm caused during Epic Boss events, else you are asking for trouble from those players going around trying to complete CR.

Hobtuse
08-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Find the wounded gazelle and pounce.

Talkazar
08-23-2012, 05:22 AM
Always upgrade your vault when you can, and always be upgrading your buildings when you can - you will eventually run out of buildings to construct, but not to upgrade.

You may go for machines early, but the late game is all beasts.

TemplarX
08-23-2012, 07:15 AM
In early game, stay well low in allies, but equip them with the best weapons and units. That way you pack a heavy punch amongst your rivals. Add Allies for epic boss, delete them after the event.

The_Red
08-23-2012, 07:44 AM
Find the weakest 5-6 players for your level and constantly attack them
while completing your TRs. Honor point farming while limiting unit losses.

Make allies with as many "whales" as you possibly can.

Dont whine on other people's walls after you've been raided/attacked.
There's no crying in baseball.

Dont play max allies until you get really late in the game, and at that you
want to be at 499.

Never pull an outstretched finger.

albeezy
08-23-2012, 07:56 AM
stay as low in level as you can if you are a free player and use the boss events to get free indestructible units. Avoid the box auction events at all costs as you will level for 1-2, 3 if your lucky, indestructibles. In the boss events max out your allies and purchase as many of the best attack units as you can to let you beat more bosses. I have received 47 free indestructable units since the boss events started collecting 7 rares and 10 uncommons. The commons don't help much, but the rares and uncommons will add up over time.

echus14
08-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Find the weakest 5-6 players for your level and constantly attack them
while completing your TRs. Honor point farming while limiting unit losses.

Make allies with as many "whales" as you possibly can.

Dont whine on other people's walls after you've been raided/attacked.
There's no crying in baseball.

Dont play max allies until you get really late in the game, and at that you
want to be at 499.

Never pull an outstretched finger.

Why 499 allies?

Hobtuse
08-23-2012, 08:11 AM
stay as low in level as you can if you are a free player and use the boss events to get free indestructible units. Avoid the box auction events at all costs as you will level for 1-2, 3 if your lucky, indestructibles. In the boss events max out your allies and purchase as many of the best attack units as you can to let you beat more bosses. I have received 47 free indestructable units since the boss events started collecting 7 rares and 10 uncommons. The commons don't help much, but the rares and uncommons will add up over time.

I think this just shows how screwed the boss events upon placing a tax on leveling.

echus14
08-23-2012, 08:13 AM
Always upgrade your vault when you can, and always be upgrading your buildings when you can - you will eventually run out of buildings to construct, but not to upgrade.

You may go for machines early, but the late game is all beasts.

I actually wish GREE would even this out so that people could go down the route of machines, magic, beast or infantry and still be equally strong. Seems more interesting than almost everyone crowding down the same path. Or at least be largely the same with some unique advantages depending on which route you choose.

The_Red
08-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Why 499 allies?

level 500 is the requirement for the CR hits.

erik41141
08-23-2012, 04:55 PM
whats the cr hits?

SoccerStud
08-23-2012, 04:56 PM
whats the cr hits?
Championship round

joaquim
08-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Another tip: Don't drop to 499 allies. By doing this, you're intention is to avoid getting your ass handed to you 10-0 for CR goal and this is considered cowardised. If I played this game and I saw anyone with 499 allies I would pound your ass 10-0 and be even more harsh on you for your cowardice. Man up and go up to 500 allies.

Nick-Clark1
08-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Another tip: Don't drop to 499 allies. By doing this, you're intention is to avoid getting your ass handed to you 10-0 for CR goal and this is considered cowardised. If I played this game and I saw anyone with 499 allies I would pound your ass 10-0 and be even more harsh on you for your cowardice. Man up and go up to 500 allies.

Ha ha, "Rat Catchers".
But yes I agree with this statement

joaquim
08-23-2012, 05:08 PM
I make tons of cash off of 499ers. Mafia up to 500 to avoid my iron fist!

The_Red
08-23-2012, 05:17 PM
I make tons of cash off of 499ers. Mafia up to 500 to avoid my iron fist!

uhm... ok. I'll make sure to hit 500 so you dont pound my ass with an iron fist. ah hem.

joaquim
08-23-2012, 05:18 PM
uhm... ok. I'll make sure to hit 500 so you dont pound my ass with an iron fist. ah hem.

lol don't worry I don't play KA, not at level 100 to have 500 mafia in MW, but if you play CC and I see you at 499 mafia, here comes the iron fist!

The_Red
08-23-2012, 05:20 PM
lol don't worry I don't play KA, not at level 100 to have 500 mafia in MW, but if you play CC and I see you at 499 mafia, here comes the iron fist!

.... fist (v).

tcapi
08-23-2012, 05:57 PM
If you see rivals with 100 level and above, or with 499 allies, don't bother probing on the unvaulted gold, if they are already there, they should have max vault or already learnt to vault whatever they have.

The_Red
08-23-2012, 06:06 PM
If you see rivals with 100 level and above, or with 499 allies, don't bother probing on the unvaulted gold, if they are already there, they should have max vault or already learnt to vault whatever they have.

sage advice - I actually find PvP to be easier at the highest levels because you know everyone has 330 vault... you only attack people north of that. Prior, it was a guessing game as to who had what vault.

John Snow
08-23-2012, 06:16 PM
I actually wish GREE would even this out so that people could go down the route of machines, magic, beast or infantry and still be equally strong. Seems more interesting than almost everyone crowding down the same path. Or at least be largely the same with some unique advantages depending on which route you choose.

I agree. I think they need to add some "strong against" units like in MW to even things out. How about a 1/1 dragonkiller archer, sort of like the spy unit in Stratego, super weak except against the strongest unit.

echus14
08-23-2012, 07:12 PM
@John Snow
Sounds so like the Hobbit ... the archer with the black fletched arrow who killed the dragon :)

Timbathia
08-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Tip - remember to bring your ipad to work. Sitting in an office for 9 neverending hours while there are buildings to be collected, monsters to be killed and kingdoms to be ransacked is freaking torture. No I dont have a problem and f@%$ you for asking.

tcapi
08-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Tip - remember to bring your ipad to work. Sitting in an office for 9 neverending hours while there are buildings to be collected, monsters to be killed and kingdoms to be ransacked is freaking torture. No I dont have a problem and f@%$ you for asking.

Couldn't agree more, there are more important things to do than paper pushing. But try this number for KA anonymous 1-800-227 478 302. LMAO

BadNews
08-24-2012, 12:17 AM
Tip: click reply button on your wall can post your message both on your wall and the message sender's wall.

festivus
08-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Upgrade your bottom level equipment.

Keeping track of equipment is near impossible, so do you know what equipment your army is using at the bottom levels? Check your A&D stats. Then either loot an item or buy one. Check the change in your stats with the A&D of the item. How much did it change?

If you looted a 14 attack item and your attack went up 9, then your lowest weapon in use was a 5 attack.

Vile Lynn
08-24-2012, 11:03 AM
level 500 is the requirement for the CR hits.

Just to be clear... It is 500 allies, not level.

500 is the max allies for level 100 & beyond. CRs are the TL CC equilivalent.

I hope KA isn't going to have the same 499 problem as CC... very annoying.

Vile Lynn
08-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Best tip: always be upgrading something, always, while you're having fun playing! :)

Musketblade
08-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Make sure your wife knows its KA your looking at 3am not texting your girlfriend.

albeezy
08-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Hear's another tip, spell check your posts. Cowardice is not spelled cowardised.

festivus
08-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Make sure your wife knows its KA your looking at 3am not texting your girlfriend.

Ha, spoken like a true addict.

GetItOn
08-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Don't put a pit trap or a bldg behind a Manor so it looks like it can be raided. You'll still get attacked for trying to be sneaky. Yes, i fell for that a few times in the very beginning. ;)

Nick-Clark1
08-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Don't put a pit trap or a bldg behind a Manor so it looks like it can be raided. You'll still get attacked for trying to be sneaky. Yes, i fell for that a few times in the very beginning. ;)

Ha ha I like this one. +1 for giving would be raiders false hope when they see those two swords floating over your Manor, only to receive sweet eff all

Valid or
08-25-2012, 08:28 AM
My tip.

Grind all map zones to level 5 for two things, one gear for your troops, two when one gets level 4 mastery, you get a skill point as a reward.
To me the extra skill point is worth the grind itself the gear from drops is just a bonus but it does help cut down on buying gear for ones army.

Clay01
08-27-2012, 09:52 AM
My tip.

Grind all map zones to level 5 for two things, one gear for your troops, two when one gets level 4 mastery, you get a skill point as a reward.
To me the extra skill point is worth the grind itself the gear from drops is just a bonus but it does help cut down on buying gear for ones army.

I agree with this tip.

personally, I just cant camp, it's too boring for me. I cant play for weeks just collecting gold and upgrading buildings...

so, for those that cant stand to camp, like me, I suggest mastering all of the lower level maps while occasionally heading back to the latest maps for quests or bosses (when you need it for expensive upgrades) or for better hero item, but otherwise playing in the low maps kills time doing PvE, but doesnt level you up super fast, thus you can take your time to build up

plus you get items as you go, and improve your A/D, and as you go up in maps, the drops get better.

plus you get the skill pt for lvl 5 for each map

plus you get the indestructible unit after lvl 5 on each map (although many wont be in your armies at higher levels)

depending on what level you are, you should be able to 1-hit half of the monsters in the lower maps

it kills time, doesnt generate a ton of exp while you build up your IPH or upgrades or A/D, and generates items and the occasional skill pt and free unit

Njwmrb
08-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Hear's another tip, spell check your posts. Cowardice is not spelled cowardised.

Here's*.....:)

albeezy
08-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Here's*.....:)
That was a strategic typo! LOL

albeezy
08-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Don't buy weapons with gems. You can get the same or almost the same for gold. Here are some examples:

Crusader's Blade (14/8) 180 gems vs. Find Scimitar (14/8) 9,900 gold = over $15 real cash or 1 hour of collecting with an IPH of 10K
Axe of Sundering (19/11), Bone of the Necromancer (19/11) each 270 gems vs. Astral Bow (19/11) 16,000 gold = over $20 real cash or 1.6 hours of collecting with an IPH of 10K

DON'T SPEND GEMS ON WEAPONS AND ARMOR! Hope none of you have done this yet! LOL

tcapi
08-30-2012, 07:26 PM
One more reason to stay at 499 allies instead of 500 - better visibility at lower level players. With 499, I can now see all the way down to rivals with 250 allies.

Can someone do the same and confirm this observation?

Talkazar
08-30-2012, 08:47 PM
I can confirm that, and you more easily see people with <500. Was getting sick of Reload 500,500,500... Reload 500,500,500...

tcapi
08-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks TKZ. I guess it is open season then. Happy hunting.

ezinap
09-03-2012, 04:01 AM
Upgrade your bottom level equipment.

Keeping track of equipment is near impossible, so do you know what equipment your army is using at the bottom levels? Check your A&D stats. Then either loot an item or buy one. Check the change in your stats with the A&D of the item. How much did it change?

If you looted a 14 attack item and your attack went up 9, then your lowest weapon in use was a 5 attack.
+1
This manner I have bought cheap Armor to increase my Attack. And cheap Weapons to increase my Defense. (yeah, that's right)
I had a lot of 0/* armor. By buying 2/2 armor for 100 gold, my attack stat increased by 2 per piece. A bargain!

JF5522
09-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Plant lot of trees... Go green and save our kingdom..:)

Ssne
09-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Machines early are the best for attack. I wouldn't touch magic or infantry at all. Do not do the auction events unless you simply get the boxes during normal course of play - the leveling is not nearly worth a couple of semi-productive units. You want a very strong attack relative to your level so you can do well in the boss events. Know the timing of the boss events is key...it's been posted many times.

If you are a frequent player, the bazaar is the best econ unit (doing the ROI in my head) - the farm is also good but you really need to check all the time to get good value out of it.

Hivesy
09-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Machines early are the best for attack. I wouldn't touch magic or infantry at all. Do not do the auction events unless you simply get the boxes during normal course of play - the leveling is not nearly worth a couple of semi-productive units. You want a very strong attack relative to your level so you can do well in the boss events. Know the timing of the boss events is key...it's been posted many times.

If you are a frequent player, the bazaar is the best econ unit (doing the ROI in my head) - the farm is also good but you really need to check all the time to get good value out of it.

Agree with you on infantry but the rock hard high priest magic unit with 32 defence is worth stocking up on in your middle game. I buy loads to offset against my machine attack units. I tend to have wyverns make up the bulk of my army and then go high priests and flaming ballistas to make attacking and defensive forces. Am currently upgrading my beast capabilities as the end game will be all dragons I'm guessing.

Is there a whale zone in KA? It's level 130 in MW but not sure in KA?

pixelknight
09-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Some strategies I've used

Offensively: I raid a lot which supplies more gold than my money buildings do in a given amount of time.. Minimizing the level advancement as low as possible with a fair amount of allies keeps me 'twinked' with high A/D. I notice a lot of players have low level unit buildings relative to my level/allies.

My usual targets (typically I ignore everything else):
Silos : min level 5
Leather Shops : min level 3
Shipyard: min level 3
Castles: min level 7
Lenders
Playhouses
Manors

I avoid attacking players who have a lot of destroyed buildings, but knock on the door of anyone with mostly whole kingdom with over 30K gold to say 'hello'. Then keep attacking anyone giving at least 400 gold. I usually stop attacking someone who delivers 200 gold or less per attack.

Attack players by invading them.. look at their profile and predict the battle outcome. (I'll hit people who's defense is less than my attack) On their kingdom map the defenses have a slight strategic advantage. I can successfully attack even tougher (A/D) players attacking their hero away from any towers. Additionally tapping one's hero avatar stops them from moving about if they're away from any defenses in between stamina recharge times when they're paying out a lot of gold per attack.

EDIT: Decoratives no longer show up on my allies' kingdoms. :(

Allies: Friend those superior players who've attacked and gotten a ton of gold. This way they won't attack you again when trying for the more expensive upgrades. Use flattery and role playing with fun wall posts.. this keeps your potential allies happy that you're adding them.

Upgrading: I use selling the more expensive buildings as a "high interest" bank vault beyond the 330K limit. This way I hit those high level building upgrades without much fear of PvP attack taking away tons of cash. For instance if I want to hit a 600K upgrade, I'd sell off two manors after getting 350 gold. I never go more than 380K gold during a box event because someone tougher inevitably comes along to munch on my unprotected gold (vault at 330K).

Upgrading Money Buildings: My best bang for the buck (according to my frequent play-style) is fully upgrading the Bazaars and Silos. After that, I like upgrading groups of buildings according to the length of time it takes to upgrade.

Loosely grouping buildings by quick cooldown, medium cooldown, and long cooldown also allows quick collection maintenance and the amount the finger moves to do the job.

quick: 5 min - 3 hours collection cooldowns
medium: 3 hours - 12 hours collection cooldowns
long: 12+ hour collection cooldowns

echus14
09-04-2012, 12:25 AM
I didn't know that defence buildings had any effect (in terms of range) for the opponent's avatar walking around. If you attack your opponent directly (as opposed to raiding a particular building), my understanding is that both players' whole armies are involved and all of his defence buildings.

tcapi
09-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Defensively: I've had good luck by planting trees to conceal the more sought buildings. Most raiders don't want to spend a lot of time looking at every red bar behind a tree searching for the silos. The amount of raids have decreased by 50% since dropping 'scenery' onto the kingdom. I also conceal my more upgraded defenses too.

Other players, be it rivals or allies, can not see any decorations in your kingdom. So there is no point in using conceal tactics. your Quick check, have you seen any kingdoms that come with decoration beside your own?

Funkey monkey
09-04-2012, 03:33 AM
Other players, be it rivals or allies, can not see any decorations in your kingdom. So there is no point in using conceal tactics. your Quick check, have you seen any kingdoms that come with decoration beside your own?

Agree with tcapi on decorations, but I've seen some pretty creative concealment by other means. People basically creating a maze with their kingdom layout so you don't see their silos when looking at their main base. I've also seen a silo almost completely covered by a Wizard Spire. The best way to prevent yourself from being raided - go collect your gold. This one seems obvious but so many people just leave their kingdom ready for pillaging.

pixelknight
09-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Hmm, at first my real life friends were really excited that decorations could be seen when visiting one another's kingdoms. But verified now what you guys were saying, that decorations do not seem to be seen in their kingdoms... crossing that off my strategy list. Thanks.

gamergal
09-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Damn, there goes the idea of hiding my silos behind trees. Thanks for the confirmation

Cheers,
Jaelyn

pixelknight
09-04-2012, 08:42 AM
I didn't know that defence buildings had any effect (in terms of range) for the opponent's avatar walking around. If you attack your opponent directly (as opposed to raiding a particular building), my understanding is that both players' whole armies are involved and all of his defence buildings.

I seem to have less casualties when observing the tower radius' of others, and when the same guy gets close to a cluster of upgraded towers the several attacks seem to fail more if the A/D scores are closer. It could be just a blind roll of the dice and me waving chicken bones making a theory, but seems to be fairly consistant.

Some emperical data looks like it needs to be collected to verify.

tcapi
09-04-2012, 06:21 PM

I am hesitate to write this as this is only my personal observation or "gut feel".

I have the same suspicion all along as the damage to my army seems to be higher whenever the rival's hero was within some defence building's range.

I did write to support to confirm this. Unfortunately they did not admit, nor deny it, only vaguely state that the effect of the defence building will affect the outcome of PvP; to me, it could be in a locality or totality sense.

On the safe side, I have kept my hero under the protection of a few solid defence buildings, by using buildings to block his route. Feedback from a few of my aggressors seems to suggest that the arrangement has inflicted relatively sever damage in pricy units even if I lost the battles.

I can not however substantiate the observation with any solid proof or reply from tech support.