PDA

View Full Version : Purpose Behind Progress Logs

G Wiz
08-21-2012, 12:35 PM
We all know them, and we have all come to expect them when, if not right, when a new event starts.

My question to those who are interested is, do you cross reference your trials with others or do you post there for your own benefit; to see how you stack up?

To the guys with glasses on :P, does the raw data provide stepping stones for predicting any feasible outcomes in terms of getting items, loot or other? Maybe there might even be a pattern emerging! Even if the patterm might look like a middle finger...

Nonetheless, just wanted to see where you guys stand on this.

mnju_03
08-21-2012, 12:45 PM
Can we just be friends?

TonySpaghetti
08-21-2012, 01:01 PM
I check mine against others at the beginning, but then towards the end I get lazy and start getting creative with my loot name.

G Wiz
08-21-2012, 01:06 PM
I check mine against others at the beginning, but then towards the end I get lazy and start getting creative with my loot name.Alright I feel that.

Think a progress log done from the get go by, lets say Mark or Cj would hold your interest?

mxz
08-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Certainly some interesting trends in the data.

jobadass
08-21-2012, 01:09 PM
I think the progress logs are interesting. I find it interesting to be reminded how bad my luck sucks compared to others.

G Wiz
08-21-2012, 01:12 PM
I think the progress logs are interesting. I find it interesting to be reminded how bad my luck sucks compared to others.You know bud, this is all i get from the threads myself lol! I can't help but feel as though I fall eons behind when in comparison to what others are getting.

They say that there is always someone out there who is always doing worst though...

You guys think Kenny from southpark participates in these events? El Oh El!

G Wiz
08-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Certainly some interesting trends in the data.Please elab if you'd like.

jobadass
08-21-2012, 01:16 PM
I do think that people are more likely to post have many items they've gotten if they are doing well. Guys like you and I are sitting back flicking off our screens, cursing them for being so fortunate.

Hey, I did get the final prize once without gold, so I guess it could be worse:)

mxz
08-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Please elab if you'd like.I've noticed MW does not have similar trends so it's something hard coded into the game. Obviously that means its not to be discussed lest they nerf it.

G Wiz
08-21-2012, 01:27 PM
I do think that people are more likely to post have many items they've gotten if they are doing well. Guys like you and I are sitting back flicking off our screens, cursing them for being so fortunate.

Hey, I did get the final prize once without gold, so I guess it could be worse:)*Pull's membership tag off of shirt* There will be no success talk around here!

I've noticed MW does not have similar trends so it's something hard coded into the game. Obviously that means its not to be discussed lest they nerf it.Ahh now this is true. I can't help but feel as though this would be the one thing they are actually aware of on the Dev side of things. I mean they do get a lot of profits from the events after all.

Olly1
08-21-2012, 01:59 PM
I've been logging all my results (as long as I don't forget the odd open here or there) to try and find patterns and to see how I compare to who others do the same

Before I started doing it I was convinced my luck was far worse than everyone else's. It wasn't great, but its actually better than I thought. Logging has also helped me get better 'luck'... Edit: help from another forum member aided that luck so should say a word of thanks to him!

_dan_
08-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Good to know how others doing, but not really useful to calculate trending, since the rate is not linear and there are a lot differences between lower levels/lifetime campers (seem easier) & HL (harder).

mxz
08-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Good to know how others doing, but not really useful to calculate trending, since the rate is not linear and there are a lot differences between lower levels/lifetime campers (seem easier) & HL (harder).The data I've looked at would suggest these are not a contributing factors.

G Wiz
08-21-2012, 10:06 PM
The data I've looked at would suggest these are not a contributing factors.That is interesting, but then it can also be complicated. If it isn't linear then what could it be? (of course you need not answer that)

Dravak
08-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Well past boss 25 the hp on the boss is inline with a bit above average stat .
Past 35 , it is creepy how much more the boss needs to be hit , to even ultilise the money options .

Let say if you are not in the top 5% of stats way above your level , don't think next event kill 50 bosses is even feasible .

Considering they hit the switch on day 1 to make stuff easier (was stuck at 7 bosses with 18 hits way above average for a new account) .

Let simply say it is up to them how they want to run this event again.

long and short version the middlefinger if you are average stats to even complete the event ,
free stats if you belong to the top 5% (but then again those uncommon and common don't do a thing )

So all in all it is fair since everybody gains stats boost , the free player the most !
The money spender just need to calculate . if the investment is worthwhile or not.
And the top players get it for free !

Steve0
08-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Sent you a PM wiz

G Wiz
08-21-2012, 10:19 PM
Well past boss 25 the hp on the boss is inline with a bit above average stat .
Past 35 , it is creepy how much more the boss needs to be hit , to even ultilise the money options .

Let say if you are not in the top 5% of stats way above your level , don't think next event kill 50 bosses is even feasible .

Considering they hit the switch on day 1 to make stuff easier (was stuck at 7 bosses with 18 hits way above average for a new account) .

Let simply say it is up to them how they want to run this event again.

long and short version the middlefinger if you are average stats to even complete the event ,
free stats if you belong to the top 5% (but then again those uncommon and common don't do a thing )

So all in all it is fair since everybody gains stats boost , the free player the most !
The money spender just need to calculate . if the investment is worthwhile or not.
And the top players get it for free !You raise valid points Dravak. Personally, I think the reason why events moved up to the top 250 from the top 500 could be because of the progress logs. If I remember correctly, CCM did say that on occasion he reports forum happenings IF it can be game changing.

I would not be surprised if they altered epic boss events from defeating "xyz" boss 30 times to 50 times like you said because they took not of peoples logs!

Dravak
08-21-2012, 10:37 PM
They did flick the switch on day 1 , since with 18 hits , I could just make 7th boss with perfect timing .
Suddenly it was like oh well boss dies in a lot less hits , couldn't post cause forum denied ( reason lets say mark did give fair warning ) .

So basically they can control how the event goes , since funny that this has a long run on MW .
And nobody complained they couldn't even pass the 5th boss .
Also attacks skill were added later in during day 1 , first day was pure stats of Attack .

Think the event was fun , compared to open the crates , leaderboard style .
(which was pointless other then buy your way , instead of time invested matters )
Atleast this event has again a strategy value , and cheap gold prices versus time ratio .
Most of all the items matter , if it is a uncommon or rare .

Instead of ok nice 5 gems/bla/ stuff got a pixel that I can ignore ..
So grab the sword while it is cheap ;) , if you can manage to past 25 with 1 medkit .
Then getting 30 isn't a big deal .