PDA

View Full Version : New beat the boss

Baraka
08-21-2012, 01:52 AM
Anyone any ideas wen its going to start. Usual have it by Monday night.

Lt. Falcon
08-21-2012, 07:22 AM
Grrrrrr....don't use "New Boss Event" until one actually starts! I saw the thread and went to check my phone and saw nothing and came back to see it was a question being asked. Like the boy crying "Wolf"

Agent Orange
08-21-2012, 07:24 AM
Never, it was such an epic failure they have decided to cancel them.

Ryans67
08-21-2012, 07:27 AM
And by failure, AO means that it did not result in massive gold purchases like this new event style. :D

Tail gunner
08-21-2012, 07:31 AM
I agree AO, they should also 'can' the current leaderboard event that is a complete shambles. I suppose it would be too much to ask for a decent event in the future that everyone has a chance of winning or at least gaining something worthwhile to add to your stats.

Lt. Falcon
08-21-2012, 07:32 AM
the new event style sucks for more than 85% of the players and therefore making the game less competitive for new players. why would they nerf the only thing keeping free players in the game...cause you know how much the free players are enjoying the auction event.

James_mac
08-21-2012, 07:34 AM
they should do an event for us free players, where there isnt an option to use gold
doubt it'll happen tho

Arizona
08-21-2012, 08:01 AM
the new event style sucks for more than 85% of the players and therefore making the game less competitive for new players. why would they nerf the only thing keeping free players in the game...cause you know how much the free players are enjoying the auction event.
Probably more than 85%. I don't know how many numbnuts are just below the 250 mark but think they can get in there. Perhaps there's a lot more than we know of. But the big gold spenders, there's only the 25 we can see and a proportion of the remainder down to 250 that have settled for the 2nd prize and aren't racing to win the event but probably spending gold just to stay in the safe zone.

they should do an event for us free players, where there isnt an option to use gold
doubt it'll happen thoI've thought about something like that. They do need to offer the players an incentive to stay in the game. The more people see that they're priced out of things, the more they think of giving up. I'd love to see an event based purely on strategy and without gold that gave everyone an equal chance without having to spend. Not to replace events, but an occasional freebie event; the incentive for everyone to play on. It's unlikely to happen though as there's no instant gratification for Gree.

overkill 280
08-21-2012, 08:05 AM
I liked the beat the boss events. Couldn't get real high in them cause I'm not a gold user, but it was nice to get the free units I couldn't of otherwise. :)

Baraka
08-21-2012, 08:14 AM
So have they really cancelled them. Are we stuck with just this stupid leaderboard event. I agree we do need a event of no gold but we all know it isnt going to happen.

Mad
08-21-2012, 08:32 AM
Probably more than 85%. I don't know how many numbnuts are just below the 250 mark but think they can get in there. Perhaps there's a lot more than we know of. But the big gold spenders, there's only the 25 we can see and a proportion of the remainder down to 250 that have settled for the 2nd prize and aren't racing to win the event but probably spending gold just to stay in the safe zone.

I've thought about something like that. They do need to offer the players an incentive to stay in the game. The more people see that they're priced out of things, the more they think of giving up. I'd love to see an event based purely on strategy and without gold that gave everyone an equal chance without having to spend. Not to replace events, but an occasional freebie event; the incentive for everyone to play on. It's unlikely to happen though as there's no instant gratification for Gree.

Good post.

I think the Boss events will continue. But I don't think we will have the overlap of events as we did in the past. One of the posters noted that Zynga (I think that is how it is spelt) another online game is seeing revenues drop and they blamed player fatigue. I know when there are two events going on at the same time on MW it is very draining.

When this recent auction event is done, I expect a Boss event to show up. I know everyone is complaining about the auction event because it is clearly geared to the gold spenders. I have no problem with that, they need events they can do good at.

On the other hand, I have heard repeated complaints by players in whale territory how hard the Boss events are for them. The Boss events are geared to lower level players and allow them to pick up some decent gold units (I have picked up a few myself.)

It is a good balance. You never know, if you treat free players right, they may just start buying some gold and support the game.

Warfiend
08-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Now that they have in game leaderboard capabilities, maybe we'll see another PVP event. I still regret not participating in the first one. And that event, more than any other, is the most congruent with the theme of the game.

If they keep the award pool big enough, plenty of free players will have a shot and gold spenders will still have an edge.

If they ran a pvp event once a month(or every two weeks maybe), I think that would go a long way to keeping people excited about the game, despite these incredibly awesome auction events.

Blackstone
08-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Now that they have in game leaderboard capabilities, maybe we'll see another PVP event. I still regret not participating in the first one. And that event, more than any other, is the most congruent with the theme of the game.

If they keep the award pool big enough, plenty of free players will have a shot and gold spenders will still have an edge.

If they ran a pvp event once a month(or every two weeks maybe), I think that would go a long way to keeping people excited about the game, despite these incredibly awesome auction events.

The leaderboard is just an auction tracker. Funzio probably didn't even code it to track PVP tourneys because I'm guessing that didn't make them money and since Gree is now in charge I bet we'll never see a PVP tourney again.

Corsair
08-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Good post.

I think the Boss events will continue. But I don't think we will have the overlap of events as we did in the past. One of the posters noted that Zynga (I think that is how it is spelt) another online game is seeing revenues drop and they blamed player fatigue. I know when there are two events going on at the same time on MW it is very draining.Actually, the article was referring to free players quitting the game because they felt they couldn't get any further and compete with the gold-type players.

Now that they have in game leaderboard capabilities, maybe we'll see another PVP event. I still regret not participating in the first one. And that event, more than any other, is the most congruent with the theme of the game.Same here. In retrospect, pretty sure I could have kept up in that event. Hope they do another, though I'm not sure I'll have enough time to keep up if they do. But it is most consistent with the nature of the game.

I'd be OK with another IPH "event" too, but I'm almost afraid to mention that. :)

I think those events were intended as honey traps for cheaters, though, so I don't expect to see them again.

Mcdoc
08-21-2012, 11:10 AM
I would rather spend my gold on a Boos event where I knew I was going to get 30 Indestructible Units than this auction event where I can get a grunt or a low value High Casualty Rate loot item for my Gold. It REALLY makes Gold lose it's appeal when you get such dumb boobie prizes during the crate events.

You want to get people motivated - give out the Transport Raider, Exective Chinock, and some of the other Elite PvE loot instead of the crappy units like an Armored Charger, Ghost Hound, Supply Frigate, and the other crap that dies before the event is even over.

HELLO - GREE - ARE YOU LISTENING ??? We are telling you what it would take for us to want to spend money!

Ryans67
08-21-2012, 11:26 AM
I've always wondered why they didn't have more variety of prizes, and more powerful prizes. I can guarantee people would use cash to open as much as possible if they had a 10% chance of the elite pve loot, or even high end cash units, like a carrier or stealth bomber.

On a side note, I see that support requests are now responded to in the name of Gree instead of Funzio. Glad they are focusing on the important things.

Baraka
08-21-2012, 11:32 AM
But they still take over a week to get sorted. Different name same old crap.

éffinergie92
08-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Boss events were fun even if I had to add more than 200 allies ;)
I hope AO is wrong and we will have a new boss event soon. LIke I said on the boycott topic, I didn't open one box, so it's frustrating to see an event and not participate.

I wish you will have a fight event again, I enjoyed it a lot !

el_gringo
08-21-2012, 01:05 PM
I too would like to see another pvp event but I think - as with the IPH event - its fairly unlikely.

Problem with the PVP event was the width of the prize bands, it was basically below lv 100 and above lv 100. At level 35-40, how was I supposed to keep up with players in the lvl 90s who had received many, many more stat points to use?

I'd also wager they didn't make a lot of profit themselves from the IPH and PVP events, and that they may have been done in part solely to dangle a carrot at cheaters, who they could then weed out easily.

Baraka
08-21-2012, 01:20 PM
I enjoyed the IPH event I was only around level 50 and my friend was like level 25 at time. We both got the unit. As a free players it was good to be rewarded and get a good unit. Like you say highly unlikely
We will get anything like that as it makes no money for Gree.

el_gringo
08-21-2012, 02:29 PM
I reckon it's being delayed not cause of fatigued players, but because the boss events are also being altered to KA standards, with 40 rounds and gold hits at 25 a pop :(

James_mac
08-21-2012, 02:46 PM
I reckon it's being delayed not cause of fatigued players, but because the boss events are also being altered to KA standards, with 40 rounds and gold hits at 25 a pop :(
Iv just noticed the boss event on KA has 40 rounds too. I wonder If that have changed the mechanics of it aswel. Hmmm, I guess we'll have to wait until they launch a new one on here

Ryans67
08-21-2012, 03:48 PM
They change the boss events to 40 hits and I won't spend gold on that either. It would be nice though if it was changed to 40 kills, with the 40th boss having the same health as the normal 30th boss. Sort of slow down the drastic health jumps we currently see. Might make it easier for some of the higher level players to get a couple more bosses defeated.

Of course if they did that....They would also decrease the odds of getting the uncommon and rare prizes. :rolleyes:

Baraka
08-21-2012, 04:04 PM
40 would be well bad. As you wouldn't get as many rares I would of thought. Although I only did ten bosses in KA and got two rares. It will start wen leaderboard finishes.

Corsair
08-21-2012, 04:05 PM
They just rolled out the auction event here and the boss events in CC, both of which required a client-side update. So, I'd say they've been busy. Boss event likely by the end of the week.

Warfiend
08-21-2012, 06:52 PM
My prediction is boss event same as before, 30 hits, same cost as before, just no more overlap. I also predict the next one will start immediately after this awesome auction event ends.

Mad
08-21-2012, 07:02 PM
My prediction is boss event same as before, 30 hits, same cost as before, just no more overlap. I also predict the next one will start immediately after this awesome auction event ends.

That's my guess as well. I hope we are right.

Miner
08-21-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm still ticked at this thread title. With all Bronson's pranks, i've learned to read it before scrambling to check my game.

albeezy
08-21-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm still ticked at this thread title. With all Bronson's pranks, i've learned to read it before scrambling to check my game.
We need a Grammy nominee page stickied for nomInations for the next Grammy awards where we can post the thread name of threads or posts and post numbers to keep track all year Then when Bronson does his next prank thread and gets you good you could nominate it for a Grammy

jeffrey
08-21-2012, 07:32 PM
It would be a nice gesture for Gree to change the next Boss event to 20 kills, not 30. Just once a while setting the bar lower will get our interest to new high. And for the leaderboard, waterboard or whatever the current event is just the opposite. Bring back the Helicopter event that needed to find 3 or 5 I remember when I first started in June although I didnt play that even I got some boxes but I didn't know how to open it back then.