PDA

View Full Version : We love the Auction Events GREE!

albeezy
08-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Maybe if we just keep saying how much we like the auction events they will NERF those too! LOL. I cant dream can't I?

Samantha Turtle
08-19-2012, 06:07 PM
I love them soooo much... I even spend a billion quintillion bazillion gold and gems on them to date and never won anything I'm am so ready to keep doing it to! Albeezy you're a legend and good thinking 99!

We love the auctions... they are the best woo hoo.

Thunder Child
08-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Totally agree. It's such a fair game and the prizes are awesome - 100K goes such a long way at L133, that additional grunt is invaluable, and hey, I'm so happy I never have to take those two Sea Cannons (12/19) to battle! Best of all, it's that wonderful feeling of hope, of really believing I can make it all the way as a free player, knowing that if I stay awake for five days, set my alarm, and open my crates religiously, I might, MIGHT just get the ten parts I need! Wait..... you mean I need to get 25?

Ascent
08-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I am cashing out my 401K early and pay the penalty tax just so I can purchase a metric cubic kilometer of gold for the auction :D

Matt Thornton
08-19-2012, 06:18 PM
i love getting a grunt that i can't delete. it really helps my game.

Q Raider
08-19-2012, 06:29 PM
I got my first ever fortified sniper this event....and the best bit is he can enjoy his retirement and sit down with the battalion of tree snipers to regale them with tales of "derring do".

I think I will modify one of the Sea Cannons into a cruise ship and send the lot of them on a round the world trip...

Matt Thornton
08-19-2012, 06:34 PM
I got my first ever fortified sniper this event....and the best bit is he can enjoy his retirement and sit down with the battalion of tree snipers to regale them with tales of "derring do".

I think I will modify one of the Sea Cannons into a cruise ship and send the lot of them on a round the world trip...i think i'll join them :D

MonkeyPuppy2012
08-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Are you guys losing your minds

Glees new events suck.

What are you smoking?

albeezy
08-19-2012, 06:42 PM

Glees new events suck.

What are you smoking?
Read the first post!

spectra
08-19-2012, 06:43 PM

Glees new events suck.

What are you smoking?

Do you understand the term "sarcasm"?

Thunder Child
08-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Are you guys losing your mindsGlees new events suck.What are you smoking?Superstar! MonkeyPuppy, you are now my favorite Forumite!

Bob_55
08-19-2012, 06:58 PM
I really love the 4 grunts that GREE give it to me Wou Hoo

jeffrey
08-19-2012, 07:02 PM
I love the new event, enjoy opening the box with free hand.

jeffrey
08-19-2012, 07:04 PM
The best part is Gree keeps saying sorry to me, yeah, Gree owes me a lot of apologies after I lose so many high valored units to get the shinny boxes.

Ascent
08-19-2012, 07:54 PM
I got my first ever fortified sniper this event....

That's nothing I just won some contractor dude with a hard-on :D

Buggs1a
08-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Sarcasm sucks as do the events.

Lawyer
08-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Wow... I just lost most of my grunts when they were attacked by a hooker with VD..... Quick GREE I need more to replace them as I miss them already.

Buggs1a
08-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Wow... I just lost most of my grunts when they were attacked by a hooker with VD..... Quick GREE I need more to replace them as I miss them already.

FYI I'm reporting all the rude vular posts so people better stop.

Selfproclaimed
08-19-2012, 08:30 PM
At first 'I was skeptical. I thought it would be a good event. Then I thought it was complete. Chit. Then I thought, why would FBI or anyone investigate into gree. The company has such high regards for moral value and professional standards and practices.afterll, for around $80 American U.S dollars. You can buy 1 unit. Not to mention these events that are completely fair to every player and holds no gambling aspect whatsoever to it.

I've spent some money on this game, but not nearly as much as 99% of the heavy gold spenders. I understand that those extreme heavy spenders have the money to spend on such things. But no one enjoys LOSING tens of thousands of dollars and that's what it's going to come down to.

albeezy
08-19-2012, 09:04 PM
At first 'I was skeptical. I thought it would be a good event. Then I thought it was complete. Chit. Then I thought, why would FBI or anyone investigate into gree. The company has such high regards for moral value and professional standards and practices.afterll, for around $80 American U.S dollars. You can buy 1 unit. Not to mention these events that are completely fair to every player and holds no gambling aspect whatsoever to it.

I've spent some money on this game, but not nearly as much as 99% of the heavy gold spenders. I understand that those extreme heavy spenders have the money to spend on such things. But no one enjoys LOSING tens of thousands of dollars and that's what it's going to come down to.

Your supposed to put positive things here guys. Remember if we hate things they stay. It's only when we like things that they get NERFed!

Ryans67
08-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Best thing about grunts.... They are the only indestructible you will win in this event!!!!

And Buggs..... Go somewhere. I'll leave it at that.

What?
08-19-2012, 10:37 PM
I agree this new style event is so much better, just like the 2nd epic boss event was 1000 times better than the first one. Less units and lower prizes like 100k instead of 250k and 300xp instead of 500xp is something I enjoy very much. Keep up the GREEt work!

Dr. Dengus
08-19-2012, 11:39 PM
FYI I'm reporting all the rude vular posts so people better stop.

I thought you just said you hated sarcasm? This, my friend, is sarcasm at its finest.

mickymacirl
08-20-2012, 01:05 AM
I love this event, it's absolutely brilliant!

You won't believe my luck seriously, never guess what I got!!!!

After 14, yes 14!! (I'm so so lucky) No opens on cash (that's about 2m cash at my level) I got a fortified SNIPER!!!

Wooo this dude will be the first unit going to battle for me woooo!

Absolutely brilliant game guys, aside from all the cheaters, hacks and low cas glitchers, ****ed up coding and horrible unskilled beta testers who couldn't test their way out of a brown paper bag, I would do better ON MY OWN.

WOOO GO FORTIFIED SNIPERS!!!!

Giedrybe
08-20-2012, 01:20 AM
Do you understand the term "sarcasm"?

Spectra, I thought the answer was already known to you before asking :) Why you are asking? :)

Q Raider
08-20-2012, 01:29 AM
Just think how many of them players at the top of the board have :-)

Just checked ManBearPig and he has 78 Fortified Snipers and is nowhere near as many opens as others have.

Just to make it the "perfect event" I hope they have planned an hour or so of maintenance down time in the last hours of the event.

Buggs1a
08-20-2012, 03:44 AM
I thought you just said you hated sarcasm? This, my friend, is sarcasm at its finest.

It's not from me. I meant it and I have reported tons since I been a member. But mostly the serious ones except this morning. Forum should be family friendly.

Buggs1a
08-20-2012, 03:47 AM
I love this event, it's absolutely brilliant!

You won't believe my luck seriously, never guess what I got!!!!

After 14, yes 14!! (I'm so so lucky) No opens on cash (that's about 2m cash at my level) I got a fortified SNIPER!!!

Wooo this dude will be the first unit going to battle for me woooo!

Absolutely brilliant game guys, aside from all the cheaters, hacks and low cas glitchers, ****ed up coding and horrible unskilled beta testers who couldn't test their way out of a brown paper bag, I would do better ON MY OWN.

WOOO GO FORTIFIED SNIPERS!!!!

Actually I don't think it's the beta testers fault. It's the higher ups. I probably report more detailed specific issues in the short time I been on the beta team then anyone since the game came out. I say this based on my own emails to them and then how they haven't barely fixed anything.

Arizona
08-20-2012, 04:35 AM
Totally agree. It's such a fair game and the prizes are awesome - 100K goes such a long way at L133, that additional grunt is invaluable, and hey, I'm so happy I never have to take those two Sea Cannons (12/19) to battle! Best of all, it's that wonderful feeling of hope, of really believing I can make it all the way as a free player, knowing that if I stay awake for five days, set my alarm, and open my crates religiously, I might, MIGHT just get the ten parts I need! Wait..... you mean I need to get 25?
That's really funny TC.
It costs you 133k to open an aluminium coffin (hey it looks like that to me), and your prize is 100k. Don't forget to thank the people that allowed you to donate 33k.
Stupid prizes. Oh crap... I didn't mean that. Wonderful, wonderful prizes. I too love to know there are units that can mull around my base knowing they will never see bloodshed. Thank you Gree:D

Fl@sh
08-20-2012, 04:44 AM
I got over 60 grunts at the discounted price of 15 gold! Thats buy 53 get 7 free! What a DEAL!!!!!!!! Can't wait for the next event, perhaps I can get stamina refills when my stamina is already full!!!

Jhoemel
08-20-2012, 04:52 AM
Yeah the loots are terrible, for the first time I get a grunt in the crates. That put me in 499 allies and in the danger zone so I quickly deleted a random allie. Also got the useless fortified sniper, supply frigate. And some 100k cash and 200k. I want the 1.25m cash back. Only the mech rover is the good loot for me

Katalan24
08-20-2012, 07:48 AM
I used to be a gold buyer in modern wor and crime city NOT ANYMORE( me and about other 50 friends of mine) but is not a problem because they have those 25 massive buyers of gold. Soon enough those25 buyers will be the only buyers. They can make a separate game just for them

Idiokus
08-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Yeah the loots are terrible, for the first time I get a grunt in the crates. That put me in 499 allies and in the danger zone so I quickly deleted a random allie. Also got the useless fortified sniper, supply frigate. And some 100k cash and 200k. I want the 1.25m cash back. Only the mech rover is the good loot for me

Hey there...I see you've been really lucky with this event too! I've gotten 6 grunts, so many sorries i gave up counting and only sea cannons to add to my inventory that don't do much for my stats! Oh and upto 8 fusions stuck there since second day! What a joke this auction event! Don't know if anyone has been having casualty problems mine were bad before new up grade now it's just retarded! I raided someone four times less powerful than me, hit him 7 times I lost 2 elite ops helicopter, 2 harden maiden, and a super hornet and 1 stealth frigate and stealth boat! The guy had no composite factory and hardly any defense buildings! This game is just getting better and better...come on guys bring back the old crate events!!!!! Throw us a new boss event... never had the possibility of going beyond boss 10 with out gold but its way better than this new tired event! Good day to everyone!

mickymacirl
08-20-2012, 08:16 AM
Hey there...I see you've been really lucky with this event too! I've gotten 6 grunts, so many sorries i gave up counting and only sea cannons to add to my inventory that don't do much for my stats! Oh and upto 8 fusions stuck there since second day! What a joke this auction event! Don't know if anyone has been having casualty problems mine were bad before new up grade now it's just retarded! I raided someone four times less powerful than me, hit him 7 times I lost 2 elite ops helicopter, 2 harden maiden, and a super hornet and 1 stealth frigate and stealth boat! The guy had no composite factory and hardly any defense buildings! This game is just getting better and better...come on guys bring back the old crate events!!!!! Throw us a new boss event... never had the possibility of going beyond boss 10 with out gold but its way better than this new tired event! Good day to everyone!

Maybe you were just 'unlucky'

Poopenshire
08-20-2012, 09:13 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38746-Help!-Have-I-been-banned-!-WTF

Looks like Crime City is having some issues of its own like our own MW friends are having.

Gambit12
08-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Auction Events are da BOMB..!!!

Agent Orange
08-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Have to admit, I am particularly overjoyed when a grunt drops after a 171,000 dollar open. Perhaps it's the mental image created when I think of the name. Maybe because I saved the 17 gold bars it would have cost in the store!

Miner
08-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Have to admit, I am particularly overjoyed when a grunt drops after a 171,000 dollar open. Perhaps it's the mental image created when I think of the name. Maybe because I saved the 17 gold bars it would have cost in the store!

I bet you like it more when you spend $171k to get $100k. It's just like business classes in college. They teach you to buy low and sell high from a text book you buy for $150 at the beginning of the course and sell from $20 at the end...

Gabbahh
08-20-2012, 09:38 AM
I really really love this event.

They could make it even better by hiding the leaderboard in the last half an hour!
That way we can all spend like crazy to keep in top 250/25, and at the end you don't even know if you won. Just imagine all that joyous tension.

Got to go guys, back to working in the gold mine. Maybe if I get lucky I find me a nugget, so I can buy some vaults of gold and spend it on this great event.

Kara T
08-20-2012, 10:04 AM

Yeah I have never understood the rationale behind the pricing of the "extra ally"..... It would provide a lot more value/ justification if they were "super allies" that would allow you to bring say 7 extra units into battle instead of 4.

Luke7676
08-20-2012, 10:05 AM
I could give a rats A** about this new leader board event. Haven't even attempted more then 4 opens since it started.. Gree should have known better then to do this in MW. Guess I'm just gonna give up all these type events untill they change it back or for the better.. I'm actualy starting to miss the boss fights now haha.

Btw. Love the sarcastic remarks on the first page :)

Agent Orange
08-20-2012, 10:08 AM
Yeah I have never understood the rationale behind the pricing of the "extra ally"..... It would provide a lot more value/ justification if they were "super allies" that would allow you to bring say 7 extra units into battle instead of 4.

Now that is a brilliant idea Kara, Gree you listening?

Q Raider
08-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Now that is a brilliant idea Kara, Gree you listening?

Yes, they are listening......trouble is they need someone who not only can read, but can also comprehend what is being written here :-)

Selfproclaimed
08-20-2012, 10:21 AM
That is probably one of the best ideas I've read on here. Even if it was just 1 extra unit. People would buy em up.

Warfiend
08-20-2012, 11:11 AM
These events are the best thing to happen to gaming since the introduction of color video capabilities for personal computers.

I hope I never stop getting command tanks, grunts, and sorries.

mickymacirl
08-20-2012, 11:13 AM
OMG, I just got a sorrie, I had 14 sorries and damn I got a fortified sniper but I was lucky cos I'm now on 4 sorries again! Go Go!

Warfiend
08-20-2012, 11:19 AM
OMG, I just got a sorrie, I had 14 sorries and damn I got a fortified sniper but I was lucky cos I'm now on 4 sorries again! Go Go!

You're lucky. Earlier today my sorry streak was interrupted with a big 60k win. I was kind of pissed because I had been hoping to hit 20 sorries in a row, but the game made it up to me by following up with a grunt, a command tank, and a few minutes back, another sorry. So I'm really stoked now.

Tctiger
08-20-2012, 12:04 PM
I can't believe so many players are getting such good units soo cheap !

Copenhagen
08-20-2012, 12:46 PM
I like how Gree claims that the events we dislike the most are the ones that they feel are the most profitable. Our complaints are an indicator to them that they are doing something right and will make more dough. I really admire this carpe diem philosophy and lack of regard for protecting the intergrity of the game in the long run.

Warfiend
08-20-2012, 01:05 PM
A boneyard APC! How cool is that!? 5 attack and 11 defense!

Now if all my SSDs, mine launchers, defensive cannons, military ambulances, and sea scouts die, I'll have something 1 point stronger than my medic and 2 points stronger than my transports to fall back on! And for only 5 times the cost and 10 times the effort!

This is freaking awesome!

BigDog146400220
08-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Sort of regret passing on this event now. Sounds like everyone is having lots of fun getting all these great prizes. Vaults of gold for tanks, cash, and grunts. Good stuff and good times :)

albeezy
08-20-2012, 01:13 PM
I like how Gree claims that the events we dislike the most are the ones that they feel are the most profitable. Our complaints are an indicator to them that they are doing something right and will make more dough. I really admire this carpe diem philosophy and lack of regard for protecting the intergrity of the game in the long run.
Blame it on MINER and McDOC for succumbing to the pressure! LOL Just kidding guys! But seriuosly, we have to add McDoc to the list of people who bought an ally!

Been doing cash opens for SH!t$ & giggles - got 7 parts. SO - Funzio finally got my bonus credited from July - 15 day process - so I decided to try ONE Gold open - and WHAMMO - got a Grunt Ally for my gold. That will be the last bar spent on any auction style event ever again. Burned!

mickymacirl
08-20-2012, 01:14 PM
You are really missing out BigDog, I just got two sorries since I last reported, cost me only 338k cash! I AM LUCKY!!!!

BigDog146400220
08-20-2012, 01:24 PM
@Mickey. I actually have 1 fusion core thingy. Very first day I used all my energy to see drop rate. Roughly 1600 energy and Got one box. After 2 free clicks, Got a core. I will trade you my core for one of those shiny new Sorries! :) don't need any grunts...just got rid of over 1000 of those.

Zoltarov
08-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Just went on a blow out of atomic boxes. I had so many that i thought this was a perfect solution. Resetting those timers in a straight run is really good for your hand eye coordination too.Did not even look at the prices I received. But who cares it was real fun and it was sort of a work out.

BigDog146400220
08-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Hmmm. Maybe I should start now. I have one... So all I need is like 270 more at this point to take the lead. I'm thinking I should go for it.

Mcdoc
08-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Aw man - I really hope the don't Nerf the Grunt prize! They always come along and kill off the good stuff when we speak about it on the forums & get the word out to other people. They aleady nerfed it once before by not letting people above leek 80 get them in the crate events - now that we got the update - somebody must have messed up and the grunts slipped through again. Not sure who let this glorious prize slip back into the system - but hopefully they wont see how excited we are to have this amazing prize and they won't nerf it like all the other goodies we have come across.

Warfiend
08-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Sort of regret passing on this event now. Sounds like everyone is having lots of fun getting all these great prizes. Vaults of gold for tanks, cash, and grunts. Good stuff and good times :)

I only wish I had the money to buy vaults of gold for this event! I'm stuck using cash opens and I believe I could probably pick up a couple of hundred boneyard APCs if I had a few vaults to spend. Really wish I had used this iTunes card I've been sitting on during the last gold sale!

Captain Stephen
08-20-2012, 01:55 PM
I, like so many of you, am over the moon about the terrible drop rate for crates. I mean you don't want too many. Do you? I just love the ridiculously low open rate, we can't all be at the top now, can we? The mere fact that we need 25 cores to earn mediocre units, with no bonus, is just a challenge for pro's. And an opportunity to continue collecting, wow, just wow. Anyone for a leaderboard? Yes please, count me in! The new and "improved" casualty rate just ensures a constant turnover of units. Who wants to save valour points anyhow? Not me, that's for sure. What would I do with them? No hope? Yes please!

Hivesy
08-20-2012, 02:08 PM
That's nothing I just won some contractor dude with a hard-on :D

OMG I can't stop laughing, Ascent you've stopped me breathing!!

Ascent
08-20-2012, 02:12 PM
FOR SALE

32 Atomic boxes in unopened mint condition

Will consider trade-ins of forever loyal Ally Grunts two for one

or a slightly lemon Assault Bear with winter treads for my farm

Hassleham
08-20-2012, 02:15 PM
All these things people are saying are fine, but i'm just disappointed with the lack of tree snipers i've been getting lately. Couldn't GREE make a prize in the events thats a bulk of about 100 tree snipers or something? It'd be sweeeeeeeeeeet :rolleyes:

Captain Stephen
08-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Tree snipers to the 100th power would be Giant Sequoia snipers, perhaps.
Next name that sniper competition that's my entry.

Hassleham
08-20-2012, 02:28 PM
My entry would have to be "Quick-scoping noob"

Lt. Falcon
08-20-2012, 02:37 PM
I love all the sarcasm in this thread, it's great! I feel right at home. Laughing at all the comments, especially the ones regarding those happy-go-lucky grunts.

BigDog146400220
08-20-2012, 02:49 PM
FOR SALE

No loyal grunts, sorry. But I do have a slightly used Ops Jet Pilot for possible trade. I think he has +100 increased causally rating if interested. :)

Dry
08-20-2012, 02:52 PM
How much you sell it for ,, can I buy in bulk ?

PG13
08-20-2012, 02:55 PM
FOR SALE

I'm a LLV player and using the cash only option ($71K at my LvL) received a whopping $60K prize a -$10K ROI. We can see why Gree is being looked at it's not even as good as a ponzi scheme!!!
So I would like to get a Grunt and name him Runt and he will be my Runt Grunt.

Not a sermon just a thought,

Juaco
08-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Well now that you said what your plan is, won't GREE know that you really don't like them and not nerf it? Would've been better if you just simply said that you love it and that only.

Ascent
08-20-2012, 03:00 PM
No loyal grunts, sorry. But I do have a slightly used Ops Jet Pilot for possible trade. I think he has +100 increased causally rating if interested. :)

You mean slightly beserk Ops Jet Pilot... providing friendly fire cover :D

Can he drive a trac... I mean an Assault Bear?

Captain Stephen
08-20-2012, 03:05 PM
One slightly soiled Satellite Smasher, with an unbelievable plus 1 valour point per fight. Still unused, never worked, honestly. Come on down to honest Steve's used military vehicles shack. You won't believe the benefits, a free grunt with every purchase. Tree snipers free to pick up.

Sorry, shouldn't mock one of my few event victories, but OMG come on!!!!

BigDog146400220
08-20-2012, 03:08 PM
You mean slightly beserk Ops Jet Pilot... providing friendly fire cover :D

Can he drive a trac... I mean an Assault Bear?

Well idk if he can drive that thing or not. He keeps crashing my black shark heli to further increase casualties.

BigDog146400220
08-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Wanted:

Top unit prize that unlocks my vault for all those that need cash. Anybody know where I can get one of those bad boys for my collection of unit prizes?

Hassleham
08-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Wanted:

Top unit prize that unlocks my vault for all those that need cash. Anybody know where I can get one of those bad boys for my collection of unit prizes?

I have a solution! Don't bother vaulting any of your cash in the first place and drop me your details so that i can pay you a visit :rolleyes:

chimera69
08-20-2012, 03:27 PM
These events are the best thing to happen to gaming since the introduction of color video capabilities for personal computers.

I hope I never stop getting command tanks, grunts, and sorries.

"color video capabilities". . .

. . . Wait a minute. How about if Gree/Funzio added video capabilities to the game. Then we could make actual videos of all our action in the Leaderboard events & post them on YouTube. Someone should look into this!

albeezy
08-20-2012, 03:28 PM

. . . Wait a minute. How about if Gree/Funzio added video capabilities to the game. Then we could make actual videos of all our action in the Leaderboard events & post them on YouTube. Someone should look into this!
Notice how we started talking about all the uses for the video feature and it never came out! Nerf or nothing...nothing that the players would like to see at least!

BigDog146400220
08-20-2012, 03:40 PM
I have a solution! Don't bother vaulting any of your cash in the first place and drop me your details so that i can pay you a visit :rolleyes:

That would just take all the mystery and fun out of it. :)

Ascent
08-20-2012, 03:42 PM

Yeah, I always wanted to share my zen technique of planting 20,000 palm trees in a shape of a mandala. You could all watch it live (and the more delicate parts in slow motion replay) just by buying my 12 piece DVD set.

Agent Orange
08-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Well my KA player is really dis-gruntled now. Support removed them yesterday! Woohoo!

Agent Orange
08-20-2012, 05:29 PM
Notice how we started talking about all the uses for the video feature and it never came out! Nerf or nothing...nothing that the players would like to see at least!

Hmm that would be cool, a video of a Level 9 Nano upgrading to Level 10! Wonder how many cases of Orville Redenbacher's I'd need.

Lawyer
08-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Well, I better get my suggestions in now before Biggs gets me banned... I say GREE creates a super grunt for the next top prize !!!!! Come on ,who is with me!!!! Woooowoooo I can feel the excitement build GREE make it happen!!!!

Ascent
08-20-2012, 06:50 PM
Wait, wait, I got it

DO YOU KNOW WHAT's BETTER THAN A GRUNT FOR A PRIZE?

TWO DOZEN GRUNTS!!!

Come on Funzio, I know you can fit quite a few of them in an Atomic Box

just shred them in a blender, that way you can fit FIFTY in a box!!!

Jack in the Box Allies, pop the box, and army pops out!

(I am on my way to the patent office)

Warfiend
08-20-2012, 06:59 PM
I was going to suggest they award them by the dozen...

But what they really need to do, since these are such great prizes, is have the top prize be 500 grunts and 2000 fortified snipers.

Come on Gree, hook us up!

marebear
08-20-2012, 07:43 PM
This is by far the funniest thread I've read. Army in a box, priceless. I'm laughing my butt off. Except for Buggs, ya grumpy curmudgeon. I personally went with the free option on this auction. It warms my heart every time I see the sorry message pop up. I eagerly await my apology in a box, and silently cheer as I don't contract grunt disease. Best event eva!!!!!

overkill 280
08-20-2012, 09:33 PM
All these things people are saying are fine, but i'm just disappointed with the lack of tree snipers i've been getting lately. Couldn't GREE make a prize in the events thats a bulk of about 100 tree snipers or something? It'd be sweeeeeeeeeeet :rolleyes:I love all my tree snipers!! Been losing them like flies flocking to a cow pie!! lol

Q Raider
08-20-2012, 11:31 PM
I love all my tree snipers!! Been losing them like flies flocking to a cow pie!! lol

I have a spare thousand or two you can have. Tough little buggers as I haven't lost one since about day two of playing this game.

overkill 280
08-20-2012, 11:53 PM
I have a spare thousand or two you can have. Tough little buggers as I haven't lost one since about day two of playing this game.Well I'm doing something wrong cause Ive lost most of mine now! lol Although haven't lost many since I re stocked up on Flamethrower soldiers :)

mickymacirl
08-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Amazing really, I contacted support to ask to get grunts removed and they commented how did I possibly get 500 grunts? Are you freaking serious? Do you know ur game at all??!!

Oh I'm on a roll of 6 sorries, come on sorries!!!

Ascent
08-21-2012, 12:56 AM
I have a spare thousand or two you can have. Tough little buggers as I haven't lost one since about day two of playing this game.

Slightly off topic, but when I was about to add another layer to my offense (the way JMC suggests), I made sure to amortize my existing layer as much as I could. Therefore, all my money invested in that layer actually produced something instead of simply sitting on the sidelines. It only works if you do the layers like I do, which is get 2000 (in my case of the same thing) in bulk... so the previous layer no longer participates in battles.

mickymacirl
08-21-2012, 02:03 AM
Ya another sorry, whoop be ****ing do.

Q Raider
08-21-2012, 02:26 AM
Amazing really, I contacted support to ask to get grunts removed and they commented how did I possibly get 500 grunts? Are you freaking serious? Do you know ur game at all??!!

Oh I'm on a roll of 6 sorries, come on sorries!!!

Says it all really......

Ascent
08-21-2012, 02:45 AM
Says it all really......

Well, let me defend them slightly...

Anyone who designs and develops something, has his head full of his vision of what he wants to create. Now, that image, or idea is stuck in the mind and it is impossible to un-know it.

We the players never had that image or notion in our heads, so our idea of the game comes from our experiencing it. To add on top of this, we might use the game or play the game in somewhat or totally different ways than what the creators envisioned.

So when a creator looks at the game, he does not see the same thing as we do. First, his head is full with the original vision and it biases what he sees. Second, his mind is full of things like "is this how I wanted it to be?", and "Oh I have this new idea to add", which are very different focuses from what a player has "I want more this and that".

Third, because the creators are busy creating (that is what they enjoy), or busy fixing things (because that's their job), they rarely have the time, or the mindset to be able to play the game as we do... with open mind.... they might be looking for a bug, or paranoid about something, so they are usually unable to simply explore and experience the game for what it is.

Therefore, it is quite natural, that they do not have a clue about a lot of things we do.

The smart developer realizes these factors and listens to the players. And by listening I do not necessarily mean "do what the players want" (because players might want something which will in fact ruin their experience in the end), but take the complaints seriously, because the complaint shows something is wrong... even if the solution offered by the players might not be the right one.

albeezy
08-21-2012, 09:04 AM
EDIT: Removed my tyrade

By the way, I am totally excited that I just got $100,000k on an open at level 148! Who needs market research!

David P
08-21-2012, 02:11 PM
I have been lurking te forums since my new job started, as I've been very busy, but I've got to say the one thing that keeps me going day to day is this event! Man is it good. I've always been a man to value fairness, integrity, and the reward of hard work, and boy does this event deliver! For $500, you can ALMOST buy your way to the top prize, a unit in an iPhone/iPad video game! Almost! Or, If you'd like, you can buy two new iPhones, another iPad, or even an Xbox and a PS3, together!

Man am I glad Gree came along and made all these improvements to this game! I almost enjoy it as much as being robbed!

Bob_55
08-21-2012, 06:49 PM
Woo hou I just got my 5 grunts I'm so happy, thanks GREE !

Warfiend
08-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Man am I glad Gree came along and made all these improvements to this game! I almost enjoy it as much as being robbed!

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll tweak them to the point that they're MORE enjoyable than getting robbed!

Gambit12
09-04-2012, 08:18 AM
MY BEST EVENT UNIT THAT I GOT..!!

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg622/Swyn1221/4f429019.jpg

General Soviet
09-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Man, I just love spending $105,000 to get a Supply Frigate! Another one to add to my collection of 30!

RobinoftheHood
09-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Yeah I have 44 of those

Thanos
09-07-2012, 06:14 AM
Prizes should be in brackets of lvls for a base item to win.
Lvl 1-25 grunts and snipes, 26-50 better base units, 51-75 better base units and so on.
Im with you on paying 150K and winning 60K- BLOWS! No different than winning a grunt when lvl 60 or so.
Now if they had super units like a super sniper that gave +5 or 10 attack to all snipers you have, for the first prize at 5 crates, that would be good for low lvl players. Granted, higher level players it won't do any good for but then the one at 10 crates (or whatever it is at the time) another super unit on the next bracket.
Since its harder to get the upper cases opened.
As far as pay players vs. free players - they could always sell the super units for gold and intice the non payers to want to open that wallet. Could also limit the amount of super units to one only,whether you buy it or win it.
Not sure if that makes sense or not but sounded good when I was thinking it.

Thanos
09-07-2012, 06:19 AM
When you win an extra ally,think of this- there are a lot of people who don't want to take time to add people. It's a big part of the game! And if you are a person that adds and stays on it, then you might have to boot someone. Then that booted person is now a target!
Just Sayin....