PDA

View Full Version : So when did decorations become visible?

Dreno33
08-19-2012, 02:35 PM
2 days ago a guy posted on my wall:

"add me so I can show my mate your pacman its the best thing I've ever seen man *his code* cheers"
And I was very confused as to how he could see my pacman when we all know we cant see each others. I asked him how he could actually see it. He just said he found me in his rivals list and had to post on my wall.

So i had my friend add me as allies and check it out. It shows up on her screen as well...

When did they change this? Was it from the update?

Bronson
08-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Just checked your base and I couldn't see it.

Dreno33
08-19-2012, 03:04 PM
well she is an android user and it works. maybe he was too? i have no idea...

Poopenshire
08-19-2012, 03:12 PM
I can see ddecorations on Android only.

ucantwin1
08-19-2012, 09:47 PM
WTH? they should make 'em visible to all. Let people get creative with 'em! Camo technique

Agent Orange
08-21-2012, 07:32 AM
The reason they made them invisible in the first place was because after a certain number of graphic elements loaded the IOS app will freeze. That may or may not have been fixed but it will give you the advantage of being effectively free of attacks since a rival cannot load your base ergo can't raid you.

Have no idea why Android can see ornaments though it can crash just as often as IOS so at some point you may also loose this feature. So in other words it's probably a waste of time buying these things unless for the sole purpose of cloaking buildings.

This was reported in the forums when Android was released along with the other differences.

James_mac
08-21-2012, 07:32 AM
im still wondering if decorations are meant to also slightly boost your defense/attack. I remember reading somewhere on the barbed wire fences something about it provides protection against ground troops. If they do then that could very well be why the dont show, so enemies wont see what extra bits of protection you might have

im pretty sure thats just BS

Maverick50727
08-21-2012, 01:00 PM
im still wondering if decorations are meant to also slightly boost your defense/attack. I remember reading somewhere on the barbed wire fences something about it provides protection against ground troops. If they do then that could very well be why the dont show, so enemies wont see what extra bits of protection you might haveWhoever said that was yanking your chain. Decorations add no value to defense at all. In fact they are not even in the same file as defense buildings and have no item_defense or item_defense_iso_radius settings.

Would be nice, but is bogus.

dthfrmabv
08-21-2012, 09:13 PM
2 days ago a guy posted on my wall:

"add me so I can show my mate your pacman its the best thing I've ever seen man *his code* cheers"
And I was very confused as to how he could see my pacman when we all know we cant see each others. I asked him how he could actually see it. He just said he found me in his rivals list and had to post on my wall.

So i had my friend add me as allies and check it out. It shows up on her screen as well...

When did they change this? Was it from the update?

That's what I thought that you can't see decorations but today I saw in CC and MW two separate player's decorations... I thought it was an update but didn't see that on the rest...

Dreno33
08-21-2012, 10:59 PM
That's what I thought that you can't see decorations but today I saw in CC and MW two separate player's decorations... I thought it was an update but didn't see that on the rest...

cc everyone can see everyones decorations (besides CCHD on iPad)

Johnny70
08-21-2012, 11:06 PM
well she is an android user and it works. maybe he was too? i have no idea...
I have ipad2 i have hd version as well as standard def version installed be cause on standard def I can see everyones deco, on hd version I only see my own. it has always been that way.

Dreno33
08-22-2012, 12:13 AM
I have ipad2 i have hd version as well as standard def version installed be cause on standard def I can see everyones deco, on hd version I only see my own. it has always been that way.

for cc yes, that is what your are talking about yes?