PDA

View Full Version : Rivals list bracketing change

mxz
08-19-2012, 01:05 PM
I've noticed since the rivals list was fixed I'm seeing a lot more players with lower mafia counts.

Whereas before I'd see maybe 10% with lower mafia than myself; it's now maybe 50% (Gaussian distribution).

Just a note because this may expose a few no bankers to more powerful rivals. I'd also start assuming there is parity, at least within your own level, in seeing each other as rivals.

Swearengen
08-19-2012, 01:09 PM
My rivals list is all jacked up. I normally see a huge list but I am frequently only get a partial list (like 4 people), then a full list but the same people refresh after refresh. Just started after downloading new CC update....

imagineer
08-20-2012, 09:05 AM
I do have the same problem.
Always loading rivals list error occurred.
Some more I cannot see any level 500 rivals on my list.

Can someone help to explain?

mxz
08-20-2012, 10:03 AM
I do have the same problem.
Always loading rivals list error occurred.
Some more I cannot see any level 500 rivals on my list.

Can someone help to explain?I think it's what I was getting at in the first post - the distribution of rivals has shifted to be more Gaussian than higher mafia weighted.

The change also exposed babyt by fixing the mafia cloaking above 500. My guess is the server was looking for the x number of rivals below you in mafia count and the y number above. At 500 people would be bracketed in their actual # of mafia rather than a normalized 500. I'm assuming it's now been normalized. And the crashes? I don't know.

_dan_
08-20-2012, 10:07 AM
I can't explain what happened to your rival list but with my rival list I can say like this:

Last week, when they began new boss event, I found that CC was too slow to play, and the rival list was too annoying with so many people out of my range, I have to refresh many times to find the right target, that make things worse, CC is too slow and refresh make CC more slow.

At that time I thought if I were CC developer, I would make the rival list show only people I can attack, that will reduce the number of refresh, find/look for good targets, reduce the data send between client-server, reduce server load and then CC will be faster.

I think one or some CC developers were thinking the same as I did and they made that happen. That is what you have right now, the new rival list with only good targets for players, you don't have to refresh many time just to find someone you can attack/rob.

The reason why you see people with lower mobs ? Because you are too weak to see stronger people, even people with the same mobs as you also are stronger than you. you don't need to see them because you can't do anything to them anyway. (you can rob because the def stat is fake, but let deal with atk stats comparison)

mxz
08-20-2012, 10:12 AM
I like the thought but I don't think they'd sort by attack/defense scores. Some evidence to back up that claim is if you're in a middle mafia number 100-300 you're probably not seeing the strong 10 mafia or weak 500 players. I've noticed pretty much all of my rivals are within 90ish mafia of me. I've also noticed some folks much much stronger than everyone else at their level / mafia count.

_dan_
08-20-2012, 10:22 AM
If I were CC developers, I would simply make a atk range for comparison, people will be sorted follow the range.
ex: 0 - 10,000
10,000 - 20,000
20,000 - 50,000

(and of course players in rival list also show within level range as well.)

That would work. don't need to make things complicated.

Swearengen
08-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Don't think it is working that way Dan.

In the past i got a ton of rivals with 500 mafia...About 30% I could beat even though I am at around 310 mafia. now I never see anyone at 500.

likezzz
08-20-2012, 02:50 PM
in general, if you are under certain level, your rival lists contain players closer to your level/mafia. However, once you are at higher levels, the rival list becomes more generous to include more higher level players.

I like the thought but I don't think they'd sort by attack/defense scores. Some evidence to back up that claim is if you're in a middle mafia number 100-300 you're probably not seeing the strong 10 mafia or weak 500 players. I've noticed pretty much all of my rivals are within 90ish mafia of me. I've also noticed some folks much much stronger than everyone else at their level / mafia count.

Beardy
08-20-2012, 05:36 PM
If I were CC developers, I would simply make a atk range for comparison, people will be sorted follow the range.
ex: 0 - 10,000
10,000 - 20,000
20,000 - 50,000

(and of course players in rival list also show within level range as well.)

That would work. don't need to make things complicated.

I'm glad it's not sorted like that.