PDA

View Full Version : Promote the Forums

Mcdoc
08-19-2012, 12:57 PM
I've been coming across a lot of players above level 120 with some really crappy stats. They have good IPH - but looks like they have no strategy whatsoever. I feel sorry for them for not knowing how to play the game - but I have decided the best way to help them is to point them here - SO - I have been posting this on a lot of Sugar Walls lately:

. . "Lots of a tips & strategies that will improve your game and make it more fun to play can be found on the Modern War Forum: www.funzio.com/forum" . . .

My hope is that person and everyone who comes across their wall will stop by and take a look. It will help them - and over time if more people participate in the forum - maybe it will help the veiws and expressions here carry a little more weight.

Please join me on this challenge to post this message on every board you come across.

Everson25
08-19-2012, 01:21 PM
I will post on my wall. I received so much on this forum from you guys that one of ways to help others is to tell about forum through my wall.

ladyfizz27
08-19-2012, 01:26 PM
I will pass on the website too, I see many people at my level (74), with att and def below 2000. You guys on here have helped me so so much, so its only right to pass it on

Led
08-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Great idea Doc

Posted!!

negotiator
08-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Good idea, posted it on my wall

Romaro
08-19-2012, 03:53 PM
posted, great idea

Juaco
08-19-2012, 03:58 PM
But what if I find a really juicy target and point him here? Then he could get stronger than me and I lose a robbery target. More targets = more money which is enough to make me not do this unless the person is a friend of mine.

Ascent
08-19-2012, 04:05 PM
For those too lazy to type, just put

funzio.com/forum

Human curiosity will do the rest :D

dont forget, we are a generation already too averse to and suspicious of advertising

EDIT: or better yet put: <yourforumname> @ funzio.com/forum

Ascent @ funzio.com/forum

people are suckers for wanting to be members
they will want to know what they are missing out on

Poopenshire
08-19-2012, 04:21 PM
As of late i tend to make fun of their stats and point them here. More often i get a thanks back for not attacking them. Not sure how many make it or care to make it.

Ryan5100
08-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Good idea, posted it on my wall

Mcdoc
08-19-2012, 06:20 PM
The idea isn't to just post it on your wall - but post it on the walls of every person you come across. Some people I attack & then still post - some people I just post & move on without attacking. :)

Thunder Child
08-19-2012, 06:46 PM
For those too lazy to type, just put funzio.com/forumHuman curiosity will do the rest :Ddont forget, we are a generation already too averse to and suspicious of advertisingEDIT: or better yet put: @ funzio.com/forumAscent @ funzio.com/forumpeople are suckers for wanting to be members they will want to know what they are missing out onReached out to a dozen or so using this idea, Ascent. See if they make it the Forum or perhaps get in touch in-game.

Ascent
08-19-2012, 07:58 PM
The idea isn't to just post it on your wall - but post it on the walls of every person you come across. Some people I attack & then still post - some people I just post & move on without attacking. :)

Yeah, lets hire some guys with 200,000 attack stats to post this:

"I could have levelled your base,
but I left this nice message instead.
Go visit the forums

NOW!!!"

:D

Buggs1a
08-19-2012, 08:19 PM
I've been coming across a lot of players above level 120 with some really crappy stats. They have good IPH - but looks like they have no strategy whatsoever. I feel sorry for them for not knowing how to play the game - but I have decided the best way to help them is to point them here - SO - I have been posting this on a lot of Sugar Walls lately:

. . "Lots of a tips & strategies that will improve your game and make it more fun to play can be found on the Modern War Forum: www.funzio.com/forum" . . .

My hope is that person and everyone who comes across their wall will stop by and take a look. It will help them - and over time if more people participate in the forum - maybe it will help the veiws and expressions here carry a little more weight.

Please join me on this challenge to post this message on every board you come across.

They're playing how they want to not how you think it should be played.
Man it's not right to say someone doesn't know how to play. I'm sure they all know. It's easy.

Thunder Child
08-19-2012, 09:38 PM
They're playing how they want to not how you think it should be played. Man it's not right to say someone doesn't know how to play. I'm sure they all know. It's easy.That's not the point that is being made. There are clear cases of very weak players at high levels who may or may not be benefiting from the information available in the Forum. The idea is to knock on a few doors and announce that it is here. If they already know, nothing lost; if they are blissfully unaware - as I suspect many are - they may, IF THEY CHOOSE - make their way over here to pick up whatever help THEY CHOOSE! Something wrong with trying to help others, Buggs?

Ryans67
08-19-2012, 09:46 PM
They don't know or they don't care. I'm shocked at how many people just want to do the pve missions and be left alone. I try and help people if they comment something positive to me first, but I dont outright solicit much. Plus if those weaklings get too strong, how am I gonna earn valor? ;)

Tate
08-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Ryan's, of they get stronger, you'll get more bps. Having pointed that out, if you don't want to do it, don't. Each of us will make up our own minds. I have done this for weak players that I have come across, many times. Some post back with a thanks and the rest may check it out but I haven't had anyone raise hell with me for trying to help and some have become allies. Whatever floats your boat!

jeffrey
08-19-2012, 11:03 PM
But what if I find a really juicy target and point him here? Then he could get stronger than me and I lose a robbery target. More targets = more money which is enough to make me not do this unless the person is a friend of mine.

Bud Light, I like your honesty, bottom up.

mickymacirl
08-20-2012, 01:12 AM
I tend to do that a lot McDoc, but with the way the game is going lately - I'd rather not subject people to the horror of what's really going on.

Lt. Falcon
08-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Over the last few days, I have come across high level players (lvl 85+) and low lvl players (around 30-35) and have had to refer them here because of various reasons. Yesterday, I am guessing I was blind attacked on my HLP and when I went back through attack (the only way I could see the stats of the rival) I noticed on the outcome screen he used only 692 units and had 279 allies. I suggested either he buy 400+ units or drop 100+ allies and dropped the forum web address. As for the low level gold spenders, I have repeatedly told low gold spenders to hold off on buying "gold" units and money buildings and to get the composite factory, however they don't want to listen. I will usually check out the rivals that attack me and offer up suggestions, like stop buying rangers and jeeps and buy or get higher stat units. I have to advise upper level player on the importance of boost buildings as a UK player (lvl 85) had no naval research facility. As much of this is elementary information, players not reading the forums sometimes just don't have a clue. I have gotten several responses as simple "tx for the advice" to many ally requests.

Maverick50727
08-21-2012, 11:25 PM
I tend to do that a lot McDoc, but with the way the game is going lately - I'd rather not subject people to the horror of what's really going on.

LMAO. Good one.

Yes, McDoc thanks for the reminder. I used to have the link on my wall, but got bumped. I haven't gone out of way to spam walls to let people know, but I have offered help to many who I've hit who came back with WTFs. I've told them to look at the forum and some have PMed me so I know they did. I share info with people to make better rivals for challenge. I like to play on a level playing field. The information is there, how and if they use it is up to them.

I'll spread the word more though.

Baraka
08-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Gunna get it posted now. Great idea.

Jhoemel
08-22-2012, 12:02 AM
I offered the forums to some guys in the past but they are too lazy to go to the forums

Lt. Falcon
08-22-2012, 08:11 AM
If you leave personal tips and advice on their walls they generally will reply with a thanks and often times an ally request. I have been doing this quite a bit lately by suggesting boost buildings for player whose inventory is strong in certain categories or based on their country. I have offered tips on what units to purchase to increase unit density by factoring in nation boosts. I have suggested key money, unit and boost upgrades mostly to rivals of my llp. I have suggested for players who have bought gold units to invest in the composites factory as this is the better investment. I have left the web address for the forum on rival walls and have seen some rivals join recently and use the tips to strengthen up.

@mcdoc...great thread you started, I enjoy helping others and this was a great idea...btw, I was offering tips and advice on rival walls before this.

cheiz
08-23-2012, 05:22 AM
Very good idea McDoc! I'm going with Ascent's shorter version for lazy people! lol!

joaquim
08-23-2012, 05:49 PM

I agree with this.

Dreno33
08-23-2012, 06:02 PM

if this move brings another flan here, I will look to Spiderman to save us

Dr. Dengus
08-23-2012, 06:03 PM
if this move brings another flan here, I will look to Spiderman to save us

His species is able to breed?

Dreno33
08-23-2012, 06:05 PM
His species is able to breed?

they're like dam toads. if they cant find a partner they will adapt and some turn into females and breed with the others. also, they come in plagues...