PDA

View Full Version : Open Late? No - I'm not talking about Wendy's

Mcdoc
08-18-2012, 12:51 PM
A few people have told me they get better luck on opening crates when they don't rush to open them right when the timer goes down to zero. I have noticed that I also get more successful opens when I'm away from my iPad for 2 or 3 hours I seem to get an item more often - but with the cash option - if I open right after I get a push notification that I have a crate ready to open - I seem to get a lot more "Sorries"

Just curious if anyone else is seeing a similar pattern.

Zoltarov
08-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Well i am sort of boycotting the event, but i have these stock of crates so i went for free opens. Just to test and hopefully not getting a grunt. So far i am totally not rushing got 3 items in a day and some sorries. No loot items or valor. I tried at the most 8 free opens.

Giedrybe
08-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Really hard to say. Once I thought "a bit late" tactics was working for me, but then got some sorries in a row and got open just after timer finished... So at that moment I decided that luck factor is too hard to test.

Selfproclaimed
08-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Yes, me too. If I do it as time runs down. I always get a sorry. If I leave it alone for a couple hrs, I usually get a part.

Arizona
08-18-2012, 01:30 PM
A few people have told me they get better luck on opening crates when they don't rush to open them right when the timer goes down to zero. I have noticed that I also get more successful opens when I'm away from my iPad for 2 or 3 hours I seem to get an item more often - but with the cash option - if I open right after I get a push notification that I have a crate ready to open - I seem to get a lot more "Sorries"

Just curious if anyone else is seeing a similar pattern.
Mc D Are you serious?
You're beginning to sound like there's some supernatural force behind opens. If I do this before I do that that I get an open. Geeeeeeeez!

Come on, you look like an intelligent guy. You should know by now the only sure fire way to guarantee an open is to take your apple device (doesn't work with Android) to the bathroom, look in the mirror while you attempt an open and chant Funzio five times in the mirror. Thought that was a given!

Bronson
08-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Who's Wendy??

Dr. Dengus
08-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Who's Wendy??

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/56/Wendy's_logo.svg/220px-Wendy's_logo.svg.png

Burger joint here in the states.

Mcdoc
08-18-2012, 01:53 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/56/Wendy's_logo.svg/220px-Wendy's_logo.svg.png
Burger joint here in the states.They have an Ad campaign that says: "Wendy's - Open Late".

Mcdoc
08-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Mc D Are you serious?You're beginning to sound like there's some supernatural force behind opens. If I do this before I do that that I get an open!I was just pointing out that several people have now said the same thing happens to them - just an observation on my part and asking if others have had the same observation.

Just like I have pointed out that it seems in the first 10 hours of an event - it is WAY easier to get up to 9 than the next 300 hours. That's why people refer to it as the "McDoc Method".

Dr. Dengus
08-18-2012, 01:58 PM
They have an Ad campaign that says: "Wendy's - Open Late".

I tried looking for that when I typed Wendy's into google images, but didn't show up on the first page so I gave up lol.

Selfproclaimed
08-18-2012, 01:58 PM
How come they haven't tier'ed the loot units. Because really, what good is a supply frigate ,armoured charger going to do

Mcdoc
08-18-2012, 02:04 PM
How come they haven't tier'ed the loot units. Because really, what good is a supply frigate ,armoured charger going to doI asked Chief Pepe that exact question - and also included the fact that winning a Tree Sniper, Satelite Truck, or other low stat Boobie prizes when at level 156 I win a battle against someone also in the 150's is a total waste of programming and just clutters up my inventory.

CCM's reply was that It would take weeks of programming to go in and change the Battle Loot to tiered loot based on your stats or level and that they were already swamped with much higher priority coding issues.

To me it seems simple - they already programmed the game to not give you an extra Ally as a boobie prize during the crate events after you reach level 80 - so how hard would it be to program the game to where after level 80 - you get those amazing prizes we had for about 5 days like the Predator Sub and a few others - once you hit level 80.

It doesn't have to be a complicated Matrix with 6 different tiers of prizes - just one for the kids at the little table and one for the grown-ups at the big table (sorry - just a reference to Thanksgiving dinner at my Grandmother's house - no offense to LLP's)

Also seems like a good incentive to encourage people to level up ,

Arizona
08-18-2012, 02:25 PM
I was just pointing out that several people have now said the same thing happens to them - just an observation on my part and asking if others have had the same observation.

Just like I have pointed out that it seems in the first 10 hours of an event - it is WAY easier to get up to 9 than the next 300 hours. That's why people refer to it as the "McDoc Method".
I understand, and I wasn't trying to ridicule you. It is a fair point and I've noticed people mention the McD method. I just couldn't help myself when a picture of the Candyman came into my head, imagining how to get boxes to open.:cool:

azy
08-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Our little McDoc is all grown up :)

Mcdoc
08-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Off topic (I guess I'm gonna hijack my Own thread) but Arizona - your avatar looks like a big egg about to hatch that is oozing some glowing radiative material. Maybe someo sort of Alien Being about to hatch? Just curious in case it is some other reference I am totally missing.

Mcdoc
08-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Our little McDoc is all grown up :)

Azy - 210 Posts - McDoc - 1339 Posts.

Umm - I think I'm more like an Uncle than a little Nephew. IDK - maybe the 1100 extra post I have on you were just mindless ramblings - LoL

Not that the number of posts is a real measure - one word: Flan.

Jhoemel
08-18-2012, 02:37 PM
That happened to me a couple of times man. When i was away from my ipad and open the crate sometimes I get a part

Arizona
08-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Off topic (I guess I'm gonna hijack my Own thread) but Arizona - your avatar looks like a big egg about to hatch that is oozing some glowing radiative material. Maybe someo sort of Alien Being about to hatch? Just curious in case it is some other reference I am totally missing.
Nahh! I'm no face hugger, cept with my girl. I've had three avatars and none are chosen for any other reason than they're aesthetically interesting. Just love the 1979 Alien poster.

Corsair
08-18-2012, 03:21 PM
I asked Chief Pepe that exact question - and also included the fact that winning a Tree Sniper, Satelite Truck, or other low stat Boobie prizes when at level 156 I win a battle against someone also in the 150's is a total waste of programming and just clutters up my inventory.

CCM's reply was that It would take weeks of programming to go in and change the Battle Loot to tiered loot based on your stats or level and that they were already swamped with much higher priority coding issues.

To me it seems simple - they already programmed the game to not give you an extra Ally as a boobie prize during the crate events after you reach level 80 - so how hard would it be to program the game to where after level 80 - you get those amazing prizes we had for about 5 days like the Predator Sub and a few others - once you hit level 80.

It doesn't have to be a complicated Matrix with 6 different tiers of prizes - just one for the kids at the little table and one for the grown-ups at the big table (sorry - just a reference to Thanksgiving dinner at my Grandmother's house - no offense to LLP's)

Also seems like a good incentive to encourage people to level up ,You're right, CCM is either full of it or being fed a load of it from devs, that would be an easy change, just add a player level check and feed in some new unit IDs. Easy change. Days, not weeks.

Ascent
08-18-2012, 03:49 PM
You're right, CCM is either full of it or being fed a load of it from devs, that would be an easy change, just add a player level check and feed in some new unit IDs. Easy change. Days, not weeks.

Well, after being in game development for over 30 years, I must say a lot of times seemingly trivial changes are not so easy to implement if the code was not prepared for it ahead of time... Programmers do not necessarily lie about how hard it is, although they like to overestimate the tasks and sometimes a few well placed questions will nudge their creativity in problem solving...

As to CCM... I think he is between the rock and a hard place. He has no power to direct, yet he seems not to understand, that most of his answers are non-answers. That to have a player community one needs open dialog and honesty rather than secrecy. On the other side, maybe this is how he keeps his sanity... by not realizing this... otherwise one would have either got seriously depressed in that kind of environment or quit.

John Snow
08-18-2012, 05:01 PM
I was just pointing out that several people have now said the same thing happens to them - just an observation on my part and asking if others have had the same observation.

I see the same pattern with one exception (see below). My first open in the morning always seems to be the most likely successful open of the day. And it definitely seems to be more difficult to get opens in the latter days of the event regardless if I'm trying for #10 or #5.

I'm on West Coast time and the events usually pop around midnight, so if I get 3 attempts in the first 10 hours, I've done good.

Zoltarov
08-18-2012, 05:09 PM
10 free opens got my 5th part. I deliberately wait minimum 30 minutes before i hit the free button. In between I open the event screen a couple of times neglecting the hit buttons to challenge the event, that i am not playing it. When the 30 minutes or more is over, I hit the free button. So far 5 sorries, 5 parts. Only free.

Btw I am refusing to believe number 250 is still at 10 almost like a constant, with worldwide so many players. They want us to believe that. The top 25 are constantly increasing the numbers. Then 2 days before ending the parts for number 250 will be suddenly increasing. In the end it will be a real number matching the players. But in between it is just make believe.

Selfproclaimed
08-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Even if it was at 10. The concept is still the same. It's soo close to convince people if they spend a lil gold, they might have a shot at the top 250 . That is until they realize there's still 4 days left and by the time it ends,their hopes have died ,along with their money

MonkeyPuppy2012
08-18-2012, 07:52 PM
I have 33 crates to open and am only opening with free because of the boycott.....
I have opened a bunch, but only have 9 successful opens....
I do not like the new event..

Costs too much gold

Agent Orange
08-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Well, after being in game development for over 30 years, I must say a lot of times seemingly trivial changes are not so easy to implement if the code was not prepared for it ahead of time... Programmers do not necessarily lie about how hard it is, although they like to overestimate the tasks and sometimes a few well placed questions will nudge their creativity in problem solving...

As to CCM... I think he is between the rock and a hard place. He has no power to direct, yet he seems not to understand, that most of his answers are non-answers. That to have a player community one needs open dialog and honesty rather than secrecy. On the other side, maybe this is how he keeps his sanity... by not realizing this... otherwise one would have either got seriously depressed in that kind of environment or quit.

Maybe it was the free massages? Kidding aside I get them as part of my benefits and it is wonderful!

I also notice that everything is always a big secret, granted if you can believe it, it was a lot worse during the early stages of the game, what we see now is a huge improvement. Though this is still plenty of room for more.

Agent Orange
08-18-2012, 09:23 PM
The two players that are now leading the event I've never heard of before. Are they lower level players?

Corsair
08-18-2012, 11:28 PM

As to CCM... I think he is between the rock and a hard place. He has no power to direct, yet he seems not to understand, that most of his answers are non-answers. That to have a player community one needs open dialog and honesty rather than secrecy. On the other side, maybe this is how he keeps his sanity... by not realizing this... otherwise one would have either got seriously depressed in that kind of environment or quit.I have been in and around coding/SW development almost as long. You are right that sometimes what seems simple is not. I also know if they don't want to do it they give some crazy estimate, and pad estimates, and drag their asses and don't test and...well, you see where I am coming from. No new interfaces, no new GUI elements, no major redesign etc. If something like this would take weeks their code must truly suck.

Yeah, I am in CC Mark's position myself. I somehow manage to keep clients happy despite repeated delays, bugs, etc. And I ain't getting any massages.

Ryans67
08-19-2012, 08:39 AM
The two players that are now leading the event I've never heard of before. Are they lower level players?

Ferr is on the boards. I'm not sure of his level though.