PDA

View Full Version : Defense calculations

Ascent
08-18-2012, 09:04 AM
I remember there was a thead (KoD if I am not mistaken) about the theoretical max attack and defense stats achivable.

Now, I want to discuss the practical achievable side. I describe what I did and what my thoughts are, so I can solicit your insights :)

I got 2000 MLRSs as defense (collected 600,000 valor).

It currently gives me 37 x 10% nation boost x 10% Electronics x 12% Composite

= 50.1424 density x 2000 = 100,284 defense value

(this is dedicated defense, they do not participate in attacks)

Once I do all the upgrades I can get:

37 x 10% nation boost x 20% Electronics x 20% Composite

= 58.608 density x 2000 = 117,216 defense value

Now, at this time the best (and pretty much the only) cash unit defense I can buy is the Aircraft Carrier... however, without the Naval Research Center boost upgraded, it will not add to my defense due to the MLRSs' already over 50 density.

Plus, buying ACs at $5M a pop takes forever to build any serious defense (I can buy 5 a day)

Which leaves me with the problem: there is nothing available for cash stronger than the AC. I must continue with Valor units.

I do have the chopper unlocked (defense = 48?) and I can buy about a 150 of them now with my currently remaining valor.

However, to get more valor I must do the "499 or higher" missions.

To do PVP I risk a minimum of $200,000 per each casualty per each shot (all the demolitions protecting the MLRSs)

I must do about 90+ wins to get the next 2000 valor (four helicopters).

To unlock more dense valor units I must get to Major (halfway there, but very slow going)

To win Gold units, I must do the Boss missions (currently possible to Level 8) and the common and uncommon loot is not worth it since they wont add to the defense.

So:

Cash is no use, as 5 ACs a day will take a year and a half to get 2000 of them and still only raises my density by 8 points over MLRSs at the end :)

Valor is either prohibitively cash expensive (although if there is nothing else I can buy with cash, might as well spend it on valor)

What remains is milking abbandoned high level accounts hoping to minimize or avoid casualties?

Hellstorm
08-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Hi ascent, quick question, whats electronics? I used to have 1800 mslrs, but they died all out, now I have something like 970. Even though half of them are gone my stats went up buying the high valor units. If you would have asked me first before you bought all those dying flies I would have told you to buy less, aaalot less and save your valor untill you can get some ops helis. Well let me know how its goes... Thats by far the highest casualty unit I have ever had.

Zoltarov
08-18-2012, 12:11 PM
@Hellstorm

Electronics factory: increases ground unit power

Mcdoc
08-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Hi ascent, quick question, whats electronics? I used to have 1800 mslrs, but they died all out, now I have something like 970. Even though half of them are gone my stats went up buying the high valor units. If you would have asked me first before you bought all those dying flies I would have told you to buy less, aaalot less and save your valor untill you can get some ops helis. Well let me know how its goes... Thats by far the highest casualty unit I have ever had.Those Ops Choppers died on me pretty fast. I had 1200 SH's and bought 45 choppers - and lost ALL 45 choppers in a couple of days. They died way quicker than my SH's which was a total shock to me.

Now I maintain my SH's at around 900 - 910 and I'm able to keep them up. My lowest casualty rate on a Valor unit has been the BP Boat unit - creeping up on 150 of them and have only lost about 5 in 6 weeks.

Hellstorm
08-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Zoltarov... Thank you, now I feel dumb

Hellstorm
08-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Mcdog, I guess they all die fast. See my ops choppers are doing fine. Maybe five dead each day, not too bad.

Zoltarov
08-18-2012, 12:41 PM
I always spread my units, never too many of one type. The most I have of one type is 110 SH.Never losing units when raiding rivals to 75% of my strenght. When I unlocked the SH at early level 40's I bought to many for my army then, resulting in casualties. Since I do the spreading and also because my stats raised more then my rivals i hardly suffer losses.Also i have my skillpoints mainly in attack and defense invested.

Mcdoc
08-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Mcdog, I guess they all die fast. See my ops choppers are doing fine. Maybe five dead each day, not too bad.5 a day vs 1 a week - I think I'll stick to the BP boat - I already upgraded my Naval Research center to level 9 to get more Bang out of my Boats :) even though I'm Russia for the Air Boost.

Ryans67
08-18-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm Russia and using SSD for defense. My max stats with those (if I had 1,900) would be around 110k, counting my gold units. I stopped using the elite choppers because they seem to die everytime I attack or raid someone. I think I'm down to 180ish. I'm banking valor for the boat, which will probably be the last valor unit I use.

The problem with doing PVP to purchase EOH's is that eventually you'll start losing those instead of the demolitions. I'd love it if I had a cash unit to lose instead of valor units...

Ascent
08-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Hi ascent, quick question, whats electronics? I used to have 1800 mslrs, but they died all out, now I have something like 970. Even though half of them are gone my stats went up buying the high valor units. If you would have asked me first before you bought all those dying flies I would have told you to buy less, aaalot less and save your valor untill you can get some ops helis. Well let me know how its goes... Thats by far the highest casualty unit I have ever had.

I was amply warned about the casualty rate of the MLRS beforehand... I still decided to do my own thing. They do not participate in attacks, so they only die when I am being attacked or raided. And this was the fastest and most effective (cheapest) way to jump from 30K to over 100K defense. Finally, I wanted to spend all the valor on defense only, as I do not want to use valor in my attack army. The helicopter would have been hard to keep out of attacks.

Plus, I do not see my MLRSs falling like flies, just like I did not see my 2000 ambulance defense falling either. Maybe they are falling because you take them to battle?

Ryans67
08-18-2012, 04:22 PM
I think the casualty rates must be modified for defensive purposes rather then attacking. I'll attack someone with similar stats and will lose 3-4 units each time. They will lose either one unit or nothing. Just doesn't seem like the casualties match. Same thing with my news feed, I'll lose a unit every 1-3 lost attacks, which isn't as bad as when I attack.

Hellstorm
08-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Yeah I take lot of them into attack, but the majority of lossEs occured during attacks on me. Some attackers I noticed there is a greater casualty rate than others. There have been times where i lost 10 of them being the defender. But i have the high casualty glitch... So might be different with you

manbeast
08-20-2012, 11:26 AM
I was amply warned about the casualty rate of the MLRS beforehand... I still decided to do my own thing. They do not participate in attacks, so they only die when I am being attacked or raided. And this was the fastest and most effective (cheapest) way to jump from 30K to over 100K defense. Finally, I wanted to spend all the valor on defense only, as I do not want to use valor in my attack army. The helicopter would have been hard to keep out of attacks.

Plus, I do not see my MLRSs falling like flies, just like I did not see my 2000 ambulance defense falling either. Maybe they are falling because you take them to battle?

You get into a scuttle with a pirate or a low casualty glitcher and you will lose 200 of them in a couple days. Happened to me with military ambulances. Had 500 of them, got in a battle with 2 low cad glitchers, by the end of the week only had 230 military ambulances. Lost them all during raids bc te glitchers couldn't win attacks on me. And I won about 60% of the raids.

Warfiend
08-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Some attackers I noticed there is a greater casualty rate than others. There have been times where i lost 10 of them being the defender.

have you noticed if those attackers had a higher number of b52s, hovercrafts, or other units with "strong against ground"?

Kara T
08-20-2012, 11:38 AM
What about defense buildings?.....they count towards your defense stats, and take a ton of cash and time to upgrade.

manbeast
08-20-2012, 11:57 AM
What about defense buildings?.....they count towards your defense stats, and take a ton of cash and time to upgrade.

With 100k defense stat... Defense buildings are insignificant. I wish their power increased with lvl or something to make them useful. Or if you could buy an unlimited number of them. But with the current system, buying every single defense building might give you like 1k defense? Not worth the space or money IMO. Def. not worth upgrade time.