PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: This Could Happen To You

ckos
08-18-2012, 01:11 AM
First off, I'll give two versions:

#1: A.D.D. Version

I got permanently banned just a couple of days before the last "10 crate" event. I proved them wrong regarding their allogations, and stated I wanted to be compensated for Funzio/Gree's wrongly banning me.

#2: Detailed Version

So days before the last "10 crate" event, I was unable to log into MW and a pop up stated I had to contact Funzio. Their reply to me was that I had been permanently banned due to their detection of "Fraudulent in-app purchases" during the previous gold sale.

So I sent the iTunes receipts to them hoping to get it resolved before the crate event started. NOT A CHANCE! In my panic, I contacted CCM to help get this resolved, and I wanted an explanation how this could happen to someone who's been playing fair, and has bought vaults of gold in the past, supporting MW.

1-2 hours before the event ended, they lifted my ban, stating that even though their servers still showed that the purchases weren't "actually paid for", they will lift the ban due to my receipts.

I sent a pm to CCM saying that it was unfair and that I lost A LOT due to this Funzio error. Upgrade time, in-game cash, and most importantly, the prizes from the event...yes, I use the Mcdoc method, and it does work...previous crate event, all 10 items in about 15 minutes.

CCM stated that I didn't really prove that I didn't cheat, and besides, they don't compensate banned players. So I sent a statement of my credit card and support said to something like "Hm, I guess you did pay".

No sorry no nothing from Funzio. Regarding compensation, my question is what about players that you wrongly ban? Does Funzio feel any regret or obligation to fix a wrong? CCM, are you out there? You didn't reply to my last pm.

Am I wrong for feeling cheated and not compensated? I feel especially screwed due to there being no more 10 crate events.

Thunder Child
08-18-2012, 01:14 AM
Yet another deep, deep sigh at the state of things and where this great game is heading....

Giedrybe
08-18-2012, 01:45 AM
Wow, I am really sorry to hear this, ckos. You can forget event prizes, but you definitely deserve apologies and at least some game cash/upgrades/gold compensation. I still don't understand why they are so eager to make some of gold spenders mad... It is really possible to avoid majority of the cases I hear about.

JMC
08-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Apparently a sh!t ton of gold players have been getting banned for fraudulent purchases. 95% of them seem to be false bans. What's up with that? Something going on lately?

Also have no idea why Funzio/GREE refuses to give compensation for serious issues such as banning or huge mess-ups on tweaks/updates/events. Yet they agree to compensate everyone for their personal misclicks and other little problems. Not saying the compensation they do give is a bad thing, but why can't they compensate people when it really matters as well.

Ascent
08-18-2012, 08:30 AM
I never ever ask them for any compensation.

I just describe what happened, how much money was lost, what is the bug or problem...

They ALWAYS feel bad enough to compensate me lavishly :)

I am certain, that asking for compensation or blaming them will simply trigger their self-defense reactions which makes it really hard on them to admit anything or do the right thing.

SoccerStud
08-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Its impossible to get in app purchases for free on a sever sided game. I think they just made something up to ban you!

Selfproclaimed
08-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Ascent, I heard you got banned?

Ascent
08-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Ascent, I heard you got banned?

I got banned from the Forums for 3 days... for "A Good Bugreport is Important" thread.

I was worth it :D

SoccerStud
08-18-2012, 08:41 AM
I got banned from the Forums for 3 days... for "A Good Bugreport is Important" thread.

I was worth it :D
Oh that's why! We were all wondering. Did Gree ever reply to that

marebear
08-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Just had this happen to me and came thru the other side. First send in all iTunes receipts. Apple will resend any you don't have. Second contact cj thru funzio support not thru here. Third, be patient and NICE. They aren't doing this maliciously. Fourth: I was Very Generously compensated for my missed events.. Probably because I was NiCe And Patient. More flies with honey and all that. Be nice.. Trust me!

Ascent
08-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Oh that's why! We were all wondering. Did Gree ever reply to that

Yes, said they will bump my NPP by two levels as a compensation for the aborted upgrade process, but prolly made a mistake because they actually upped it by three levels :) sweet 200,000 income every 3 hours :D

mickymacirl
08-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Apparently a sh!t ton of gold players have been getting banned for fraudulent purchases. 95% of them seem to be false bans. What's up with that? Something going on lately?

Also have no idea why Funzio/GREE refuses to give compensation for serious issues such as banning or huge mess-ups on tweaks/updates/events. Yet they agree to compensate everyone for their personal misclicks and other little problems. Not saying the compensation they do give is a bad thing, but why can't they compensate people when it really matters as well.

A Russia hacker a while back used an DHS hack to allow people to make fake purchases, he basically replicated IN-APP server side code and fooled APPs into thinking purchases were legitimate.

I'm sure some of the legitimate purchases during the time this worked, are showing up as illegitimate for Funzio. I'd take it up with Apple.

marebear
08-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Apple will refund your money for your purchase but that is it. They cannot fix your game. I just went they this. Took about a week and some change for support to fix it.

ckos
08-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Its impossible to get in app purchases for free on a sever sided game. I think they just made something up to ban you!

Funny you said that.

The only thing that happened, was me sending in a ticket for the gold bonus incentive. I got my reply from CJ denying the bonus, and the next day I was banned. I really don't think that was the case though.

Other wise there would have been many more customers banned. Wouldn't you think?

ckos
08-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Just had this happen to me and came thru the other side. First send in all iTunes receipts. Apple will resend any you don't have. Second contact cj thru funzio support not thru here. Third, be patient and NICE. They aren't doing this maliciously. Fourth: I was Very Generously compensated for my missed events.. Probably because I was NiCe And Patient. More flies with honey and all that. Be nice.. Trust me!

I've done all this. This began on the 28th of July. I've held posting this thread this long to give Fuzio the benefit of the doubt. I didn't send my credit card receipt until Aug 12, thinking my iTunes receipt was proof enough. the last time I heard anything from Funzio was aug 7, when CCM suggested me sending my credit card receipt in to support.

I don't think I've been pushy or an ass, though I did state how much I lost during the ban and implied/suggested that maybe they should do something to correct their error.

marebear
08-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Is your ticket still open? Have you been cleared? I would add to that ticket, or send in a new ticket. Put in the title Attn. CJ. Include your iTunes receipts and explain how you purchased gold and was mistakenly banned. Tell them what events you missed out on because of the false ban. Ask them nicely to compensate you for the events you missed out on.

Lawyer
08-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Does anyone know where Funzo is incorporated or doing business? I have a way to get their attention.

Poopenshire
08-18-2012, 06:08 PM
San Francisco. Atleast as Funzio. They are now owned by Gree a Japanese company.

Ryans67
08-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Does anyone know where Funzo is incorporated or doing business? I have a way to get their attention.

Lol. I've thought about it..... I just don't have time to deal with it at the moment. I work within an hours drive of their headquarters.

Ascent
08-18-2012, 07:01 PM

Might as well mention the Assault Bear or what was the name of that #10 prize which boosts ground unit attack stats... i find it outrageous that they do an event without having a working prize and then simply crap on us for so long... I do not have the unit, but feel for those who do. I would be in small claims court by now.

Selfproclaimed
08-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Or put a bag of poo on their doorstep

MonkeyPuppy2012
08-18-2012, 07:05 PM
We all know that Glee is running This game into the ground...
Start looking for a new game, then you won't feel bad when this ones kicks your bootie

Lawyer
08-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Lol. I've thought about it..... I just don't have time to deal with it at the moment. I work within an hours drive of their headquarters.

I am not suggesting a face to face confrontation at their headquarters.... But a nice little well worded lawsuit.... One that I certainly could draft up...yes Fuzio/GREE I am I real attorney.... I bet I can get your attention really fast being you are in my home State.

Corsair
08-18-2012, 11:44 PM
I am not suggesting a face to face confrontation at their headquarters.... But a nice little well worded lawsuit.... One that I certainly could draft up...yes Fuzio/GREE I am I real attorney.... I bet I can get your attention really fast being you are in my home State.I think it's only a matter of time before this happens. All these events are just another form of gambling, except with gambling you're supposed to know the odds, or at least be assured the game isn't rigged. You get neither from these events. They've already been nailed for this in Japan.

Blackstone
08-18-2012, 11:46 PM
Have iTunes refund your money, delete the app and never look back.

dthfrmabv
08-18-2012, 11:55 PM

San Francisco. Atleast as Funzio. They are now owned by Gree a Japanese company.

I think Funzio is probably a subsidiary company.So in case something happens to them Gree wont be directly liable only Funzio's board or management.

mickymacirl
08-19-2012, 12:04 AM
I have already consulted Apple in relation to receiving refunds.

Vballmadam
08-19-2012, 12:12 AM
I have already consulted Apple in relation to receiving refunds.

Have they answered you?

mickymacirl
08-19-2012, 12:19 AM
Yes they have, also looking into reports of issues with a new form of fake IN APP hack that I suspect people on here have been using for months.

Vballmadam
08-19-2012, 12:22 AM
What time is it in Ireland right now? It is 12:20 am here

mickymacirl
08-19-2012, 12:22 AM
What time is it in Ireland right now? It is 12:20 am here

8:22am! Sunday morning

Samantha Turtle
08-19-2012, 08:43 AM
Just had this happen to me and came thru the other side. First send in all iTunes receipts. Apple will resend any you don't have. Second contact cj thru Funzio support not thru here. Third, be patient and NICE. They aren't doing this maliciously. Fourth: I was Very Generously compensated for my missed events.. Probably because I was NiCe And Patient. More flies with honey and all that. Be nice.. Trust me!

I agree. I had no access to one account for several days and one for over 2 weeks! I had multiple stuff ups at their end but in the end when I got the email saying what had been done my jaw dropped! I have had a number of experiences like this and while often it has gone from being nice but ignored... to getting louder and angrier I have always been happy with the final outcome of errors. So much so that an odd little one here or there that doesn't resolve proplerly I'll now move on.

John Snow
08-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Here's an article from this past spring in the NY Times that touches on the real problem:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/16/technology/pressure-on-apple-builds-over-app-store-fraud.html?pagewanted=all

Every iApp game developer is besieged with fake/fraudulent payments. Unfortunately, this Apple/Funzio problem is causing some collateral damage as ckos has learned...

Lawyer
08-19-2012, 10:59 AM
I think Funzio is probably a subsidiary company.So in case something happens to them Gree wont be directly liable only Funzio's board or management.

That does not provide a level of Protection at all and in fact it makes them vulnerable to US laws and jurisdiction. Whenever a company does business in the US they concede jurisdiction and agree to abide by all the laws and regulations that govern the US and the State for which they reside. I assure you that the consumer protection laws and those laws that govern electronic media and gaming are far more developed here in the US ....especially here in California ( thanks to Sicone Valley for that).

Poopenshire
08-19-2012, 11:25 AM
That does not provide a level of Protection at all and in fact it makes them vulnerable to US laws and jurisdiction. Whenever a company does business in the US they concede jurisdiction and agree to abide by all the laws and regulations that govern the US and the State for which they reside. I assure you that the consumer protection laws and those laws that govern electronic media and gaming are far more developed here in the US ....especially here in California ( thanks to Sicone Valley for that).

500 Howard Street Suite 425 San Francisco, CA*94105

Poopenshire
08-19-2012, 11:25 AM
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=132370041

dthfrmabv
08-19-2012, 12:23 PM

My humble thoughts on this - while it is correct to say that any entity engaging business in ANY foreign state must abide by the natural laws of that state. Having this in mindit it is exactly the reason why I said Funzio is a subsidiary company of Gree. The parent/subsidiary relationship that Gree established (rather than consuming Funzio) protects them from being directly liable (corporate veil) for Funzio's action that breaks any US law - should there be any. It is unfortunate, that while we have one of the most developed laws and regulations in commerce in the world, without going to an elaborate detail, it precisely because of this that it makes it harder to go after the parent company.

Being a parent of the subsidiary makes them 100% share owners of the subsidiary. Thus giving them control. But they are not necessarily the same company. Under US law,a shareholder is in no way liable to the actions of the Company that one owns shares of.

The exception to this which can be argued under the doctrine "alter ego" is when Gree and Funzio becomes indistinguishable entities - i.e. same board or same management; same address, letter heads, etc. etc. Therefore removing the protection in which Gree's enjoy under the rule of parent/subsidiary relationship.

Wonder why Funzio didn's change its name to Gree after being bought out... reason is above.

I might be just be talking crap here and like what I said just my humble thoughts on this.