PDA

View Full Version : Share a tip.

Bronson
08-18-2012, 01:04 AM
George recently shared with us his Dynamic Defense tip which I had never heard of before and sparked a good discussion so I thought I would start this thread where everyone can share their favourite tip with the forum.

No matter if it's old, new or common knowledge what is your favourite tip?

I have posted this before but my tip is - I like to raid bases between 9am-12pm GMT.

I would like to dedicate this tip to all you North Americans who forget to collect before bed. Thanks.

Q Raider
08-18-2012, 01:17 AM
Buildings with high bits on them are good for protecting buildings you don't want raided, even when those high buildings are raided attackers still cannot select the unaided building :-)

Thunder Child
08-18-2012, 01:18 AM
I agree with Bron - identify when North America is sleeping and get your best raiding done then.

My add is to NOT broadcast loot drops in the Forum; chances are they will wither and die. Instead, share your 'finds' via PM....

Zoltarov
08-18-2012, 01:22 AM
George recently shared with us his Dynamic Defense tip which I had never heard of before and sparked a good discussion so I thought I would start this thread where everyone can share their favourite tip with the forum. No matter if it's old, new or common knowledge what is your favourite tip?I have posted this before but my tip is - I like to raid bases between 9am-12pm GMT. I would like to dedicate this tip to all you North Americans who forget to collect before bed. Thanks.

I have the same raiding window with the North Americans. On mondays the collections are the best, since most people might go to sleep earlier on sundays.

As variant in the dynamic defense I move my EMP and railguns around to protect the high pay out buildings that will be ready to collect during the night. I always leave spaces between the buildings to put the defense structures in.Most of them are hidden all the time or the lvl is not visible to rivals.

Thunder Child
08-18-2012, 01:31 AM
Seems like commonsense now, but since I made this 'mistake' early on, I'm going to hang it out there...

DON'T think you have to do ALL the missions, buy ALL the buildings or stock up on ALL of the units. Learn instead to be selective, play according to your own style, and keep your nation boost in mind...

JMC
08-18-2012, 01:49 AM
Posted this on the whale zone survival thread as well.

Don't make huge jumps to Stealth bombers and aircraft carriers. You can't afford them in bulk, and if you are in a true danger zone they will not help you raise stats quickly. Doing so will just result in you getting pummeled and taking more damage, while never raising fast enough to defend against such attacks.

Fun
08-18-2012, 02:04 AM
Seems like an easy thing but it helps

If your stats are low and need valour always go for low rank players normally are low stat players

Helped me when I kept getting beat

Mcdoc
08-18-2012, 02:45 AM
Defense Skill Points are the most amazing thing you can Do to protect yourself! High Attack points won't help you when you attack someone else with high attack points comes after you - but having over 200 Defense Points makes you a force to be reckoned with. No one can predict your skill points!

mickymacirl
08-18-2012, 02:52 AM
Defense Skill Points are the most amazing thing you can Do to protect yourself! High Attack points won't help you when you someone else with high attack points comes after you - but having over 200 Defense Points makes you a force to be reckoned with. No one can predict your skill points!

Amen McDoc.

Mine, easy upgrade? Line up all the high level boss mission, these can net 20m or more in seconds.

Dreno33
08-18-2012, 03:10 AM
here's a tip: favoUrite is spelled without a u ;)

Bronson
08-18-2012, 03:15 AM

I'll stick to the Queens English not your lazy American spelling thank you.

A favourite (British English), or favorite (American English)

MadManDK
08-18-2012, 03:36 AM

Look at your own signature and try to think about that the world is not limited to the US.

Rossco
08-18-2012, 03:55 AM
Become so big that no one attacks you. Then just camp whilst upgrading. Not lost a fight in very long time.

If your a low life coward suck up to the pirate scum like most of the dirty little cowards on here do.

Hellstorm
08-18-2012, 03:56 AM
At one point, lvl 80-90 you should strictly focus to upgrade your boost buildings and care less about your iph. Stats count more than iph, and with 300-500 iph you are well served. My iph hasnt changed in 4 months, still at +400k and its plenty.

el_gringo
08-18-2012, 05:55 AM
I have posted this before but my tip is - I like to raid bases between 9am-12pm GMT.

I would like to dedicate this tip to all you North Americans who forget to collect before bed. Thanks.

Agreed, I barely ever find anything worth raiding unless it's between 10am and 1pm CET.

siL
08-18-2012, 05:57 AM
In reference to micky's suggestion about upgrading, my tip is to bulk up your defence, and stay low in ally..
I have been in the 100-135 ally, and been safely bought 2 nanos in lvl 60, and have upgraded my oilrig to lvl 5 without any worry of someone taking my unvaulted cash...
It also help to avoid high casualty levels...although i still experience 1 unit losses every other time...
IMHO, High ally count only needed when you want to pursue force degradation missions...

Cocktail
08-18-2012, 06:42 AM
In the early stages of the game, I tried to stick to a program of replacing anything I lost in a battle with 2 of the same. I know you won't use them in later stages, but it felt more painless to build an army that way. And win or lose, never attack back immediately. You're not a bull--Red on your news board is just another colour! Lol

Agent Orange
08-18-2012, 07:35 AM
Always intel a rival before you attack, read their wall, check their units there may be vital bits of information such as who their allies are or what units they have bulked up on that could make an attack a big mistake.

Always vault loose cash BEFORE you attack someone unless it's me! In which case leave as much as possible out in the open so that I can collect it when you loose the attack!

Agent Orange
08-18-2012, 07:35 AM
Favorite is spelt incorrectly, it is favourite in Canada.

Agent Orange
08-18-2012, 07:37 AM
Do not attack pirates, er well unless you like poking hornets nests with a stick......

Ascent
08-18-2012, 07:58 AM
Aikido = never oppose with force, use their energy against them...

People are like machines, they react to things. You press a button and they do this, you press another and they do that. You can observe this on yourselfm when someone says something and you get mad or angry or sad. You do not "chose" to be that, it happens to you because someone else pressed your button. Now, we all can simply suppress these emotions and reactions but that is not the same as being free to chose what you feel or think - and as a result free to chose what to do.

I am not suggesting to become a buddha, that is a long way to go :) but you can certainly become the puppet master :D

When someone attacks me, raids me or taunts me, I do not retaliate, resist but do the opposite, invite him to continue what (s)he is doing. But not by throwing him or her a challenge, instead I act like the grandfather with a kid: I do not mind sharing the goodies, yes please come and enjoy yourself raiding, that is what the game is about, etc.

What happens is that instead of reacting to his attack, I chose not to oppose what is happening and use his momentum, energy to lure him into a place where he will become his own enemy: trigger his conscience, compassion, self-respect. Suddenly they all feel bad about continuing to attack, raid or mock me, because the situation I am putting them in makes them look in the mirror and realize that what they are doing is not compatible with what they prefer to think about themselves.

I will illustrate it with this story from real life:

I was on a bike and wanted to get into a quickymart to buy me something. However, either I did not bring my bicycle chain with me or did not want to spend the time tying my bike for a 30 second in-and-out shopping I do not remember now... however, I instantly recognized the opportunity when I saw that outside the store there was a man and a woman chatting. It was obvious that they were not a couple but the man was certainly interested in the girl.

So I stopped right in front of them, opened the stand and parked the bike in front of them, looked into their eyes for 1 straight second and without saying a word went into the store doing my shopping.

When I returned, they were both looking at me and then finally the guy said "Just leaving the bike here like that? We could habe just stolen it you know?"

I smiled, got on my bike and left with "I don't think so".

It was a rather expensive bike... so why didn't they take it? Or why did I risk it at all?

Because I knew that there was zero chance of that happening.

Here is why:

First - I stopped and looked into their eyes, this made them treat me as a person and not just some abstraction. Doing harm to someone you have any intimate relations with (look into the eyes) is much harder than with someone who is just an inanimate object.

Second - They certainly understood that after looking at them my leaving my bike in front of them was a clear signal that I trust them... in fact, it was more, I imposed a duty on them to guard it.

Now, when people are given trust, they feel good... real good... and the first thing they want to do is to return the trust... but the second thing is they want to live up to that trust... Nobody wants to think of themself as a thief. And it becomes impossible not to think of yourself as a thief AFTER you were just put into a situation of trust. So this was the trap I set them :)

And here comes the double trap:

Third - The guy and the girl were not a couple, so they cared a lot about what the other might think of him or her. There is no way in hell either of them would risk ruining his or her reputation in front of each other (which they are actively trying to build right now) by stealing or even hinting to consider seriously about maybe becoming a thief.

So... before one becomes the buddha, where his or her emotions are no longer make him or her a puppet of others, one can become the puppetmaster and navigate the social world around with much less trouble and surprises.

Note: The things I wrote about may not work against a sociopath, as they have no so called "conscience" or empathy which would allow them to recognize other people's feelings and feel them themselves. Therefore, a sociopath will not feel guilty about stealing your bike... however, in company they may still restrain themselves but only because they realize that their reputation would be damaged.

Hondo
08-18-2012, 08:01 AM

The Brits invented the language, we just simply perfected it.

Agent Orange
08-18-2012, 08:35 AM

Sort like texting? ;^p

Pasta
08-18-2012, 08:38 AM
U have to buy units to win.

Agent Orange
08-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Hmm now I wonder what Ascent's bacground is, bit of psych, maybe profiler, martial artist....

I agree one of the big traps of this game is the fight aspect, plays on many peoples insecurities or their anger. Eg damn guy hit me, I'll show him! Grrrrr, cha ching as they drop real money on gold.....

The minute you get angry your objectivity goes out the window and they got you.

Clever observations Ascent......

overkill 280
08-18-2012, 08:48 AM
To rapidly increase your iph, upgrade the EPP. And for a good def boost, Buy SSD's.

Edit: and Ascent, that was a very interesting read, and you surprised me with your knowledge of people.

Hondo
08-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Good point Ascent. It certainly takes their thunder away.

Ascent
08-18-2012, 09:14 AM
Hmm now I wonder what Ascent's bacground is, bit of psych, maybe profiler, martial artist....

I'll submit my resume at:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38585-Name-that-Player-Career-Edition

so you can have fun guessing it :D

War Priest
08-18-2012, 09:16 AM
I agree with Bron - identify when North America is sleeping and get your best raiding done then.

My add is to NOT broadcast loot drops in the Forum; chances are they will wither and die. Instead, share your 'finds' via PM....

Haha, that's messed up. :p

SeqWins
08-18-2012, 09:21 AM
If you're trying to camp but cannot hold back from attacking and raiding here's a tip I've used successfully. If you raid you can pretty much choose your valor and or exp points. I have pretty much raided Armories and Supply Depots for the last couple of weeks and have only gone up two levels putting me at LVL 42 at Captain( Apprentice) and so far I haven't even seen anybody around my level higher than LT which makes me believe I'll hit Major way ahead of my LVL class. Also I have read from a lot of the more experienced players preaching on saving valor Im nowhere near as experienced or salty to advice on this matter but I have over 40k valor saved from these raids.

azy
08-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Look at Ascent, the zen master. If he's not in management yet, he should be.

My tip: if a target can both be raided and attacked for money, start with the attack since that is limited to at most 20 shots. Then proceed to raid with your remaining stamina.

Mad
08-18-2012, 11:02 AM

Or at a critical time in American history a major educator was hired who didn't know how to spell. And those typos are now in the American vocabulary.

Mcdoc
08-18-2012, 11:39 AM
The Brits invented the language, we just simply perfected it.Wait - I thought Poccahauntas invented English? LoL

Mcdoc
08-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Hmm now I wonder what Ascent's bacground is, bit of psych, maybe profiler, martial artist . . . . .Clever observations Ascent......Confucius say: "Better to be pi$$ed off than to be pi$$ed on"

Warfiend
08-18-2012, 12:32 PM
This tip goes well with JMCs... Build your defence in layers. If the weakest defense unit you take into battle is under 8, build medics, transports, or something similar. When they're at least 8, start buliding military ambulances or sea scout type units till those are you're weakest. Then move onto mine launchers and SSD type units till those are your weakest, THEN move onto the aircraft carriers.

Not only does this enable you to build defense faster than trying to save up for the most expensive ones you can buy right off the bat, it also builds in decent fall back layers in case you get into it with someone who starts taking down your top defense units.

You can also use this for offense, but the ability to pick your offensive battles, casualty rate issues, and other concerns has lead to me following this less stringently for offense.

Mad
08-18-2012, 12:36 PM
This tip goes well with JMCs... Build your defence in layers. If the weakest defense unit you take into battle is under 8, build medics, transports, or something similar. When they're at least 8, start buliding military ambulances or sea scout type units till those are you're weakest. Then move onto mine launchers and SSD type units till those are your weakest, THEN move onto the aircraft carriers.

Not only does this enable you to build defense faster than trying to save up for the most expensive ones you can buy right off the bat, it also builds in decent fall back layers in case you get into it with someone who starts taking down your top defense units.

You can also use this for offense, but the ability to pick your offensive battles, casualty rate issues, and other concerns has lead to me following this less stringently for offense.

This is the first time I heard of the layer theory. That actually makes a lot of sense.

Arizona
08-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Seriously, think for yourself. Don't be a drone and do what others say. Take their advice on board, but develop your own strategy. An exception from experience follows.
Someone said something bout "don't rely on Stealth Bombers or Aircraft Carriers". That's very true. It might look like you can build a force to defeat most out there but in all truth you can't. The best advice I can give is to not try and punch above your weight. It's an ego thing only and far from practical. Be cool and build up gradually. Let the gold bugs play **** measuring contests. You can't play with them unless you have unlimited credit or debit. Be realistic!
Also become a critical thinker in life. Don't take anything at face value. Think for yourself and decide for yourself what's real and what's a mythical belief. Remember there's only one true being, the FSM.

Warfiend
08-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Remember there's only one true being, the FSM.

May we all be blessed by his noodly appendages.

Thunder Child
08-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Good point Ascent. It certainly takes their thunder away.Someone call?

Ascent
08-18-2012, 03:41 PM
My tip: if a target can both be raided and attacked for money, start with the attack since that is limited to at most 20 shots. Then proceed to raid with your remaining stamina.

Interesting, I tested this a few times and after unloading 20 rounds on someone via attack, it would not let me continue raiding his base, saying "Player too weak to battle".

Poopenshire
08-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Tip:

When you have to choose between wife/family and MW, leave the app open and simply turn your screen off. You can turn the screen on and not have to wait for the app to load for collection or actions.

Arizona
08-18-2012, 04:30 PM
May we all be blessed by his noodly appendages.
....................ramen:D

Poopenshire
08-18-2012, 04:32 PM
FSM. I have never been prouder than now to be a part of this community.

42!!!!!!!!

Thunder Child
08-18-2012, 04:39 PM
FSM. I have never been prouder than now to be a part of this community.42!!!!!!!!Poop, you reminded me of perhaps the most useful tip of all - join the Forum, meet other players, learn from them and the discussions here, make allies of them (since most of them would be amongst your worst enemies)... This tip alone is responsible for putting me where I am today, it's stopped me from making some deadly mistakes, and more importantly, it's kept me going...

Shame you already have to be in the Forum to benefit from this insight!

Juaco
08-18-2012, 04:40 PM
My tip is don't do drugs.

Poopenshire
08-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Always remember where your towel is.

Juaco
08-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Don't drop the soap.

Juaco
08-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Don't drink and drive.

Juaco
08-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Don't text while driving. This includes not being allowed to play MW while driving either.

John Snow
08-18-2012, 05:13 PM

Second this. I early on went to carriers only to realize I didn't have any meat shields unlocked to protect them when I attacked. Bringing carriers into an attack is really just a terrible idea.

John Snow
08-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Tip:

When you have to choose between wife/family and MW, leave the app open and simply turn your screen off. You can turn the screen on and not have to wait for the app to load for collection or actions.

That and always keep the sound off.

Warfiend
08-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Tip:

When you have to choose between wife/family and MW, leave the app open and simply turn your screen off.

I thought the correct choice was to say something about how you'll miss them as you go back to playing the game.

Miner
08-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Never, NEVER, I say, eat yellow snow. I'll come up with another life-saving tip at a later date.

Juaco
08-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Never rat out your friends and always keep your mouth shut.

negotiator
08-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Never rat out your friends and always keep your mouth shut.

Everyone talks when it's time to save their own A$$, and I appreciate it as it makes my job easier.

Hondo
08-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Never whittle towards yourself and never piss in the wind. How's that miner?

Skyser30518
08-18-2012, 07:33 PM
If you make the mistake of getting on a stronger players news feed and can't get rid of him, bombard his comment wall until you have moved the attack option off the wall. Then all they can do is reply to the message on their own board.

MonkeyPuppy2012
08-18-2012, 07:46 PM
1) When your wife wants your attention close the game and give her a ride... nothin better than that.
2) Upgrade your defense + buildings, and focus on defense.
3) Know when your cash buildings are to be collected, set timers so you are not a good target for a raid
4) Set defense units around your air, sea, and composite factory so they have to struggle to take em down
5) hide buildings with taller structures
6) Camp... The less gold you are going to spend the more time you should spend camping under level 70
7) Check the enemy before you raid so you know you can tear them apart... and when you do decimate them.....

Juaco
08-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Everyone talks when it's time to save their own A$$, and I appreciate it as it makes my job easier.

You didn't notice that that was a reference to GoodFellas did you?

Kudu22
08-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Go on a photo shoot with a bunch of nude British models and send some pics to Seqwins is good karma.

Mcdoc
08-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Tip:

When you have to choose between wife/family and MW . . . .

Tip: Train your 3 Y/O to Open MW / CC / KA and collect all your buildings for you! It's a fun game of "Daddy - let me collect your money" - and then in KA its "Daddy - lets go kill a mean dragon".

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1597/gameri.jpg

F (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/515/gameri.jpg/)UTURE Gamer in Training!

Juaco
08-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.

azy
08-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Tip: Train your 3 Y/O to Open MW / CC / KA and collect all your buildings for you!

Ah, ah, priceless. Well, maybe about 400,000 PH.

Lordsloss
08-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Don't put twinkies on your pizza!

Corsair
08-19-2012, 12:17 AM
Tip: Train your 3 Y/O to Open MW / CC / KA and collect all your buildings for you! It's a fun game of "Daddy - let me collect your money" - and then in KA its "Daddy - lets go kill a mean dragon".Hehehe, I have done that a few times, but she prefers the Curious George app, or YouTube for Tom and Jerry. A little afraid she might press the wrong button though!

Someone else said it a few posts back...use a timer. Best defense you can have besides your vault, which must be maxed of course. Just remember if you are in a deep discussion, or something more fun, with your significant other, do not react to the timer right away!

Mcdoc
08-19-2012, 01:08 AM
Hehehe, I have done that a few times, but she prefers the Curious George app, or YouTube for Tom and Jerry. A little afraid she might press the wrong button though!Someone else said it a few posts back...use a timer. Best defense you can have besides your vault, which must be maxed of course. Just remember if you are in a deep discussion, or something more fun, with your significant other, do not react to the timer right away!1) I trained my daughter that anything with an "X" to close it out she needs to press "X"

2) put the timer on your phone in your pocket on Vibrate :)

Corsair
08-19-2012, 01:20 AM
Haha! I have also been teaching her the X, mainly due to the in app ads in her favorite apps. She learns quick, amazing really.

Wdigeorge
08-19-2012, 02:39 AM
Look at Ascent, the zen master. If he's not in management yet, he should be.

I would raid first and then attack. Attacking first can give your rival a warning and time to collect all of their money buildings. By the time you hit 20 attacks, the money buildings may no longer be available for raid.

NSC
08-19-2012, 06:48 AM
I'm level 30 with 29 allies or so(can increase easily if i want to)

Whats a decent amount of A/D i should have? Should i camp? I see quite a few level 25 ~ 35s with 1500+A/D each, which is quite scary to be honest at this level.

Or maybe because i'm new to the game. Heh. Help's appreciated thanks!
Suggestions on what unit to stock up will be nice.

Thunder Child
08-19-2012, 06:56 AM
I'm level 30 with 29 allies or so(can increase easily if i want to)Whats a decent amount of A/D i should have? Should i camp? I see quite a few level 25 ~ 35s with 1500+A/D each, which is quite scary to be honest at this level.Or maybe because i'm new to the game. Heh. Help's appreciated thanks!Suggestions on what unit to stock up will be nice.Welcome NSC!

Suggest you take a look at the information in the stickies at the top of the 'General' page. Have a read of 'Modern War FAQs' and 'General Tips' there, and you should find all the advice you need.

Samantha Turtle
08-19-2012, 07:18 AM
Don't text while driving. This includes not being allowed to play MW while driving either.

God I'll never be able to drive again!

Samantha Turtle
08-19-2012, 07:25 AM
My tips:

1. Old doctor who episodes still scare little kids with overactive imaginations...

2. Thank you CC big Boss... I have 2 CC accounts and becuase there is no boost I can officially say this:
CASH ATTACH = Exactly Attack Score (RAW in CC) plus exactly 10x Attack Skill... I am Gusessing this explains why when I played the first boss with no boost buildings I was above my attack score and as I built up boost buildings my Cash attack is now LESS than my attack score... Problem solved! CASH HITS = RAW ATTACK VALUE + 10x Skill Points. KA is now also working out the same when using this calc.

3. Favourite, Armour, Colour...

Samantha Turtle
08-19-2012, 07:27 AM
Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.

Mickymgirl
JP lfs?
ehnas1

Feel free to come closer boys.

NSC
08-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Welcome NSC!

Suggest you take a look at the information in the stickies at the top of the 'General' page. Have a read of 'Modern War FAQs' and 'General Tips' there, and you should find all the advice you need.

Thanks! I read through them awhile ago and they answered quite a lot of my questions, but most of them were on economy or mid-level or so. I'm actually more interested in the units. Like gradually which units should i gather a larger amount of, as casualty rates, cost, etc etc all factor in and i'm new so i can't and probably won't make the best decision.
thats why i'm asking you guys for your experience and opinion :D

Arizona
08-19-2012, 07:54 AM
Thanks! I read through them awhile ago and they answered quite a lot of my questions, but most of them were on economy or mid-level or so. I'm actually more interested in the units. Like gradually which units should i gather a larger amount of, as casualty rates, cost, etc etc all factor in and i'm new so i can't and probably won't make the best decision.
thats why i'm asking you guys for your experience and opinion :D
Welcome NSC.
People can't really help you in this thread. Most are just here to leave their own tips. Try posting your question in the Random "Quickie" question thread and you should get a lot more replies. You will probably get asked what nation you are and various other stats, level, allies, att/def, income, before you get a decent answer (not saying TC's wasn't) :). Good luck.

Lawyer
08-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Don't buy gold as it is all a scam.

ucantwin1
08-19-2012, 09:28 PM
If you make the mistake of getting on a stronger players news feed and can't get rid of him, bombard his comment wall until you have moved the attack option off the wall. Then all they can do is reply to the message on their own board.

Not a guaranteed strategy BTW. I had a revenge attempt from a player I had attacked a month before. His revenge attack was sucessful the first couple of times but.....Once he realized I had upped my A/D considerably (with quick valor purchases) and he was now losing his arse. He began posting on my wall "50 more posts.." then, "49 more posts", then "48 more posts" etc. You get the picture. Curious thing happened - not all of his posts were showing up on my personal profile comment wall- they were present on the public comment wall but, not my profile. Couldn't tell you why.......

Chimera
08-19-2012, 09:48 PM

Noah Webster felt America should have its own “English” and deliberately changed the spelling of certain words (colour, favour etc.) to make them “American.” He then published these “American” spellings in “A Grammatical Institute of the English Language”. He felt the British aristocracy had corrupted the English language. What would he think of the internet!

bushobama
08-19-2012, 11:10 PM
My tip Is to upgrade your buildings based on lowest upgrade time combined with avoiding a new upgrade that will produce cash soon. For example. If I am choosing an upgrade, and see that my oil refinery (48 hr cycle) has cash ready in 3hrs I wouldn't upgrade that building bc it would waste 47 hours of time. It's been said many times on here that time is money, and I really try to consider that when choosing an upgrade.
Also, I upgraded my cement factory pretty high early on, which is when you should do it. It's hard to figure the money tht has saved over the months but it has more than payed for itself at this point.

Also, green is my favorite color. (:

overkill 280
08-20-2012, 12:21 AM
As we all should know, In the games we can collect money from 25 of our allies. So my tip is..If you have kids, get them to do it for you. Cause it gets really monotonous collecting from multiple games everyday!

Samantha Turtle
08-20-2012, 12:32 AM
Not a guaranteed strategy BTW. I had a revenge attempt from a player I had attacked a month before. His revenge attack was sucessful the first couple of times but.....Once he realized I had upped my A/D considerably (with quick valor purchases) and he was now losing his arse. He began posting on my wall "50 more posts.." then, "49 more posts", then "48 more posts" etc. You get the picture. Curious thing happened - not all of his posts were showing up on my personal profile comment wall- they were present on the public comment wall but, not my profile. Couldn't tell you why.......

No what happens if you do successive posts the news feed will normally show 3 and then a post saying 23 more posts. You have to have posts in between from other players or this will NOT work.

Tried it myself on a player to test it (not you) and had others test it on me and it doesn't work.

jeffrey
08-20-2012, 01:32 AM
As we all should know, In the games we can collect money from 25 of our allies. So my tip is..If you have kids, get them to do it for you. Cause it gets really monotonous collecting from multiple games everyday!

Haha, good one there, but might want to be careful.

I have my nephew did that for me couple times, and mysteriously my naval building was gone; apparently he mistakenly pressed the "Sell" button I guessed. I didn't bother to ask or press charge. :-)

Mario Mario
08-20-2012, 02:29 AM
Confucius say: "Better to be pi$$ed off than to be pi$$ed on"

Haha lol's, that certainly puts a different spin on proverbs :D.

Mario Mario
08-20-2012, 02:31 AM
Haha, good one there, but might want to be careful.

I have my nephew did that for me couple times, and mysteriously my naval building was gone; apparently he mistakenly pressed the "Sell" button I guessed. I didn't bother to ask or press charge. :-)

I have no idea how many times my save files on different games dissappeared after my sibling had played on my Ipod/DS/Game Boy :P.

Mario Mario
08-20-2012, 02:34 AM
Okay, now here's my tip (although it may seem ludicrous): Collect all your cash ON THE DOT!
As soon as the timer goes to zero, press on the building straight away. It helped me a lot when I used to be comparitavely weaker to most other players at my level. No wasted cash :)
This probably works best for money buildings with a long collection time e.g. 24, 48 hour times. Try to remember around the time of the day the collection is due to minimise time wastage.

overkill 280
08-20-2012, 10:52 PM
Not sure if this was said already or not, but hide your defense buildings behind larger buildings so as they are not seen.

dthfrmabv
08-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Poop, you reminded me of perhaps the most useful tip of all - join the Forum, meet other players, learn from them and the discussions here, make allies of them (since most of them would be amongst your worst enemies)... This tip alone is responsible for putting me where I am today, it's stopped me from making some deadly mistakes, and more importantly, it's kept me going...

Shame you already have to be in the Forum to benefit from this insight!

AMEN to that TC and Poop - I started badly and was really way behind on everything, but because of the contributions you guys made on the forums i.e. those best of the best tips had helped me a lot. I wonder why people dont read the forum (like me before) often enough to pick up some great tips! Well I guess its good for me - i get to have some good targets for raiding and attacks.

dthfrmabv
08-20-2012, 11:58 PM
two of the best tip i have learned from here (1) is getting a CF and upgrading it as soon as you can. I think my CF is the one of the reason why I am not losing so much to all the attacks I am getting from other players who has a higher attack stats than my defense - (2) defending your boost buildings well.

Oh maybe i lied I have a third one - don't leave crap talk on other players wall for attacking beacuse you have been attacked. Most of the time if you play it nicely and just take it as part of the game they wont attack you again (using Ascent wisdom)... let their force be their own demise. In doing one of the missions I attacked someone who had a higher stats than me ( i didn't check) he successfully attacked me a couple of times and left a nasty msg on my wall. Kinda got annoyed and used 1/3 of valor to upped my attack and each day increased my cash units to the point i had a higher stats than him. Took my vengence and mined him evaryday for a week and left him a nice msg - simply "have a great day and thank you for your contributions!" he never attacked me again.

Arizona
08-21-2012, 02:07 AM
Not sure if this was said already or not, but hide your defense buildings behind larger buildings so as they are not seen.
I do that, but only for FUN. It doesn't really hide anything does it, except maybe the level number? Used to think it did but having a big shield floating above the building is a big giveaway.

Lt. Falcon
08-21-2012, 06:44 AM
if you hit attack and lost and now the other player is using you as his cash cow or punching bag, try posting on his wall a whole bunch of times (50+). I had this person in KA, who for kicks and to show him that a free player can beat a gold player, I attacked him and won. However, over the next few days and a few leveles higher, he spent a few hundred $ more and came back to terrorize me, and has been very consistant, I posted a every number from 1 - 100 in individual post. Now, he can't find me and I have pretty much cleared his news feeds of all of his cash cows.

lesson learned - gold/gem players can be relenetless...don't F**k w/ them.

NSC
08-21-2012, 07:00 AM
if you hit attack and lost and now the other player is using you as his cash cow or punching bag, try posting on his wall a whole bunch of times (50+). I had this person in KA, who for kicks and to show him that a free player can beat a gold player, I attacked him and won. However, over the next few days and a few leveles higher, he spent a few hundred $ more and came back to terrorize me, and has been very consistant, I posted a every number from 1 - 100 in individual post. Now, he can't find me and I have pretty much cleared his news feeds of all of his cash cows.

lesson learned - gold/gem players can be relenetless...don't F**k w/ them.

They just don't believe that people who don't spend money can win them :D And they want to do justice to the $$$$ they've spent. heh

Lt. Falcon
08-21-2012, 07:16 AM
I wouldn't normally do that, I learned that trick from some previous thread here. In this case, I was attacked 2 weeks ago during event, at the time of the attack I tried to figure out how I lost since I had higher stats. I attacked back and won. While looking at his units I saw a whole bunch of high gem units. Then I went to his comments and saw a whole bunch of pi$$ed off players he angered because of relentless attacks. I thought maybe he call or accept a truce, but he just kept attacking for 2 weeks, spent atleast $300 in gems based on new units and equip. and has now climbed 9 levels higher than me while I am trying to build gold reserve for huge upgrade. Last night I had enough and thought "let's clear his news feed" and started counting to 100 in individual posts. I am sure I'm not the only one who is relieved.

Agent Orange
08-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Only possible problem, if you don't knock yourself off the newsfeed he can block you from posting after only two deletes.

Arizona
08-21-2012, 07:37 AM
Only possible problem, if you don't knock yourself off the newsfeed he can block you from posting after only two deletes.
True. It's tempting to seek retribution and it's usually done while you're still in an angry pissed off mood, that the best choice should be to forget about it. It's war and you win some you lose some, but stay to your strategy, and don't be distracted for a short term relief.

Lt. Falcon
08-21-2012, 07:51 AM

he is still on my news feed, but his comments only show postings 36-100 plus the last msg, apparently the fist 35 posts are gone. he probably had no no idea what I was doing and didn't realize I was cleaing his news feeds of attacks. I posted 102 comments #'s 0-100 plus a final comment that said "was that it? are you done?" he hasn't come back yet as I know I would want to so I believe its safe to say I have cleared his news feed...and thanks for adding the info about the block, I remembered that from before that is why I used #'s and posted quickly.

Warfiend
08-21-2012, 09:38 AM
People have mentioned not talking trash on the walls of people who have beat you, but my philosophy is not to post anything in any rival's wall even when I totally dominate them or when they talk trash to me first.

I answer trash talk with pounding if I can find them on the rival's list and I can pull it off. Then I let the trashtalker's demons do my talking for me in their heads by not saying a word to them. A person's demons will fill in the blanks left by my silence with things custom tailored to their fears and insecurities. Those things will be more effective at intimidating them than anything I can say.

This is also effective with business rivals, sports rivals, etc...

Lt. Falcon
08-21-2012, 10:11 AM
People have mentioned not talking trash on the walls of people who have beat you, but my philosophy is not to post anything in any rival's wall even when I totally dominate them or when they talk trash to me first.I answer trash talk with pounding if I can find them on the rival's list and I can pull it off. Then I let the trashtalker's demons do my talking for me in their heads by not saying a word to them. A person's demons will fill in the blanks left by my silence with things custom tailored to their fears and insecurities. Those things will be more effective at intimidating them than anything I can say.This is also effective with business rivals, sports rivals, etc...The first time I got beat, I blind attacked back to see what he had as units and his stats. I offered up truce and he came back at me harder than before, I let it go but he kept at it for 2 weeks. He is now 9 lvls ahead, and has more powerful gem units than before. I don't mind the trash talking even though I don't respond back, I use it as motivation. I'm the type who offer suggestions and even promote forum, but this guy left me in a corner. I couldn't (w/ospending $) beat him. Whatelse would you have done?

Warfiend
08-21-2012, 10:53 AM
The first time I got beat, I blind attacked back to see what he had as units and his stats. I offered up truce and he came back at me harder than before, I let it go but he kept at it for 2 weeks. He is now 9 lvls ahead, and has more powerful gem units than before. I don't mind the trash talking even though I don't respond back, I use it as motivation. I'm the type who offer suggestions and even promote forum, but this guy left me in a corner. I couldn't (w/ospending $) beat him. Whatelse would you have done?

I wasn't posting that as a comment on your situation, just sharing a tip. I apologize if it appeared that way, it wasn't meant like that.

As for your situation, I personally don't blind attack back intentionally, ever. If I did it on accident, I wouldn't offer a truce or post anything at all. I'd assess his strength, and see if I could pump my defense enough to keep him at bay through unit density of cash/honor units combined with armor and weapons(two things I see under utilized regularly in KA), by adding allies, upgrading boost and defense buildings, or all of it.

If I could see a way, even if it would take a month, I would begin working towards that while maintaining complete silence about him, enduring the attacks and staying focused on building my strength. The key for a free player against *most* gold/gem players is unit dilution. Relatively few of them spend enough to make a difference against a free player with more allies, strong cash units, strong defense and boost buildings, and in KA, high end cash weapons and armor.

If I couldn't see a way, I would still remain quiet and focus on beating the people I could, as I won't be on his newsfeed forever. But the players you truly can't do anything about are relatively few, if you're willing to leverage patience against their $s.

Hellstorm
08-21-2012, 11:29 AM
A vital tip... Dont share loot information in the forums

frodonr
08-22-2012, 12:23 PM
My top tip for saving money is to play of line. This only works for wifi and u must leave the game running dont close the app or click out of it. Go to your mates house log in on there wifi, delete your home network, work or which ever you use the most basically your stopping the game from up dating it self.Leave as little money in your base as possible so your not a temptation to be raided.

Start the game in there place and leave it running, dont click out when u leave there place. Check and collect when u wont. Be warned when you reach around 20 million the game will crash. When this happens log back into your network and start the game. If you cant log back in you'll have to delete the game but dont remove it from your game center. Install the game and there you go.

Do this on your own head and i take no responsibility for any F//K ups.

frodonr
08-22-2012, 12:47 PM
man love the gamer pic, so goin to do the same