PDA

View Full Version : Android players: instead of complaining..

misterrunon
08-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Just sell all your buildings and uninstall the game. Complaining isn't going to get gree/funzio or whatever their name is, to start giving you an equal footing with the iOS users. Quitting the game will actually have more of an impact than complaining.

Your only 2 viable options are to either quit the game, or stop complaining. I just sold all my buildings and uninstalled the game. I was only level 60 with 60k IPH, but it took me 3 long months to reach that point.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/sc20120817135930.png/

jmeijer
08-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Nice hood bro.

Pasta
08-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Seems legit.

Zackhu
08-17-2012, 02:43 PM
I suggest android user when asked to rate the game give it a lower grade and give comment about how the game evolves around IOS users. Well I did, still playing it, just giving comment to other new users how its lacking for android users.

KemoKidd
08-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Naaaah, thats alright. I'll just wait for the update.

misterrunon
08-17-2012, 05:48 PM
i guess some of you are really addicted to the game. i mean, you'd take being treated like a 2nd rate citizen just to continue. and on top of that, you're either willing to be left behind in the dust by people willing to spend lots of IRL cash or you're willing to spend all the money only to be treated like a 2nd rate citizen.

i admit, the game somewhat addicting for me.. but **** it. it's not worth the bull****.

KemoKidd
08-17-2012, 10:16 PM
i guess some of you are really addicted to the game. i mean, you'd take being treated like a 2nd rate citizen just to continue. and on top of that, you're either willing to be left behind in the dust by people willing to spend lots of IRL cash or you're willing to spend all the money only to be treated like a 2nd rate citizen.

i admit, the game somewhat addicting for me.. but **** it. it's not worth the bull****.

Yes, however, if an android player joined right now they would have scratchers and start events at the same time and would only be missing out on this boss event. As soon as this event is on android it is level again. So just be patient. It is more difficult to program for android than ios. I am an android user but our boss event will come.

dunworry26
08-18-2012, 12:05 AM
the scratchers arrived to android 2 months later it came to ios

Liquidsky
08-18-2012, 12:50 AM
Why do they release new features for iOS well before Android? It would be very easy to shelve the new features on iOS until Android is ready and do a simultaneous launch, but they don’t. They want to make as much money as fast as they can. Short-term revenue. I would guess (I really have no idea, so it is just a guess) that 80% of Funzio’s income comes from iOS and the biggest chunk of that is from the iPad. Funzio needs to justify to Corporate that the $210 million was well spent (and to keep their jobs because if revenues drop, they face cost cutting). Funzio’s resources are therefore, primarily focused on iOS, their biggest revenue draw. Given the state of Corporate, they won’t be adding new resources.

Corporate needs to keep their shareholders from spooking (as revenue is down in Japan), so they must show gains at all costs. Unfortunately (for ALL players), this short sightedness is at the cost of Android players and eventually the entire game, in the long-run. Wall Street doesn’t care about the long-run, nor do they know what makes a good game that sustains and grows its player base. The best performance indicators are new installs, churn and hours played per user, NOT short-term revenue. It is sad when you see a game with a lot of potential, have its design driven by Corporate and Marketing. That is usually the beginning of the end for a good gaming franchise. I could see an Executive at the Funzio office in a meeting with the Dev Team shouting “HAVE MORE EVENTS!!!”

Sure, per individual user, IOS owners spend more. But given Andriod’s quarterly gains on market share, it’s not smart business to alienate or ignore them. So I think *****ing and whining does help. It is at least some ammunition for the Devs (who I really would like to believe (maybe naively) are on our side).

What makes a good game (not to mention a great game)? Balance. Whether is balancing iOS and Android or Free Players and Heavy Spenders, CC’s balance is way out of whack.

That’s my speculation at least….

azhegin
08-18-2012, 01:25 AM
It's not all bad about playing CC on Android. It much easier to write r own java client for android then for iOS and sqrew everybody. That is what i am going to do when/if i will give up on the game.

Tragik
08-18-2012, 06:36 PM
The game is great, no complaints here. Most everyone here does nothing but cry.

7rs60
08-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Why do they release new features for iOS well before Android? It would be very easy to shelve the new features on iOS until Android is ready and do a simultaneous launch, but they don't

that would be really lame, if they prevented the rest of us from playing events just because android users are impatient.