PDA

View Full Version : Atomic Box Drop Rate

Sabo
08-17-2012, 01:42 PM
I know there is a lot of discussion regarding the new event. I was using gold to try to stay in the top 250, but I am experiencing a horrible drop rate. I have not actually had one box all day and I have kept my energy spent on various maps. So, I have basically given up on using gold because I don't want to use it for energy refills, opens and rests. Is anyone experiencing the same issue? Any tips for me at level 73?

Thanks

Gambit12
08-17-2012, 02:03 PM
I know there is a lot of discussion regarding the new event. I was using gold to try to stay in the top 250, but I am experiencing a horrible drop rate. I have not actually had one box all day and I have kept my energy spent on various maps. So, I have basically given up on using gold because I don't want to use it for energy refills, opens and rests. Is anyone experiencing the same issue? Any tips for me at level 73?

Thanks

drop rate sucks! same here...

CasualPlayer
08-17-2012, 02:08 PM
I've got about 40 boxes already, wish I could sell hem on lol

SGT Barr
08-17-2012, 02:09 PM
I had no trouble until about 2pm EST. I collect 6 from PVE in an hours worth of play. Since I last checked in I havent been able to collect a single one. This is not like normal events... /Strange

Ryans67
08-17-2012, 02:35 PM
I have found 11 so far, all from the armored destroyer in the inner sea canal. Drop rate seems about normal for the events. Typically I switch over to PVP after 24 hours, and have no trouble stealing boxes. So far I have only been able to steal one from another player.

CasualPlayer
08-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Got all mine from pvp

Ryans67
08-17-2012, 02:43 PM
What level are you? Part of my PVP problem is that I find a good target for BP's, and unload my stamina all on a single person. lol. Later I will start box hunting, which means 2 hits and move on.

mxz
08-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Drop rate is based on the energy required for a PVE mission. Not sitting on front of the data right now but it's usually about 92% drop on the higher (>300) missions.
PVP is more complicated.

Thunder Child
08-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Drop rate is based on the energy required for a PVE mission. Not sitting on front of the data right now but it's usually about 92% drop on the higher (>300) missions. PVP is more complicated.I ONLY do those higher (>300) missions, and the drop rate has been less than 25%! I would've agreed with you on the basis of previous crate events, but I'm of the opinion that things have been tinkered with for this new leaderboard event....

Q Raider
08-17-2012, 04:14 PM
I ONLY do those higher (>300) missions, and the drop rate has been less than 25%! I would've agreed with you on the basis of previous crate events, but I'm of the opinion that things have been tinkered with for this new leaderboard event....

Tinkering includes reducing the cash and Valor payouts as well on successful opens, getting less of course.
Wonder if they have "adjusted" things so free opens give less than cash or Gold opens in this regard?

Selfproclaimed
08-17-2012, 04:15 PM
I've only gotten 1 box doing pve since the event started. All the boxes I've been getting is from pvp

spectra
08-17-2012, 04:18 PM
You know what is funny

CCM will always pop up and make comments on thread most of the days

today being the first day of these type of event, I am sure he is LURKING the forum

but is afraid to post, because he probably has no answer for any of the stuff going on

I truly feel sorry for the job he has to do.........just remember guys "DO NOT SHOOT THE MESSENGER"

CCM is only the messenger in this case

Hope we can find some answer to the issues this AUCTION is having

SPECIALLY WHY THE LEADERBOARD WENT FROM "NEED 10 TO BE ON TOP 250"..............TO..........."NEED 9 TO BE IN THE TOP 250"

JohnDough
08-17-2012, 04:46 PM
I know you guys are all higher levels then me but since I received a anti aircraft cannon in my last box I cannot find any more boxes. I have went thru 3 energy and stamina refills but NOTHING :(

JohnDough
08-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Well I just got another 1 finally. Cash open and got a fusion core

So out of about 80 attempts I get 1 box..

So the percentage on drop rate is pretty low.

Fl@sh
08-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Tinkering includes reducing the cash and Valor payouts as well on successful opens, getting less of course.
Wonder if they have "adjusted" things so free opens give less than cash or Gold opens in this regard?
I have seen the same using gold, $500,000 and $150,000 payout. 300 valor max. Every cash or free open I have attempted has been a "Sorry.....(Spend gold next time loser!)" I use the Amphibious Squad Leader from the Docks to farm boxes, if it takes more than one energy refill without seeing a box drop, I step away from the game for a little while.

jeffrey
08-17-2012, 05:33 PM
I've got about 40 boxes already, wish I could sell hem on lol

Not mean to against you, I see a lot of braggings from you, like the casualty glitch, now this, yet you never reveal ur level and game name. My other gold accounts would like to pay u a visit if u don't mind.

Ryans67
08-17-2012, 05:42 PM
I keep getting 100k also, no more 1.25m. I think everyone is getting the lowest drops, I'd bet they fix it eventually.

azy
08-17-2012, 05:44 PM
FWIW, I've gotten several boxes from PVE (160 energy) and PVP, cresting at 20. Then I was paid visits by Stephen... Now back down to 12. Doesn't really matter though because they don't really open easily with cash. Only three cores thus far.

overkill 280
08-17-2012, 05:49 PM
I just received my 5th :)

Deskjockey
08-17-2012, 06:32 PM
The drop rate for me on the sub on Emir Island has gone up considerably this evening compared to last night and this morning (when I got only three boxes for more than three thousand energy--very crappy). Now I've gotten almost a one-for-one drop rate from the sub.

On the down side--and it's a major one. I opened one box and... WHAT THE HELL IS A GRUNT DOING THERE!!!!!! I'm level 88. Grunts are NOT supposed to show up in the highest bracket. To top it off, the damn grunt put me over the bar for a mission objective, which gave me a ton of XP. WTF?!? Gree really screwed up this event even more after nerfing the cash payouts and making it an auction. They didn't get the message that NOBODY WANTS GRUNTS AS "PRIZES!" I've already sent a ticket in.

Fl@sh
08-18-2012, 03:52 AM
The drop rate for me on the sub on Emir Island has gone up considerably this evening compared to last night and this morning (when I got only three boxes for more than three thousand energy--very crappy). Now I've gotten almost a one-for-one drop rate from the sub.

On the down side--and it's a major one. I opened one box and... WHAT THE HELL IS A GRUNT DOING THERE!!!!!! I'm level 88. Grunts are NOT supposed to show up in the highest bracket. To top it off, the damn grunt put me over the bar for a mission objective, which gave me a ton of XP. WTF?!? Gree really screwed up this event even more after nerfing the cash payouts and making it an auction. They didn't get the message that NOBODY WANTS GRUNTS AS "PRIZES!" I've already sent a ticket in.
I have received about 20 grunts during this event, I have sent in a ticket as well.

Q Raider
08-18-2012, 07:13 AM
I have received about 20 grunts during this event, I have sent in a ticket as well.

The classic upshot would be that the high end Gold players get so many grunts it activates an ally glitch that was around a while ago and they lose all their allies.

It is hard to think of anything more they could have done to bugger this event up.....but that would top it off nicely.