PDA

View Full Version : Attack Skill points

BOS
08-17-2012, 08:32 AM
When I hit Eddie Sato, I'm showing an attack damage of 1,420 points higher than my listed total mafia attack. Guess what my attack skill points are????

sexkitteh
08-17-2012, 08:34 AM
142 attack points?

Dipstik
08-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Heh... I wonder if the boss's strength at the start of the event takes into account your attack skill points too. That would be the worst idea ever because it would actually PENALIZE people who have a really high attack skill, but I wouldn't put it past the developers.

BOS
08-17-2012, 08:46 AM
@Kitteh, 10-4.

I remember skill points were discussed and rumored to be worth 10 profile points per skill point above level 100. Didn't know if everyone was seeing the same information as I am?

dudeman
08-17-2012, 08:49 AM
I noticed my hits were doing more damage than my listed profile attack immediately, but for some reason I thought nothing of it. I guess that's my true attack score, including skill points and Crazy Hit'n'Runner...

I forget what it is though, I'll check in 24 minute.

Rhino72
08-17-2012, 09:02 AM
Nice topic BOS.

DM I don't think the Crazy Hit and Runner (+20% vehicle attack ) or the Diamond Knuckles (+10% mafia attack) are actually working. (Who knows if this is on purpose or by accident????)

I agree that my attack damage on the boss is my attack points multiplied by 10.

dudeman
08-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Nice topic BOS.

DM I don't think the Crazy Hit and Runner (+20% vehicle attack ) or the Diamond Knuckles (+10% mafia attack) are actually working. (Who knows if this is on purpose or by accident????)

I agree that my attack damage on the boss is my attack points multiplied by 10.

I will have to make sure I check next time, but I could swear that my attacks were doing more damage than just profile attack+(attack skill*10).

It would not surprise me at all if the +X% mafia/vehicle attack were not working though. My Pathmaker and Blackout RPG are still screwy, so it's possible that other modifiers are bugged up too. I wonder if they just can't find the cause for those problems and therefore don't know wtf to do about them.

Rhino72
08-17-2012, 09:23 AM
I will have to make sure I check next time, but I could swear that my attacks were doing more damage than just profile attack+(attack skill*10).

It would not surprise me at all if the +X% mafia/vehicle attack were not working though. My Pathmaker and Blackout RPG are still screwy, so it's possible that other modifiers are bugged up too. I wonder if they just can't find the cause for those problems and therefore don't know wtf to do about them.

Who knows but I have had some attack losses where I think + 4K attack from my vehicles would have put me over the edge. I would like to see it but something is happening in the background where it is causing issues for the developers to show it??

dudeman
08-17-2012, 09:26 AM

I was wrong. Looks like attack skills have been figured out finally!

Each attack I do does 74746 damage, and my profile attack is 70936. A difference of 3810. I have 381 attack skill.

This is also disappointing news. The Crazy Hit'n'Runner doesn't do jack. No surprise.

Paulio
08-17-2012, 09:28 AM
The attack displayed on my profile is 6,068 higher than the damage I did to the epic boss.

I have Crazy Hit 'n Runner, Diamond Fists and 320 attack skill points.

dudeman
08-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Who knows but I have had some attack losses where I think + 4K attack from my vehicles would have put me over the edge. I would like to see it but something is happening in the background where it is causing issues for the developers to show it??

Yeah, there must be a problem with something somewhere. Even after getting the CH'n'R I occasionally lose explosives on rivals that I have outgunned by 20k attack v. their defense. I have always thought that to be strange, but it always happens with the same rivals. I could never tell if it was my item/modifier not working or if the rival had dumped all their skills into defense.

Vile Lynn
08-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Yeah, there must be a problem with something somewhere. Even after getting the CH'n'R I occasionally lose explosives on rivals that I have outgunned by 20k attack v. their defense. I have always thought that to be strange, but it always happens with the same rivals. I could never tell if it was my item/modifier not working or if the rival had dumped all their skills into defense.

What about asking them how many def SPs they have?

murf
08-17-2012, 09:44 AM

Dudeman, I posted a thread about this awhile go, when I decided to spend $90mm on Sarin Gas. My conclusion:

Say you have 40k attack w/o explosives and are attacking someone with 40k defense. You assume you are going to lose a certain amount of the time (let's say 50% for arguments sake).

Now, with 500 Sarin Gas, your attack is 55k vs your opponents 40k defense, so on the surface it's looks like an easy win. However, (and this is my theory), the only reason you win the all those attacks is because you use some explosives to win. So, in those instances where you would have lost w/o explosives, now you win, but it costs explosives to do so. I'm sure there is more to this, but this is the general premise of my theory.

Here's the thread:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?32897-My-new-theory-on-explosives

sexkitteh
08-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Dudeman, I posted a thread about this awhile go, when I decided to spend $90mm on Sarin Gas. My conclusion:

Say you have 40k attack w/o explosives and are attacking someone with 40k defense. You assume you are going to lose a certain amount of the time (let's say 50% for arguments sake).

Now, with 500 Sarin Gas, your attack is 55k vs your opponents 40k defense, so on the surface it's looks like an easy win. However, (and this is my theory), the only reason you win the all those attacks is because you use some explosives to win. So, in those instances where you would have lost w/o explosives, now you win, but it costs explosives to do so. I'm sure there is more to this, but this is the general premise of my theory.

Here's the thread:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?32897-My-new-theory-on-explosives

hmmmmm... so you are saying 2+2=4? interesting.... :rolleyes:

Paulio
08-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Murf, so let's assume your att is 55K before the sarin purchases, and your opponent's def is 40K. After stocking up, your new att is 70K. Since you were able to beat them before the explosives, do you think that you now have much less chance of losing explosives?

sexkitteh
08-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Murf, so let's assume your att is 55K before the sarin purchases, and your opponent's def is 40K. After stocking up, your new att is 70K. Since you were able to beat them before the explosives, do you think that you now have much less chance of losing explosives?

That is exactly it... it's so black and white it's ridiculous...

It's the same obviousness as why an attack explosive doesn't get consumed during a defending match... because it doesn't need to use it...

Lars
08-17-2012, 10:02 AM
I can also confirm my damage on the boss being my profile attack + 10 * my attack skill.

BOS
08-17-2012, 10:10 AM
I can also confirm my damage on the boss being my profile attack + 10 * my attack skill.

It's cool to finally verify an unknown part of this game! It only took 12 months, lol

Paulio
08-17-2012, 10:15 AM
It's cool to finally verify an unknown part of this game! It only took 12 months, lol

Read post #10. What do you make of that?

Nevermind, I figured it out. The +10% total mafia attack boost from the Diamond Fists doesn't work on the Epic Boss. When I take that out of the equation and add (10*attack skill), I get the damage to the boss.

Nice observation Bos

G Wiz
08-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Do these attacks consume explosives?

BOS
08-17-2012, 10:21 AM
Do these attacks consume explosives?

Not that I have noticed.

murf
08-17-2012, 11:58 AM

I would argue yes (vs my previous example where you started at 40k attack and went to 55k)....you may still lose some once in awhile, but my guess is it should be very rare, since you would rarely lose to that person before the explosives. One caveat, is I'm sure the random generator that suppose to run in the background does something where at some level x you lose 1 explosive, at another level y you lose 2 explosives and at some level z you lose outright. But again I'm just speculating.

If you were upgrading explosives from Molotovs to Sarin Gas, I'd say you still have the same probability of losing explosives, but a smaller chance of losing outirght.

I do wonder what the logic is behind what explosive you lose...sometimes I lose a Sarin Gas, sometime I lose an Anthrax (I only have a few of those left). Or is that just completely random.