PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard Boycott (the thread)

Led
08-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Title says it all... Who's on board?

Copenhagen
08-16-2012, 10:45 PM
I'm in. This is why...
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38644-Atomic-Box-Event!-Coming-soon-(too-soon)-to-an-MW-near-you!!!!!!!!!!/page11

jeffrey
08-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Yeah, this new event sucks. Gree thinks it finally figure out how to make more money. I used to be a big gold spender, not anymore. Major turn off.

Vballmadam
08-16-2012, 10:52 PM
I'm in. This is why...
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38644-Atomic-Box-Event!-Coming-soon-(too-soon)-to-an-MW-near-you!!!!!!!!!!/page11

Ditto! Ditto! And more Ditto!

Mackdaddy
08-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Count me in.

No participation and spending here as well.

spectra
08-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Me 2, will just continue my normal game and if I geta box, will just use free option when I go collect my buildings, at least I will get. good night sleep from now on

albeezy
08-16-2012, 11:15 PM
Funny, I checked the top grossing apps at 11:48 CST and MW was 41. That was about 3 hours into the event. Just checked it again at 1:02 CST and MW was at 42. hmmmm....maybe FLAN was ahead of his time saying CC, MW, and KA were dying. I still get enjoyment out of them and this gives me less incentive to be on their games all day opening boxes. Might be a positive for me. Less time playing games, more time doing other things!

Bronson
08-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Count me in guys I'll open if I get one but no chasing, no gold and no cash

Mr who
08-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Agreed. Nothing more nothing less. The sleep thing sounds good. The worst part is they Will never change it back. Maybe fewer players pay for gold But the payout Per player is higher it cost what around 700 gold to get 10 boxes. But now you have to pay for gold the whole event. And still with 300 boxes you are still not sure to stay In top 25. Or loose your 1.

Q Raider
08-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Yep, count me in. Both players have a box, going to do free option only and save the cash.

hb bombers
08-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Count me in. This event sucks! Looks like I'll be camping for awhile. Good thing college football and the NFL starts soon.

Led
08-16-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm in. This is why...

That's what inspired this thread!...

Thief
08-16-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm a free player...but i won't even participate in the event....so begins the camping!

ckos
08-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Cope said it best "0 crates : 0 attempts : 0 items. Leaderboard Boycott.

This event spells C-A-M-P-I-N-G to me.

James_mac
08-17-2012, 12:29 AM
I'm in! Perfect for campers like me!!

Skyser30518
08-17-2012, 12:33 AM
It really is very sad. They just took a lot of enjoyment out of the game. So frustrated.

Great_wall2
08-17-2012, 12:35 AM
I'm in as well... I'm not even going to try obtaining crates either...

JMC
08-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Im in.

When these events came out in KA and CC is when i stopped playing the events in those games and eventually stopped playing those games.

The old style of events is one of the things that put Modern War above the two other games. Now they've taken that away.

Hopefully some heavy gold players also agree that this event sucks. They're now going to have to spend 10x as much gold to get the top prize.

Skyser30518
08-17-2012, 12:38 AM
Anybody think we'll hear from CCM on this one? Knowing that there is an outrage amongst the players in the forum. I would like to know if they thought the reception of this type of event was going to be any different. From what I read, he seemed kind of excited when he let the people at meet up know that something "big" was coming.

Mcdoc
08-17-2012, 12:41 AM
NEWSFLASH: McDoc has officially become a Free Player. Not only did Gree not give me my bonus gold from last month (after CCM asked them to 3 times) - these auction style events have killed my desire to buy any more gold.

If anyone else was refused their gold Bonus from Customer "No"-Service saying you can't get it for last month but can get it for future months - I suggest you petition Apple for all of your money spent last month since Gree is not following up on their own bonus program.

JMC
08-17-2012, 12:42 AM
Anyone who's been playing this game for a while now, knows that whenever they say something is coming, something that is going to make the game worse is coming. I would of taken that as a bad sign right away if i were there when he said it.

Other than the occasional addition of buildings (cant really go wrong there anyways), they have not made a single change since the beginning of the game, that i've been happy with. And if by some miracle they do, they never fail to end up ruining it.

Skyser30518
08-17-2012, 12:47 AM
Count me in. This event sucks! Looks like I'll be camping for awhile. Good thing college football and the NFL starts soon.
Go Dawgs!!

ckos
08-17-2012, 01:00 AM
If anyone else was refused their gold Bonus from Customer "No"-Service saying you can't get it for last month but can get it for future months - I suggest you petition Apple for all of your money spent last month since Gree is not following up on their own bonus program.

Is that what you did Mcdoc? Niiiice...

I'm going to try it. I think they told me something in the lines of "No, but hey will roll over this months purchases into next months....as a one time deal"

In other words...we won't give you what you deserve, but spend more and then we could talk.

Big John
08-17-2012, 01:03 AM
After 2 cash opens and 2 sorries I'm only doing free from now on.

MadManDK
08-17-2012, 01:04 AM
Count me in, the last gold i have is going for some decent event like the Boss event (hope they still do one of those).

EDIT: After getting to 9, and being part of the top 250, with free opens only, I'll now move to also using cash opens, but no gold. Treating this as a normal 10 items event (except I have 11 now).

Rossco
08-17-2012, 01:13 AM
Stop your whining girls. I'm still spending.

Zoltarov
08-17-2012, 01:15 AM
Count me in. I am a gold player but to obtain the additional bonus items you have no guarantee you are in the top 250 or 25. A couple of those top spots are probably already reserved for the really big spenders, so there are less than 10 spots open for challengers. For the regular items you need 25 tokens and the stats on these units are not significantly better then on crates or LE. Besides being on the leaderboard makes you also a potential priority target. I sit this one out doing only free and cash, to obtain 1 or 2 indestructables.

Thunder Child
08-17-2012, 01:19 AM
Bit late in the day, but count me in, too.

Will open whatever drops from normal play but without cash and certainly without gold.

Everson25
08-17-2012, 01:23 AM
I'm joining in. I will carry on my normal game as there wasn't event.

Giedrybe
08-17-2012, 01:29 AM
I am in. Was not really spending gold in crate events, but generally I will stay away from this like Cope with zero opens.

First thing which makes me do it is no information prior the event. All other events are your "own" events - you have some target and deadline, and you can choose your way of playing it. Leaderboard events are for being one of the fastest players to reach the goal. So why the hell they disrespect players with different time zones without announcing well in advance (a day or two) regarding the start of event "rush for the finish line". So easy not to piss your customers, but too hard and sophisticated for them.

From other point of view - even if I was spending gold on crate event earlier - then since reading event info I would automatically realise that I am not going to be one of 250 top gold spenders. Then what = it means that such player is participating only in half of the event - you can open for getting some indestructable units. But the prize for such low profile participation is not attractive - no bonus unit. So I would automatically go for no gold option.

They could leave the old format of crate events - with same small odds of getting 10th for getting bonus unit. At the same time they could say the top 250 and top25 who will get more 10 pieces (fastest or collected most) get ADDITIONAL bonus units. But no - they chose the way to piss majority of the players.

So I am in.

mickymacirl
08-17-2012, 01:47 AM
Boss Event is all well and good, it's impossible at higher levels without a considerable amount of gold, the amount needed for me anyways would be around 5k gold to beat the boss to 30. I am happy that the Boss Event helps LLP's though, with rares (let's see if they reduce the % changes in the coming Boss Event, I bet my house that they will to be honest) and some handy free ind units.

I do have OK stats, I'd rather buy LE packs to get a certain stat boost, the Boss Event is boycotted by me from the second event when I needed gold to even complete the 8th Boss and will continue to be so until Funzio can assure me that all the cheaters are removed from the game. I have heard reports of people using a bug to reset the boss, currently investigating this, Funzio have made some progress in this space, and at least we should be grateful I guess.

As for the leader board event, while the prize of top 25 is ace, two upgrades at once, the top 25 spenders will get it, who are the people who need it least.

With the 10 event people had a CHANCE to at least reach the bonus amount, this is not possible anymore.

I had expected the 25 item to have a bonus as well, it doesn't, what a load of crap for the free players and the light gold spending players, it's clear from PM's I've received in the last week on this forum and the 'other' forum threads, with players looking for information on the auction event and the pictures and information I posted that people would not be happy with the change in Event rules.

Also, they have changed the LOOT % drops as well, I'm getting 300 valor instead of 500 now and cash rewards of 100k instead of 1.5m etc. Cash option for me is nearly twice the reward amount, very poor indeed.

SO yep, I'm boycotting events too, in fact, I may just boycott the game totally unless the games are made more secure, but I guess it's an uphill battle to keep on top of cheaters with a very limited support staff, I've said I would help for free, but it seems to be falling on deaf ears.

SO once I spend the gold I have on hand I will not be buying more until they fix the issues above.

jeffrey
08-17-2012, 01:59 AM
NEWSFLASH: McDoc has officially become a Free Player. Not only did Gree not give me my bonus gold from last month (after CCM asked them to 3 times) - these auction style events have killed my desire to buy any more gold.

Superman McDoc, we need someone like to lead the pack again Gree on this. Yes, I didn't get my bonus either. I am a free player from now on until Gree/Funzio changes. Will spend the rest of golds on boss event if stay the same and gold buildings and that is!!!

Tctiger
08-17-2012, 02:08 AM
Why have they spent time on this crap event when they haven't got the assault bear working and still getting events days later that's still not fixed! ? is the 1 for top player in this event going to work ?

Ashmw
08-17-2012, 02:13 AM
Yup im in. Boycott this event

Tctiger
08-17-2012, 02:16 AM
How much energy will be needed to play this event?! not worth playing as there is no way I can win enough to cover the levelling up let alone actually improving so is a non starter for me! I'm looking for a new game as don't want to play modern bidding war I thought it was a stratigy game not virtual eBay !

Ashmw
08-17-2012, 02:30 AM
Beside i dont really need the two upgrade at once, coz upgrading from lev 9 to 10 for each of my boost building is only gonna take me 45 hrs ..and that i can wait.

Buggs1a
08-17-2012, 02:33 AM
Me too. Went from 10 to 25. Screw that!

leo23
08-17-2012, 03:06 AM
MW used to be in the top 10 earners list but those days are long gone. Won't be surprised to see more people leaving the game or even stop spending like they used to. Those with deep pockets are going to spend more and they will get bored of it eventually as there's nothing else to do but to spend and beating the crap out of free players - who are in facts the real winners by the way :)

I personally won't be spending a dime for this event and save every last bit of gold for big boss events only, then I shall become a Free player!

Aidan
08-17-2012, 03:13 AM
I'm in. I'll still open with free option because i'm already in the whale region so Camping is no use to me.

I might go with the ultimate boycott soon - quitting if they keep on with this format.

BigDog146400220
08-17-2012, 03:25 AM
I'm in. I will play my game, and maybe look at a leader board. I will not spend anymore real money on events.

Mcdoc
08-17-2012, 04:04 AM
Posting you're supporting the Boycott HERE is noble - but if you want to reach the masses - you gotta post it on your Walls inside the game.

Agent Orange
08-17-2012, 04:08 AM
I'm in, if I happen to be unlucky enough to get one of these things I'll only use free opens. If it's based on the KA mechanic you are going to get screwed over. I won't play those events either.

Zoltarov
08-17-2012, 04:12 AM
Posting you're supporting the Boycott HERE is noble - but if you want to reach the masses - you gotta post it on your Walls inside the game.Good one. I just did. Thx for your wise words.

Poopenshire
08-17-2012, 04:35 AM
Nice to see this spread while i was asleep. Boycott has been on my wall since 9 pm last night.
Share the word.

cheiz
08-17-2012, 04:44 AM
Good one. I just did. Thx for your wise words.

Hey Zolt, I just took the liberty of copying that from your wall... thanks!

CasualPlayer
08-17-2012, 04:49 AM
Supporting fully, these clowns Gree are not getting a penny more out of me!

Agent Orange
08-17-2012, 04:54 AM
Got point, just posted a boycott notice on my wall.

Ashmw
08-17-2012, 05:01 AM
Yeah i put it on my wall 2.

chimera69
08-17-2012, 05:02 AM
So, the event's been going on now for ~10 hours & the current leader has 30. At this time in the KA events, the leader has something like 100+. Heck, after 30minutes in the CC events the leader has 100 & by now is approaching 150-200.

Looks like the MW players overall are not nearly as gullible as in the other 2 games! Hopefully that works in our favor over time... Last ones to get the Leaderboard style event & first to get rid of it.

Tctiger
08-17-2012, 05:05 AM
258 people named the ship so that is how many active members on forum , 258 people won't make any difference , people will play one event and see what it is like then won't play again so don't worry , they don't care about the gameplay or us ,just keeping the big gold spenders spending , there is prob a hand full of players at the top who only spend gold to out do each other i feel sorry for them . i am going to work out how much people have spent on this event and then i will tell them what they could have won if they used that money to bid on ebay to get something real !

Jhoemel
08-17-2012, 05:13 AM
Im playing but as usual just a free player using cash options

Everson25
08-17-2012, 05:18 AM
I've just post on my wall.

Miner
08-17-2012, 05:21 AM
Yeah, I'm out on this one as well. Did a few PvE missions thinking maybe I'd try for 5 or 10. Not sure that's even worth it. 4 sorries @ $90k each. Uhm, no thanks.

chimera69
08-17-2012, 05:22 AM
Im playing but as usual just a free player using cash options

Good luck! Just keep a close eye on where you are, so that you don't level too quickly (you'd regret that for a lot longer then you'd regret getting another item).

Poopenshire
08-17-2012, 05:23 AM
Yeah, I'm out on this one as well. Did a few PvE missions thinking maybe I'd try for 5 or 10. Not sure that's even worth it. 4 sorries @ $90k each. Uhm, no thanks.

Now gold spenders can see the difficulty free players have opening boxes in the old events. I am sure the open rates are way higher for this style event and than the 10 part ones. I won 3 of those events in the past, other have won a few more, but most have won none. Welcome to the world of the free player!

LONG LIVE THE FREEBIES!

Thunder Child
08-17-2012, 05:26 AM
Posting you're supporting the Boycott HERE is noble - but if you want to reach the masses - you gotta post it on your Walls inside the game.My message is up...

Jhoemel
08-17-2012, 05:31 AM
Good luck! Just keep a close eye on where you are, so that you don't level too quickly (you'd regret that for a lot longer then you'd regret getting another item).

Thanks man. I dont mind leveling up now because Im already in the big sea of the whale territory :)
Thats why camping wont do me any good anymore

Miner
08-17-2012, 05:33 AM
Now gold spenders can see the difficulty free players have opening boxes in the old events. I am sure the open rates are way higher for this style event and than the 10 part ones. I won 3 of those events in the past, other have won a few more, but most have won none. Welcome to the world of the free player!

LONG LIVE THE FREEBIES!

I agree. I've only used heavy gold on one crate event. Other have been 80% cash with maybe 20% gold if that. This one is going to be 0% cash and 0% gold.

Bob_55
08-17-2012, 05:40 AM
I'm in too

Sugarymama
08-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Count me in as well. I stopped using gold when I realized a couple of events ago that unless you use gold and/or have the time to play the events ALL day and ALL night long, there is little chance of getting the 10th unit. With this new event, it will be damn near impossible to get the top units. It's unfair. I still like playing MW, but I'm really disappointed with the blatant way they try to coerce you to buy gold all the time. I used to play with gold, but that has ceased.

War Priest
08-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Once I win this event, I will be in. :D

(Because I will then be out of gold)

SeqWins
08-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Im in, also join in on posting it on walls..

Event Status 0, boycott the leader board event!

Sugarymama
08-17-2012, 09:07 AM

You!!! Really WP? The last time I saw a screen shot of your stats, you had like 24K bars of gold. It's all gone? And you really aren't buying anymore? Why? I know you enjoy being a gold player...

Sgt K
08-17-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm in. No gold for me.

spectra
08-17-2012, 09:26 AM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had 0 parts yesterday and I needed 10 to be on top 250

this morning I still had 0 parts but ONLY NEED 9 to be on the top 250......

THE EVENT IS SO FFFFFNG SCREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

War Priest
08-17-2012, 09:27 AM
You!!! Really WP? The last time I saw a screen shot of your stats, you had like 24K bars of gold. It's all gone? And you really aren't buying anymore? Why? I know you enjoy being a gold player...

The game is starting to suck!

Gambit12
08-17-2012, 09:27 AM

How much gold you have WP if you don't mind..??

mickymacirl
08-17-2012, 09:30 AM
I predict 300 or more will be the top 25. So working it out you will need to have opened close to 900 boxes for 300 parts.

Well over 20,000 gold will be needed :P

War Priest
08-17-2012, 09:32 AM
I predict 300 or more will be the top 25. So working it out you will need to have opened close to 900 boxes for 300 parts.

Well over 20,000 gold will be needed :P

Doubt that much. The guy who keeps winning in KA spends around 6-7,000 to be #1.

mickymacirl
08-17-2012, 09:37 AM
You aren't factoring in the energy and stam needed to get the 900 boxes WP within 6 days.

spectra
08-17-2012, 09:38 AM

WP is this Sarcasm??? because I do not see you in the leaderboard :p

War Priest
08-17-2012, 09:40 AM
WP is this Sarcasm??? because I do not see you in the leaderboard :p

Because I got a late start! The event didn't show up until today! :mad:

iyedol
08-17-2012, 09:42 AM
I was going to spend what ever it took on this event but not anymore. In the old events I could open the first two crates and got something from one of them. I am on number 5 and still nothing. No way Funzio, I will keep my money.

War Priest
08-17-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm not the only one going for it.

So is Fl@sh, crazy canuck, khimsoo and ManBearPig.

spectra
08-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Because I got a late start! The event didn't show up until today! :mad:
Did you guys not test try the event in the Beta group??

spectra
08-17-2012, 09:52 AM

well good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope to see you soon in the leader board, hope you have anough gold and real cash, because for the looks of this crazy AUCTION BIDDING you will need at least $1,000 real cash to be in the top 25

War Priest
08-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Nope. Don't know why...

Copenhagen
08-17-2012, 09:53 AM

Good luck then!

Mad
08-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Nope. Don't know why...

Well, I am thinking it was a rush job.

This is just a suspicion, but I think the hacking problem is what really required the update and the event was thrown in with the package at the last minute.

Mcdoc
08-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Well, I am thinking it was a rush job. This is just a suspicion, but I think the hacking problem is what really required the update and the event was thrown in with the package at the last minute.13 days with no event sure didn't feel like a rush job - but now it doesn't matter anyway. The pirates saw the writing on the wall about 2 months ago when they said this game had already peaked and was on the downhill.

Here is the sad part - you know what WOULD motivate people to Buy Gold - give out MoRE prizes and stop messing with the Open Rates on the events. IF every person here thought they could get the Top 25 prize for just spending $99 - meaning it wasn't just 25 people who got it - but the open rates were around 10% through & through with a Gold open - then TENS OF THOUSANDS of people would create a Gold Rush - but instead - some bean counter thinks he's got the exact formula to make the most profit.

Well Mr Bean Counter - I suppose that model worked 5 months ago - but look at the numbers over the last 2 months - seeing an incline or a decline?

Mad
08-17-2012, 11:43 AM
13 days with no event sure didn't feel like a rush job - but now it doesn't matter anyway. The pirates saw the writing on the wall about 2 months ago when they said this game had already peaked and was on the downhill.

Here is the sad part - you know what WOULD motivate people to Buy Gold - give out MoRE prizes and stop messing with the Open Rates on the events. IF every person here thought they could get the Top 25 prize for just spending $99 - meaning it wasn't just 25 people who got it - but the open rates were around 10% through & through with a Gold open - then TENS OF THOUSANDS of people would create a Gold Rush - but instead - some bean counter thinks he's got the exact formula to make the most profit.

Well Mr Bean Counter - I suppose that model worked 5 months ago - but look at the numbers over the last 2 months - seeing an incline or a decline?

What I meant was they have been working on these hacks for the last couple of weeks by the sounds of it and I think they finally realized they needed people to upgrade their old versions of MW.

I think this whole update was needed to stop the hacking and cheaters. Then when they realized they needed an update, they said well we might as well throw in the new event then. But there would not have been time to Beta test it properly.

This is all just speculation of course.

Dr. Dengus
08-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Realistically, a free player will be lucky to win the first two prizes. If that's the case, then I can just buy three SSD's and those will have a bigger impact on my D than stressing about getting 10 fusion cores. To those going for it, good luck. I'll just wait for the next boss event for my 9 or 10 free indestructible's.

Lt. Falcon
08-17-2012, 12:14 PM
I can see both sides of the argument right now...I am a light light gold player but will not participate in this event as I have been screwed in past events using gold and not because I didn't get the final prize. But, the big prize in this event has a "double upgrades" (a bonus mostly all of us would cherish), what a great way to get the gold spenders to come out. We (the people of the forum) have also seen the bonuses Funzio/Gree give out to high gold spenders willing to commit $500+ a month to this game. So right now Funzio/Gree is on the upside and since it just became available on Android, it will continue to increase profits but only in the short term. I think Funzio/Gree would have been better off going with the old 10 item events to keep more free players and therefore keep the heavy gold spenders, but the decision has been made. Now, the argument turns to camping. Most previous events have brought low level campers into the deeper waters, how will this style of event change that aspect. These style of events have been in CC and KA for awhile and I must say, I am a heavy camper in those games. In MW, trying to camp has been very hard for me as I enjoyed the 10 item events because 90% of the events I got to 9, and reached 10 2x (both times w/o using gold). But, the gold spenders and hlp's will be happy because, well, we have all these new Android players to keep the game alive tleast for another 6-9 months.

Dirk Durbin37
08-17-2012, 12:15 PM
I think you guys are being too hard on this event. I just won a sweet "Extra Ally". I'm level 123 with over 500 allies, but how did Funzio know I wanted more fake allies. I stopped getting them during the last 4 events so I'm very happy they added them back into events. I hope the next crate I open with the Free option has a prize of "5 Valor". It's about as useful. Keep up the great work Funzio. I wonder why CC Mark isnt around the forums promoting this Great New Event!

MadManDK
08-17-2012, 12:20 PM
@Dirk, that made me laugh real hard. Thanks.

BigDog146400220
08-17-2012, 12:35 PM
I think you guys are being too hard on this event. I just won a sweet "Extra Ally". I'm level 123 with over 500 allies, but how did Funzio know I wanted more fake allies. I stopped getting them during the last 4 events so I'm very happy they added them back into events. I hope the next crate I open with the Free option has a prize of "5 Valor". It's about as useful. Keep up the great work Funzio. I wonder why CC Mark isnt around the forums promoting this Great New Event!

Nice one! Bahahahahahahaahahaha!

Poopenshire
08-17-2012, 12:38 PM

and to think i was going to ask to ally with you, but since the event is giving you soooooooooo many new allies i don't think you need someone "real" like me. I see you like your "fake" friends so much better.

spectra
08-17-2012, 12:52 PM

Actually it seem they just "copy" and "paste" the KA format, thus you will now most likely get 50x VP, 150x VP and 300x VP...lol, so in about another 50 events or so, you can collect enough VPs to buy 10 super hornets

Agent Orange
08-17-2012, 01:01 PM
Wondered where my extra allies went! You stole him! Grrrrrrr Nice one Dirk. :D

Selfproclaimed
08-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Sure. Count me in, this event does suck, sorry I doubted anyone.

Dirk Durbin37
08-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Actually it seem they just "copy" and "paste" the KA format, thus you will now most likely get 50x VP, 150x VP and 300x VP...lol, so in about another 50 events or so, you can collect enough VPs to buy 10 super hornets
That was my initial thought with the copy/paste of KA's events. I was just surprised to get an Ally. I thought the Forum fought and won that battle to remove them from events when L Fizzle was around. With the free option so far I have 2 items, 7 Sorry's and my new intruder Ally. Does anyone know if they added any new units or can I look forward to more Ghost Hounds?

spectra
08-17-2012, 02:13 PM
That was my initial thought with the copy/paste of KA's events. I was just surprised to get an Ally. I thought the Forum fought and won that battle to remove them from events when L Fizzle was around. With the free option so far I have 2 items, 7 Sorry's and my new intruder Ally. Does anyone know if they added any new units or can I look forward to more Ghost Hounds?

if they are doing it the same as KA, then there are no more units
you will only get VPs, Cash, Parts and GRUNTS (which we actually do not have in KA at the high levels)
what level are you (usually low levels do get grunts)

Dirk Durbin37
08-17-2012, 02:23 PM
I'm level 123 in MW and level 78 in KA. I completely gave up on Events in KA and I'm headed in the same direction here it seems.

Sugarymama
08-17-2012, 02:25 PM
The game is starting to suck!

I'm surprised to see you say that. You seemed to be on top of the game since I've been playing. What is making it suck for you now?

MadManDK
08-17-2012, 02:46 PM

Just got a Fortified Sniper (free open), which I haven't seen since i got to level 80. I have 40 "fake" allies from earlier events, but they where also dropping before level 80. Seems like this event has taken sub level 80 drops and given them to players above level 80, which means those drops are going to be useless. Just perfect.

marebear
08-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Joined the boycott. Enough Auctions. Good grief.

jeffrey
08-17-2012, 05:27 PM
I didnt bother to do pve to get the box this time as to boycott it. on one occasion when I got one from retaliating an attack from someone; I could not open it with free hand after 3 attempts. So this event is getting a lot harder. More reason to enjoy the fresh air outside for me after 2 months of intense play.

Lordsloss
08-17-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm in the boycott.

Lawyer
08-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Just wanted to reaffirm my position to boycot this event and I will make absolutely no crate opens or gold purchases ... For any of the GREE line of games.

It's camp out time .... S'mores anyone?

possum
08-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Quit whining; spend money.

This game doesn't cater to freebies.

DVL505
08-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Yeah me to, did anybody notice that in Modern War it is the top 25 for the second place item, where it is the top 50 in Kingdom Age. I was a gold spender, now once my gold runs out, (which will be on Boss events ), I will no longer spend real money on this game, it is really turning into crap and as for the free players, you are the real winners in the end.

Gambit12
08-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Just wondering the crime city is under gree now not funzio.. Is gree taking funzio's business or what??

Tate
08-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Ummm, not that this is off topic or anything but, Gree bought out Funzio some time ago. As for the boycott, I think this a start and I'm all in! Already posted on my wall as well.

Ahhhhh, I see possum's alive and kickin

Gambit12
08-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Ummm, not that this is off topic or anything but, Gree bought out Funzio some time ago. As for the boycott, I think this a start and I'm all in! Already posted on my wall as well.

Ahhhhh, I see possum's alive and kickin

my bad.. i know its an off topic, oh well...

Lawyer
08-17-2012, 10:08 PM

You know you love those fake allies .. They are the best prize ever!!!!

Led
08-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Possum....

You really are the worst!

Q Raider
08-18-2012, 01:22 AM
Level 161:
Free opens only.
Outside of the sorries
Got two of whatever they are's....
300 Valor

.....and a grunt.... :-)

mickymacirl
08-18-2012, 01:31 AM

I've been getting fortified snipers and 300 valor...crap.. loot items are better than that sh!t

Big John
08-18-2012, 03:35 AM
Have the pirates taken all the parts now the units are coming?

éffinergie92
08-18-2012, 12:47 PM
I put a message on my wall as well.

I have nerver spent one euro for a game, so nothing would change for me : still an horrible open rate.
This event is just a complete bull****, I won't participate anymore.

But someone said something true, forum player are a tiny part of the players, I'm not sure it's going to be efficient, but I don't see something else to do.

James_mac
08-18-2012, 01:06 PM
I haven't found or tried to find any parts yet, complete boycott for me! How many parts has the no1 got so far if it's owt like the KA leaderboard events they'll be well over 100 by now

Mackdaddy
08-18-2012, 02:03 PM
I haven't found or tried to find any parts yet, complete boycott for me! How many parts has the no1 got so far if it's owt like the KA leaderboard events they'll be well over 100 by now

Same here James_mac.
I haven't had one atomic box yet. Total opposite from the old style crate events. I used to look in inventorys to find players participating to up my chance of snagging a box or two. Now when attacking I look to make sure they are NOT participating to avoid this event completely.

Mcdoc
08-18-2012, 02:18 PM

You know - I really think that since MW is the last game to convert to Gold Auction Events - that most of the people who were quick to rush in on KA & CC have already seen the tiny light at the end of the tunnel. I am guessing that people who spend lots of Gold in KA & CC probably also play MW - so the big surprise of this kind of event is already gone.

There are probably a lot more people who play MW that don't play CC or KA at all - IMHO.

I would have guessed 2 months ago that it would take between 250 & 300 parts to get in the top 25 for having 2 building upgrades - but at this rate - I bet 80 parts will get you there.

Might also be a factor that people need to upgrade to seven see what's up - maybe there are those out there who still see it "old school" style for now.

Vballmadam
08-18-2012, 02:42 PM
I too haven't tried to find any boxes. In fact I haven't attacked or raided either. I'm taking this time to upgrade and buy AC's in preparation of the upcoming boss event!

Good luck to everyone who is playing.

Tctiger
08-19-2012, 03:45 AM
I started playing cc boss event instead , was on level 11 and so far have defeated boss 19 times for free , more fun than mw at the moment , if your fed up get cc to level 10 and play next boss event for a bit of fun.

Fedupplayer
08-19-2012, 05:55 AM
As a free player and never sampled this new event format, I was intrigued and excited at the possibilities of winning some useful indestructibles. I will admit I had read most of the replies here about the event before it began and could not really understand the commotion regarding bias towards gold players etc.. Now I DO.

Stats . 37 attempts of opening crate so far. All using cash opening (medium chance apparently), 8x fusion cores, 1x100 valor points, a Torpedo boat and a Anti aircraft cannon. 26 failed opening!

What a load of rubbish. So what they are saying now is to get somewhere, u need to spend gold, and lots of it. I see some chap has over 100 tokens already. God he must really want to win! Me? I was happy just to win the Storm tank but now I can't see that happening without spending money.

I guess they don't want free players anymore as I am getting impatient and bored with this!

Read this funzio/gree, without your free players, there will be no one for gold players to attack to satisfy their 'I must win at all cost' mentality. No one to play with means they will leave to, eventually.

Bring back the old crates even boss events. Give us a chance and keep us interested, it's better for u in the long run.

Rant over

Fedupplayer
08-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Forget to say, it probably not too bad if I had actually won more than one bloody crappy indestructible in 3 days like the old events.

Tctiger
08-19-2012, 07:14 AM
Actually scrap cc I just lost all my loot from 20 boss defeats! wtf

Vballmadam
08-19-2012, 07:56 AM
Actually scrap cc I just lost all my loot from 20 boss defeats! wtf

IPlay MW not CC but don't understand loosing all your loot. Is that like loosing all your units won in MW?
Or Loosing all your army? Or all your money or gold?

Vballmadam
08-19-2012, 07:59 AM

Still at 0 crates 0 attempts 0 openings but having fun watching everyone else!
Sounds like many disappointed people!

Mad
08-19-2012, 08:47 AM
I am not playing this event, because it is nothing more than a leveling machine. But I have been doing a lot of spot checks to see if any players at my level are.

In previous events I always found units from the event, but so far I have not found one player with the "Hardened contractor" and I am at level 48/49.

Mackdaddy
08-19-2012, 09:19 AM

And yet, they are still playing!

ucantwin1
08-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Done!
With this event and any further gold purchases.
Thanks to the auction event and the fact that you,re going to have to burn through 4-8 vaults of gold for a shot at the top prize - I'm done.
I'll keep the free/ game cash options for opening but, I have turned of the in app purchase option since this was the only app I used it for.
Thanks Gree - I see the light now.

Vballmadam
08-19-2012, 10:59 AM
And yet, they are still playing!

So do you think there are 2 Mackdaddy's then?

John Snow
08-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Expect more, not fewer, attempts by Funzio/Gree to extract dollars from your pockets. Zynga, the social gaming company that went public late last year, was trading at all time lows this week (below $3/share). Why? Because last week they came out and said they'll earn 50% less this year than they thought. "The core problem is user fatigue: People are playing Zynga's premier games less and spending less on virtual goods such as digital tractors, guns and cows when they do."

I wouldn't be surprised to see a wave of new event formats, one right after another, designed to keep the gold flowing - from your pockets to theirs.

Katalan24
08-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Me too guys I used to be a gold buyer but because the new events and other changes I am not gonna spent any more . Funzio just lost me as a buyer and another 50 friends of mine

Mad
08-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Expect more, not fewer, attempts by Funzio/Gree to extract dollars from your pockets. Zynga, the social gaming company that went public late last year, was trading at all time lows this week (below $3/share). Why? Because last week they came out and said they'll earn 50% less this year than they thought. "The core problem is user fatigue: People are playing Zynga's premier games less and spending less on virtual goods such as digital tractors, guns and cows when they do."

I wouldn't be surprised to see a wave of new event formats, one right after another, designed to keep the gold flowing - from your pockets to theirs.

One of the biggest problems with these games if they made it fun game experience for all players, then the revenues will be there. If their sole motivation is money, then the game will eventually come to an end.

Don't get me wrong. I am not opposed to Funzio making money. That is important for the game to continue.

There is a huge imbalance in the game right now between the free/low to medium gold spenders and the Whales. When players start getting battered and kicked around by the whales who wants to keep playing.

I have heard reports of players pleading on their boards in whale territory for people to quit attacking so they have a chance to rebuild their armies. But the attacks kept coming again and again.... How long will such a player last in the game.

I am not blaming the attackers, this is a war game, I blame Funzio because they have not provided the tools the player needs to continue in the game as a free or low-to-medium gold spender.

Funzio needs to give the Free/low to medium gold spenders a chance to survive at higher levels. If people feel there is hope they will continue playing and will make small purchases of gold.

If Funzio is at all concerned, they can help the free to low/medium gold spenders in the following ways:

Provide new money buildings (that can be bought with cash)
Reduce the upgrade times to the levels of Kingdom Age (I have no idea why KA has much shorter upgrade times than Modern War, but it is not fair)
Create new units with higher defensive values
Create new defensive buildings that pack a punch

Mcdoc
08-19-2012, 12:48 PM
It's almost like that new relationship that was so fresh & new for about 9 months - and then one day - something happens and you turn a corner that you can't go back around where now the feelings you once had of rushing home to your mate to spend quality time has somehow turned a little bitter - and now you can't be in the same room for more than 15 minutes with some kind of yelling - so the break-up is now inevitable - its just how long are you willing to stay because you invested so much into the relationship already and the make-up sex is still pretty good!

Well - that Corner has been turned - the joy is gone - the relationship is now almost a chore & it was supposed to just be fun. AND - The Gold Auction events even killed the make-up sex :/

Oh Wait - this was supposed to be for the Dr Phill Forum :/

Giedrybe
08-19-2012, 01:02 PM

Vballmadam, if your ingame name is the same, so 5h ago you were shown to me as the last in top250 as a target with 10 cores.

I trust you don't play, so is it so that leaderboard is not real leaderboard? Only trying to convince players to go further with "common it is not that far for you"?

dthfrmabv
08-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Vballmadam, if your ingame name is the same, so 5h ago you were shown to me as the last in top250 as a target with 10 cores.

I trust you don't play, so is it so that leaderboard is not real leaderboard? Only trying to convince players to go further with "common it is not that far for you"?

Bottom part now change to 11 cores... Cheiz is on 250th with 11 cores.

dthfrmabv
08-19-2012, 01:07 PM
It's almost like that new relationship that was so fresh & new for about 9 months - and then one day - something happens and you turn a corner that you can't go back around where now the feelings you once had of rushing home to your mate to spend quality time has somehow turned a little bitter - and now you can't be in the same room for more than 15 minutes with some kind of yelling - so the break-up is now inevitable - its just how long are you willing to stay because you invested so much into the relationship already and the make-up sex is still pretty good!

Well - that Corner has been turned - the joy is gone - the relationship is now almost a chore & it was supposed to just be fun. AND - The Gold Auction events even killed the make-up sex :/

Oh Wait - this was supposed to be for the Dr Phill Forum :/

MCDOC you are on the wrong set - this is the Jerry Springer set "dupped and be dupped"

Vballmadam
08-19-2012, 01:56 PM

Wow! That is my in game name! i did not see my name on the list but if that is what they are doing it makes me wonder if they manipulate the leaderboards to get your allies to participate. That is false advertising! I challenge you to check out my inventory and see if any of the units awarded for this event are there. I have been level 138 since the last boss event 2 weeks ago. If I was participating my level would have increased. Wow!

Ryans67
08-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Lol... Or someone hijacked your name. Next thing you know, you'll be as popular as Alex or Sir. Haha

Ascent
08-19-2012, 02:51 PM
If CCM or any other funzionista reads this:

I would have happily spent 4 vaults of gold to get the double upgrade in the classic event format...

I am sure I am not alone :)

Why are you becoming so miserly? It is not like you really care how many people will get virtual trinkets, let alone care about unbalancing the game... in fact, it would have added to the balance, since free players would just jumped on such an opportunity, while gold players dont even have money buildings for FSM's sake...

Great_wall2
08-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Current event: 0 crates found, 0 crates opened, 0 gold spent and proud of it.

jeffrey
08-19-2012, 11:06 PM
I did not want to play the event, but got a few boxes after revenged a few attacks, free hand opened them, got 5 cores now. The last box gave me 300 valors!!! Go figure.

If Ferr didn't pay me a visit, probably got more.

Giedrybe
08-20-2012, 01:22 AM
Vball, I don't need to check your inventory as I trust you without this. And trust me I saw you at 250th place.

Miner
08-20-2012, 07:43 AM
I'm shamed. I hang my head low because I fell for the enticement of the top 250. I had been using cash opens and made it to 10, which, at that time, was 1 away from the top 250. I went on an attack spree (trying to make major anyway) and collected quite a few boxes and used hourly gold opens for a day. I got a slew of fortified snipers and supply frigates and 4 more fusion cores. I feel like such a fool for falling for this!

MadManDK
08-20-2012, 07:48 AM
I'm shamed. I hang my head low because I fell for the enticement of the top 250. I had been using cash opens and made it to 10, which, at that time, was 1 away from the top 250. I went on an attack spree (trying to make major anyway) and collected quite a few boxes and used hourly gold opens for a day. I got a slew of fortified snipers and supply frigates and 4 more fusion cores. I feel like such a fool for falling for this!

I kinda know how you feel. I had my head set on only using free opens, but when I got into the 250, I started using cash to keep up and now I'm one behind again after being in the 250 for 2 days. I'm so tempted to use "a bit of gold", but keep reminding myself that there is no such thing as "a bit of gold" in this game.

mickymacirl
08-20-2012, 08:08 AM
I kinda know how you feel. I had my head set on only using free opens, but when I got into the 250, I started using cash to keep up and now I'm one behind again after being in the 250 for 2 days. I'm so tempted to use "a bit of gold", but keep reminding myself that there is no such thing as "a bit of gold" in this game.

Out of 43 cash attempts, I've had 6 box opens, fortified snipers, supply frigates and 100k cash, so I'd suggest using NO gold at all, you will never catch up at this stage.

Selfproclaimed
08-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Last name I saw half hr ago on the 250 spot. . Was maverick.

Big John
08-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Last name I saw half hr ago on the 250 spot. . Was maverick.

Yeah, said I only need 6 for top 250.

Fazhang
08-21-2012, 09:32 AM
I had sorties for the past 3 days. What a great event....

Ssne
08-21-2012, 10:12 AM
This event defines terrible. I'm being attacked left and right for the stupid boxes and...there is never anything in them. Open rates are terrible even at all cash.

Thief
08-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Currently 1 Day and 13 Hours Remaining. To Date i have 0 Boxes, 0 Opens and 0 Attempts.

This is the First Event that i have not Participated in! Without events this game becomes Modern Camping.....Just Want to point that out Gree. Maybe rotate all of the Events?

PVP, 10 Crate, Auction and Boss: That way ill still participate in 3 of the 4 events.

éffinergie92
08-21-2012, 03:03 PM
i hope we will know how many gold Ferr used for the event. Sometimes I feel Im dreaming when I see his score.

SGT Brody
08-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Who deemed this an "auction style event." It is a gambling event but Gree doesn't want to call it that for fear of drawing the wrong attention but that attention is coming sooner or later whether they like it or not

jeffrey
08-21-2012, 07:48 PM
How many of you said you were going to boycott but ended up opening the looted boxes passively with free hand? I am talking about those who are not actively trying to get the box, but the box drops from attack, so you say what the heck, open it with free hand.

Thunder Child
08-21-2012, 07:54 PM
How many of you said you were going to boycott but ended up opening the looted boxes passively with free hand? I am talking about those who are not actively trying to get the box, but the box drops from attack, so you say what the heck, open it with free hand.Me for one! Had heaps of boxes drop through my normal pattern of PvE.... hit the free button as often as possible (why not?) and got to 10 so far! WTF! Better than any crate event I've ever done! Typical! Still got 15 boxes unopened.... Got to love the boycott!

Vballmadam
08-21-2012, 07:57 PM
How many of you said you were going to boycott but ended up opening the looted boxes passively with free hand? I am talking about those who are not actively trying to get the box, but the box drops from attack, so you say what the heck, open it with free hand.

0 attacks 0 raids 0 pve 0 crates 0 opens 0 attempts for me!

jeffrey
08-21-2012, 08:05 PM
0 attacks 0 raids 0 pve 0 crates 0 opens 0 attempts for me!

I admire your commitment. :D Your husband is one lucky dude to find a faithful woman like you who can stick it to the end.

Vballmadam
08-21-2012, 08:10 PM
I admire your commitment. :D Your husband is one lucky dude to find a faithful woman like you who can stick it to the end.

Thanks! My word, character and integrity mean the world to me!

Agent Orange
08-21-2012, 08:12 PM

Wasn't the point to not buy gold to open boxes......

I've half heartedly opened a few, all free because it is not cost effective to use cash for grunts. Hmm sounds like some sort of song title... but if I forget while I am playing my current strategy I don't care. Free opens are very limited anyway and cash opens are just about as lousy.

Problem with these events is players such as SSne get obliterated by other players looking for these stoopid boxes even if they don't have any. So you wind up loosing units to useless attacks.

jeffrey
08-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Me for one! Had heaps of boxes drop through my normal pattern of PvE.... hit the free button as often as possible (why not?) and got to 10 so far! WTF! Better than any crate event I've ever done! Typical! Still got 15 boxes unopened.... Got to love the boycott!

Wow, you got 10 so far, I have 8, no box. I don't think I will get to 10.

jeffrey
08-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Wasn't the point to not buy gold to open boxes......

I've half heartedly opened a few, all free because it is not cost effective to use cash for grunts. Hmm sounds like some sort of song title... but if I forget while I am playing my current strategy I don't care. Free opens are very limited anyway and cash opens are just about as lousy.

Problem with these events is players such as SSne get obliterated by other players looking for these stoopid boxes even if they don't have any. So you wind up loosing units to useless attacks.

I agree that even cash is not worth it for this type of event from the CC experience.

Speaking of someone paid me a visit, McDoc attacked me the 2nd day of the event and Ferr visited me the very next day. Ferr got a box from me, and McDoc didn't since I wasn't trying so no box for 2 days. I kissed up, so they left me along since. :o

Copenhagen
08-21-2012, 09:07 PM
My boycott was No Gold. First two days I opened 0. Landed a few crates in PVP and landed 5 parts with the Free option. Hit 6 and 7 with cash and then went back to Free and landed 8 and 9.

Mcdoc
08-22-2012, 01:55 AM
Lets be real - boycotting the event doesn't really send a message - they probably don't track or cars who does Free & Cash opens - BUT - boycotting buying Gold to chase after the event - that shows up in somebody's revenue report & affects the profit of the company.

Who cares if you did free opens or cash Owens and ended up with two free indestructible units - but I havent bought one dollar of Gold this month - and that's highly unusual for me. A few thousand players like me who drop Off the cash receipts can send a message.

MadManDK
08-22-2012, 03:51 AM
No gold and got nr. 15 today. Started with free opens the first days and then started using cash, as I saw a chance to get the 10th item. Never thought I'd get this far with minimum effort.

Ryans67
08-22-2012, 08:52 AM
It's also hard to boycott when you have so many chasing the top. Who cares about me buying a vault when you have guys buying 5 an hour. I didn't really care too much until I realized that they changed the odds in the middle of this event. That just pisses me off. Rather then ignore it any longer, I spoke with the DOJ today. They are going to look into it. You can have greedy events all you want, but when you start manipulating a contest in the middle of it, something needs to be done.

Tate
08-22-2012, 09:47 AM
They have manipulated every event so far, from what I see. How many ppl have spent hundreds on gold in the past events and ended up with no 10th part? I believe that once you have used gold to open, the devs have set it up so that if you use in-game cash after that your odds of opening, never mind receiving parts, drops dramatically. The few times I have gotten to 10 I used virtually NO gold, almost all cash opens. This may only be my experience but I would like to hear from anyone else that has had similar results.

Edit: It's actually not too hard to boycott if you think about it. With only 25 players getting the top unit, it's easy to realize that most of us aren't going to spend that much on gold, and the second place unit isn't all that great either.

Mcdoc
08-22-2012, 11:29 AM
WOW - I had stated earlier that I thought 80 parts would get you the top 25 spot since the event has run so slow in the beginning. Just checked and Ferr is over 700 for 1st place and the 25th spot was around 130. Oh well - I guess the bidding war has 12 hours to manipulate everyone into spending WAY more than they set out.

Dirk Durbin37
08-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Yeah Mcdoc, this may have been the least successful boycott in the history of boycotts. This is a sad turn of events for this game. Probably nothing but champagne showers all throughout Gree(d)'s office. I hope it at least stings their eyes a bit. Has CCMark been around at all since this whole change happened?? Would love to hear if he is still representing what the public has to say. It has been proven that they don't care what we think though.

jeffrey
08-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Lets be real - boycotting the event doesn't really send a message - they probably don't track or cars who does Free & Cash opens - BUT - boycotting buying Gold to chase after the event - that shows up in somebody's revenue report & affects the profit of the company.

Who cares if you did free opens or cash Owens and ended up with two free indestructible units - but I havent bought one dollar of Gold this month - and that's highly unusual for me. A few thousand players like me who drop Off the cash receipts can send a message.

I haven't spent a dim this month either, fed up with waiting for the event, then this stupid leadfrog event. Major turn off.So cash and gold boycott for me. :D

Dr. Dengus
08-22-2012, 08:16 PM
Has CCMark been around at all since this whole change happened?? Would love to hear if he is still representing what the public has to say. It has been proven that they don't care what we think though.

Looks like he's just been lurking, if at all. His last post was about a week ago. Probably easier for him to stay silent than answer things out of his control lol.

Ryans67
08-22-2012, 08:17 PM
CCMark hasn't logged on in 5 days.... They all fled with everyone's money! Lol.

jeffrey
08-22-2012, 08:42 PM
I got 2 more cores today with free hand open for a total of 10 cores and received the warthog, very sweet, all free hand. I am done for sure, no box anyway. :p Thank you, Gree, for the 2 indestructible units!

Prisoner of War
08-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Seems like this game has become so money driven and greedy,it is no longer fun,not for a medium gold spender like i was,nor for a free player like i'm now.I stopped buying gold a while back,and regret ever spending a penny on this game.
So i'm not only boycotting the event, but the game. :cool:

umayos_ka123@yahoo.com
08-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Count me in, They are just suckers......... Disgusting

umayos_ka123@yahoo.com
08-23-2012, 07:49 AM
I had sorties for the past 3 days. What a great event....

I'm sure that this wacko is a Funzio employee!

Mad
08-23-2012, 07:56 AM
I am wondering if some of these winners are having regrets on how much money they spent on this event?

Aidan
08-23-2012, 07:58 AM
I'm soo dissapointed with you guys... So much for a boycott.
From using bare hands to "just cash opens" to "just few golds"

Tanner
08-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Easiest boycott I've ever participated in my entire life. Knowing the Greed behind this event and the lowest odds ever of being top 250 or 25 was just extra motivation.