PDA

View Full Version : Helpful Info for Beating the Boss Event

chimera69
08-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Wanted to share with all the link(s) to Beat the Boss info/how-to threads from the other 2 forums, as MW & KA have already done a few of these. You'll find a bunch of info on how to play, how to maximize your hits, etc.

This link is in MW & goes thru most of what you'll be looking for

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37548-Beat-the-Boss-Attack-Timeline-with-and-without-health-boost

chimera69
08-16-2012, 07:01 PM
This is the link for KA's initial discussions of their boss event:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37679-Beat-the-Boss-(for-when-it-shows-up-in-KA)

There are some slight but significant differences between MW & KA boss events. Guess we'll have to find how our's differs.

Dipstik
08-16-2012, 07:13 PM
So your health goes up one point every minute and down 25 every attack. Your health doesn't reset after you beat a boss. Am I missing something or is this as simple as it looks? Not that that surprises me, but there doesn't even seem to be much luck here... Just attack, wait, attack again. It lasts 2 hours and then what? We wait for another one to pop up eventually?

murf
08-16-2012, 07:14 PM
So your health goes up one point every minute and down 25 every attack. Your health doesn't reset after you beat a boss. Am I missing something or is this as simple as it looks? Not that that surprises me, but there doesn't even seem to be much luck here... Just attack, wait, attack again. It lasts 2 hours and then what? We wait for another one to pop up eventually?

Dipstick,

The key is if you wait 26 minutes, you get 26 energy back...after 1st hit, you still have 1 energy left, so you get a cheap 2nd hit

Dipstik
08-16-2012, 07:26 PM
And hoping he shows up... Just dumped 50 stamina

murf
08-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Dipstick,

The key is if you wait 26 minutes, you get 26 energy back...after 1st hit, you still have 1 energy left, so you get a cheap 2nd hit

Also, just found out, if you don't bring enough money for the 2nd attack and retreat to get more money, you can't fight until you are back to 25 stamina...so if you were down to 3 stamina, you have to wait 22 minutes.

I think the same goes for if you defeat a boss, you have to wait until you get back to 25 stamina to fight again as well

dudeman
08-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Am I understanding correctly that the Devil's Take Down will allow me to regen 1 HP every 48 seconds rather than 1/minute?

If this is correct, I guess everyone who didn't get it or didn't care about it will be wishing they had.

Pasta
08-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Am I understanding correctly that the Devil's Take Down will allow me to regen 1 HP every 48 seconds rather than 1/minute?

If this is correct, I guess everyone who didn't get it or didn't care about it will be wishing they had.What does devil's takedown do??

chimera69
08-16-2012, 07:50 PM

If this is correct, I guess everyone who didn't get it or didn't care about it will be wishing they had.

If the devil's take down is the event item with 20% faster health recovery, then what you're asking is correct. Nice, huh? Wish I had it.

iteachem
08-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Question.. I have beaten two bosses won the vicious smg and a car but my goal shows 1 out of 30... Am I missing something

Polarbear
08-16-2012, 07:55 PM
If the devil's take down is the event item with 20% faster health recovery, then what you're asking is correct. Nice, huh? Wish I had it.

It regenerates energy faster... Is this considered the same as health?
If that was the case wouldnt the goodfella upgrade for energy also reduce time for energy recovery by 10%. (which i dont think itdoes)

Edit : typo

Pasta
08-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Question.. I have beaten two bosses won the vicious smg and a car but my goal shows 1 out of 30... Am I missing somethingIt didnt show at first in the goals list. So u beat 1 after it showed.. I'm guessing

iteachem
08-16-2012, 07:58 PM
So should I put in a support ticket or am I just screwed? I think your right as the boss showed up right as I updated, then I beat it and then the goals

Pasta
It regenerates energy faster... Is this considered the same as health?
If that was the case wouldnt the goodfella upgrade for energy also reduce time for health recovery by 10%. (which i dont think itdoes)Oh if it regenerates energy faster than no.. Its HEALTH not energy. But next leaderboard event top 25 will be like 20% faster health and top 1 is 30% (guessing from MW and KA)

Polarbear
It didnt show at first in the goals list. So u beat 1 after it showed.. I'm guessing

+1

For people who started event before goal was introduced got screwed over....

But unless your going for gold, it won't make a difference.

Pasta
08-16-2012, 07:59 PM
So should I put in a support ticket or am I just screwed? I think your right as the boss showed up right as I updated, then I beat it and then the goalsWell if u plan on spending 2-4 vaults to beat all bosses to get the grand prize then yes. If not then u don't have to care.

<3 Hz
08-16-2012, 08:03 PM
How often do these bosses come back for more beatings?

iteachem
No gold on this so thanks...

chimera69
So should I put in a support ticket or am I just screwed? I think your right as the boss showed up right as I updated, then I beat it and then the goals

Same with me. I beat 3 bosses, then the goal showed up. Currently, my boss # when I've fought him shows 4 but my goals shows 1/30.

I'm just going to wait a 1/2 day or so before sending in a ticket - hopefully they'll fix it before I have to start nagging them about it. It wouldn't be a true Funzio/Gree event without the early glitches!

iteachem
08-16-2012, 08:04 PM

I have third in an hour and 15

iteachem
08-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Okay, call me daft but the where does amount of health show? I see my energy and stamina, but the bar during the fight shows it dropping by 25 but I don't se the total original amount

Polarbear
08-16-2012, 08:07 PM

There is no limit to how many you fight as long as you have enough health

Polarbear
08-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Okay, call me daft but the where does amount of health show? I see my energy and stamina, but the bar during the fight shows it dropping by 25 but I don't se the total original amount

I believe it doesn't show, but can easily be calculated using the timer. Knowing you have to wait 24 mins means you have 25-24 = 1 health.

chimera69
08-16-2012, 08:11 PM
@iteachem - the total amount of energy of that bar is 100 ( but you're right, you don't actually see that #)

@<3Hz - if you've killed a boss, you can get to the next one after waiting a few minutes assuming you have enough health points (minimum of 25) left. But it's typically best to wait until all your health has regenerated before fighting a new boss.

dudeman
08-16-2012, 08:25 PM
What does devil's takedown do??

Energy regens 65% faster. But the way it works is really 66% faster because you get 5 energy instead of 3 each time.

Nope, I guess not. We haven't had a 20% faster health item because we didn't have boss events. 65% faster energy recovery, not health.

Illuminati
08-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Can someone explain to me how to get a boss to show up? It says complete a mission but what exactly does that mean? Do you have to complete one of the "goals" in the upper left? Or can you do a "job" as if you were farming something?

dudeman
08-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Can someone explain to me how to get a boss to show up? It says complete a mission but what exactly does that mean? Do you have to complete one of the "goals" in the upper left? Or can you do a "job" as if you were farming something?

You get the bosses to show up by doing the exact same things you need to do to get event boxes for the other style of event (collect whatever).

chimera69
08-16-2012, 08:29 PM

Do any mission, even one on the 1st map.

Pasta
08-16-2012, 08:30 PM
Just PVP OR PVE..

Illuminati
08-16-2012, 08:31 PM
You get the bosses to show up by doing the exact same things you need to do to get event boxes for the other stour of event (collect whatever).

Hmm...just blew 3000 energy in the Cartel Compound and nothing...

dudeman
08-16-2012, 08:32 PM

Oh nice, my piece of crap iPad acts up and causes me to take 2 minutes to fix a little typo, and that's when you quote me. Nice.

chimera69
08-16-2012, 08:35 PM

Are you trying to get your very 1st boss to show? If so, do you have the latest version of CC? A new update came out just a few hours ago.

mxz
08-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Hmm...just blew 3000 energy in the Cartel Compound and nothing...Yeah....if you're not triggering by attacking or robbing just go to the first map and do a 1XP low energy one.

Pasta
08-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Robbing Laundromats is an easy way

Illuminati
08-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Are you trying to get your very 1st boss to show? If so, do you have the latest version of CC? A new update came out just a few hours ago.

Yes I updated CC and if I check my "goals" on the upper left, it says "Defeat Eddie Sato 30 times". In addition to blowing through 3000 energy in the Cartel Compound, I just spent 20 stamina attacking people but still nothing.

chimera69
08-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Yes I updated CC and if I check my "goals" on the upper left, it says "Defeat Eddie Sato 30 times". In addition to blowing through 3000 energy in the Cartel Compound, I just spent 20 stamina attacking people but still nothing.

Well then, I suggest you employ a hi tec solution- try exiting out of the game, turn off your device then go back in :)

If the games not being glitchy, you should be able to trigger a boss after just a couple missions/attacks (but you may have to wait 30-60 seconds for the "Epic enemy approaching" screen to show.

dthfrmabv
08-16-2012, 08:48 PM
I believe it doesn't show, but can easily be calculated using the timer. Knowing you have to wait 24 mins means you have 25-24 = 1 health.

for the first 3 attacks it will take out 1/4 or 25% of your energy... the last attack will zero out your energy. You can't see the numerics but you can estimate on the level bar.

Assuming you start with a FULL health - Make your first 3 attacks as soon the boss comes up (estimated time after 3 attacks is 1:59 on boss counter) then wait a minute or two then make another 2 attack... This will bring yopu to zero health. Get a stop watch and set for 26 minutes (I use with my Ipad) and then attack 2X again... a lot of ppl use 25 but that only gives u 1 attack waiting for another minute provides you with 2 attacks.

I am just copying and posting this post from someone else:

2:00 Hit 1
1:59 Hit 2
1:59 Hit 3 0:01
0:02
1:58 Hit 4 wait 1 miniute with 25 healthto provide Hit 5
1:58 Hit 5 zero health
0:26
1:32 Hit 6 timer 26 minute for hit 6 and 7
1:32 Hit 7

1:06 Hit 8 timer 26 minute for hit 8 and 9
1:06 Hit 9

0:40 Hit 10 timer 26 minute for hit 10 and 11
0:40 Hit 11

0:14 Hit 12 timer 26 minute for hit 12 and 13
0:14 Hit 13

Vince the Fist
08-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Hilarious! I love the noise he makes when he dies.

Carlos,
08-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Did they just nerf the "cheap hit"? (hitting the boss when you have like 1hp left)

I keep trying to get my 2nd hit in but it does nothing

dthfrmabv
08-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Did they just nerf the "cheap hit"? (hitting the boss when you have like 1hp left)

I keep trying to get my 2nd hit in but it does nothing

I don't think so... dont close out the event or else it will reset the time to wait for a full 25% roughly 25 minutes (your 1hp+24 to make it to 25)... just keep attacking sometimes it hangs and looks like nothing happen. It did it to me couple of times as long as I had that 1 hp I am able to attack till i get the hit against the boss

Illuminati
08-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Hmm finally got the event working...and used 10g for a First Aid Pack..wasn't aware that you don't get a full refill.

Pasta
08-16-2012, 09:23 PM

I keep trying to get my 2nd hit in but it does nothingProbably was too fast

Khayman
08-16-2012, 09:26 PM
More info

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/3144/img0266n.png

All are good stuff IMHO. This kind of events are better than last ones by far.

chimera69
08-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Yes, I like the Boss events much better than the Leaderboard ones.

_dan_
08-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Sound like you have to use gold to fight later bosses.

Free players only ask: how many bosses you can beat without gold (how far you can go ?)

Vile Lynn
08-16-2012, 10:23 PM
And hoping he shows up... Just dumped 50 stamina

In KA & MW the bosses show up really quick... & very often, usually in the first few hits.

Halfway thru the boss events they become annoying, popping up every two hours.

Vile Lynn
08-16-2012, 10:29 PM
I found out the hard way after wasting 60 gems in KA...

The boss will leave in EXACTLY two hours. I had almost killed a boss in KA, during my last hit that would have finished him, the timer ran out & he was gone! During the last attack! I had to start over with a new boss & kiss those wasted gems good-bye. I thought I would, at least, be able to finish him off, but no... he got away.

Use your gold wisely & watch that timer.

dthfrmabv
08-17-2012, 12:27 AM
I found out the hard way after wasting 60 gems in KA...

The boss will leave in EXACTLY two hours. I had almost killed a boss in KA, during my last hit that would have finished him, the timer ran out & he was gone! During the last attack! I had to start over with a new boss & kiss those wasted gems good-bye. I thought I would, at least, be able to finish him off, but no... he got away.

Use your gold wisely & watch that timer.

Sharing your pain Happened to me too in KA boss event - imo dont push ur luck when ur health is only 25% left. U may not have a chance to catch boss if the timer is less than 27 minutes ( even that you only have 1 minute to take him out completely!!!)

koma
08-17-2012, 01:30 AM
Maybe there are any info about defense of 30-50 bosses? wanna to count have i any chance to defeat them during 2 hours and how much gold do i need to spend on them.

Blueshoot
08-17-2012, 01:39 AM
Why don't I have this event?

Lars
08-17-2012, 02:19 AM
Why don't I have this event?

The update of CC just released is needed for this event.

dthfrmabv
08-17-2012, 02:23 AM
Maybe there are any info about defense of 30-50 bosses? wanna to count have i any chance to defeat them during 2 hours and how much gold do i need to spend on them.

I would suggest doing the free hits first and then do the cash open you apply gold attack if you feel you can take out the boss... at a certain level.

by the way I think you only need to kill boss 30X to get the main prize.

SiennaSharpe
08-17-2012, 03:16 AM
I happened to level up and my health reset to full. Not that helpful unless you plan to level up anyway, but if so you can time to your advantage. Improved humvee :)

Dr BoneCrusher
08-17-2012, 03:51 AM
Anyone have a screenshot of where you can buy health packs I can't find them

Max Power
08-17-2012, 03:53 AM
I am able to get to level 5 with no gold and 68K attack. I am not going to sit with a timer to do better. Since these bosses get progressively harder, I imagine that it will take a fair amount of gold to get done with level 30.

Basically, Bosses are nothing more than interactive Scratchers or Crates. Nothing more, nothing less.

I will be interested to see the spenders post how much gold it takes to win the grand prize.

Polarbear
08-17-2012, 04:08 AM
I am able to get to level 5 with no gold and 68K attack. I am not going to sit with a timer to do better. Since these bosses get progressively harder, I imagine that it will take a fair amount of gold to get done with level 30.

Basically, Bosses are nothing more than interactive Scratchers or Crates. Nothing more, nothing less.

I will be interested to see the spenders post how much gold it takes to win the grand prize.

True that, but this event also gives free players a good chance of winning a few more prizes if they are patient.
Thus we might finally get less complaints from people! Hopefully....

Just finished 9th with 52k Attk... Will have to add mafia to get any higher :(

@bone medpack pops up if you try to fight when you are dead, or have retreated with less than 25 health.

DenZ1
08-17-2012, 04:20 AM
Found another glitch. When you fight boss and you win, but with gained experience you level up - level up screen shows up and after you select your skill points allocation, boss event screen goes away and you won't get your loot!!!!!

Moral - if you are about to level up, do it BEFORE you go to final fight with your current level boss.

ShawnBB
08-17-2012, 04:26 AM
Hey guys, I can't even beat the lvl1 boss! What is going on?

Do they count everyone's absolute attack, so 500mafia will have the most advantage?

chimera69
08-17-2012, 04:27 AM
Anyone have a screenshot of where you can buy health packs I can't find them

If the Boss has just killed you, the initial screen that comes up has a button to buy a health pack. If you've already exited out of all those screens & then decide to buy one, then click in the goal for the boss (the one that's showing you the countdown in time left for you to kill that boss). When you choose the option to 'fight' the boss again but have too little health left to do so yet (<25) you'll be taken to the screen offering you health packs again.

Polarbear
08-17-2012, 04:33 AM
Hey guys, I can't even beat the lvl1 boss! What is going on?

Do they count everyone's absolute attack, so 500mafia will have the most advantage?

Yup event is based on mafia level, and independent of mafia count. Explosives are also rather useful too now.

chimera69
08-17-2012, 04:39 AM
Initial boss strength at the start of the event is based on your raw attack stats at that time. It's possible your level plays some role in the calculations as well, although CCMark has denied this in the past. Then, boss gets progressively harder (sometimes extremely quickly). So, you're right, the more mafia you add, the stronger you'll get to beat boss again - same with getting more weapons/explosives, etc.

Polarbear
08-17-2012, 04:58 AM
Initial boss strength at the start of the event is based on your raw attack stats at that time. It's possible your level plays some role in the calculations as well, although CCMark has denied this in the past. Then, boss gets progressively harder (sometimes extremely quickly). So, you're right, the more mafia you add, the stronger you'll get to beat boss again - same with getting more weapons/explosives, etc.

If its based on my raw attack at the specific time wouldn't it be logical to start the event with say 100 mafia and once it's started boost that to 500?

chimera69
08-17-2012, 05:13 AM
@ polarbear - Exactly right. That's what I & many other players have done. Start with lower mafia #'s until the event comes out. Then add bunches of people. At the end, I just drop all the added mafia I'd added

Polarbear
08-17-2012, 05:23 AM
Could go one further and blow up all my explosives on noodles or someone b4 event and then relign with 500 top end nades... essentially adding 15k attack

or.....

just spend 100 bucks to save all that effort...

Think option 2 sounds much easier.

chimera69
08-17-2012, 05:27 AM
Outstanding idea. With the right attitude & perspective, thses events really can be fun.

Dipstik
08-17-2012, 07:33 AM
Boy, all the people whining about 499ers are going to explode...

Noghri_ViR
08-17-2012, 07:56 AM
Since there's been some back and forth on this, is 500 mafia the limit on these events? If I have more it's still useless right?

I can't even beat the second boss. I'm level 157 with 24.8k attack and I'm using the cash option to fight and I can't even get close to beating the boss.

TonySpaghetti
08-17-2012, 07:58 AM
If you level up while in the middle of a fight, your health gets restored too. Can't remember if it was a total restore or just partial.

Pasta
08-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Since there's been some back and forth on this, is 500 mafia the limit on these events? If I have more it's still useless right?

I can't even beat the second boss. I'm level 157 with 24.8k attack and I'm using the cash option to fight and I can't even get close to beating the boss.High lvl gets EXTREMELY hard bosses.. And unlucky for u, u only have 24k ak

chimera69
08-17-2012, 08:32 AM
500 mafia is the max used limit in the game as well as the event. Have more mob members adds nothing extra to your stats. Buying stronger weapons/armor, etc (via in game cash, respect points, etc) is the other main way to gain more strength.

Hi level players seem to be having a hard time defeating the boss more than a handful of times. This is consistent with what others have found in MW & KA boss events. It's much tougher to increase stats at higher levels as compared to lower levels, as HLP's are typically already starting with gaudy attack#'s.

Luciferianism
08-17-2012, 08:35 AM

I can't even beat the second boss. I'm level 157 with 24.8k attack and I'm using the cash option to fight and I can't even get close to beating the boss.

I'm level 153 with 38.8K attack. : |. I suggest you buy offensive explosives. I'm guessing you're piss poor so just go with anthrax.

Polarbear
08-17-2012, 09:10 AM
Or farm those Nades on last map.

I'm still rushing to 145 to pump out 500 sarins for this event

Edit: then realized it costs 162.5m.... Might have to start saving for a few days.

Khayman
08-17-2012, 10:29 AM
If you level up while in the middle of a fight, your health gets restored too. Can't remember if it was a total restore or just partial.

Good point gentleman. The extra restore can brings you 2-3 more items.

Khayman
08-17-2012, 10:32 AM
Can i see my health bar before and without invoking the boss? Do I need to time it?

Pasta
08-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Can i see my health bar before and without invoking the boss? Do I need to time it?I don't think u can see it.

Khayman
08-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Thank you Mr. Pasta. It's better than leader events for free players but a very little step. That's talking about loot* because mechanics, even funny, makes you addicted to the chronometer.

*Edit: And minimize the random factor in one hand (opens) but increase in the another hand (common-uncommon-rare instead increasing quality of the loot)

Paulio
08-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks Chimera and everyone else. This is great info.

Noghri_ViR
08-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Or farm those Nades on last map.

I'm still rushing to 145 to pump out 500 sarins for this event

Edit: then realized it costs 162.5m.... Might have to start saving for a few days.

what mission is that?

Pasta
08-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Don't talk about it carlos!!

Dangerous
09-05-2012, 03:43 AM
Hello all

Just beat the boss level 8. I am lvl 91 and have 7.3K attack. 7K attack over the max possible number of non gold paid attackswas not enough to kill him.

Where can I find out how many hitpoint level 9 boss has so I can work out if I can kill him by adding mafia?

Is there a post where it has all the hitpoints for all the levels?