PDA

View Full Version : A few questions from a new player

MrSpidey
08-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Hello everybody,

Just started to play this game from May this year.
I read, ofcourse, as much as possible of the "best of the best guides" but still got some questions and hoping you can clear it up for me:

1) If Iīm not mistaken I read that it is easier to attack someone than to rob his/her buildings. Why is it that for me it is easier to rob the buildings than to attack that person in his neighbourhood? Maybe this issue has been addressed in one of the topics, I didnīt find it.

2) At the moment I only see around the same level in pvp. From what level does lvl200 see you?

3) I'm lvl115 at the moment with 23.5k Attack and 25k real Defense with 500 Mafia, whatīs the average attack and defense of those lvl200 with which I have to cope in the future?

4) If I attack someone who has, letīs say, 200 Mafia, will I attack that person or his/her buildings with 200 Mafia as well, or will I attack with my 500 Mafia?

5) Iīm not a big real money spender. Whatīs better to do: stay at this level, loot own buildings, create/upgrade buildings, buy attacking/defensive items to gain better stats and then go on. Or, just go on with what I do now, and thatīs doing a lot of pvpīing for getting RP, robbing for the loot and trying to get each PVE section to lvl5 for the bonusses?

I really hope someone can address these questions, thanks in advance! :)

Juaco
08-16-2012, 12:38 PM
1) I find it easier to rob than to attack.
2) Last I heard 160 or 170+
3) 100K+
4) With 500 mafia.
5) You're good just don't do the PVE jobs unless you're farming an item.

MrSpidey
08-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Juaco! :)

3) 100K+?? :)
Hmm, how to get this kind of attack and defense?! :)

5) I donīt follow you here. Why not doing those PVE jobs? Is it that you then level too quickly or so?

Vile Lynn
08-16-2012, 12:43 PM
It is easier to rob than attack.

----

I think there is some debate about number 4... some think that you match mafia. Iow, if you have 500 & attack a rival with 100, you use only 100 or vice-versa or something like that. It is a strategy some players use to hide from stronger players, I think... but I really don't know because I've never had a low mafia. Players who have super low mafia say they almost always win attacks from stronger players with full mafia. Technically, you use 500 mafia at level 100+. This is one of those nifty CC mysteries.

Juaco
08-16-2012, 12:43 PM
3) Buy lots and lots of gold.
5) Doing PVE eventually causes you be weak in the game so it's better to just farm items.

sister morphine
08-16-2012, 12:49 PM
1. Meh. It's all the same for me - sometimes I get to a hood and leave without doing anything because it would just be cruel to hit someone with under 10K attack for their 500 mafia
2 to 4. Like Joaquim says
5. Also like Joaquim says, plus doing the map jobs to that extent means you'll level up too quick for your own good. I've been playing since January and my hoods are on 110 (34K attack, 500 mafia) and 87 (circa 19K attack on 435 mafia maybe - I have less than 300 at present).. QED

Paulio
08-16-2012, 01:16 PM
1) It is a general consensus that it is MUCH easier to successfully rob a rival than to successfully attack

2) Last I heard was about 162 to enter the HLs (brackets open considerably), but players at level 200 may not be able to see that low. See this thread: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37527-The-Shark-Tank&highlight=shark+tank

3) I don't agree with Joaquim on that 100K+ figure. I'm sure there are many players up there with those stats and higher, but I don't think the average is anywhere near that.

4) Your total mafia attack is based upon YOUR mafia, not your opponents. There have been glitches where you can see rivals with around 200 mafia. When I attacked, I brought 500 mafia into battle.

5) Like the others said, map jobs cause you to level very quickly and the rewards are not very good. If I were you, I would continue focusing on PvP and robbing buildings with a good RP:XP ratio. This will allow you to stay competitive at your level without spending a lot of real money.

MrSpidey
08-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Guys and girls, thank you for your informative input! :)

Ok, holding off the PVE action then.
Iīll try to find a PVE NPC which gives me a reasonable item and costs as little as possible exp ;)

For the rest Iīll steadily will go on with PVP action to get RP and loot.

Thanks again!

Paulio
08-16-2012, 02:03 PM
If you're going to loot, check this spreadsheet: http://goo.gl/efYtu

MrSpidey
08-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Ha, thanks Paulio. This list is more updated than the list I had :)

Vile Lynn
08-16-2012, 02:53 PM
4) Your total mafia attack is based upon YOUR mafia, not your opponents. There have been glitches where you can see rivals with around 200 mafia. When I attacked, I brought 500 mafia into battle.

Maybe Paulio... I need to find the thread about this, I guess.

Just like def building stats, there is something else going on in the programming that lets low-mafias beat full-mafias. I really don't know, like I said, but players with low mafia & lower stats win attacks for some reason when they are attacked by full/500 mafias. The screen says you are using 500, but are you when you attack someone with 100 mafia?
Idk. Plux does... where has he been?

(posting for the sake of argument, but not personally with you)

Paulio
08-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I wish he had a better understanding of att/def skill points. I'm reluctant to allocate anymore there, but hate the idea that I'm missing out on something good.