PDA

View Full Version : Vault Size??

moneybags
08-16-2012, 11:18 AM
If Gree were to increase the vault size how should they do it?

Increase by a certain amount for money, but not limit to 10 million?

Make it like CC so you get 10% off each deposit but can deposit infinite amount?

Increase you vault by you level in the game?

Miner
08-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Make it the 10th item boost in a crate event! 10mil extra vault.

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Increase the vault size as you level. Level 100 should be 10m, with increases to match levels to level 200 at a vault total of 30m.

Thief
08-16-2012, 11:25 AM
As much as I hate worrying about going over Vault i think that is part of the game? It forces you to buy more Defense with your Cash...or Risk going over for an expensive Building Upgrade. Maybe it's just me but it adds an element of strategy and a whole lot of luck that makes it interesting. Everytime i go over vault i log in more to see if i've been hit :P

Thief
08-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Increase the vault size as you level. Level 100 should be 10m, with increases to match levels to level 200 at a vault total of 30m.

Actually if they do increase the Vault this seems to be the most logical Approach.

So Everyone under level 100 plays the game as is and then for everyone that goes closer to Whale Territory (above 100) they get 2 Million Protected extra for every 10 Levels. (or 200k for every Level)

John Snow
08-16-2012, 11:29 AM
As much as I hate worrying about going over Vault i think that is part of the game? It forces you to buy more Defense with your Cash...or Risk going over for an expensive Building Upgrade. Maybe it's just me but it adds an element of strategy and a whole lot of luck that makes it interesting. Everytime i go over vault i log in more to see if i've been hit :P

I agree. It adds a different strategy element to the game.

moneybags
08-16-2012, 11:33 AM
The problem is that all of my upgrades are over 20 mil. No matter what I have to have un-vaulted cash sitting around.

Miner
08-16-2012, 11:37 AM
The problem is that all of my upgrades are over 20 mil. No matter what I have to have un-vaulted cash sitting around.

Just shot you an ally request.

Wdigeorge
08-16-2012, 11:37 AM
This is a double edge sword. The higher the vault limit, the better your protection but also limits the amount and chances you have to catch another rival over vaulted. There should be some risks involved or the game would get boring.

Miner
08-16-2012, 11:39 AM
This is a double edge sword. The higher the vault limit, the better your protection but also limits the amount and chances you have to catch another rival over vaulted. There should be some risks involved or the game would get boring.

I agree with you george. I like forcing players to go over vault to earn the last 2 cash money buildings (nanos and space centers). It separates the strong players from the weak as well.

sexkitteh
08-16-2012, 11:40 AM

The fact that you can bank ten mill is pretty awesome...

+1 to the game getting boring if you are 100% protected...

CC had the same "argument" in essence. Players complained that most of the bonus items added 100 to attack or was in some way Attack oriented... well.. that's because these are fighting games... fighting is the heart of the game... not defense...

someone attacks you and robs you... attack back and get your money back!

Mad
08-16-2012, 11:41 AM
I understand everyone's frustration, but at the same time if everyone has $200 million vaults and everyone has all gold armies (that can't be beat) what is the purpose of this game?

There has to be someway to lose here.

Thief
08-16-2012, 11:44 AM

There is no way that all of your upgrades cost more than 20 Million if you only make $536,839 IPH. I make almost 100k more an hour and i still have 90% of my upgrades costing less than 20 Million....Its just more beneficial if i upgrade my Oil Rigs to Level 5...or my Nanos to level 2....but then i run the risk of loosing money. How do i minimize that risk? By upgrading the other buildings so i jump from 10 Million-30 Million in a day or two instead of 3+ days or by building Defense. I respect your wish for better Vault but unless your a low level then you udon't have all upgrades costing more than 20 million and if you do then you can have a better defense than anyone with your income to buy units.

Ace

sexkitteh
08-16-2012, 11:45 AM
BTW - how come you didn't leave an option for -> It's fine the way it is

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Well 30m is nothing at level 200.

moneybags
08-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Thief- that is not my real IPH I have not updated that for 2 months now.

You are right, I do have small upgrades that do not matter. I could waste my time upgrading them just to make this point clear. But obviously there is no point. I have already built all of the defense buildings that are allowed. I am not a gold player so I only have what I can buy without gold. Any my defense is 2000+ of my offense. I actually don't run into many players that take my cash.

albeezy
08-16-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm finishing all high output building upgrades 20 million and under then the strategy will change to under 35 million. I think I can reach a point where I can collect over 10 million at once from my ors orefs oms and other money buildings. Currently I can collect about 5-6 at one time from just my munitions rigs refineries and mines when synched

Arizona
08-16-2012, 12:07 PM
I can't answer the poll question.
Just leave the vault alone and work around it. That's part of the fun, taking risks.

Mad
08-16-2012, 12:11 PM
I can't answer the poll question.
Just leave the vault alone and work around it. That's part of the fun, taking risks.

Exactly. I find that losing is what makes it interesting. It forces me to strategize how to avoid the loss the next time.

el_gringo
08-16-2012, 12:20 PM
I think it should be done by level.

I'm at lvl 60 and reckon the vault for this level should only be about 6 million, it's almost impossible to find rivals with this much cash, let alone 10m +

However, at lv 150 + I can foresee it being very difficult to survive with just 10m vault.

albeezy
08-16-2012, 12:38 PM
I think it should be done by level.

I'm at lvl 60 and reckon the vault for this level should only be about 6 million, it's almost impossible to find rivals with this much cash, let alone 10m +

However, at lv 150 + I can foresee it being very difficult to survive with just 10m vault.
as a mostly free player it can be difficult, but puts the strategy back in the game. I initially had to sell space centers and railguns to get 17 million+ upgrades but now I can get to 16 million in two days by gaining 10 million in 1.5 days and then collecting various buildings I have upgraded (2 lvl 4 Oil Rigs 962k*2 = 1.9 million, 2 level level 5 Oil Refineries 800k * 2 = 1.6 million lvl 8 ore mine 1 million + level 4 ore mine 308k = 1.3 million for a total of 4.8 million from just those 6 buildings, add in the other 24 hours buildings and I am close to 6 million).
Once I get my other ore mine to level 8 I should be able to get closer to 7 million in a single collection sell 2 space centers and I am at 30 million (10m vaulted, 7m collected, 12 million from SCs). Sell the space centers and 5 railguns and I am at close to 45m (10m vaulted, 7m collected, 12 million from SCs, 12m from RGs)

That is enough to get my Refineries to level 10, my oil rigs to lvl 5 (6 is I sell 2 NPPs), ore mines to 10, nanos to level 2 (possibly level 3 with selling NPPs) and with all of these completed could possibly get up to 60 million using the same process. Not the most desired strategy of course, but at level 148 with less than stellar stats it will be a workable solution to hopefully get an IPH of [in my best Dr. Evil voice] ... 1 million dollars

Tctiger
08-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Could work if went up depending on your level as instead of saving 20 or 30m for upgrades, if say level 200 was 30m in volt then people would try to go for 50 or 60m upgrades so could be more cash unprotected as 30m is not max upgrade cost they go a lot higher.

Wdigeorge
08-16-2012, 02:06 PM
My upgrades now are over 300 mil. It will never be enough.

Bronson
08-16-2012, 02:40 PM
10m max is fine by me. If you want to go over it for the big upgrades you have to earn it.

sexkitteh
08-16-2012, 02:49 PM
10m max is fine by me. If you want to go over it for the big upgrades you have to earn it.

Well Said.

Hassleham
08-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Needs an option for no change.

John Snow
08-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Needs an option for no change.

Wait, didn't we give you a hard time a couple of weeks ago for a poll you posted? ;)

Hassleham
08-17-2012, 06:02 AM
Wait, didn't we give you a hard time a couple of weeks ago for a poll you posted? ;)

I wouldn't say that, i just kept doing it wrong and gave up :P

overkill 280
08-17-2012, 05:53 PM
10m max is fine by me. If you want to go over it for the big upgrades you have to earn it.Exactly, Wheres the challenge if there's no risk of losing any money. This way you wanna go above vault, make sure you have adequate defenses etc. to do so.

elangomatt
08-17-2012, 11:56 PM
I voted for the third option. I think the 2nd option would be silly and ruin this game completely. Even if higher vaults are ever allowed, you would still need plenty of strategy since upgrades that cost over 10 million increase very fast. Most of my best upgrades right now are above 17 million. The frustrating thing for me with the 10 million vault is that nobody on my rival list ever seems to be trying to save up for big upgrades since I rarely see anything more than 10 millions for anyone's cash.