PDA

View Full Version : Infirmary Question

Ssne
08-16-2012, 06:40 AM
Hi - I'm wondering about the effectiveness of the infirmary. Can anyone weigh in on whether upgrading it further (I'm currently level 5) is of any real use?

I'm currently level 70 with about 200 allies - and I would say that I lose between 1-3 units on every PVP action (including raids, which used to be a lot lower on cas). They are not even the units at the very end of my "bench" either, I am losing EADs and SHs, etc on PVP actions where I outpoint my opponent 2:1 or 3:1.

My current A/D is about 10K each.

Any advice?

Lt. Falcon
08-16-2012, 07:01 AM
Hi - I'm wondering about the effectiveness of the infirmary. Can anyone weigh in on whether upgrading it further (I'm currently level 5) is of any real use?

I'm currently level 70 with about 200 allies - and I would say that I lose between 1-3 units on every PVP action (including raids, which used to be a lot lower on cas). They are not even the units at the very end of my "bench" either, I am losing EADs and SHs, etc on PVP actions where I outpoint my opponent 2:1 or 3:1.

Any advice?

10k with 200 allies? I suggest you beef up your army a bit, you need higher attack meat shields. I'm a verly low gold player at 220 allies with an attack of 24k unboosted. I suggest you consider stronger money units like B52's, rocket trucks, ballistic missile subs and viper fighter jets and lots of the them. Also, get some commandos and biowarfare troops as meat shields. They usually suffer the heaviest casualties and since the go first, it reduces the casualities of the other more expensive cash and valor units.

BigDog146400220
08-16-2012, 07:02 AM

Any advice?

I can't speak directly about the infirmary as I have it currently at only level 3. However I do have a bonus event unit with -20% and one with -2% casualty. Combined with my -6% from the infirmary I have total of -28% casualty. I see no benefit. I lose 1-3 units every time I do battle. Hope that helps.

Ssne
08-16-2012, 07:40 AM
Thanks both. I am about to go on the Commando/BWT buying spree. And no more long expensive upgrades to the infirmary.

BigDog146400220
08-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Thanks both. I am about to go on the Commando/BWT buying spree. And no more long expensive upgrades to the infirmary.

Don't forget about the other boost buildings. Upgrading those is good for increasing a/d stats.

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 08:26 AM
I'm inclined to agree and say the infirmary has no real benefit at all, mine's at level 5 too and have noticed no difference at all. I've a couple of the event units with -20% cas rates and ya it doesn't make a blind bit of difference, still lose units if the no cas glitch isn't turned on.

I'd say upgrade ur other boost buildings and get the comp factory.

overkill 280
08-16-2012, 08:59 AM
I can't speak directly about the infirmary as I have it currently at only level 3. However I do have a bonus event unit with -20% and one with -2% casualty. Combined with my -6% from the infirmary I have total of -28% casualty. I see no benefit. I lose 1-3 units every time I do battle. Hope that helps.My infirmary is at 2 and I have the same event units and I see no difference either :(

albeezy
08-16-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm inclined to agree and say the infirmary has no real benefit at all, mine's at level 5 too and have noticed no difference at all. I've a couple of the event units with -20% cas rates and ya it doesn't make a blind bit of difference, still lose units if the no cas glitch isn't turned on.

I'd say upgrade ur other boost buildings and get the comp factory.
Turned on? Can you turn mine on please? LOL

Tanner
08-16-2012, 09:09 AM
same here.

I would go so far as to say that the casualty rate benefit items and the infirmary are the most misleading and non-performing things I've come across in this game.

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Turned on? Can you turn mine on please? LOL

That would be cheating..... :P

albeezy
08-16-2012, 10:26 AM
That would be cheating..... :P
Touché MMI

John Snow
08-16-2012, 10:33 AM
I bit the bullet and leveled it up to 10 last month. I'm certain its made a difference, especially on the low casualty rate units. I don't lose carriers or SHs nowhere near as often since the upgrade. I haven't noticed my B-52 losses being reduced much (medium loss rate), still losing a handful a day, but definitely fewer losses of other units.

Dreno33
08-16-2012, 01:50 PM
you probably wont notice any difference unless you maintain the same exact type of units (aka same unit casualities avg) and go from no infirmary to lvl 10 inf. get it? as you all slowly upgrade it, your army changes as does your level and the amount of units your bring to battle. not to mention the type of rivals you face. it would be too hard to pay close enough attention to notice any difference really. i say upgrade it. though you may not see the difference, it will be there. Just imagine, if it seems to be the same as it was with no infirmary compared to your lvl 10 inf, imagine what it would be now if you still hadnt gotten one with all the new changes as stated above?

Mad
08-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Maybe the new MW update makes the infirmary feel better????