PDA

View Full Version : Whale Zone Survial Tips!

Wdigeorge
08-15-2012, 06:41 AM
1. "Play Nice" and be a "Good Sport" - Don't go mouthing off to every rival who attacked you or raided you. You are only going to attract more attacks and raids if you act like a jerk. It is hard for rivals to want to attack you if you are being civil and nice to them. This is a war game, don't get offended if someone attacks you and steals your money.

2. Syncronize your money building collection times. Set an alarm reminder. If there is no money laying around, you are not going to be a target. If you are attacked, it is likely for BP's, unless you have pissed somebody off.

3. Bank Valor, Save Money and Wait to get the higher stat units. Don't blow it on lower stat units as they will be completely useless later and wont be brought to battle. Buy Aircraft Carriers and other high stat valor units (wait until you progress up the ranks.)
***This is assuming you already have a healthy base of low to mid level units. If you are extremely weak when you reach the whale zone at level 130+, you need to bulk up fast on mid level, low casualty money units and valor units.***

More to come...

Wdigeorge
08-15-2012, 06:42 AM
4. Upgrade Boost Buildings! If you have the gold, get the Composit Factory (up to 20% boost in defense) and upgrade to level 10. Once you are done with the 20% boost in defense, then you can upgrade other boost buildings.

5. 10% Country Boost - Switch to Russia or UK for the air or sea boost. The obvious boost upgrade after your Composit Factory boost is take your Air or Sea boost buildings to level 10.

6. Buy units that favors your country boost, keep all other units to a minimal. Russia = Air, UK = Sea.

Wdigeorge
08-15-2012, 06:43 AM
7. DIPLOMACY! This is a war game but it also allows players to "socialize" and communicate. Thats what our walls are for. Use that to your advantage and make friends, allies, etc. If you are allies with all players (more powerful than yourself) in your level range, you are essentially invincible.

This is the most basic and fundamental strategy in this game. This strategy is easily said than done. It is hard to achieve successfully on a wide spread basis. Now start establishing diplomatic relationships with other rivals, especially those you wish not to visit your base.

8. PIRATES!!! Bottom line, don't get on our hit list! With that said, you will have a higher chance of making the top 25 in the current, auction style, box event than our list.

I really don't want to bring this up but obviously there's been a lot of talk and fear from players about pirate attacks. 99% of players will not have any "out of the ordinary" game play with the priates. Not saying you won't get a tap here and there but your base won't be flattened "just because" you have entered the whale zone for no reason.

The Hit List is short and reserved for "special" players. There are far more predators on the hunt than pirates and we spent most of our AMMO servicing our "clients". So technically, most players are likely attacked less by pirates than non pirates.

Read #1 and #8, if you encounter a pirate.

9. TBD

Wdigeorge
08-15-2012, 06:43 AM
Reserved for additional tips part 4

Jhoemel
08-15-2012, 06:54 AM
Ill make sure ill read this since Im in the whale region :)

Bronson
08-15-2012, 06:54 AM
So tempted to do my usual but since this is an informative thread I'll play nice.

Good tips so far George looking forward to seeing the rest of them. Being in the 80s I am far enough away to not really know what's going on up there but close enough to start planning for my end game so all tips are most welcome.

Everson25
08-15-2012, 07:11 AM
Thanks I really appreciate the tips. Im level 119 getting closer and closer to whale zone. I will be reading carefully. Although, I already know that one of my big problems is my defence which I need to improve and those things take time.

Jhoemel
08-15-2012, 07:16 AM
Thanks I really appreciate the tips. Im level 119 getting closer and closer to whale zone. I will be reading carefully. Although, I already know that one of my big problems is my defence which I need to improve and those things take time.

Whats your defense man?

Romaro
08-15-2012, 07:17 AM
Good tips, thanks George

mickymacirl
08-15-2012, 07:22 AM
4. Upgrade Upgrade Upgrade. Be sure to upgrade boost buildings.

Jp lfs
08-15-2012, 07:23 AM
I'm still working on my Mid-Level Guide, and I hope to have it finished by this weekend. I really appreciate you doing this, as I feel like the Beginner's section has been covered already, but I'm not qualified to do a Whale-zone guide.

Hopefully, I can fill in the blanks between levels 60-130, and you can cover 130+ and with the two new guides, we can help most of the players on the forum get ready for the major leagues.

Everson25
08-15-2012, 07:23 AM
Whats your defense man?its just a raw 46k D. I started to upgrade my boost buildings to improve that. I'm also saving my VP. Im aiming to have 300k before entering the area. I know that's nothing comparing to the high level players but at least it's not everyone attacking me like it was in the past.

Jhoemel
08-15-2012, 07:29 AM
its just a raw 46k D. I started to upgrade my boost buildings to improve that. I'm also saving my VP. Im aiming to have 300k before entering the area. I know that's nothing comparing to the high level players but at least it's not everyone attacking me like it was in the past.

thats pretty good, i only have 43k boosted stats before I became a major. and im in deep in the whale territory that time but I managed to survived.

albeezy
08-15-2012, 07:37 AM
I think posts 1 and 10 really sum up the keys to success in whale zone. Only thing to add is just have fun with the game you have. Don't get upset because someone has twice your stats and hits you once or twice a week. If someone is hitting you too often, visit their base, complement them on their stats and offer to ally, especially if the attack just happened. People are generally here to play and have fun.

EDIT: Im level 148, 500 allies, 44k defense, 40k attack. My rivals list varies from megastats, like speed umps to super low stats around 1k/1k with the majority of people between the 20k/20k-80k/80k range.

Wdigeorge
08-15-2012, 08:12 AM
4. Upgrade Upgrade Upgrade. Be sure to upgrade boost buildings.

Yep, you touch upon a point I was about to add. I included them in Post #2 now with greater details with respect to the sequence.

This "guide" is my personal take only. I am sure there will be varying opinions.

Bronson
08-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Yep, you touch upon a point I was about to add. I included them in Post #2 now with greater details with respect to the sequence.

This "guide" is my personal take only. I am sure there will be varying opinions.

I am on the same page as you George. Im close to getting my comp to 10 after that it's naval boost (I'm UK) then over to the hanger. Infantry and ground can wait for now as I don't have many of these units.

General Sir
08-15-2012, 08:48 AM
Very informative thread George, and good advice.

I agree wholeheartedly with number 1. I am way more likely to attack and continue to attack someone who mouths off than someone who has a good sense of humor and is a good sport.

Saving up to buy the highest available units statistically is sound advice as well.

One thing I might add. Make sure that you vault your money immediately and try not to remain over your vault limit for too long. Being over $10M will attract sharks looking for an easy payday.

Good Day.

Dreno33
08-15-2012, 09:50 AM
add these tips:

1) when some whale/shark attacks you and blows you out of the water. travel to their base and find something to give them a general compliment on. Just post it on their wall and leave. They may remember that name, they may just move on next time(: (i.e. "Wow, had to check out your base after you blew me out of the water like that. That's a dam good record bro, i bet you have lost an attack forever! haha, jealous of those numbers.")

2) A good tip with keep your buildings in line and less raids on them. Find your schedule in which you can almost always collect for those cash cows buildings (nanos, oil rigs, etc) and sync them to that time by literally letting them sit out and purposely left uncollected until the time comes. Sure, it will probably get raided. But now you get to collect both at that exact time. Now, if you forget one day to collect those buildings at that time (let's say over 30 mins or so) leave them.Let them get raided and wait till they come back to that same time as if you collected correctly the first time. It keeps it on your perfect schedule and over time prevents A LOT more raids if you were to collect whenever possible.

Tctiger
08-15-2012, 09:59 AM
That's too long to build up iph and ac's that is years work , is good if you want to camp for about 5 years , I've been playing around 6-8 months at level 95 and stocking up on units around 30 stat AT&T or def for around 500-600k each compared to 5.5m for an ac with 46def is the way to go if your not a camper as well as playing events for the odd decent gold unit . I will be checking out this thread for tips .

Agent Orange
08-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Good points George, especially point #1.

That seems to be the fatal mistake of some players and why they get decimated by others who don't appreciate their crude form of communication!

Btw the whale zone seems to have shifted a bit at least for me I seem to be able to see players from L90 up through to 200 and this seems to be determined by their ally count which appears to range from about 400 to 1400. I know there are a lot more players with high numbers of allies so not sure why my list doesn't have as many.

But seems to me we are getting a lot of lower level players showing up, sort of like sacrificial lambs? Though some of their stats aren't that bad so they stand a bit of a chance. My lower level players don't seem to have as broad a range of levels in their lists so far and they are all now in whale territory if we consider it to start at around L90.

JMC
08-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Lots of level 90s showing up, its a bug or some sort of problem, but they don't seem to be quick about fixing it. A lot of players between 90-130 are in their correct list and aren't visible to us.

I would not suggest purchasing aircraft carriers or stealth bombers like some might suggest. You are much better off purchasing things that cost less than a million per and can stock up on hundreds of them fairly quick. The obvious choice for defense is the stealth surveillance drone. B-52 bomber seems to be the best choice for attack. A little pricey compared to the stealth surveillances, but nothing compared to the stealth bombers and carriers. Think about it this way. How long is it going to take you to get enough stealth bombers or ACs to even have a significant impact to your attack and defense scores. The same time it'd take you to buy 10 ACs, you could have 100 stealth surveillance drones. Also when you end up losing them, the damage won't be as much either. You can buy back maybe one AC per day, or you could buy back 10 SSDs. In the long run, valor units will overpower those cash units anyways, and being in the whale zone is all about increasing your stats as quickly as possible. People always make the mistake of trying to prepare for the complete end-game too quickly, and it will not work.

Get the right valor units. All infantry and ground units have higher casualties whether they are labeled low or not. Sea has the lowest casualty rate and then air comes right after. The only units worth purchasing are the Sea and Air units.
If you are very low in stats a few super hornets wouldnt hurt, but if they are available to you, go for the elite ops helicopters. I'd suggest only buying up to 500 of a particular unit at most. They will start dying like crazy after a few hundred, and once you get any more, the casualties will probably be unsustainable. If you reach 300-500 elite ops helicopters and are not far off reaching colonel rank, save for the water cruisers. I'm using russia as my nation but i still throw all my valor points into the water cruisers and they still add over 40 defense to my stats each time i purchase one.

Take advantage of good loot locations. There are a few spots that have been made public on the forum that are good to farm. If any ridiculously good spots like the siege tank/wavebreaker/riptide runner spots ever show up again, find them and keep quiet. Take advantage of quickly or they will be "fixed". Strong loot will give a huge boost to your stats, and most of them appear to be air units, so this is another place where russia is better than the UK.

Most importantly, choose targets that will give you minimal or zero casualties. I see everyone complaining about getting casualties from someone who has 50% of their stats, or 30%. Expecting to get low casualties off players with those stats in comparison to mine has always seemed ridiculous since it has never been the case. Go for 15% or lower. Preferably below 10%. There are many of these targets out there, and you just have to go and find them.

Jp lfs
08-15-2012, 02:29 PM
You are absolutely right on that point, JMC. The high-end loot will do more for your stats than any cash purchase even comes close to. And the casualty rates seem lower as well.

Jp lfs
08-15-2012, 02:30 PM
But it is not wise to post them in the forum. Only players over Lvl 100 can use them anyways, so why does everyone else even need to know about them?

Agent Orange
08-15-2012, 02:32 PM
But it is not wise to post them in the forum. Only players over Lvl 100 can use them anyways, so why does everyone else even need to know about them?

Excellent point, I would not post this information in the forum either........

Free players need all the help they can get.....

albeezy
08-15-2012, 02:34 PM
Comments in QUOTE

Lots of level 90s showing up, its a bug or some sort of problem, but they don't seem to be quick about fixing it. A lot of players between 90-130 are in their correct list and aren't visible to us.

I would not suggest purchasing aircraft carriers or stealth bombers like some might suggest. You are much better off purchasing things that cost less than a million per and can stock up on hundreds of them fairly quick. The obvious choice for defense is the stealth surveillance drone. B-52 bomber seems to be the best choice for attack. A little pricey compared to the stealth surveillances, but nothing compared to the stealth bombers and carriers. Think about it this way. How long is it going to take you to get enough stealth bombers or ACs to even have a significant impact to your attack and defense scores. The same time it'd take you to buy 10 ACs, you could have 100 stealth surveillance drones. Also when you end up losing them, the damage won't be as much either. You can buy back maybe one AC per day, or you could buy back 10 SSDs. In the long run, valor units will overpower those cash units anyways, and being in the whale zone is all about increasing your stats as quickly as possible. People always make the mistake of trying to prepare for the complete end-game too quickly, and it will not work.

Get the right valor units. All infantry and ground units have higher casualties whether they are labeled low or not. Sea has the lowest casualty rate and then air comes right after. The only units worth purchasing are the Sea and Air units.
If you are very low in stats a few super hornets wouldnt hurt, but if they are available to you, go for the elite ops helicopters. I'd suggest only buying up to 500 of a particular unit at most. So 1900 super hornets is probably a bad idea? They will start dying like crazy after a few hundred, and once you get any more, the casualties will probably be unsustainable. If you reach 300-500 elite ops helicopters and are not far off reaching colonel rank, save for the water cruisers. I'm using russia as my nation but i still throw all my valor points into the water cruisers and they still add over 40 defense to my stats each time i purchase one.

Take advantage of good loot locations. There are a few spots that have been made public on the forum that are good to farm. If any ridiculously good spots like the siege tank/wavebreaker/riptide runner spots ever show up again, find them and keep quiet on the forums - use PMs to get the word out so they don't nerf it like the carrier during the last event. Take advantage of quickly or they will be "fixed". Strong loot will give a huge boost to your stats, and most of them appear to be air units, so this is another place where russia is better than the UK.

Most importantly, choose targets that will give you minimal or zero casualties. I see everyone complaining about getting casualties from someone who has 50% of their stats, or 30%. Expecting to get low casualties off players with those stats in comparison to mine has always seemed ridiculous. Go for 15% or lower. Preferably below 10%. There are many of these targets out there, and you just have to go and find them.

Agree with most of the comments here although my elite ops copters die like tree snipers.

JMC
08-15-2012, 02:34 PM
You are absolutely right on that point, JMC. The high-end loot will do more for your stats than any cash purchase even comes close to. And the casualty rates seem lower as well.

Casualty rates are actually about the same as everything else, or sometimes worse. The reason they don't seem to die that often is because people don't have too many of them as they take a long time to accumulate

And that is why i will not post anything but the rare boss loots. Those are in their correct spots and are not worth getting other than 1 of each, sort of as collectors items.

procsyzarc
08-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned but delete those 5 minute, 30 minute and 1 hour buildings. They may artifically boost your IPH but just give more targets for those farming BP and therefore more chances for you too lose units. There have been times I have been pushed for time and have dropped over 100 stam on a single person because they had lots of buildings to raid even though I made less than 500k from the whole lot.

As mentioned the key is be nice to people who you can't beat. Whales just love any excuse to destroy someone since they are people to and most do feel bad for you but if you are a jerk any guilt goes and the window and they will just laugh as destroying your stats. If you are nice they will usally feel bad if they attack you more.

Also check their wall and see if you can find there code and send a polite message saying you have added them and would love it if they would accept

JMC
08-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Comments in QUOTE

Agree with most of the comments here although my elite ops copters die like tree snipers.

1900 super hornets, not a good idea. In the end they'll all end up getting replaced anyways. Valor is not easy to come by once you run out of missions. Spend it wisely and try not to get all of your valor units killed. If i could play the game over again, i'd only purchase a couple hundred.

Elite ops helicopters drop like flies, but so does anything that you buy in bulk. On the other hand, ground units and infantry units die left and right even if you've only got a dozen of them.

Of course like i said at the end. If you are picking and choosing targets properly, you can make whatever army composition you feel like and there will be no casualties for you. When it comes to valor though, you should still be careful as it is a limited resource.

albeezy
08-15-2012, 02:45 PM
1900 super hornets, not a good idea.
Was kidding about that. LOL Saw a guy the other day that attacked me who had 1911 SH, and about 900 other valor units. I suspect hes a low cas glitcher, but dont know for sure. His army was basically loot units from crate and boss events and valor units, probably bringing 1800-1900 valor units to each battle.

JMC
08-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Most if not all low casualty players that were active in PvP before the PvP rankings were put into place have nearly 2000 super hornets. I've actually seen one idiot with 2700 and no other valor units.

Agent Orange
08-15-2012, 02:51 PM
I also would not purchase the highest cost units. I made the mistake of levelling up my brothers Advanced Airbase so I could purchase the Stealth Bomber. He lost 1 of them almost immediately, the thing has a fairly poor casualty rating so it was an expensive mistake.

I found the Elite Ops helicopter to be a mistake as well, it's only 1 more attack point but does give you a higher defence value. In hindsight I prefer Hornets as I can almost buy 2 for the cost of 1 helo. Instead I have stocked up on Drones and SSD's.

One thing I don't see a lot of comment on is targeting rivals incoming forces. This may be the only way to really combat glitchers.

Another thing that amazes me is the number of players that don't vault their cash before they attack someone. It's always nice to wake up and discover someone has left you several thousand dollars because they have attacked and lost. But the flip side is, others might come along and think you are a doofus for not vaulting your cash so they keep coming back to see if you made the same mistake. Grrrr.

procsyzarc
08-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Got to agree with the elite ops helicopters. I am only using 75 or so of these now (have 350 total left) and have about 200 of the elite boat (using all 200) yet I still lose probably 4 helicopters for every boat even though they are both labelled as low.

Also easiest way to survive whale territory (although not sure if this counts) is drop allies right down. I am currently running 99 which means can save up the 100M+ for the big upgrades without risk of having it taken while building up an excess of valour units and then once you have the base stats and income to support losses can go back to 500

Agent Orange
08-15-2012, 03:02 PM
That is a good point procsyzarc, by dropping your allies you bring less units into battle but then if the rivals list is working properly you are grouped in with other players who can only bring a similar number of units in. Therefore if you have strong units it will increase your unit density.

I'm using that tactic with my Android LLP's right now. When you have from 1 to 10 allies and you are grouped in with players with the same number of allies who don't understand unit density you can have quite a bit of fun.

Probably useful for low gold buyers to as they will have more bang for their buck or those farming high value loot. A long time ago when the devs rejigged the rivals list the first time it gave us players with as low as 1 ally, needless to say they got decimated by everyone. Now it seems that the rivals list looks at level and number of allies unless it suddenly glitches.

Bronson
08-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Just out of interest if I lvl up from 84 to the whale zone (around 130 hoping I don't get the rivals list glitch) using mostly PVP how much valor would it be possible to make?? I can't remember the number of the last force deg mission I did but it was to beat guys with 290 allies.

albeezy
08-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Just out of interest if I lvl up from 84 to the whale zone (around 130 hoping I don't get the rivals list glitch) using mostly PVP how much valor would it be possible to make?? I can't remember the number of the last force deg mission I did but it was to beat guys with 290 allies.

A lot. I started racking up tons of valor (over 150k) from level 80-110 or. You get the level missions (beat X rivals at your level), plus the ally missions, plus the battles in a row valor missions. They add up quick.

albeezy
08-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Also easiest way to survive whale territory (although not sure if this counts) is drop allies right down. I am currently running 99 which means can save up the 100M+ for the big upgrades without risk of having it taken while building up an excess of valour units and then once you have the base stats and income to support losses can go back to 500
So if I drop to 99 allies at level 148 I will only see other rivals with low ally numbers? And be able to save unvaulted cash?

Agent Orange
08-15-2012, 04:32 PM
So if I drop to 99 allies at level 148 I will only see other rivals with low ally numbers? And be able to save unvaulted cash?

Yup, you just need to be aware of what the level cut offs are so it may take a bit of experimentation. Also beware of us LLP players who are going to sneak up on.

Skyser30518
08-15-2012, 07:00 PM
I finally started camping at level 97. I am a low gold spender and have kept my allies low. Found 31 to be my magic number for the time being. I regularly have 30 mil or so, as I would make 10-20 mil a day on pvp. My composite will be level 7 in 10 hours and my IPH is around 380k. I'm currently a major and have about 55 elite helicopters (with 31 allies, I very rarely lose units). I need to upgrade most of my unit buildings because I only take valor and indestructibles into battle. I don't have my meat shield built up.

That being said, my questions are:
1) Should I go ahead and level up to 100 to be able to get the higher loot items?

2) At what level do you start getting the higher ATT/def units in the events?

3) At what point should I start adding more allies? (Right now my boosted def is close to 10k. Most people at my ally level cannot beat me, except in a raid. And, I have a VERY low cas rate.)

I appreciate any advice anyone has.

Mcdoc
08-15-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm level 156 and see players all the way down to level 90 who have more than 250 Allies. My tip - if you're between 90 & 110 and "camping" - slip down to 50 to 150 allies to stay off the radar :)

JMC
08-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Like i said before, the players who are level 90-130 and showing up on our rivals lists are showing up because there is a problem or bug in the system. Not all players between that level show up and this only started a few weeks ago. Everyone else in that level range before that are on the correct lists.

Dropping allies will not help, i see some who have under 100 and one had 8 before getting destroyed. If you're in that group, you're pretty much screwed and you can blame gree for messing up.

The game is displaying them in an old version of the rivals list, where the top zone is 90+, all ally ranges are visible and the max number of allies you bring to battle is what shows, not the actual amount you have.

Q Raider
08-15-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm level 156 and see players all the way down to level 90 who have more than 250 Allies. My tip - if you're between 90 & 110 and "camping" - slip down to 50 to 150 allies to stay off the radar :)

Good advice from Mcdoc. I was assiduously avoiding anyone below level 130 as felt they shouldn't be there. But it has gotten to the stage where refresh after refresh and it is still these players with few other viable targets around so am probably going to weaken and use them to BP up to release the boats.

Poopenshire
08-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Like i said before, the players who are level 90-130 and showing up on our rivals lists are showing up because there is a problem or bug in the system. Not all players between that level show up and this only started a few weeks ago. Everyone else in that level range before that are on the correct lists.

Dropping allies will not help, i see some who have under 100 and one had 8 before getting destroyed. If you're in that group, you're pretty much screwed and you can blame gree for messing up.

Its over 8 weeks going On now. No e.d in sight. it could be intentional. I messaged a few people and they contacted support and were told nothing is wrong.

JMC
08-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Its over 8 weeks going On now. No e.d in sight. it could be intentional. I messaged a few people and they contacted support and were told nothing is wrong.

If it is intentional than they just screwed over every player who is now entering the 90+ area.

There are hundreds or thousands of people between 90-130 who are not showing up. So if was intentional for them to bring the level cap for the top tier back down to level 90, they obviously forgot about something or messed up somewhere.

If anyone has been watching these players they all enter at level 90. They remain on the rivals lists and any players who are now level 100-130, are just players who came in at 90 and have since leveled up to whatever level they are now. If you were level 120 over 8 weeks ago and are still level 120 now. You are not showing up on this list.

Sort of off topic, but if support says there's nothing wrong here (obviously something is wrong), what does that say about them trying to tell us the casualty glitch doesn't exist?

Poopenshire
08-15-2012, 09:51 PM
I am level 125 and have been over 120 since before the mess. Infect i have been at 125 for 4 weeks now. I see the same people over and over. I see only major and above from the 90 to 130 list. I never see below major rank. I believe its a rank issue here.

Poopenshire
08-15-2012, 09:52 PM
I see all ranks at my level plus or minus 3 levels.

Copenhagen
08-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Sort of off topic, but if support says there's nothing wrong here (obviously something is wrong), what does that say about them trying to tell us the casualty glitch doesn't exist?

Good question. CCMark was adamant that both of these issues were non-existent or intentional to the extent that he understood them. My thought is that the devs are not seeing how blatant these issues are and assume we are just complaining about minor inconsistencies or are simply choosing to ignore them. I didn't get the impression that this was something they were looking at as a problem in need of a solution. More of an eye roll, yeah right response.

I specifically relayed my experience at level 89 / 300 allies being able to see rivals from Lvl 74 to 124 with every range of ally count. My rival list is a normal range+/- one level, then every third rival list refresh is jacked with Lvl 120, 450 ally rivals. CCMark's response was anectdotal that the rival bucket expansion was intentional and that I was visible on their rival list as well.

Ryans67
08-15-2012, 11:48 PM
I can confirm that they can see us as well. I'm 121 with 380 allies, and see the wide range. I didn't care too much, even though it was annoying to try and find people to raid. Then last night someone hit me that was on those higher level lists, with full allies. He won 10 battles, and lost 10. Thing I hate most is that they win 300k, and then when they lose, I get back 30k. That has to be the most annoying part of being attacked.

JMC
08-16-2012, 12:00 AM
I can confirm that they can see us as well. I'm 121 with 380 allies, and see the wide range. I didn't care too much, even though it was annoying to try and find people to raid. Then last night someone hit me that was on those higher level lists, with full allies. He won 10 battles, and lost 10. Thing I hate most is that they win 300k, and then when they lose, I get back 30k. That has to be the most annoying part of being attacked.

Well i don't see many players between 100-130. Any of them that i do see are names i recognize from when they showed up as level 90s. Why that guy was able to see you, i'm unsure, but i'm definitely not seeing the regular players of the 90-130 region.

A lot of these players seem to level fairly fast or extremely fast. It could be possible, that particular player is one of the problem players, and while everyone can see him, he can see everyone as well. The level 90s always come in a group, with the ones who have leveled up higher showing up with them. I usually ignore the list and refresh again when the level 90s show up because they dont reward as many valor points for beating. There are a few particular players in these groups who have leveled up to 160+. Probably one of them that tagged you.

If you were visible to all, especially if you had any money out, you'd be getting hit tons of times by multiple different people.

Ryans67
08-16-2012, 12:06 AM
Yea I figured it's only certain groups seeing certain other groups. I've given up trying to make sense of it. Highest one I see is a level 185, with stats around the 120k mark.

Ryans67
08-16-2012, 12:12 AM
Yea Narthex is the top guy I see, but he shows as 185.... Glad he didn't attack me though. Lol.

Wdigeorge
08-16-2012, 12:35 AM
It is tough writing a generalized guide for everyone. When you hit the whale zone at say level 130+, I would assume most players would have at least a healthy base of low to mid level units where additional units like the stealth surveillance drone isn't going to add much to their stats anymore. *updated the guide to include the assumption or disclaimer*

In the whale zone, one goal to set is to get to 100k A/D, from say a base stat of 50k to 60k (typical). If you are extremely weak at 10k to 40k, you have a lot of work and catching up to do and need to read the beginners guide and master that first.

The fastest way to bulk up is through valor units. So if the the majority of your Attack and Defense stats is coming from the Valor Units, the best way to spend your money is on units such as the Aircraft Carrier. Unit density is critical. Lower money units won't help you once you are saturated with super hornets, elite ops helicopters, Elite water cruisers, etc.

It takes a lot of time and money to upgrade all the unit buildings. If I had to choose, I would choose to upgrade the sea unit building to unlock the AC. Super Hornets is a fast way to bulk up and get you into the 70k range but lose its usefulness soon after that. I like the valor unit, Elite Water Cruiser, to help get your stats up for the mid level players.

If you are very low in stats a few super hornets wouldnt hurt, but if they are available to you, go for the elite ops helicopters. I'd suggest only buying up to 500 of a particular unit at most. They will start dying like crazy after a few hundred, and once you get any more, the casualties will probably be unsustainable. If you reach 300-500 elite ops helicopters and are not far off reaching colonel rank, save for the water cruisers. I'm using russia as my nation but i still throw all my valor points into the water cruisers and they still add over 40 defense to my stats each time i purchase one.

Take advantage of good loot locations. There are a few spots that have been made public on the forum that are good to farm. If any ridiculously good spots like the siege tank/wavebreaker/riptide runner spots ever show up again, find them and keep quiet. Take advantage of quickly or they will be "fixed". Strong loot will give a huge boost to your stats, and most of them appear to be air units, so this is another place where russia is better than the UK.

Most importantly, choose targets that will give you minimal or zero casualties. I see everyone complaining about getting casualties from someone who has 50% of their stats, or 30%. Expecting to get low casualties off players with those stats in comparison to mine has always seemed ridiculous since it has never been the case. Go for 15% or lower. Preferably below 10%. There are many of these targets out there, and you just have to go and find them.

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 01:42 AM

The no/low cas glitch does exist, I have proven this, and reported it.

jeffrey
08-16-2012, 02:04 AM
This is my first post here after lurking for about 1 month. For my low level account, I am at level 92 with 460 allies and I am being attacked all day the last few days, and lost about 3 thousand A/D worth of units so far. Even superman McDoc attacked me yesterday, and one guy at level 213 attacked me the other day. He is the same guy I duel with my >200 HL accounts once a while (he doesn't know I have a LL account)

So I am the victim of this stupid Funzio glitch now. I have reported this a few times and they only reimbursed me about pathetic 200K of cash.

For the record, I have never attacked anyone below 200 with my >200 HL accounts, it is just doesn't seem to be fair to me. For my LL, I always attack only level players +- 1 level of mine.

My point is: until stupid Funzio fix this glitch, could we all play this game fairly by not attacking anyone level 10 to 50 levels below you!!??

My LL account is the same as my forum name.

Good night,
--jeffrey.

Wdigeorge
08-16-2012, 02:42 AM
The no/low cas glitch does exist, I have proven this, and reported it.

Micky, your in box is full.

mickymacirl
08-16-2012, 03:29 AM
Micky, your in box is full.

clear now sorry

Tctiger
08-16-2012, 04:00 AM
i am level 95 with 475 allies and i can see up to about level 135 and down to about 85 , i have not been attacked by anyone over my level yet and i kept 15m for arround 20 hours without being attacked by anyone higher stat wise , i did contact funzio about the rival list but didn't get a reply .

Poopenshire
08-16-2012, 04:23 AM
This is my first post here after lurking for about 1 month. For my low level account, I am at level 92 with 460 allies and I am being attacked all day the last few days, and lost about 3 thousand A/D worth of units so far. Even superman McDoc attacked me yesterday, and one guy at level 213 attacked me the other day. He is the same guy I duel with my >200 HL accounts once a while (he doesn't know I have a LL account)

So I am the victim of this stupid Funzio glitch now. I have reported this a few times and they only reimbursed me about pathetic 200K of cash.

For the record, I have never attacked anyone below 200 with my >200 HL accounts, it is just doesn't seem to be fair to me. For my LL, I always attack only level players +- 1 level of mine.

My point is: until stupid Funzio fix this glitch, could we all play this game fairly by not attacking anyone level 10 to 50 levels below you!!??

My LL account is the same as my forum name.

Good night,
--jeffrey.

Are you sure about those levels? The game tops out at level 200. So a level 213 is not possible yet.

leo23
08-16-2012, 04:48 AM
A little good sportsmanship goes a long way, it's all very logical as you all have clearly said :) Yet another informative and a must read thread, cheers :)

procsyzarc
08-16-2012, 03:40 PM

Except when the rivals list bugs which it does every now and then. I have been 99 allies L130-142 for about 2 weeks now my stats are 25k attack and 28k defense and generally have a lot of unvalued cash and I just lost my first attack and even then I only lost about 800k since he would win some and lose some and then probably due to his unit losses gave up without going for the maximum attacks

jeffrey
08-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Because of the glitch, I can see a lot of dead bases of level 90s. If Funzio doesn't fix this issue, a lot more people will give up playing, who wants to play when level 150 to 200 constantly attack you.

Fix it, greer or funzio or whatever your company name is now.

Maverick50727
08-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Excellent point, I would not post this information in the forum either........

Free players need all the help they can get.....

Agree and disagree. I like the challenge so thus I like a more level playing field. I might not release all information immediately but I try to make things public or hint when I can. People have the tools then and just need to play smart.

Good loot locations for upper level players are keys to strength. There are only 3 right now and all are documented in the forum, people just have to be willing to do some work and search. This information is readily available to everyone equally, they just have to have some skills and knowledge on how to use it.

Aircraft carriers are still good also as a means to target units like hornets, but yes they are costly. I buy AC and Water Cruisiers for defense. ACs are not used in my attack battle group, so I don't have to worry about loss when attacking. However, I buy Nuclear Subs for my attack side, but to date have had low losses.

JMC
08-17-2012, 12:28 AM
It is tough writing a generalized guide for everyone. When you hit the whale zone at say level 130+, I would assume most players would have at least a healthy base of low to mid level units where additional units like the stealth surveillance drone isn't going to add much to their stats anymore. *updated the guide to include the assumption or disclaimer*

In the whale zone, one goal to set is to get to 100k A/D, from say a base stat of 50k to 60k (typical). If you are extremely weak at 10k to 40k, you have a lot of work and catching up to do and need to read the beginners guide and master that first.

The fastest way to bulk up is through valor units. So if the the majority of your Attack and Defense stats is coming from the Valor Units, the best way to spend your money is on units such as the Aircraft Carrier. Unit density is critical. Lower money units won't help you once you are saturated with super hornets, elite ops helicopters, Elite water cruisers, etc.

It takes a lot of time and money to upgrade all the unit buildings. If I had to choose, I would choose to upgrade the sea unit building to unlock the AC. Super Hornets is a fast way to bulk up and get you into the 70k range but lose its usefulness soon after that. I like the valor unit, Elite Water Cruiser, to help get your stats up for the mid level players.

Yeah, the stealth surveillance drone stopped adding to my defensive score months ago. However if i went the route of aircraft carriers, i still would not have enough of them to support the defense stats that a few hundred of my stealth surveillances give me. In the end, density matters, but you cant go straight to the strongest unit. You have to go up gradually or you will get destroyed along the way. If i wasnt constantly increasing my defensive stats with valor units as well as stealth surveillances i would of continued to stay below the casualty glitched players and gotten attacked over and over again. Once the surveillances get too weak, you can move on, but you should really go step by step. Surviving is about raising stats quickly and ACs will get you higher in the end, but it will take forever to get there.

M270s are not worth getting because of their death rate and the stealth surveillance has quite a big boost over the stealth frigate and a little boost over the super hornet. You can move up to elite ops heli's and water cruisers, but you aren't going to be able to make your army completely out of these units as there isn't enough valor out there. (Unless i had the casualty glitch and avoided well over 1000 valor unit casualties, then I might of have enough.)

When stealth surveillances stopped adding to my defense i had about 500-600 super hornets, 550 elite ops heli's and 350 M270s. Also had 550 stealth surveillances which filled up the remainder of my army. Which cost about 290mil. For the same amount of money i would of only been able to buy 54 ACs and been almost 14000 defense lower. Also being russia the difference would be even bigger.

jeffrey
08-17-2012, 12:50 AM
Maverick and George, you are good sports for sharing valuable information here.

Maverick, you meant loots like
1)Transport Raider and Venal Fighter in Caribbean,
2)Brigand Lightning in Inner Sea Canal,
3)Shadowhawk and Napalm Soldier in Pirate Flotilla,
4)Aerospace Osprey and Typhoon Tiger in Bom Bahia City, right?

Maverick50727
08-17-2012, 07:57 AM
Wow, bombarded with requests for information already. I'm not publishing everything at this time as I'm working on it and won't have much time until next week. There are tons of farming spots and it all depends on your level for what is unlocked and units that can be used. I for one think venals have a high consumption and my lowest units in my battle group is over 30, so I personally can't use the osprey or typhoon tigers (high consumption). I can use the shadowhawk, but I hope to replace it soon. I don't know of any typhoon tiger in Bom Baahia City though, it is in Capital Prefecture and Space Command Center. Could be and old drop that was changed.

As for what I was talking about was biggest 3 drops for people over the Level 100 with 90+Attack stats. The Brigand by far has the best drop rate and costs the least energy

http://i46.tinypic.com/hwwaqt.png

Speed ump
08-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Another good idea for those of you comming up. You have met a few of the whales here. Also look at boards, read a lot. Go by and just say something to those players. Drop by and say hello speed ump, i think most here know my game name, and im happy to give it again if needed. keep going by once in a while and say something. look at their board, maybe try to make something relevant from what you see. Dont wait until youre attacked. Just a thought, pre emptive niceities. but dont get offeneded if you do happen to get a visit. most likely it would be because you left a lot of uncollected money buildings, dont tempt us too much. we can be greedy little buggers sometimes.

Hellstorm
08-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Albeezy... Are you talking about zenith ;)

Hellstorm
08-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Speed ump... You are so nice in the forum, but so greedy in the game. Its interesting that somebody with over 3mil iph can still feel greedy when he sees an opportunity of raiding 500k.

Speed ump
08-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Hell storm, that's actually a very high iph. But so says the same for the guy at 1m iph even 2m iph. No one wants to be raided or attacked. If I did what everyone else wanted, I should never have started the game. If its not me, it will be someone else. Collect your money and I can't get it. Same simple strategy I've given for months. yes I'm greedy, do You have any idea what it costs to upgrade a level 8 nano,and on and on. And when I'm finished upgrading, then will just collect money by the billions and just dare someone to come try to take it. I've had billions on hand before. It's all part of the fun. I've always said I will raid, and I will sometimes attack. I'm attacking much more now to get the crates for the event.

Hellstorm
08-18-2012, 04:14 AM
Speed... And the Lord spake "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house" at least say hi next time

Ascent
08-18-2012, 08:17 AM
do You have any idea what it costs to upgrade a level 8 nano,and on and on. And when I'm finished upgrading, then will just collect money by the billions.

I do not know about a level 8 nano, but upgrading it to Level 2 costs 30 some million which investment will be recouped only after 86 days. So a level two upgrade is already all about investing almost three months forward (meaning, for two months you would have made more money not spending it)

What is the time necessary to recoup the investment amount on a Level 8 nano upgrade?

((CurrentHourly$ x UpgradeTime) + UpgradeCost$) / DailyGain$

Wdigeorge
08-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Tips 7 & 8 added.

Everson25
08-19-2012, 12:19 PM
I've been putting into practice number 4 lately. I always had in my mind for some reason that the boost buildings were a waste of time, therefore, never bother about them. I have lots to catch up. At least, those upgrading will keep me busy for a while.

Number 7 is a good one too. I get attacked 3 to 4 times a day. I always check my rival stats when that happen to see how far I am. When the gap is big I send a request to become an ally. Quite often I receive a confirmation of such request which helps me to carry on knowing that's one less attacking me.

JMC
08-19-2012, 01:12 PM
I do not know about a level 8 nano, but upgrading it to Level 2 costs 30 some million which investment will be recouped only after 86 days. So a level two upgrade is already all about investing almost three months forward (meaning, for two months you would have made more money not spending it)

What is the time necessary to recoup the investment amount on a Level 8 nano upgrade?

((CurrentHourly$ x UpgradeTime) + UpgradeCost$) / DailyGain$

Most buildings take forever to pay back their worth. But the value in them is not how much more they make for u than what it cost to build it, but how fast you can accumulate lots of cash at any given time. You have to spend money to make money.

When it comes to stuff like the level 8 nano though, that is purely for income per hour stats. Anyone that can afford those types of buildings, don't need the cash in the first place.

Honestly i don't need much of the cash i make. I just make more cash to upgrade more buildings, and pad my IPH stat.

Ascent
08-19-2012, 03:17 PM
If it is intentional than they just screwed over every player who is now entering the 90+ area.

There are hundreds or thousands of people between 90-130 who are not showing up. So if was intentional for them to bring the level cap for the top tier back down to level 90, they obviously forgot about something or messed up somewhere.

Not all players who enter the 90s start to show up... in your previous comments on this subject, you were talking about some specific time period during which if a player entered the 90s they showed up... but only those who did it in that short period (do not remember what it was)

My LLP milking cow rose from below 90 to 99 for these past few days and I still cannot find him on the list (me being 140) I even dropped allies to dive down below but still cannot see him. I do see a lot of 90s but there are a couple dozen of them repeating over and over.

negotiator
08-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the tips, it is nice to see the forum coming back to the way it was when I first found it. Funny how a few people can bring the whole thing down. I have noticed a big change the last week or so.

Again thanks to all for the tips and advice.

boardgames rule
08-19-2012, 03:46 PM
hey i have a ? should i as a UK player buy the SS drones and b52s or should i just get mine lauchers and Battle ships/ destroyers or should i get some of both?

jeffrey
08-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Not all players who enter the 90s start to show up... in your previous comments on this subject, you were talking about some specific time period during which if a player entered the 90s they showed up... but only those who did it in that short period (do not remember what it was)

My LLP milking cow rose from below 90 to 99 for these past few days and I still cannot find him on the list (me being 140) I even dropped allies to dive down below but still cannot see him. I do see a lot of 90s but there are a couple dozen of them repeating over and over.

My speculation is that Gree would expose those 90s who attack a lot to higher level players so those 90s players would get their fair share of beating too. Gree likes to make the game fair and to provide level playing field for everyone I think!

jeffrey
08-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Tips 7 & 8 added.

Can you elaborate (or define) more on pirates, who is considered a pirate? I am new here and only been played since June so I don't know what you meant by pirates?

jeffrey
08-19-2012, 07:49 PM
I would add that sometimes is worthy to purposely piss off someone so he/she would attack you more if you don't lose any valuable unit, because the attackers always suffer more casualty in the long run. I would post nasty messages on their board after I set up bogey traps like hidden mine fields.

Mario Mario
08-20-2012, 02:38 AM
1. "Play Nice" and be a "Good Sport" - Don't go mouthing off to every rival who attacked you or raided you. You are only going to attract more attacks and raids if you act like a jerk. It is hard for rivals to want to attack you if you are being civil and nice to them. This is a war game, don't get offended if someone attacks you and steals your money.

2. Syncronize your money building collection times. Set an alarm reminder. If there is no money laying around, you are not going to be a target. If you are attacked, it is likely for BP's, unless you have pissed somebody off.

3. Bank Valor, Save Money and Wait to get the higher stat units. Don't blow it on lower stat units as they will be completely useless later and wont be brought to battle. Buy Aircraft Carriers and other high stat valor units (wait until you progress up the ranks.)
***This is assuming you already have a healthy base of low to mid level units. If you are extremely weak when you reach the whale zone at level 130+, you need to bulk up fast on mid level, low casualty money units and valor units.***

More to come...

Lol, I already did everything you said at level 32 :)

Q Raider
08-20-2012, 05:48 AM
I would add that sometimes is worthy to purposely piss off someone so he/she would attack you more if you don't lose any valuable unit, because the attackers always suffer more casualty in the long run. I would post nasty messages on their board after I set up bogey traps like hidden mine fields.

I suggest you read the thread heading.....the third word is Survival not Suicide :-)

Q Raider
08-20-2012, 05:54 AM
Do not post that annoying Spam thread about getting Gold, Money or whatever other rubbish claims it makes.

Giedrybe
08-20-2012, 05:54 AM
Jeffrey, what if your abused player has very powerful friends or a big pocket to decimate you? Or another account, which stats you potentially don't know?

Abusing is abusing. If you'll get the problem, it will be big problem then. And no realistic way to "retreat" from what was already done.

It is social game, not one on one.

Wdigeorge
08-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Can you elaborate (or define) more on pirates, who is considered a pirate? I am new here and only been played since June so I don't know what you meant by pirates?

Do a search on the forums and you will find older posts about pirates. There is not list that is public but there are those of us who made ourselves known on the forum such as myself and "speed ump". If you read your rival's walls, you will likely figure out who is a pirate.

Another sign is if you see a player with stats over 200k+, he is likely a pirate. Majority of the top players of this game is a Pirate.

You may use foul language or spam your rival's wall, but note that can backfire badly for you. If you mess with the wrong rival(s) repeatedly, your base can be the new party spot for top players 24/7 and you are likely not going to enjoy this game any longer....hence the reason for this guide.

Tanner
08-20-2012, 07:40 AM
add these tips:
A good tip with keep your buildings in line and less raids on them. Find your schedule in which you can almost always collect for those cash cows buildings (nanos, oil rigs, etc) and sync them to that time by literally letting them sit out and purposely left uncollected until the time comes. Sure, it will probably get raided. But now you get to collect both at that exact time. Now, if you forget one day to collect those buildings at that time (let's say over 30 mins or so) leave them.Let them get raided and wait till they come back to that same time as if you collected correctly the first time. It keeps it on your perfect schedule and over time prevents A LOT more raids if you were to collect whenever possible.

I have used this practice and found it to be one of the best strategies for NOT getting raided consistently. I would rank this right after vault your cash.

Tanner
08-20-2012, 07:52 AM

JMC, I'm glad you're not letting this die, b/c it's there.

B/C I like conspiracy theories, I'd like to again point out that GREE is never going do admit there there is a casualty glitch. No matter how many times people screen shot it, personally admit to having it, hack their player into having it, or even figure out a way to legitimately get it via some crazy series of events, they will never admit its existence. The glitch is a noose that is ever so slowly tightening around GREE's neck. Their admission is their leap off the chair.

Think about it. You're a heavy gold player who has paid for indestructible units, yet some guy/girl or group of them has it for free? I'm anything but a lawyer, but this seems like reason enough to file something and have a shot at winning.

I think as more free players reach higher levels and higher stats we're going to have a more clear picture of this animal that doesn't exist.

btw, we need a name for it that's way better than glitcher. Something like unicorn or chupacabra or sasqwatch!

Ascent
08-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Do a search on the forums and you will find older posts about pirates. There is not list that is public but there are those of us who made ourselves known on the forum such as myself and "speed ump". If you read your rival's walls, you will likely figure out who is a pirate.

Another sign is if you see a player with stats over 200k+, he is likely a pirate. Majority of the top players of this game is a Pirate.

You may use foul language or spam your rival's wall, but note that can backfire badly for you. If you mess with the wrong rival(s) repeatedly, your base can be the new party spot for top players 24/7 and you are likely not going to enjoy this game any longer....hence the reason for this guide.

I do not remember who already offered the easiest way to compile a list of pirates: talk smack to some of the top ranked players and you will get a complete list in your news section by the next day :D

Poopenshire
08-20-2012, 09:03 AM
I do not remember who already offered the easiest way to compile a list of pirates: talk smack to some of the top ranked players and you will get a complete list in your news section by the next day :D

Either that or completely disrespect the military was another good way to get unwanted attention.

Pirate Enforcer
08-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Very nice list George. I like #1. If they are cordial I back down, if they come running their mouths or attacking back (I know, lol) It is on. They should never leave a speed dial. When we get bored speed dial is easier than surfing the rival list.

jeffrey
08-21-2012, 07:15 PM
George, Q Raider, and Gledryde, thanks for the advices.

Tctiger
08-22-2012, 02:58 AM
The best strategy to survive in whale zone if you are in trouble is to drop allies so you only take gold units into battle , if you don't lose units and collect on time you can build army , for me that will be about 5 allies!