PDA

View Full Version : Option for a banker ?

fuzzy
08-14-2012, 06:35 AM
Scenario:

My 12's and 24's all pay out in 30 minutes. Pay out will be $3 million.

I have an upgrade that finishes in 1 hour 30 minutes.

I'm a banker so no current money on hand, as I pick on much bigger players then me.

My next building I want to upgrade is an even 3 million same payout as my hood.

So what do I do? Do I bank it all for an hour to loose $300,000 or take the chance that one of the big boys do not pick on me for an hour.

Or do I get a fellow forum member to pound me 10 times right before my hood pays out.

Collect my money and sit with it on hand for the next hour. This way no one can touch my money on hand during the cool down period.

Has anyone done this? Would this work?

Gaming Will
08-14-2012, 06:43 AM
Trying to get a forum member to smack you around seems like your best bet.

The Billionaire
08-14-2012, 07:07 AM
Trying to get a forum member to smack you around seems like your best bet.

I agree, sounds like it would work.

mxz
08-14-2012, 07:28 AM
Get the crap kicked out of you before collection. Easy choice.

dudeman
08-14-2012, 07:29 AM
I agree, sounds like it would work.

Yep, I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Oh, well actually there's just this one thing... Does anyone remember that 12-0 thread I started a while back? There's a glitch or a bug or something that allows you to attack/get beat up more than 10 times. I think luke posted in that thread that he once went 20-0. A bit of a coincidence here, but proof that this bug still exists, just last night I went 20-0 on a rival. All 20 attacks in one sitting, and then an hour later I was able to take him for another 10-0.

And he was no-banking! :cool:

So yeah, having someone hit you should work, but that doesn't mean it will. Business as usual with this game. Lots of stuff should do this or that, but this is a broken game full of bugs and sometimes things just don't do what you want or expect.

jaywalker
08-14-2012, 07:53 AM
I have been in a similar situation. I pulled out 100k to get someone to attack me 30 minutes before a big payout. I then collected 6.8mill and started an upgrade 45 minutes after.

I did not loose 680k due to banking.
I did not loose 300k from beeing attacked.
I did loose 60k from some random guy beating me.

Never give out your collection time, to anyone. Imo

Ghost818
08-14-2012, 07:57 AM

I used to swear by this.

I too had an incident like me broski dudeman, but it wasn't 20 times, it was 14.

However I don't think it is very common. Besides I may be too late for my input anyway :P

fuzzy
08-14-2012, 08:03 AM

so sacrifice 60k to some random guy instead of loosing to the bank....

However I don't think it is very common. Besides I may be too late for my input anyway :P

Never to late Ghost

jaywalker
08-14-2012, 08:08 AM
so sacrifice 60k to some random guy instead of loosing to the bank....

Never to late Ghost

Put in a different way (if you don't like the idea about giving a stranger 60k): Lose 60k or lose 300k.

murf
08-14-2012, 02:03 PM
I have been in a similar situation. I pulled out 100k to get someone to attack me 30 minutes before a big payout. I then collected 6.8mill and started an upgrade 45 minutes after.

I did not loose 680k due to banking.
I did not loose 300k from beeing attacked.

+1...I do this quite often now that I have many collections > $3mill.

murf
08-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Yep, I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Oh, well actually there's just this one thing... Does anyone remember that 12-0 thread I started a while back? There's a glitch or a bug or something that allows you to attack/get beat up more than 10 times. I think luke posted in that thread that he once went 20-0. A bit of a coincidence here, but proof that this bug still exists, just last night I went 20-0 on a rival. All 20 attacks in one sitting, and then an hour later I was able to take him for another 10-0.

And he was no-banking! :cool:

So yeah, having someone hit you should work, but that doesn't mean it will. Business as usual with this game. Lots of stuff should do this or that, but this is a broken game full of bugs and sometimes things just don't do what you want or expect.

Good to know Dudeman...I was thinking I'm on the cusp where no-banking might be cheaper, then paying the bank vig...I pull in about $30mill/day, so 10% in $3m. So, I was thinking if I'm beat up 10x's a day, that's break-even, so I'm probably close right now. And in a few weeks, I'll be adding another $8-12mill a day to that total (so ~ $40mill/day), so I thought I would definitely be no-banking, but now I see it's not that simple.

jaywalker
08-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Good to know Dudeman...I was thinking I'm on the cusp where no-banking might be cheaper, then paying the bank vig...I pull in about $30mill/day, so 10% in $3m. So, I was thinking if I'm beat up 10x's a day, that's break-even, so I'm probably close right now. And in a few weeks, I'll be adding another $8-12mill a day to that total (so ~ $40mill/day), so I thought I would definitely be no-banking, but now I see it's not that simple.

You can loose 300'000 every 2 hours from beeing attacked.
300'000/2 = 150'000 per hour.
150'000 / 0,1 = 1'500'000

When you make 1,5M/H and you can collect every cent of it, you can start nobanking.

These 14-20 attacks are very rare. So lets make it a 1,8 if you really want to be sure ;)

murf
08-14-2012, 02:20 PM
You can loose 300'000 every 2 hours from beeing attacked.
300'000/2 = 150'000 per hour.
150'000 / 0,1 = 1'500'000

When you make 1,5M/H and you can collect every cent of it, you can start nobanking.

These 14-20 attacks are very rare. So lets make it a 1,8 if you really want to be sure ;)

Yeah, that's the math I was using...I'm at $1.65mm, but only collect about $1.28mm right now...I figure in 2 weeks, I'll be above the collected $1.5mm threshold. Will make for a different game, at that point. Being a constant target by all the big guns.

7rs60
08-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Just leave your hood there for an hour. It's impossible to get robbed while you're in your hood.

dudeman
08-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Just leave your hood there for an hour. It's impossible to get robbed while you're in your hood.

You just keep on thinking that. What's your game name and level? :cool:

7rs60
08-14-2012, 03:38 PM
You just keep on thinking that. What's your game name and level? :cool:

You seriously didn't know that? You get red in the newsfeed, but your money doesn't go away unless you close the app before collecting and banking.

Wait, maybe it's a glitch, like the expansion glitch. Forget I said anything. :p

dudeman
08-14-2012, 03:44 PM
You seriously didn't know that? You get red in the newsfeed, but your money doesn't go away unless you close the app before collecting and banking.

Wait, maybe it's a glitch, like the expansion glitch. Forget I said anything. :p

That doesn't work anymore. At least not with any of the buildings that are worth having.

mxz
08-14-2012, 05:43 PM
That doesn't work anymore. At least not with any of the buildings that are worth having.I had it happen this weekend. NC and PT's got hit while I was PTFO. Collected everything fine in the morning.

dudeman
08-14-2012, 05:51 PM
I had it happen this weekend. NC and PT's got hit while I was PTFO. Collected everything fine in the morning.

Oh, that's right. This POS game is broken. Looks like the basic mechanics aren't even the same for everyone. If I go to work and display any kind of incompetence I could have a fatal accident. I wish those genius "engineers" had to work under similar circumstances. Maybe the product would actually start to seem like something that wasn't slapped together in mom's basement.

Greed, lust for money, and soft hands. Three mandatory traits of all GREEdzio employees. :p