PDA

View Full Version : Giving/Selling Crime City Accounts

Yahkin
08-13-2012, 11:56 AM
What are the rules in regards to this?

Life is getting in the way, and I'd love to pass all of my work and money spent on to someone who can finish this thing out.

SoccerStud
08-13-2012, 12:12 PM
The rules are its not allowed to be discussed on the forum, you will get banned.

Joeycool
08-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Your hood remains the property of Funzio and is non transferable.

But how would they know?

Boom
08-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Gimme yo money or I take yo money

Yahkin
08-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Your hood remains the property of Funzio and is non transferable.

This was my assumption, but I've never seen any sort of TOS. Did I just miss it? <-- this is likely.

Yahkin
08-13-2012, 12:47 PM
The rules are its not allowed to be discussed on the forum, you will get banned.

Source? It's not in the posting guidelines.

And I don't think bans are up to you. You be trolling?

SoccerStud
08-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Nope, bruiser posted on his good bye thread that people could pm him to get his account. He got banned 5 minutes later. But like JC said, they won't know. Just give someone your email and talk about there.

Dipstik
08-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Yes, it's very clearly in the TOS.

Illuminati
08-13-2012, 02:15 PM
What if the person looking to take over the account was planning to be a heavy gold spender and didn't want to bother going through the hassle of first building up a character? lol

Crime City Mark
08-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Actually, we can find out and we do ban game accounts for this.

Yahkin
08-13-2012, 04:27 PM

I'm obviously on the watch list now. :)

I was able to find the TOS, (no thanks to anyone on the forums) and I found them quite entertaining actually. I'm sure your lawyers are well paid, but I'd be surprised if parts of it were enforceable at least in some states. For those that haven't read it, it basically says Gree can do whatever the heck they want, whenever they want. This includes happily taking whatever amount of your real dollars you decide to give them and immediately make them worthless by changing game dynamics, removing gold, or simply shutting your account off. You could quite literally give them $10k at 1pm and they could shut your account off at 2pm for no reason and pocket your money.

Dipstik
08-13-2012, 04:36 PM

I was able to find the TOS, (no thanks to anyone on the forums) and I found them quite entertaining actually. I'm sure your lawyers are well paid, but I'd be surprised if parts of it were enforceable at least in some states. For those that haven't read it, it basically says Gree can do whatever the heck they want, whenever they want. This includes happily taking whatever amount of your real dollars you decide to give them and immediately make them worthless by changing game dynamics, removing gold, or simply shutting your account off. You could quite literally give them $10k at 1pm and they could shut your account off at 2pm for no reason and pocket your money.

You needed help finding the TOS? Maybe you're not the best person to be commenting on their enforceability...

You have no property interest in your account, and no remedy for any perceived harm. Don't like it? Don't participate. That's why the TOS is so clear... So no one can say they weren't warned and try to sue for a refund. Sheesh.

SoccerStud
08-13-2012, 04:39 PM

How about next time you listen to me. I said you would get banned and you called me a troll.

617Pats
08-13-2012, 04:40 PM

Lol, yeah because selling an acccount makes an individual money and not GREEd. You can cheat all you want and they probably won't care but don't even think about trying to take their money.

This is probably the only thing game accounts get banned for. How sad :(

Canoehead
08-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Hey, CCM, why aren't you as quick to ban cheaters? Makes one wonder about priorities

The Billionaire
08-13-2012, 05:53 PM
You needed help finding the TOS? Maybe you're not the best person to be commenting on their enforceability...

You have no property interest in your account, and no remedy for any perceived harm. Don't like it? Don't participate. That's why the TOS is so clear... So no one can say they weren't warned and try to sue for a refund. Sheesh.

I would like to read this TOS which i'm guessing is the american version of Terms and Conditions.

Can you point me in the right direction or post the link.

Thanks Dipstik

Mikecore
08-13-2012, 05:56 PM
http://www.funzio.com/?page_id=32

The Billionaire
08-13-2012, 05:58 PM
http://www.funzio.com/?page_id=32

Thanks Mike

Mikecore
08-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Thanks Mike

You re welcome!

Dipstik
08-13-2012, 05:59 PM
It's also right in the app under "about"...

Yahkin
08-13-2012, 06:29 PM
How about next time you listen to me. I said you would get banned and you called me a troll.

I have not been banned, and there are not rules about discussing this topic. If I were trying to sell my account...then we'd have an issue.

I tried to listen to you, but your information was incorrect.

Yahkin
08-13-2012, 06:36 PM

I'm sorry if I offended you by not clicking every button within the game. I've never needed help playing such a simple game, so I had never visited the help section within the game. It's not an obvious place to put the TOS. I also was not asked to agree to the TOS when I installed the app.

I understand the TOS just fine, and I understand my rights. That does not mean I can not point out to the rest of the forum members that their money is at risk whether they get entertainment from it or not. We spend money with the assumption that we will get to have fun with it. The TOS clearly states that they can simply take all of your gold away whenever they want.

Yahkin
08-13-2012, 06:37 PM
It's also right in the app under "about"...

No, it's under help.

Dipstik
08-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Not "at risk"... Gone. Sayanora!

Kor
08-14-2012, 01:14 AM
One of my "friends" transferred me his account. He he.
I used it to abuse people that I don't like.
Funzio transferred it back him him now though.
I managed to manipulate loads of people soooo easily though while I did have it. He he.
You are all such suckers for a pretty face.

I think I'm going to quit this game. I'm sick of being bullied.
Hello I'm back. He he.

Kisses. K