PDA

View Full Version : Using trees to hide building levels?

TonySpaghetti
08-13-2012, 11:51 AM
I've been using trees to hide my building levels, but thought I saw a post once about how decorations aren't visible by would-be attackers. Is this true?

If someone here could visit my hood and let me know if they see my trees, I'd appreciate it. I'm level 138 with the same name in-game.

joaquim
08-13-2012, 11:53 AM
They were talking about a version of the game where you can't see decorations. I think it was the HD version.

Carlos,
08-13-2012, 11:53 AM
I heard they aren't visible for Crime City HD(iPad) users, but regular Crime City users can see the trees.

mxz
08-13-2012, 11:54 AM
They were talking about a version of the game where you can't see decorations. I think it was the HD version.Correct. iPad version doesn't show decorations. Using trees is still a good idea if you're worried and have a high enough IPH that the cost doesn't slow down your upgrades.

Daniel2115
08-13-2012, 11:58 AM
I've got a iPad and I still see decorations on the non hd, just not the hd version

KemoKidd
08-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Gree will fix this as soon as they get a 3 day break from collecting money from events. They use those 2 days in between events to count their money and laugh all the way to bank instead of fixing a well known bug.

7rs60
08-13-2012, 12:12 PM
I've been using trees to hide my building levels, but thought I saw a post once about how decorations aren't visible by would-be attackers. Is this true?

If someone here could visit my hood and let me know if they see my trees, I'd appreciate it. I'm level 138 with the same name in-game.

Well, do you see other players' decorations? Then there's your answer.

The Billionaire
08-13-2012, 12:15 PM
It's a bug on the iPad HD version of CC just like mxz said. Its a bonus for CC HD users because they can see the level of every building.

Paulio
08-13-2012, 12:22 PM
I used to hide my building level with trees, but I think it's pretty useless now (not that it's a useless strategy on every level).

If I see a NC, I'm gonna rob it regardless of the level. An office building, I'm gonna rob it. A hotel, well, you get the idea. If I see a level 10 warehouse, pawn shop, gun shop, etc., I'm not gonna waste the stamina. The only buildings that it would make a difference on, for me, are Lofts and MTs. But if someone goes to the trouble of trying to hide it, then I'll hit it at least once just to see what it brings in.

TonySpaghetti
08-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Well, do you see other players' decorations? Then there's your answer.

I don't know if they HAVE any decorations.

Paulio
08-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Tony, like others said, anybody playing CC HD on ipad cannot see others decorations. So, if any of your rivals are playing on CC HD, then they will see your building levels despite the trees.

Olly1
08-13-2012, 12:31 PM
You're at level 138, surely you have either seen a rival with decorations or not by now? Go visit 10 hoods. If you don't see any then you have your answer

TonySpaghetti
08-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Tony, like others said, anybody playing CC HD on ipad cannot see others decorations. So, if any of your rivals are playing on CC HD, then they will see your building levels despite the trees.

Thanks for the info.

jobadass
08-13-2012, 02:57 PM
I like to build the taller buildings.... to hide my trees. Even HD players can't see them.

Jack Bauer 24
08-13-2012, 05:41 PM
I used to hide my building level with trees, but I think it's pretty useless now (not that it's a useless strategy on every level).

If I see a NC, I'm gonna rob it regardless of the level. An office building, I'm gonna rob it. A hotel, well, you get the idea. If I see a level 10 warehouse, pawn shop, gun shop, etc., I'm not gonna waste the stamina. The only buildings that it would make a difference on, for me, are Lofts and MTs. But if someone goes to the trouble of trying to hide it, then I'll hit it at least once just to see what it brings in.
Agree, at some point hiding your buildings become pointless.

The Billionaire
08-13-2012, 05:57 PM
I like to build the taller buildings.... to hide my trees. Even HD players can't see them.

You're giving me enough jokes tonight

jobadass
08-13-2012, 06:02 PM
You're giving me enough jokes tonightSorry, I'll stay the course. What Paulio said is exactly how we all play. Good building=robbery, no matter the level.

Mikecore
08-13-2012, 06:06 PM
I use my upscale club to hide a level 1 pizza shop!

That's a good bait for some robbers!...it has paid me a fortune!

jobadass
08-13-2012, 06:11 PM
I use my upscale club to hide a level 1 pizza shop!

That's a good bait for some robbers!...it has paid me a fortune!Ive fallen for that trap once, and it was recently. I've had a guy on my rival list forever with a fantastic hood. Went to hit his hotel, didn't check before 2nd tap and got his pawn shop, or whatever. Face, meet Palm

Dreno33
08-13-2012, 09:24 PM

saved a lot of writing for me! perfectly-executed points!

Kor
08-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Ooooooooh. That's a good idea.
I like to manipulate men to help me hide who I really am. I know it's against policy but one time I got a friend (well I made him think he was my friend, he he) give me his account.
Then I used that to get at people that I don't like. He he.
Yuno. Cause a bit of trouble. He he.
I managed to upset some people. It's my thing. I love drama. He he.
That's the best way to hide in this game.

Kisses. K.

Dravak
08-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Ooooooooh. That's a good idea.
I like to manipulate men to help me hide who I really am. I know it's against policy but one time I got a friend (well I made him think he was my friend, he he) give me his account.
Then I used that to get at people that I don't like. He he.
Yuno. Cause a bit of trouble. He he.
I managed to upset some people. It's my thing. I love drama. He he.
That's the best way to hide in this game.

Kisses. K.

So with other words , once upon a time , you got somebody who tested you , and you failed .
now you cannot stand failure , cause that person actually really cared for a person .
Without any auterior motives , but sadly this person who is posting ,
Is living in her own world of illusions , thinking everybody is her plaything .

No hun , sorry it doesn't work that way , that is why there is karma :p

Kor
08-13-2012, 10:29 PM
So with other words , once upon a time , you got somebody who tested you , and you failed .
now you cannot stand failure , cause that person actually really cared for a person .
Without any auterior motives , but sadly this person who is posting ,
Is living in her own world of illusions , thinking everybody is her plaything .

No hun , sorry it doesn't work that way , that is why there is karma :p

Hi sweetie.

Oh yes you are completely right. I just love to manipulate men. He he.
It's soooo easy. Men are such suckers for a hot girl like me. (ill be even hotter after the operation to have it removed)

Now stop stalking me in real life... Or I will post more photos of me in swimwear. He he.

Kisses. K.

Btw. I'm thinking of quitting this game.
I changed my mind. I'm back. I'm the queen of cc after all. He he.

TonySpaghetti
08-13-2012, 10:31 PM
ill be even hotter after the operation to have it removed

This cracked me up. Just use tape.

Kor
08-13-2012, 10:39 PM
This cracked me up. Just use tape.

He he. You have no idea how large my tape bill is sweetie.
You like me right?
Look how hot I am.
I love drama and manipulating men. He he.

I'm thinking Im going to have my account name changed. I don't like people knowing who I am. He he.
Hello everyone look at me!!! Can I get some attention over here please. Here I am. He he.

Kisses. K

TonySpaghetti
08-13-2012, 10:41 PM
You like me right?

Not particularly, no. Sorry.

Dravak
08-13-2012, 10:43 PM
So first we have santa , now we have koralene , lmao welldone welldone :p ...

Another classic in the making . so lets accuse people of being K .
And then she just blurt out women thing like stalking me , and I would be even hotter .

No darling , you can change the looks on the outside , but you can never change the inner person .
That is basically it , too bad you won't understand that in what ever gender you want to be :p

Chairman Maw
08-14-2012, 02:18 AM
Agree, at some point hiding your buildings become pointless.

I like to specifically targe the 'hidden' buildings. It's quite obvious why people hide building levels!

Spaden
08-02-2013, 04:55 AM
what are the best buildings to hide other buildings?

Bala82
08-02-2013, 05:27 AM
what are the best buildings to hide other buildings?

Anything big like hotel and credit agency

Angel6ix6ix6
08-02-2013, 05:32 AM
I laugh when I see trees hiding buildings, so stupid. Do you really think it fools anyone? Oh there's a tree, let's move on to next hood. Lmao.if its a high income building you hit it. Not that complicated.

MrM
08-02-2013, 05:36 AM
It does suck when you hit a NC with its level behind a tree and it turns out to be a level 1...other than that, yeah, so ridiculous. I love people who hide buildings behind other ones as well, as if that's not the first thing you'll check when you see an invisible building ready for collection.

TenderPlacebo
08-02-2013, 05:59 AM
I just look at their IPH, if it's below 2 mill I know his NC's aren't worth robbing.
As other have said, it's really not that great of a strategy, collecting on time is a more viable solution to not getting robbed ,lol

jopdermod
08-02-2013, 06:09 AM
There are more then one way's to see what level buildings are even if they have decorations in front of them:

On android various tips:

scale the hood, and most times the decorations either scale later or dissappear for a second or so.
fast scroll through the hood also makes the decorations move slower than the buildings so you could see.

If this all makes sense to know .. I don't know .. I even think hiding your buildings could INCREASE robbing. When I see a lvl1 nightclub I leave it :) when I can't see I'll poke once to know ..

Fredfreddy
08-02-2013, 07:42 AM
I gotta say, I still think trees make a difference, when you go in to a hood and you see trees everywhere, and you've got good buildings hidden by bad ones, it will absolutely make some folks skip your hood just because they don't feel like clicking around. it also deters campers during PVPs, as they're looking for 1XP (i.e. level 7 and under laundromat, arcades, barbershops et al) hits. As a high IPH camper, when i'm robbing during PVPs, I will skip a NC rob unless I know it's worth the XP (I think it's 13 or so) so when it's covered i'll generally just move on.

All that said, maybe i'm just dumb for skipping flora rich hoods, but rest assured there are other dummys like me out there, so trees will sometimes keep them away.

Max Power
08-02-2013, 09:16 AM
I also think there is some value. Sure, a guy will hit your hood and see a nightclub ready to be robbed and just hit it, regardless of level. No deterrent there. But if a guy visits your hood, and the NC is already collected, but shows a level 10, he will remember your name and keep coming back. As a high IPH player, I have had my share of stalkers, and it's because they remember my name.

Marcus Aurelius
08-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Trees are good to decorate your hood, but as a defense or robbery deterrent, not so much. I personally think they may bring more robberies as rivals will try to see if it's worth it, where as if they could see that it was a low paying building would pass on it entirely.

Tripp ing
08-02-2013, 01:03 PM
You know you can turn off your building levels in your game settings.

(SKK JL)-Superman
08-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Am I the only one who noticed that this thread was necroed? Don't necro threads.

FYG
08-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Just reiterating what everyone else said too. Look at someone's IPH and trees stop mattering.

Max Power
08-02-2013, 02:28 PM
You know you can turn off your building levels in your game settings.

Not to your opponents.

Spaden
08-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Okay thx for the insight.

I will collect it's just when people see my hood, then maybe they won't return if they can't see my ltb's.

Snot
08-02-2013, 06:09 PM

Well summed up mate - I do the same