PDA

View Full Version : Bug: Hero Weapon and Armor (Self vs Friend)

The_Red
08-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Anyone else noticed this? I see different hero weapons than what others are seeing my hero equipped with. Kinda annoying, because I'm hoping the monster attack is actually coming from the best weapons.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj111/Hobtuse/photo-9.png

Others see:
29/17 Murky Spear of Sorrow
18/35 Malik's Might

I see:
35/26 Razor's Edge
16/33 Gemmed Battle Suit

--red--

The_Red
08-13-2012, 08:08 AM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6863/photojjw.png

Kiss Of Death
08-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Your friendis not a modified player and does not have access to the same information as you (hence the variation in the att deff socres too) I wouls say that the upgrade opened up new loot items so his account can't see the new item stats as they don;t make sense to his software and it displayes the highest he can 'see' in his own data. YOU will be using the higher one in all you do.

The_Red
08-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Your friendis not a modified player and does not have access to the same information as you (hence the variation in the att deff socres too) I wouls say that the upgrade opened up new loot items so his account can't see the new item stats as they don;t make sense to his software and it displayes the highest he can 'see' in his own data. YOU will be using the higher one in all you do.

To be clear - this is a note about the hero equipment - not the unit stats.

I dont think the weapon comment is correct either from what I see, since this player has a gemmed battle suit equipped, so they are seeing the same equipment loot items.

BadNews
08-13-2012, 08:18 AM
What weapons display as the best weapon is base on the watcher's class.
In your case, I believe who take the first screenshot is a warrior.
Absolutely BUG!

Dewsy
08-13-2012, 11:53 AM
I've noticed this when looking at my main account through my LLP, they show completely different weapons/armours. Oddly when looking at Dewsy from my LLP it shows I have a mage weapon, even though I'm a rogue!

marebear
08-13-2012, 12:24 PM
I thought it went, if you looked at another players profile you will see their best equipment for your class ( warrior, Mage, rogue)

Talkazar
08-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Yes, if somebody is viewing you they see you as equipped with the best weapon/armor they (ie. their class) would use not what you are actually using. Actually mildly useful as it shows you what gear is available for your class.

Expect its a problem with the profile (whoever coded the friend/ally profiles either copied the code for your own or broke the class check), rather than anything internal. Certainly having better warrior or rogue weapons as a mage hasn't affected my damage when I've picked them up. Its been that way for a couple of months, which suggests something about Gree's ability to fix bugs.

DIrishB
08-13-2012, 03:47 PM
I've had a similar bug where the graphic for my weapon randomly alternates between the larger, axe or large sword weapon, and the medium sword weapon. The actual weapon never seems to change, just the graphic.