PDA

View Full Version : A Toast to the So Cal Forum Bashers

Dreno33
08-13-2012, 07:08 AM
The trip was so very fun and I just couldn't have asked for a better group of adults to hang out with. The generosity, the happiness, the laughter, everyone was just so great and miss them already(:

vballmadam - What can I say, you and your husband offered your home to me, drove my girlfriend and I down and up from San Diego. Used your own points for my hotel room. Your two dogs are so adorable especially Gracy when we arrived at your house friday, just standing up on both hind legs to peek in the car. Jordyn and I starting cracking up. Anyways, You both are such amazing people and I hope that Modern War is of the past, you will not be. We need to make sure we keep those PM's flowing, you were like a second mom to me. Gotta love moms(: I hope we keep in touch J & K!!

McDoc - You are quite the singer!(: Thanks for the advice you shared with vball and I at Hooters. Thanks for the wifi at El Torrito for everyone. But most importantly, thanks for putting such a GREAT idea into fruition with Cope, it became quite the unforgettable vacation (vacation for me, haha) Also, your employee who was working the karaoke saturday night is really good at what he does. perfect personality for that type of gig. :D

Copenhagen - Funny Funny Funny! I know how funny you are on the forums and everything, but in person there's no comparison. You made me crack up all night man! also, never knew how badass you were in the game with those records and that 7th digit (mmm so beautiful, haha). Keep me laughing A, and if I ever get solar panels, I'll make sure to be giving you a call(:

Hb Bombers - I never knew you and Cope worked together. That's really cool! You are so very nice and just a happy person in general. That was such an hilarious picture you took with vball and the iTunes gift card. hahahahaha. Don't be putting people on hold to laugh at the forums so they don't hear you. haha! so hilarious.

DrummerQuack - glad you could come in such short notice. Cope, after you left, could only say the NICEST things about you. How, by far, you have been the BEST assistant he has ever had. And just from getting you for the few hours I did, i could tell what a lovely and great person you were. Your smile influenced mine more than once that day(:

Hello Kitty - WOW! Am I jealous of the life you have lived? Who wouldn't be?! The things you have experienced and learned, its extraordinary. Quite the inspiration I must say. I enjoyed our long conversation off to the side. I learned a lot of really exciting things about you! You can do anything! I think the most shocking part was when we were talking on the side and you told me you had been an engineer before you current career for TWENTY years. I was just like... "Wait what? Your not 27-ish?" Haha, you are quite beautiful inside and out and can only give my props to you always. I'm very happy to have gotten to know about you and your past. It was quite the adventure to listen in on yours(:

Crime City Mark - What a great person you are. You remind me a lot like my cousin. It was really cool to get to see the man everyone looks to when something goes wrong. You seem really happy and I'm glad. I hope you're having fun reading this thread standing up at your computer with your SF view right before you(: Thanks for coming down CCM, we all very much appreciated it.

Everyone else, I wish you could have come as well. CCM will have to get his own one together one day. (please don't invite CC, hahah) But I can't thank anyone of the above people enough. You won't BELIEVE what everyone did for me. Without any prior knowledge, HK hands me a card, inside the card is everyone's signature who attended and a mixture of iTunes cards and cash. It equalled out to a vault of gold. They all chipped in to give me a birthday gift. HOW SWEET! :'D I was so shocked and happy. What amazing people I got the privilege to meet and get to know(:

Thank you so much all of you, it was quite the experience and won't be forgotten. I will be sure to see you on the forums(: Thank you again for everything, I had such a great time.

Boom
08-13-2012, 07:19 AM
Don't worry if he invites CC the trolls wouldn't come.. Except maybe Hatta.. But Hatta is awesome..

Jhoemel
08-13-2012, 07:21 AM
Reading this man make me realize that Im really fortunate that I found this forum become friends of the greatest guys out there :) You guys rock. I would have definitely go if I live close to that place

SoccerStud
08-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Wow! I hope you guys had a lot of fun. When was your birthday Dreno. I missed it :(

War Priest
08-13-2012, 07:56 AM
D, so that means your going to the next "offical" one hosted by CCM?

Dreno33
08-13-2012, 08:06 AM
D, so that means your going to the next "offical" one hosted by CCM?

probably, all depends on location. if in SF, then yes for sure

War Priest
08-13-2012, 08:13 AM
probably, all depends on location. if in SF, then yes for sure

My guess is most likely SF. That's home base so doubt it will be anywhere else.

Boom
08-13-2012, 08:20 AM
My bet is Canada I don't know why.

Mcdoc
08-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Good read Dreno! Gonna follow suit with the comments:

Dreno - you're one Super Cool Guy! Glad you and your girlfriend made it down. I'd be happy to have you as a kid brother in real life! It is so nice to put names with faces - but also with Real Personalities! BTW - Starfire has a pretty awesome singing voice!

VBallMadam - total shocker! I don't think I've ever met a more Hip Lady! It was already cool that you play the game, but you and your husband we there from the first minute to the last - incredibly fun - moving to the music - just makes me hope I can hang on to my cool youth like you have! Your avatar is now totally fitting in my mind to the person you are :)

i knew Cope was cool from talking on the phone a couple do times - but in person - your"re "one wild and crazy guy" - SNL reference! Thanks for being the real driver behind this event - I yield all credit over to you.

HB - you're one of those guys that everyone wish they had as a neighbor or co-worker - that cool dude you want at every BBQ! glad you came.

drummer quack - I know you may new to us - but you fit right in! Super cool that you made the trip!

Kitty - I was already blown away before I met you - but in person you are so much more! Your stories and experiences are simply amazing. I feel like I have now met a real life super star! I have a new found respect for all the women who play this game!

CCMark - you made this whole thing even more Epic because of your official presence. Speaking of presence - you have a larger than life presence when you walk in the room - definitely lived up to the legend :) I have a whole new level of respect for your role & knowledge - and mostly a sincere appreciation that you validated our event with your official presence.

BUT . . . . I can"t Leave out LED! This guy is Super Chill! Talk about a surprise! This guy is the Star Quartback that is still just one of the guys! You remind me of the lead actor in "White Collar" - Another Super cool guy everyone would want to have at the BBQ and I'm glad to have met you! I don't mean to play matchmaker here - but I couldn't help but think how sad it was that Kitty was gone before you got there :)

I hope I didn't leave anyone out. We've got some really nice people on the forums!

Boom
08-13-2012, 12:21 PM
What jokes did cope say...?

Copenhagen
08-13-2012, 02:09 PM
What jokes did cope say...?

Here's one that an Ape like yourself may appreciate and the cleanest one I've got for compliance with the forum rules. Courtesy of my five year old.

Knock.. knock
Who's there?
Gorilla
Gorilla who?
Gorilla my cheese sandwhich.

Boom
08-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Nice joke.......

drummerquack
08-13-2012, 07:11 PM
I had a great time meeting everyone! I am the newbie so it was great to hear everyone else's perspective/advice/tips etc.

Buggs1a
08-13-2012, 07:56 PM
How awesome it would be if I could meet you all.
I live in Washington state about 2 hrs From falling off the country lol. Meaning ocean. My home, I have a hot tub and a swimming pool out back. Nice being the weather this week is incredible and with this Thursday and Friday being over 90*.

I would truly love to come to a gathering but since I'm on disability I got no money. :( however it'd be so awesome if somehow I could. I dont have anything to do really.

Led
08-13-2012, 08:50 PM
BUT . . . . I can"t Leave out LED! This guy is Super Chill! Talk about a surprise! This guy is the Star Quartback that is still just one of the guys! You remind me of the lead actor in "White Collar" - Another Super cool guy everyone would want to have at the BBQ and I'm glad to have met you! I don't mean to play matchmaker here - but I couldn't help but think how sad it was that Kitty was gone before you got there :)
!

Thanks Doc!! I had a great time meeting everyone

Hello Kitty
08-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks Doc!! I had a great time meeting everyoneSorry I missed you LED! Would have been great to meet you too.

Led
08-13-2012, 10:19 PM
Sorry I missed you LED! Would have been great to meet you too.

Agree kitty!!

But you may be making wp a little jelly lol

😄

Vballmadam
08-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Led you are the best! Wish you could have spent the whole day with us!
Next time we'll have to go dancing!

Jhoemel
08-13-2012, 11:27 PM
Hello vball, do you guys have more pictures?

Vballmadam
08-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Hello vball, do you guys have more pictures?
We do have a few. We forgot to take some when we were kareokeing(?). After we left i was sad when I realized we forgot our camera. My husband is gone for a few days with work. I'll see if he can post some when he returns. It is great to actually see the real people you play with. It makes it more fun. I wish everyone would post a picture of themselves.
Where do you live Jhoemel?

Dreno33
08-13-2012, 11:43 PM

silly, look under his name, it says Location: Philippines

Vballmadam
08-13-2012, 11:47 PM
silly, look under his name, it says Location: Philippines

Thanks D ...I didn't notice! I guess I don't look over there. I shall be more observant next time. By the way, i miss your company!

Jhoemel
08-13-2012, 11:51 PM
We do have a few. We forgot to take some when we were kareokeing(?). After we left i was sad when I realized we forgot our camera. My husband is gone for a few days with work. I'll see if he can post some when he returns. It is great to actually see the real people you play with. It makes it more fun. I wish everyone would post a picture of themselves.

Yeah thanks dreno, i live in the philippines. Yeah i hope your husband returns soon. Yeah i feel we are all get closer when we see the faces of the people we play and talk with :)