PDA

View Full Version : Expansion is too expensive

Gambit12
08-13-2012, 06:51 AM
I wonder why the expansion is too much.. I wish the cement factory will reduce it or the next event for 20% reduction on the next expansion.. Any thoughts??? I just purchased an expansion for 11 million & now my money is less than 10k...

bushobama
08-13-2012, 07:03 AM
sell your weak defensive buildings, they're probably obsolete by now. then maximize your land usage (tetris style) then rinse and repeat. before you know it, you'll have more space than you know what to do with.

mickymacirl
08-13-2012, 07:04 AM
I'm sorry but get used to it!!! Expansions can cost upwards of 30m at the later stages :(

Fun
08-13-2012, 07:10 AM
Mines are still at 4m+ don't need all the land as of now so it's not a bother to me but that would be a great prize for an event

el_gringo
08-13-2012, 07:24 AM
The problem with it as an event unit is that most of the heavier gold spenders have little need for it as they have all the buildings anyway and make huge amounts of game cash.

It would be a great prize for someone at level 10, however.

War Priest
08-13-2012, 07:54 AM
I wonder why the expansion is too much.. I wish the cement factory will reduce it or the next event for 20% reduction on the next expansion.. Any thoughts??? I just purchased an expansion for 11 million & now my money is less than 10k...

Get over it. Mine are 32 million plus... :)

Ryans67
08-13-2012, 08:00 AM
It would have to be 50% off expansions for me to consider it. You really don't need to get crazy with the expansions if you don't have alot of gold buildings.

War Priest
08-13-2012, 08:02 AM
Honestly, doubt that will ever happen. The only people it would be good for are new players. An expansion takes 2 days. To upgrade this building to level 10 would take weeks. Time is more important than money so it just doesn't add up to me.

War Priest
08-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Want to know a tip? Cause yourself to have a bad wifi connection and you can get the expansion for free if your lucky. ;)

Ryans67
08-13-2012, 08:08 AM
My post was in reference to a special event unit.... Which would be useless, but for me to consider it, it would need to reduce expansion cost by atleast 50%, not 20%.

War Priest
08-13-2012, 08:12 AM
My post was in reference to a special event unit.... Which would be useless, but for me to consider it, it would need to reduce expansion cost by atleast 50%, not 20%.

Mine was in response to the first post. Not your's. It just happened to be after your post.

Miner
08-13-2012, 08:17 AM
My next expansion is 11 mil. I have all money buildings (including gold), all boost buildings and all unit buildings.

I have almost all mine fields and SAMs, none of the bulky defense buildings. You don't need a ton of land -- just smart planning.

War Priest
08-13-2012, 08:20 AM
My next expansion is 11 mil. I have all money buildings (including gold), all boost buildings and all unit buildings.

I have almost all mine fields and SAMs, none of the bulky defense buildings. You don't need a ton of land -- just smart planning.

I have ALL buildings except defense, but I do have 5 EMP's and 1 Drone Center and just started another row of expansions which cost 32M. :D It's going to look nice all spaced out.

I was going to be done but now that 30M is so easily made, it'll give me something else to do.

sexkitteh
08-13-2012, 08:22 AM
In all fairness... you can make money a lot quicker in this game than CC... but the expansions are very tiny...

Miner
08-13-2012, 08:22 AM
I have ALL buildings except defense, but I do have 5 SAM's and 1 Drone Center and just started another row of expansions which cost 32M. :D It's going to look nice all spaced out.

I was going to be done but now that 30M is so easily made, it'll give me something else to do.

I wouldn't mind giving my avatar some leg room at some point, but I'd rather dump the money into upgrading my economy for now. Currently, my avatar walks around in about a 2x2 square area.

War Priest
08-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Have we ever found out if several defense buildings placed together add the extra defense against a raid?

Miner
08-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Have we ever found out if several defense buildings placed together add the extra defense against a raid?

I'm not sure how you would ever be able to determine that accurately without the devs or CCM just answering the question for us. In my opinion, it's real hard to judge the effectiveness of defense buildings when you move up to stats in the thousands, tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands.

War Priest
08-13-2012, 08:33 AM
Reason I asked, I have thought about putting like 4 EMP's around my composite factory, one in each corner.

I collect my buildings on time so protecting my money buildings is pointless. Unit buildings, let them waste their time on it. Attack boost buildings don't matter. So it just comes down to composite and Infirmary.

Miner
08-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Reason I asked, I have thought about putting like 4 EMP's around my composite factory, one in each corner.

I collect my buildings on time so protecting my money buildings is pointless. Unit buildings, let them waste their time on it. Attack boost buildings don't matter. So it just comes down to composite and Infirmary.

So are you asking if putting for EMPs around your comp gives it an extra 300 defense points? I would assume it does. Seems like defense buildings go active when anything within their little blue halo is attacked. I agree about protecting the comp factory -- that definitely matters the most.

War Priest
08-13-2012, 08:41 AM
So are you asking if putting for EMPs around your comp gives it an extra 300 defense points? I would assume it does. Seems like defense buildings go active when anything within their little blue halo is attacked. I agree about protecting the comp factory -- that definitely matters the most.

It would be extra 500 defense points. 125 each.

I know this has been asked but seems like nobody knows for sure.

MadManDK
08-13-2012, 08:53 AM

It's not quite correct to call them attack boost buildings, as they also provide a boost to your defense. Just saying, so people don't get the wrong impression.

War Priest
08-13-2012, 08:55 AM
It's not quite correct to call them attack boost buildings, as they also provide a boost to your defense. Just saying, so people don't get the wrong impression.

What? By attack boost buildings I mean like the airship hanger, navy lab center, and such. The buildings that only boost attack. Not the composite.

albeezy
08-13-2012, 09:01 AM
I have all free buildings, most defensive buildings, over 500 palm trees, a composites factory, and still have room and my next expansion (complete in 36 hours) will only be 9-10 million. How are you running out of space?

Arizona
08-13-2012, 09:13 AM
What? By attack boost buildings I mean like the airship hanger, navy lab center, and such. The buildings that only boost attack. Not the composite.
The unit boost buildings say they increase the relevant power. I always assumed that means power to defence as well as attack.
When you upgrade one of these buildings you will see your defence increase as well.

Miner
08-13-2012, 09:15 AM
What? By attack boost buildings I mean like the airship hanger, navy lab center, and such. The buildings that only boost attack. Not the composite.I think those "attack" buildings boost both attack and defense. The descriptions don't say they only boost attack. And when I upgrade one, both stats go up.

SoccerStud
08-13-2012, 09:18 AM
All boost buildings (save composite) boost attack and defense. Composite factory boosts only defense

Ryans67
08-13-2012, 09:45 AM

I dunno if they do, but I have 5 railguns, 2 EMP's, and 2 SAM's protecting my composite. :cool:

dthfrmabv
08-13-2012, 09:47 AM
... over 500 palm trees

Just wondering does the decoration in MW help out on anything. In KA I was able to use Acacia tree to hide my building stats at least for the smaller structures... I have a row of Acacia tree and behind them I have a row of high level money buildings (randomly alternating with some low level) then I have another row of Acacia trees and alternated building /defense structure to cover all sides. They can still figure out that its a money building or what structure it is if they hover over it but at least I make them work for it and they can't tell the level. What I am not sure is if the attacker experiences the same difficulty I do when upgrading my buildings - since the acacia trees cover them I have to be precise on clicking on them.

MW have larger and wider building structure and dont see any large decorations do the same like KA. Was thinking at least to hide my defense.

James_mac
08-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Just wondering does the decoration in MW help out on anything. In KA I was able to use Acacia tree to hide my building stats at least for the smaller structures... I have a row of Acacia tree and behind them I have a row of high level money buildings (randomly alternating with some low level) then I have another row of Acacia trees and alternated building /defense structure to cover all sides. They can still figure out that its a money building or what structure it is if they hover over it but at least I make them work for it and they can't tell the level. What I am not sure is if the attacker experiences the same difficulty I do when upgrading my buildings - since the acacia trees cover them I have to be precise on clicking on them.

MW have larger and wider building structure and dont see any large decorations do the same like KA. Was thinking at least to hide my defense.

Decorations cant be seen by other players so they don't make any sort of difference, i remember reading a while ago that they stopped them appearing because there were making the game run slower or something similar to that. Some players buy hundreds of them so they can sell them all in one go and use the cash for a expensive upgrade or to buy a nano or whatever

dthfrmabv
08-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Decorations cant be seen by other players so they don't make any sort of difference, i remember reading a while ago that they stopped them appearing because there were making the game run slower or something similar to that. Some players buy hundreds of them so they can sell them all in one go and use the cash for a expensive upgrade or to buy a nano or whatever

argh Thanks... i gues back to the drawing board... The only one i guess that my decorations working against with is me... In KA the sycamore tree hid my buildings and was a bit of hassle upgrading unless I move 1 or 2 away b4 upgrade.

Thanks time to make firewood out of those sycamore tree then.

MadManDK
08-13-2012, 10:48 AM

There are (at the moment) no buildings that only boost attack. Composites Factory only boosts defense while the other 4 boost both attack and defense, so with all boost buildings at 10, you would get 20% boost on attack and 44% boost on defense, as boosts are multiplied (see the Spreadsheets and more. (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36987-Spreadsheets-and-more.&p=358196#post358196) thread from KoD page 3).

I've verified this when doing my spreadsheet, which currently always is right on the money.

War Priest
08-13-2012, 11:48 AM
I don't believe that. My defense never goes up when I upgrade an attack boost building.

Hence "Increases attack".

Arizona
08-13-2012, 12:07 PM
I don't believe that. My defense never goes up when I upgrade an attack boost building.

What attack boost building are you talking about?

War Priest
08-13-2012, 12:11 PM
What attack boost building are you talking about?

The ones that say "Increases (unit type) power".

The times I upgraded my airship hanger I took snapshots of the stats so I can see how much it increased and my defense stats never moved.

Ryans67
08-13-2012, 12:23 PM
I'll test it myself in a few hours on my camping account. I'm too cheap to spend 37 gold to finish the boost upgrade to find out instantly. :D

MadManDK
08-13-2012, 12:28 PM

Well thats how they work for me.

Btw. I just had Bronson (fellow UK player) check my stats and from his point of view he is seeing my "raw" states (raw unit stats added together) multiplied by my country boost and added the defense buildings. I'm seeing my "raw" stats multiplied by country boost and boost buildings (as I described) and then added the defense buildings. Both these numbers are also calculated in my sheet based on units and buildings and are accurate to +/-1 (out of around 50K), which is pretty darn accurate.

With this i do multiply the "attack" boosts to both attack and defense. Again this is how it is for my player, not claiming this is how it works for all players (it would however make sens it was the same).

Btw. this thread is now hijacked ;-)

Arizona
08-13-2012, 12:41 PM
I was pretty sure the boost applied to both A & D but I'll take a time out on this one and wait for someone to upgrade.

War Priest
08-13-2012, 12:42 PM
This is the first day I have ever heard of this...

Dirty Doug
08-13-2012, 08:05 PM

Hey War Priest, I'm surprised you didn't know about this. Yes, upgrading boost building increases BOTH your attack and defense. I've taken snap shots before and after many times and confirmed it on my game. I also remember a discussion about this about a month ago which I also stated this and JMC followed up confirming I was correct.

Not that your stats need the help, but it will give you another reason to get those boost buildings leveling up now!

Gambit12
08-13-2012, 08:12 PM
I have ALL buildings except defense, but I do have 5 EMP's and 1 Drone Center and just started another row of expansions which cost 32M. :D It's going to look nice all spaced out.

30m?? Wow! You must have all the land already...Unbelievable..!!

Dry
08-13-2012, 08:30 PM
War prist ,, what lever r you?

Ryans67
08-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Upgrade finished. Increased both attack and defense. Was the ground unit boost building.

albeezy
08-13-2012, 08:34 PM

Are you sure you aren't FLAN's alter ego? That is ridiculous, first day you ever heard of this! SERIOUSLY? I want to see those pics?

War Priest
08-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Are you sure you aren't FLAN's alter ego? That is ridiculous, first day you ever heard of this! SERIOUSLY? I want to see those pics?

Like I said, my defense NEVER changed during my airhanger upgrades.

bushobama
08-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Yeah War Priest, really surprised you did not know about this yet. Listen, the unit boost buildings do actually boost both the specific unit's attack and defense, unlike the composite building which ONLY BOOSTS the unite's DEFENSE. So again, the buildings don't ONLY boost units attack which you thought before and may still think. What's funny is that members are actually now saying "attack boost buildings" which is quite misleading. As there is no exclusively "attack boost building". So hope you got it now, let us know if you need more help.

albeezy
08-13-2012, 08:42 PM
You using no air units for defense? I just can't believe it. Not saying you are lying, but don't believe your account is different than everyone elses? Maybe you are right and we have the boost building glitch. Sux to be you in that case. I think you need to do another upgrade to the hanger and take some before and after pics. Also, I noticed that sometimes money buildings increase my IPH before they are completed and some after completion. so for example, new construction adds to IPH immediately while upgrade have to finish.

albeezy
08-13-2012, 08:43 PM
WP you might find this helpful

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21637-General-Tips-for-n00-(read-first-post)

MUHAHAHAHA

SeqWins
08-13-2012, 08:45 PM
You using no air units for defense? I just can't believe it. Not saying you are lying, but don't believe your account is different than everyone elses? Maybe you are right and we have the boost building glitch. Sux to be you in that case. I think you need to do another upgrade to the hanger and take some before and after pics. Also, I noticed that sometimes money buildings increase my IPH before they are completed and some after completion. so for example, new construction adds to IPH immediately while upgrade have to finish.

This is inaccurate...
1rst time builds immediately increase your IPH and upgrades upgrade your IPH after finished...this applies to all $ buildings.

albeezy
08-13-2012, 08:48 PM
This is inaccurate...
1rst time builds immediately increase your IPH and upgrades upgrade your IPH after finished...this applies to all $ buildings.
isnt that what I said in my example (e.g., for example, new construction adds to IPH immediately while upgrade have to finish.) LOL! Next time I sell my space centers and rebuild them I will see. Stay tuned for updates!

SeqWins
08-13-2012, 08:51 PM
You're completely correct, I misread that last part. Either ways nothing wrong here were both on the same page....

War Priest
08-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Whoa, no team sexey seq?

War Priest
08-13-2012, 08:54 PM

This was like 4 months ago.

SeqWins
08-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Whoa, no team sexey seq?

It's there....lol I think you mistook what TS is all about..you could have left it in your sig..it's not like we're serious based...

War Priest
08-13-2012, 08:58 PM
It's there....lol I think you mistook what TS is all about..you could have left it in your sig..it's not like we're serious based...

I like my solo tag though. :p

Ride alone...Die alone... :D

SeqWins
08-13-2012, 09:00 PM

Very well, I ride for the green and live for the green

Olive Drab baby

Born to fight Trained to kill, Ready to die! But never will

albeezy
08-13-2012, 09:01 PM

Noone likes to be ALONE! $^&)*#($^*%(#@%(&(*(#$^* (ill leave my smart ass comments encrypted)

War Priest
08-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Very well, I ride for the green and live for the green

Olive Drab baby

Actually, OD is my favorite color. I have a bunch of military surplus that's OD. My PC case is OD (Fox tactical) same with my duffle bag (OD fox tactical). If you notice in my picture, I am also wearing a OD shirt. :D

Corsair
08-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Yeah that whole boost building thing was something I brought up when looking at Kittys calculations, which turned out to be incorrect. My suspicion is that originally the unit boosts were supposed to be attack only, but they changed it either when they made composites gold, or just decided it should do both. Or maybe it's a bug, who knows. :p

Giedrybe
08-14-2012, 06:50 AM
WP, sometimes profile stats don't change immediately, you need to log on again. For me I saw numerous time after beating the boss, I wanted to see how my stats have changed. They didn't instantly, even if inventory was already with new unit. One reset - and here you go with updated figures in profile. I assume you've just been in same situation when stats are not changing "online", but more "turn based".

sexkitteh
08-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Sorry to derail a bit guys...

Are there a/many/any income buildings that unlock based on how much mafia you have?

Bronson
08-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Sorry to derail a bit guys...

Are there a/many/any income buildings that unlock based on how much mafia you have?

No everything is level based in MW