PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Loot Checklist:

Hivesy
08-13-2012, 02:31 AM
What is most important for farming loot? There are a number of different factors in play and I've listed below what I consider are the most important and in the order I rank them, i.e. number 1 being most important. Interested to see if you agree or not, if not how do you rank them or what others would you add?

1. Target mission does not require any specific units to attack it. This way you can hit the target as many times as you want but you never actually lose any units. There have been some nice looting spots I've found but I seemed to lose 2 or 3 decent units for every one of the loot unit that dropped, not a great return and kind of defeats the object of looting in the first place.

2. Target mission rewards low experience points. Obviously you don't want to level up too much by farming.

3. Target mission is a 'one and done'. It doesn't have to be a single hit I suppose, but the less hits the better for obvious reasons. If something has low experience points but you have to hit it 5 times to beat it then the overall gain will be higher in experience points and your energy won't go as far.

4. Target mission needs a low amount of energy, obvious really, the lower the energy requirement the more times you can hit it.

5. Unit quality. This is normally the factor that drives you to hit something the most, it's what you actually get as the loot. You obviously want something cool with killer stats, however for me, if the above points don't stack up then it doesn't matter how nice the unit is I'm not doing it. For example some of the map bosses pay out amazing units with 3 figure stats, however with 19+ hits which take 500ish energy each, lots of XP per hit and then a low percentage chance to actually get the killer unit they don't make sense for me right now. If I'm a whale with huge stats and so venal fighters don't make my army then maybe I do that, but for little old me then it's not worth it.

6. Cash payout. Sort of a side issue but one that really adds up. Whether the loot unit drops or not you obviously get cash every time, if it's high enough after a few farming sessions you can find yourself with enough cash to buy a stealth surveillance drone or two sort of free of charge.....

That's my thoughts and I know it's very hard to find places that tick every box. Are there some boxes you don't want to tick? Have I got it wrong?

For me the tug boat in the Caribbean Straights is perfect right now. Anybody found any other places that do all of the above?

Share the knowledge people.

(PS - please don't just post links up here to other loot threads that tell you what you can get and where, that's not what this is about).

Bronson
08-13-2012, 05:05 AM
Don't think there are that many spots worth looting besides the well known ones and defo nothing under lvl 90

bushobama
08-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Don't think there are that many spots worth looting besides the well known ones and defo nothing under lvl 90

say it ain't so!

mxz
08-13-2012, 07:47 AM
My metric: (ATK raise + DEF raise) * drop rate / casualty rate / energy. Sort high to low -> pick the top one. If I'm focusing on attack or defense I'll just use that delta rather than the combined.