PDA

View Full Version : Hard work.....

Hivesy
08-12-2012, 11:35 PM
........Trying to find a thread that is actually about MW tactics. Far too much rubbish on here about people's own inflated opinions of themselves.

Next time someone calls themselves a 'legend' or declares that they are 'famous' because they post meaningless crap up here I'll be sending the boys round.

Can we get back to loot drops or building upgrade times or clever little strategies for beating people with bigger stats than you please?

Here's a tip: when there is a boss event on always attack a rival before you start using energy on PVE missions. That way when the boss arrives you don't lose the first cash and/or loot drop you would normally get. I reckon boss events have robbed me of at least 20 venal fighters and countless dollars from forgetting to do this before i hit the tug boat in the Caribbean.

bushobama
08-12-2012, 11:45 PM
what did you loot during level 70-80 ? I am about done using mini-subs for my army and need something bigger.. I am only level 76 however and the last map I can play is the Capital Prefecture..

Lordsloss
08-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Learn to walk before you run.

Matt Thornton
08-12-2012, 11:49 PM
what did you loot during level 70-80 ? I am about done using mini-subs for my army and need something bigger.. I am only level 76 however and the last map I can play is the Capital Prefecture..its about 8 maps ahead of you for the venal fighter. carribbean straits ,tug boat.

Bronson
08-13-2012, 12:45 AM
Ok here's a question, how many meat shields do people have? I'm looking at using B52s as meat shields is 500 of them enough???

Also Hives I know you wasnt referring to me but I am a legend ��

albeezy
08-13-2012, 01:47 AM
........Trying to find a thread that is actually about MW tactics. Far too much rubbish on here about people's own inflated opinions of themselves.

Next time someone calls themselves a 'legend' or declares that they are 'famous' because they post meaningless crap up here I'll be sending the boys round.

Can we get back to loot drops or building upgrade times or clever little strategies for beating people with bigger stats than you please?

Here's a tip: when there is a boss event on always attack a rival before you start using energy on PVE missions. That way when the boss arrives you don't lose the first cash and/or loot drop you would normally get. I reckon boss events have robbed me of at least 20 venal fighters and countless dollars from forgetting to do this before i hit the tug boat in the Caribbean.
My tip would be to check your money before you do pave during a boss event. I do not lose money and it is autovaulted!

Oh and how do you know you lost 20 venal fightes they aren't dropped every time?

Hivesy
08-13-2012, 01:53 AM
Bron you are a leg-end, here-after referred to as foot boy :)

@bushobama - I didn't really farm any loot in the middle levels, I just did the map areas and took what was given. I farmed the amphibious trooper in the docks during lower levels, still got over 400 of those bad boys who once upon a time stood proud with their 6 attack and 8 defense. Sadly now they are just rotting in my reserves, fat and bloated from lack of use, they will sit there a shadow of their former selves until such day that Gree listens to all our suggestions for a trade-in type building.

Hivesy
08-13-2012, 02:03 AM
@albeezy - not sure what the drop rate is for venal fighters from the tug boat, I reckon approx 30% as they do drop quite well from there. They seem to go in batches so I can hit it 5 or 6 times with none and then get 3 in a row. To answer your question I have no idea how many venal fighters I have lost, I do know that I've hit the tug boat a lot of times and then the boss has appeared and there is no cash or unit above the tug boat but I've lost the energy used to hit it. Maybe not 20 venal fighters, maybe I've lost 13 :)

Q Raider
08-13-2012, 02:13 AM
what did you loot during level 70-80 ? I am about done using mini-subs for my army and need something bigger.. I am only level 76 however and the last map I can play is the Capital Prefecture..

Prefecture Tower had the Typhoon Tiger 21/14 and the angry Salesman was Rebel Artillery with 17/8 but if I remember correctly the drop rates weren't that flash.

I went away from the loot drops for a while around that level and started focussing on cash items with strong against factor plus chased the Valor goals but you have to be prepared to level up to do that. If I were that level now I would be way more patient and focus much more on working to the max cash items so I could chase the Elite indestructibles harder.

Thunder Child
08-13-2012, 02:14 AM
Bron you are a leg-end, here-after referred to as foot boy :)@bushobama - I didn't really farm any loot in the middle levels, I just did the map areas and took what was given. I farmed the amphibious trooper in the docks during lower levels, still got over 400 of those bad boys who once upon a time stood proud with their 6 attack and 8 defense. Sadly now they are just rotting in my reserves, fat and bloated from lack of use, they will sit there a shadow of their former selves until such day that Gree listens to all our suggestions for a trade-in type building.Bell-end, more like!

Mcdoc
08-13-2012, 02:19 AM
. . . If I were that level now I would be way more patient and focus much more on working to the max cash items so I could chase the Elite indestructibles harder.What Elite imdestructibles? And why do you need cash for them?

Hivesy
08-13-2012, 02:36 AM
ha ha not heard someone called a bell-end for years. You'll be calling him a Joey next....(sits back and wonders if anyone else is old enough to know what I'm talking about)

MadManDK
08-13-2012, 02:50 AM
What Elite imdestructibles? And why do you need cash for them?

I think he is talking about the Boss Elite event and all the indestructible you can get. They do cost a bit of cash to get.

Tail gunner
08-13-2012, 03:11 AM
ha ha not heard someone called a bell-end for years. You'll be calling him a Joey next....(sits back and wonders if anyone else is old enough to know what I'm talking about)

haha...not heard 'Joey' in years Hivesy. What level are you currently at pal?

Q Raider
08-13-2012, 03:41 AM
What Elite imdestructibles? And why do you need cash for them?

Oops sorry Mcdoc should have been clearer. As Madman notes was referring to the defeat the Elite events. As you are aware at our high level player levels you don't get very far. With max allies and a decent unit density you can pick up a good swag of them each event.

bushobama
08-13-2012, 03:49 AM
Prefecture Tower had the Typhoon Tiger 21/14 and the angry Salesman was Rebel Artillery with 17/8 but if I remember correctly the drop rates weren't that flash.

I went away from the loot drops for a while around that level and started focussing on cash items with strong against factor plus chased the Valor goals but you have to be prepared to level up to do that. If I were that level now I would be way more patient and focus much more on working to the max cash items so I could chase the Elite indestructibles harder.
Thanks for the input, as far as the elite boss I was able to reach boss 20 using one med pack... I also pay attention to valor goals. I recently blew my valor stash on sf sh and mlrs After coming to the conclusion that the elite helis aren't really even worth saving for. And cash for the Boss events ain't a prob I just hit 385k/HR which is one of the highest around my neck of the war.

bushobama
08-13-2012, 04:02 AM
its about 8 maps ahead of you for the venal fighter. carribbean straits ,tug boat.
i was afraid that's the soonest one worth looting. That is one of the loot items I see being discussed and I'm a ways from unlocking it. Rarely do I even deplete my energy on map missions anyway, which has allowed me to dump certain number of skill points into the suprise you lost your attack category...

Bronson
08-13-2012, 04:47 AM
Bell-end, more like!

Oi!! Who you calling a bellend you grumpy old b@stard!!

albeezy
08-13-2012, 05:20 AM
@albeezy - not sure what the drop rate is for venal fighters from the tug boat, I reckon approx 30% as they do drop quite well from there. They seem to go in batches so I can hit it 5 or 6 times with none and then get 3 in a row. To answer your question I have no idea how many venal fighters I have lost, I do know that I've hit the tug boat a lot of times and then the boss has appeared and there is no cash or unit above the tug boat but I've lost the energy used to hit it. Maybe not 20 venal fighters, maybe I've lost 13 :)
I used to think the same thing since the tugboat is my pve spot if choice. I wrote down my $$ before hitting the tug, hit it an the boss popped up, returned to the tugboat and no money etc, but my cash at the top had gone up and was already vaulted

Ascent
08-13-2012, 07:14 AM
Ok here's a question, how many meat shields do people have? I'm looking at using B52s as meat shields is 500 of them enough???

I just bought 2000 MLRSs as defense. When I had about 200 Demolitions as meatshileds that was no enough. As I keep buying them, at 350 I noticed that almost always a demolition dies instead of an MLRS. So is seems that for a LOW casualty rate MLRS about 3-500 VERY HIGH casualty rate Demolitions will do the trick.

Personally, I will get 2000 demolitions anyway to make sure :D

Ryans67
08-13-2012, 12:34 PM
I was farming the brigand lightning, which Q advised me of. They were great for stats, but died off rather quickly once I went back to doing PVP. I lost 18 in 3 days. I've kind of given up on farming units.

Mad
08-13-2012, 01:03 PM
I used to think the same thing since the tugboat is my pve spot if choice. I wrote down my $$ before hitting the tug, hit it an the boss popped up, returned to the tugboat and no money etc, but my cash at the top had gone up and was already vaulted

How do you auto-vault???

albeezy
08-13-2012, 01:22 PM
How do you auto-vault???
You dont, but when I do PVE and the boss screen pops up before the cash pops up from the mission, it is automatically vaulted if I have space in my vault, at least it appears to work that way for me.

Example:
Have 9000000 in vault
hit tug and boss screen appears
return to map and no money is dropped from the tug
check money and I have 9078252
check vault and 78252 from the guboat is vaulted even though I did not vault it

Agent Orange
08-13-2012, 02:18 PM

I think other than the dreck that you already mentioned.... is that the game is still in a state of flux so strategies that were posted a while back may no longer be valid or as valid as they were.

Papa Tom
08-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Loads of bell ends were I come from mate