PDA

View Full Version : I miss not winning the grand prize

The Billionaire
08-12-2012, 08:21 PM
I miss not winning the grand prize on the events but more importantly i miss not winning a modifier.

When the event splash page pops up i couldn't wait to see what the modifier is. Now i couldn't care less because i know i've got no chance of winning it without spending a fortune.

For me, events were a major part of the game and i hate the fact that i no longer have a chance of winning unless i spend 10 vaults of gold.

What annoys me even more is the fact that Gree knows this and they haven't released something to entertain those who aren't willing to spend 10 vaults of gold on an event. With no new content being released and limited participation in the events this game is slowly becoming boring and less addictive.

I know other types of events aren't going to make Gree as much money as the current style events but surely the more income the better! I really can't understand their thinking sometimes. Did Gree sit down and say 'Lets focus on getting as much money out of CC's biggest spenders, forget about the rest of them, their income doesn't interest us'.

Why haven't we had another PvP tournament especially now that the leaderboard function is working?
I would quite happily spend a vault or two on this kind of tournament if i thought i had a good chance of winning the grand prize. The Black Widow Shotgun tournament was by far my favourite and i spent the whole weekend beating the hell out of my rivals.

Why haven't they released a robbery tournament?
PvP and robbery tournaments would not only entertain the customer but would help Gree close the gap in the shark tank. It would increase the number of players in the higher levels and would hopefully get to the point where another 50 or 100 levels could be opened up. This would give all those players sitting at the higher levels so else to do besides upgrade.

When will the 'Epic Boss Events' be introduced?
I play Modern War and i love the Epic Boss Events even though i can only make it to around level 11 as a free player. If they were introduced into CC i would quite happily spend a couple of vaults on this type of event.

Bottom line is i'm bored and even more bored of watching people spend ridiculous amounts of money to win a vehicle. You could buy a REAL LIFE car with the amount of money spent by some people on these events.

Anyway changes will have to happen because Gree may be making a shed load of money at the moment but it won't last forever!!

I only wrote this thread because i got bored of playing CC, something that i thought would never happen!

joaquim
08-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Bottom line is i'm bored and even more bored of watching people spend ridiculous amounts of money to win a vehicle. You could buy a REAL LIFE car with the amount of money spent by some people on these events.

Some of these people could even buy 2 or 3!

Maniaxe
08-12-2012, 09:06 PM
I have found it to be be a relief. I don't care about events anymore. I have no chance of winning and if I hit fifteen of however many stupid items they come up with I am happy. All the new events do is help stop any thoughts of gold spending and curb my addiction to this game.

Thanks to these new events I now spend zero gold and could care less if I have open every hour. Thank Gree for taking me from a potential customer into to a care free player who spend his money elsewhere. Your loss, my gain.

Babytway
08-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Some of these people could even buy 2 or 3!
True Dat.......lol

Boom
08-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Some could buy 10 stretch limos

MaddSkillz
08-12-2012, 10:02 PM
I racked up s decent inventory of event items. I was addicted to gold to say the least. Since I lost a vault on one of these events and didn't get the 250 item, I havent purchased one bar. Not one speck of gold. I do have to thank Gree for these frequent high priced events. They have bought me one step closer to 'winning' the game. I haven't even bothered to open a box for this current event.

Thanks to Gree I have had time for my personal life. I just found out my daughter turned two today. One year i missed staring at the screen of my iphone 4. We had a party for her and everything. She talks and walks! It's truly amazing what happens when crime city is not being played every hour on the hour. Good riddance to the old style. Keep the new style I keep my like. Thanks Gree.
(kidding I was not too involved to watch my daughter grow up)

<3 Hz
08-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Some could buy 10 stretch limos

Stretched Cadillac Escalade limos on gold 30-inch rims even!

Polarbear
08-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Different events appeal to different people, and will cycle through those that you like and those that you don't.
For ones that you don't, just enjoy the 1 or 2 gold equivalent items that you receive with barely any trouble...

Many of us played this game for around 6 months pre-events and were not bored.... But now after only 4 or 5 weeks of the same type of events, we start complaining? I don't understand.....

I do sometimes feel frustrated that everyone winning these events are flying by, stats wise. But then you think, whether or not these events are here or not, these same 'winners' would probably still spend substantial amounts on other stuff I.e. crates, limited items. So either way it's still a pay to win concept.

jmeijer
08-13-2012, 04:30 AM
I know other types of events aren't going to make Gree as much money as the current style events but surely the more income the better! I really can't understand their thinking sometimes. Did Gree sit down and say 'Lets focus on getting as much money out of CC's biggest spenders, forget about the rest of them, their income doesn't interest us'.I agree. It's better on the long term to satisfy more customers.. and I think that this game has about 25 people who are satisfied right now. It's nice for the richer people amongst us, like Koralene with her 302 stolen identities.. but it's highly demotivating for 99% of us.

I had fun with the previous events, with 10 secret items max.; it was obtainable with 1-2 vaults or for free when you were very lucky. My irritation about the recent events is so high, that I almost haven't participated in the last 5 of them. I can only say that Gree/Funzio made the app wherefore I spent the most, and I don't know if that is my stupidity or their smart ways of extracting money out of their players. Probably both..

Dravak
08-13-2012, 05:10 AM
Why is it demotivating ?
You know some people will keep spending money in this game .
And others won't , so stop crying about it .

It is the way Pay 2 Win works , there is no balance and you can keep spending forever .
or you play it at your own pace , nothing has changed other then .
The rich has something to compete for , sooner or later there is only the ultra rich , who can afford it.
So as long they want to invest in this game let them .

Nobody is forcing you to compete with them , other then if you want too .
yeah old event of 10 was more balanced , but this is what it is now .
Pay for the item , just I have no need of virtual goods .
Enjoy the game your own pace, and once the profit drops , the other events will come again.
Simple supply and demand .

Bea
08-13-2012, 05:30 AM
I miss not winning the grand prize on the events but more importantly i miss not winning a modifier.

Did this make sense at 4am? lol :p