PDA

View Full Version : I should know this by now. Need attack advice.

marebear
08-12-2012, 06:20 PM
So I'm camping at level 82 trying to raise my poor stats. I'm at 26k/32k. I see most people recommend buying stealth frigates and super hornets but I don't have enough points for those. I've been buying military ambulances for defense. Any recommendations for turning the dial up on my attack side? Also not everything is unlocked either. Sooo... Thanks in advance :)

Ascent
08-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Why do you need to boost your attack? I got along fine with 24K attack strength... you just have to find the right targets and milk them day by day ;)

Selfproclaimed
08-12-2012, 06:27 PM
I bought up demolitions but they die really fast. So now I buy b52s for attack. If you got them unlocked. I was having same problem so I upgraded my unit buildings to get the stealth surveillance drones and b52s.

Miner
08-12-2012, 06:28 PM
I prefer to worry about defense. My source of income is my economy though. what nation are you?

marebear
08-12-2012, 06:29 PM
I've heard 70k is a bare minimum needed for whale waters. I spent most of my money building and upgrading and expanding. Now that I only have a few buildings left I want to raise my stats up so I can feel safe going over vault for upgrades. I was over my 10 million vault for like an hour before I was hit.

Kara T
08-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Infantry units will provide you with the biggest bang for the buck.....the bio warfare and demolitions are good units

siL
08-12-2012, 06:30 PM
First of all, happy bday Mare!!
Now, for your question, i have to ask, what is your ally number?and what is your nation flag?
For the fastest increase in attack, buy b52 bomber, but you have to upgrade your air to lvl 10...
I suggest pick your opponent well, and finish all force degradation, which awards good amount of valor, and start buying SF or SHs...

marebear
08-12-2012, 06:35 PM
I bought up demolitions but they die really fast. So now I buy b52s for attack. If you got them unlocked. I was having same problem so I upgraded my unit buildings to get the stealth surveillance drones and b52s.All the drones are defense units and I haven't unlocked b52s. Have to work on that next. I've been doing the cement factory. At level 8 if I recall.

marebear
08-12-2012, 06:37 PM
USAhttp://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/here2andnow3/b9789149.jpg

Selfproclaimed
08-12-2012, 06:39 PM
I bought up demolitions but they died quick. So my next move was the b52s . Defense is going to be a bigger factor ,that's why I brought up the drones. I just looked at your base. If your looking to increase attack . Buy up bio warfare and demo . But if you do a lot of attacking , be prepared to replace them.

marebear
08-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Infantry units will provide you with the biggest bang for the buck.....the bio warfare and demolitions are good unitsThanks I can afford those, lol. And they are unlocked.

War Priest
08-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Mare! Switch to Russia...

yomoney
08-12-2012, 06:43 PM
best advice look for people who are private class less fighting means weak to no units i still find 1k and 2 in lvl 122 just have to look

marebear
08-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Nooooo. I refuse to pay 50 gold to switch. Plus I need all tapjoy gold for my shiny flancraft carrier. Lol lol lol

yomoney
08-12-2012, 06:45 PM
heres one general kc lvl121 alliance 562 units 132 attk 1482 def 1775 20 free no unit loss attacks here we go

marebear
08-12-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm not worried about farming people. I can still find lower stat players.. I don't want to be farmed in the upper levels. I mean I'm sure I will get hit but I'd like to at least put up a good fight.

Q Raider
08-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Going to assume your bottom level attack unit is around a Sniper for this.

For pure attack stats your most economical units are Commando, Biowarfare and Seal.
Not far behind are Demolitions, Submarine and Eagle Fighter Jet.

However for solid units that can be part of your stats for a while to come I would go for the Amphibious Hovercraft and Cruiser. Both are low loss rates, will boost both defence and attack and the hovercraft also carries a "Strong against" to assist against EAD's.

I am getting up towards 100k boosted stats now and both are still in play in defence and attack. Gradually they will phase out as when one is lost (which isn't very often) I replace them with a higher stat item.

Re Valor units, I can only go on my experience and suggest that you use the SE as a Valor cheap attack stat booster if you need it. Other than that focus more on the SH and SF as they are far more resilient than others. MLRS's aren't too bad, good for boosting defence stats.

marebear
08-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Thanks Q I screen shot your post so I can refer back to it.

scheung1980
08-12-2012, 07:09 PM
I would of thought stocking up with units that have medium casualty would have been a bad idea.

Osprey?That has ok a/d.....

But thats just me.....

marebear
08-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I would of thought stocking up with units that have medium casualty would have been a bad idea.Osprey?That has ok a/d.....But thats just me.....Any advice please? All advice, comments, POVs, welcome

Q Raider
08-12-2012, 07:16 PM
I would of thought stocking up with units that have medium casualty would have been a bad idea.
Osprey?That has ok a/d.....
But thats just me.....

It is a balancing equation, stocking up as a short to medium term approach. Done it often when caught short by game changes or levelling too quickly. Purely on a cost based exercise with your bottom attack unit bringing 5 attack the Osprey costs around 50k per point added to your attack. As a comparison the Amphibious Hovercraft costs 36k per point, has a lower cas rate and also has the "strong against" factor. Overall it provides a better option for a US player at the current position Marebear is in.

Q Raider
08-12-2012, 07:20 PM
D you know your "meatshields" Marebear Attack and Defence if possible?

marebear
08-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Yeah the events ruined my slow and steady. I jumped crazy levels and now I'm paying for it.

Devin
08-12-2012, 07:24 PM
So I'm camping at level 82 trying to raise my poor stats. I'm at 26k/32k. I see most people recommend buying stealth frigates and super hornets but I don't have enough points for those. I've been buying military ambulances for defense. Any recommendations for turning the dial up on my attack side? Also not everything is unlocked either. Sooo... Thanks in advance :)

Personally, after stealth frigates, my next most common unit is the destroyer. I have 120 or something. Very durable, good stats 25/23 ... Will actually be better than military ambulances. That's what I've done.

Kiss Of Death
08-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Going to assume your bottom level attack unit is around a Sniper for this.

For pure attack stats your most economical units are Commando, Biowarfare and Seal.
Not far behind are Demolitions, Submarine and Eagle Fighter Jet.

However for solid units that can be part of your stats for a while to come I would go for the Amphibious Hovercraft and Cruiser. Both are low loss rates, will boost both defence and attack and the hovercraft also carries a "Strong against" to assist against EAD's.

I am getting up towards 100k boosted stats now and both are still in play in defence and attack. Gradually they will phase out as when one is lost (which isn't very often) I replace them with a higher stat item.

Re Valor units, I can only go on my experience and suggest that you use the SE as a Valor cheap attack stat booster if you need it. Other than that focus more on the SH and SF as they are far more resilient than others. MLRS's aren't too bad, good for boosting defence stats.

I also suggest if your low on cash you start with the first good one you get being the Sea Scout, it's only a low level unlock and for only $110,000 and very low death rate you can field 2 per Cruiser and nearly 4 per Amphibious Hovercraft. It is also strong against sea. its stats are 3/17 so it can easily hide behind your attack troops when you raid/fight and not get lost in attacks like the Cruisers and Amphibious Hovers.

I'd stock up on 4 for every ally while always maintaining a min of 4 attack units of any death rate with attack scores 4 and above to hide the Sea Scouts. Then focus on bring up your attack characteristics with the Cruisers and Amphibious Hovers which BTW have 1 less defense than the scouts so will not die when attacked or Raided as long as you have enough Sea Scouts to defend them.

My Two Cents.

marebear
08-12-2012, 07:33 PM
I don't have it unlocked yet. I'm only at 6. Opens at level 8.

overkill 280
08-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Hey Mary, I'd suggest the B-52's, as well as ballistic missile subs. And when you can, if you can't already. Go and get a whack load of Stealth Surveillance Drones for defense.

marebear
08-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks Kod :) sea scouts are high defense though. I have 142 right now. What do you recommend for good attack units?

Devin
08-12-2012, 07:50 PM
If you can't get destroyers, my next recommendation would be hovercrafts or comanche helicopters. The hovercraft is more durable. The comanche is higher stats.

scheung1980
08-12-2012, 07:59 PM
It is a balancing equation, stocking up as a short to medium term approach. Done it often when caught short by game changes or levelling too quickly. Purely on a cost based exercise with your bottom attack unit bringing 5 attack the Osprey costs around 50k per point added to your attack. As a comparison the Amphibious Hovercraft costs 36k per point, has a lower cas rate and also has the "strong against" factor. Overall it provides a better option for a US player at the current position Marebear is in.

true true.....

I think when i was at his position i stocked up on cruisers,spectre and mlrs.
Cruisers and spectures at 200 unit each.....mlrs...only got up to 150ish

Since then i have replaced them with 200 units each of osprey and super hornets.

Now i have 79 spectres and 133 cruisers left.....

Devin
08-12-2012, 08:00 PM
If you can't get destroyers, my next recommendation would be hovercrafts or comanche helicopters. The hovercraft is more durable. The comanche is higher stats.

Actually, I think Q Raider nailed it with the best advice. His recommendation is excellent.

marebear
08-12-2012, 08:01 PM
D you know your "meatshields" Marebear Attack and Defence if possible?No sorry. Fought someone who only had stats of 5k and 6k and lost a GIGN. How dafuk does that happen? I won the fight but lose a unit when my stats are clearly higher? So annoying.

overkill 280
08-12-2012, 08:41 PM
No sorry. Fought someone who only had stats of 5k and 6k and lost a GIGN. How dafuk does that happen? I won the fight but lose a unit when my stats are clearly higher? So annoying.What the most common units you lose mare?

Thunder Child
08-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Happy birthday again, MB!

I'm no expert, MB, but I'm going to add my 2c....

Knowing what I do now and knowing that you still have plenty of time before the whale zone, I would aim to upgrade your unit buildings as high as necessary to get high end units i.e. skip the mid-range stuff as far s possible.

Specifically, aim for the B-52 to cover your attack needs.

For defense, I'd go with mine-launchers, then stealth surveillance drones and finally the aircraft carrier. I'd skip pretty much everything else.

You need the valor units, too, but I'd put whatever you have into super hornets and stealth frigates at a ratio of 2:1, and after that work on the elite ops helicopter. The rest die like flies.

The only other thing to look out for are some of the uber-units which can be found on the higher maps.

Next, manage your allies properly. I personally jump around from 500 allies (for my valor missions) and 499 allies, which allows me to make a lot of money raiding.

Finally, the whale zone is overrated; if anything, it's a boring place to get to.

Hivesy
08-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Hey marebear 26k is great for level 82. If you levelled up constantly you are still a couple of months away from whale territory. In real game terms you could have longer than that, as I got over level 100 I've slowed down naturally as it takes longer to do each level. You could be 6 months away from going over level 130......

Attack wise I use bio warfare troop, fairly good bang for your buck at 17 attack and £125k. Demolitions I find too expensive and too easily killed. I play as Russia and have just started bulking up on Comanche helicopters, at 18 attack and 18 defence they save me buying 2 units, have low casualty rate and cost £450k.

Bronson
08-12-2012, 11:58 PM
Me and you are close in lvl Mare I'm 84. For defence I have stocked up on mine launchers and slowing growing my aircraft carrier fleet but as you are not uk SS drones will also be a good benefit to you.

For attack I'm stocking up on B52s (infantry are to flimsy for me) how do you get beat with those stats I haven't lost since Cope sucker punched me for FFN. Maybe drop a couple of allies so you drop into a different bracket with no full allied players.

Q Raider
08-13-2012, 12:00 AM
No sorry. Fought someone who only had stats of 5k and 6k and lost a GIGN. How dafuk does that happen? I won the fight but lose a unit when my stats are clearly higher? So annoying.

I will see your GIGN and raise you an EAD and a Transport Raider taking on a 5k Defence....Normally pass these guys by as the BP's are so low but was one hit off a degradation mission and figured what the heck. After it was pretty much "what the hell".... :-)

Bronson
08-13-2012, 12:13 AM
Also your IPH blows try and get it up to 400k. If your not comfy going over vault for the nanos or rigs upgrade the buildings that suit your playin time.

marebear
08-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Also your IPH blows try and get it up to 400k. If your not comfy going over vault for the nanos or rigs upgrade the buildings that suit your playin time.I have one nano so far. I staged bosses and sold some rail guns and my space center.

Jp lfs
08-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Unlock those high end units!!

I am almost finished with the two week-long upgrading of my advanced airbase. I got to a point where I couldn't buy stronger units with cash. Eventually those mid-range units won't make your army as you split into 2000 attack and 2000 defense units. I would go for the Mine Launchers and SSD's for defense short term and AC's long term. The B52 is a good attack unit and unlocks fairly quickly. Way faster than the Stealth Bomber, for sure!

Jp lfs
08-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Also, drop 100 allies over the next week, and you should be in a great position for your level. You are a long way from the whale zone, so don't worry about that right now.

Mad
08-13-2012, 11:28 AM
I just wanted to say I have really appreciated everyone's discussion on units. It has been very helpful. I have been trying to decide which unit bases I should be upgrading and this thread has really helped me narrow it down.

Arizona
08-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Any recommendations for turning the dial up on my attack side? Also not everything is unlocked either. Sooo... Thanks in advance :)
Hi Mary Bear, hope you had a good B'day:)
My advice on dialling up your attack? Just looked at your base. You'll need to upgrade one more level on your airfield to get the B52. That's the best value for money unit to boost your attack...

...but my advice if I were playing your account would be forget boosting your attack for now. Concentrate on getting your income per hour up. There's little point unlocking a unit and then taking days to save up to buy ONE. Your IPH is only around 242k. Just upgrade all your money buildings that cost under 10million in upgrades; as you said you can't leave cash lying around (over vault) for more than an hour before being robbed. If you want to save up more than your vault can hold then I'd seriously consider dropping around 250 allies. You might find it easier to hold onto your money if you weren't exposed to the higher tiered players.

MW isn't a race, it's always going to be here. Take some time out and do the boring thing and build your economy. I'm a free player and that's the strategy I use. Get an economy first and buy the goodies later. If I was a gold player, my strategy would be completely different.

EDIT: Yes I know the B52 doesn't take days to save up for, but I'm just using an example of saving up for something that could take days when it would be easier to get the economy up and running first.

marebear
08-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Thank you Az, I did have a great birthday. I'm going to bookmark this thread and refer back to it as I go. Thank you all for your advice :)

Everson25
08-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Hi Marebeer! I hope you had a nice b-day. I'm in the middle of a dilemma: to spend my VP or not. I have 120k valour points and I'm considering to spend all and boost my defence. But then I thought: "what will I buy?". I was thinking about buying the EOH but many players here are saying they die quickly that I gave up about this option. So I might wait a bit longer.

Bronson
08-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Hi Marebeer! I hope you had a nice b-day. I'm in the middle of a dilemma: to spend my VP or not. I have 120k valour points and I'm considering to spend all and boost my defence. But then I thought: "what will I buy?". I was thinking about buying the EOH but many players here are saying they die quickly that I gave up about this option. So I might wait a bit longer.

Leave those well alone Ev. I only bought around 40 of them and have lost 10 already they drop like bird$hit

Thief
08-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Most of this has been said but it really is determined by what you are trying to accomplish by Raising you Offense.

First To Raise your Defense I would cover half to 75% of your Bring to battle Army with Military Ambulances (if you haven't already done so) These are by the far cheapest Unit you can buy for 18 Defense and being US you won't get bonus for 3/17 Sea Scouts and while they have a lower Casualty Rate i don't think one gets attacked enough at your level to Worry about the few loses you will have. (If you had a higher IPH right now i would say skip this part) Then move to SSD's. These are what i just unlocked and i was using 90% MA's for Defense beforehand and will start replacing my MA with these. I would shoot for a min. of 500 SSD's as for the Value they are an excellent buy and Depending on your IPH at this point you can start to Transition to Aircract Carriers (for the end game) or keep buying SSD's until you reach 50-75% of your bring to battle defensive army.

Now for offense. I started to increase my offense for the Boss battles (not neccessarily for attacking) I went all out Infantry starting with Commandos buying 650 and then moving to Demolitions buying 600+ I wouldn't reccomend this however if you want to PVP as when the crate event comes around they die 2-4 apiece each attack. Next i will be buying B-52's to start Phasing out my Commando's. With 500+ of those i will start to move on to the Stealth Bombers for my end game.

Ideally i would just be purchasing my end game units but because those are too expensive at this time i have to stagger my army's growth. Just never purchase 100% of your army in one of the mid range categories as they will be phased out sooner or later and you don't want to have wasted all of that money.

Just my 2 cents

bushobama
08-13-2012, 10:01 PM

I face this same issue when I decided to save for my first Nano. The EOH seems to not be worth the valor savings, so I opted to stack up on MLRS to give my defense a boost. I already having 200+ super hornets and it seems when I go above that number they die quickly. So my recommendation would be to spend away, in the the form of super hornets or stealth frigates. Or MLRS for defense. I haven't experimented with the EADs because my ground unit boost isn't as high as my air or sea. But in short, spend away. Can't reallly go wrong unless you buy a GIGN

John Snow
08-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Me and you are close in lvl Mare I'm 84. For defence I have stocked up on mine launchers and slowing growing my aircraft carrier fleet but as you are not uk SS drones will also be a good benefit to you..

Bronson - how do you protect your carriers? I have to bring a bunch into attacks and I want to head butt my iPad every time I lose one, which seems disproportionately often for a very low casualty unit.

Bronson
08-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Bronson - how do you protect your carriers? I have to bring a bunch into attacks and I want to head butt my iPad every time I lose one, which seems disproportionately often for a very low casualty unit.

Trying to stock up on B52s but still along way from not taking them to battle. I only have just over 20 and lost 1 thru battle. How many are you taking in???

John Snow
08-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Trying to stock up on B52s but still along way from not taking them to battle. I only have just over 20 and lost 1 thru battle. How many are you taking in???

I'm taking in 25 to 30 carriers depending on my B-52 losses. I lose 4 B-52s to every carrier right now and that's after I spent last month upgrading my infirmary to lvl 10. I guess I have to bite the bullet and get more B-52s. It's weird to think of them as meat shields, though.

Bronson
08-14-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm taking in 25 to 30 carriers depending on my B-52 losses. I lose 4 B-52s to every carrier right now and that's after I spent last month upgrading my infirmary to lvl 10. I guess I have to bite the bullet and get more B-52s. It's weird to think of them as meat shields, though.

B52 meatshields has been my plan for a long time, currently have 75 and looking to up this to around the 500-600 mark. I haven't lost any of these in battle yet still the usual valor unit that drops for me but that will change when I get them into the triple figures.

John Snow
08-14-2012, 01:29 PM
I started to do a lot more pvp for the battle points and the unit losses are hurting. I guess there's no getting around B-52s as the meat shield. Thanks.

Procyon
08-14-2012, 02:36 PM
I don't think I'm saying anything different but I was in the same position for different reasons. I started wrong and leveled too quickly. I'm almost exactly half your level, but spent months building my defense and IPH. Once I bought and leveled up the composite factory and dropped my allies to an embarassing level my def was finally in a good spot but my attack was woefully low.

I know you don't want to spend gold but switching to Russia made a huge difference for me, along with my boost buildings. In my spot I leveled my airfield and adv airbase to the max but before that I bought what Q and others mentioned. Before and after I switched to Russia I loaded up on the Amph Hovercraft. It's cheap and with 16/16 and strong against you can get some attack and still help your D. Also bought Biowarfare troops but they drop like flies. With 17 attack and being cheap it's still a good roll of the dice and they help raise the attack quickly for less money. I don't think I've heard anyone mention the Rapid Fire Vehicle. 20/18 and a strong against isn't bad as you wait for some of your buildings to level up.

I still need to build my attack but since I've leveled up the airbases it's been all B52s, Apaches and Steath bombers. I'll probably paint myself in a corner by not diversifying yet, but still have some time.

Last thing, I think you mentioned you didn't want to spend valor, which I am saving it up too, but the occasional Strike Eagle and Stealth Frigate can help. I might be done with the Super Hornets. So depressing to lose them in raids.

Chris1324
10-17-2012, 01:22 PM
stealth surveillance drones and b52s huh. I fly the U.K flag.... so what is a good Money Sea Unit i should stock up on ? And as a U.K flag holder what units besides Sea should i gather? TY :)

Dr. Dengus
10-17-2012, 01:27 PM
stealth surveillance drones and b52s huh. I fly the U.K flag.... so what is a good Money Sea Unit i should stock up on ? And as a U.K flag holder what units besides Sea should i gather? TY :)

You answered the 2nd question yourself. But stock up on Sea Scouts and/or Mine Launchers to coincide w/ the UK flag for defense. And for attack, Stealth Frigates.

Jhenry02
10-18-2012, 04:49 PM
70k defense for whale territory, im at 50k and never get hit, but im a baby whale.

Chris1324
10-19-2012, 12:15 AM
One thing been on my mind past couple days, whats the whole whale thing mean?

DrMunkey
06-13-2013, 10:30 AM
I'm USA, I'm level 40 with 18k Atk and 20k def, anyone have suggestions what might be helpful to me in terms of getting stronger?