PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrr

Ranger4Life
08-12-2012, 04:33 PM
I was collecting my buildings for another attack on boss# 29 when I accidentally hit a free space on my base. Because I was already expanding something, it popped up the window asking if I wanted to speed it up. AND because of the stupid delay that is caused when you touch on an empty space, I had already touched another building that just so happened to be right where the button is to instantly complete the aformentioned land expansion costing me 429 gold!

Sent a ticket into support hoping for a refund. I'm not going to use that space, I already have two open spaces, and I'm not going to start expanding so I hope this won't be a big issue.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Jp lfs
08-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Yes, more than once. And they will refund the gold, even though it is technically your fault. It may take a couple days, though.

Fun
08-12-2012, 04:48 PM
It happened to me when one had only five mins left so it wasn't that much of a loss but would be painful if i was you

joaquim
08-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Yes but I ended up buying energy "refills" in CC. My gold wasn't refunded. :(

Ranger4Life
08-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Yes, more than once. And they will refund the gold, even though it is technically your fault. It may take a couple days, though.

I've almost done it several times, and have done it a few times when it was less than 20 gold. This time almost threw my phone off my second story balcony.

I'm going to just sit and hope they get to it as soon as they can. Think happy thoughts... Think happy thoughts...

Buggs1a
08-12-2012, 04:56 PM

Agreed.
I have done it to and was refunded the gold.

Ryans67
08-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Notice it always seems to be the expansion? It lags so much on expansion compared to building or upgrading. And expansion speed up costs are 10 gold per hour, which makes it that much worse.

They have refunded me the two times it has happened, both times I've pleaded for a confirmation button prior to speeding up, kinda like when you sell a building. I doubt it's a concern to them, but I bet a lot of people don't know to ask support for a refund, instead just sucking up the loss.

Wambo
08-12-2012, 07:20 PM
I have accidentally hit the expansion "now" button, the building "now" button, and even the refill "now" buttons various times. As long as you don't use what ever "now" did you should be fine. It's always good to remind them that a "are you sure button" would be an advantage option if they could programme it into the game after pressing the "now" button. It really does make sense but they never listened. Makes me feel that its ironically funny that their name is GREEd...

Giedrybe
08-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Ranger, in similar situation I was refunded. But I was not using that space till refund just for being not accused of using the benefit. So I am 99% sure everything will be ok.

Ranger4Life
08-13-2012, 03:53 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm going to just sit back and play the waiting game until I hear something from support.

bushobama
08-13-2012, 04:07 AM
I sold a level 2 oil refinery accidentaly and they replaced it within a couple of days. +1 for support.

MadManDK
08-13-2012, 04:17 AM
Did the same thing and have a ticket in for 80 gold.

Like others I have also proposed they add another confirmation on use of gold, but no luck there. Seems like the only option is not to have any gold around ;-)

Bronson
08-13-2012, 04:53 AM
Lots of fat fingered losses going on here, anyone besides Aidan bought a grunt yet?

Ranger4Life
08-13-2012, 02:29 PM
They refunded me my gold. Thanks support!

albeezy
08-13-2012, 02:41 PM
that was quick!

Ranger4Life
08-13-2012, 03:51 PM
that was quick!

I know. I was worried it was going to take forever, because of the reports from the CA meet up stating that "huge" changes were coming.

Vballmadam
08-14-2012, 12:15 AM
I know. I was worried it was going to take forever, because of the reports from the CA meet up stating that "huge" changes were coming.

I think he was referring to events Ranger.

MadManDK
08-14-2012, 12:19 AM
Just got mine last evening (CET). Support always seem to come through on these quickly. +1 for support on this

Ranger4Life
08-14-2012, 06:03 PM
I think he was referring to events Ranger.

I meant that I was worried that support would be busy working on those and might take longer than usual.