PDA

View Full Version : Happy timing

azy
08-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Here I was waiting for a building upgrade to finish in order to pick the next one. I was planning to upgrade my comp factory for added defense: it's relatively cheap, provides a great bang for the buck, and should provide the shielding necessary for expensive upgrades. During the wait period I go through my rival list looking for uncollected buildings. Lo and behold I manage to collect about $10M before I run out of stamina and I get the totally unexpected opportunity to kick off a $20M+ upgrade! No need to sell railguns, unvaulted cash for maybe 10 min, didn't even consider synchronizing building collection or boss termination. Don't you love it when you fall ass backward in it? Did that ever happen to you?

P.S. are those game-related topics still apropos? I realize it's not falling in the most popular categories: good-byes, MW sucks, what's that P... group?

Ranger4Life
08-12-2012, 01:16 PM
I had the same thing happen to me today. I found some guy with $570mil so I was able to get $6mil from him. Then I raided his entire base for another 2mil. Was able to get my second Nano without any planning.

MadManDK
08-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Hi azy, good thread, finally some game talk ;-)

After the last Boss event was done for me, I just focused on using my stamina again and suddenly ended up with 19 mill., so I started building my first Nano, which I actually didn't think I would get build for a long time (due to all the events). But the really god part is that one hour before the first one was done, I had reached 10 mill. and stumbled over 2 accounts with nice funds, so I was suddenly up to 19 mill. again and one hour later started my second Nano.

azy
08-12-2012, 02:42 PM
I had the same thing happen to me today. I found some guy with $570mil so I was able to get $6mil from him. Then I raided his entire base for another 2mil. Was able to get my second Nano without any planning.

Ranger - in/around what level/allies would this golden goose be? Unless he/she blows all that on units, that nest egg will be there for a little while. And I'm sure you don't mind sharing :)

Ascent
08-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Mine was in reverse.... I had a 30M upgrade coming up so I sold all the buildings and realized I screwed up the math by 4 Million.... I had to find it somewhere quick because my defense was like 36K in the whale zone :D

Luckily, I managed to milk the railgun with PVE for a million, a few 24/48h buildings produced cash within a few minutes and I was able to raid the remaining few hundred thousand with my last bullets :)

it was an adrenaline rush... I never ever had more than 10M stored in the vault, I always invested in defense buildings to avoid the stress :D

azy
08-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Mine was in reverse.... I had a 30M upgrade coming up so I sold all the buildings and realized I screwed up the math by 4 Million.... I had to find it somewhere quick because my defense was like 36K in the whale zone :D

Phew, I'd hate to be $16M over vault with no plan to bridge the gap. Adrenaline rush indeed.

el_gringo
08-13-2012, 04:59 AM
Phew, I'd hate to be $16M over vault with no plan to bridge the gap. Adrenaline rush indeed.

I spent about 4 days hanging round with 8 million over at level 58/59 waiting to lvl up to 60 so I could build a nano, that was pretty crazy.