PDA

View Full Version : Things we learned From Chef Pepe (aka CCMark)

Mcdoc
08-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Here are some things we learned at the SoCal Meet-up in a conversation with CCMark:Your Cash available to "Buy" is a sliding scale based on your IPH.

So at $332,521 IPH I can purchase 32 million for $99.

More nuggets to come

War Priest
08-11-2012, 01:09 PM
We already knew that. Get some good info. :)

Copenhagen
08-11-2012, 01:39 PM
In PVP each time you attack there is an independent "spin of the wheel" multiplier for both the attacking player and the defending player that is applied to your stats which affect your chances of winning or loosing a battle.

Selfproclaimed
08-11-2012, 01:46 PM
We knew that too, Ask him... Are children small or just far away?

War Priest
08-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Ask him about skill points!

JMC
08-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Skill points basically effect that multiplier whenever you attack. Doubt we'll get any numbers and therefor no new info.

mickymacirl
08-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Ask him if Funzio/Gree are considering encrypting their game code? And how many developers do Funzio/Gree have on teams that work on MW?

Copenhagen
08-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Ask him about skill points!

Skill points are a fixed multiplier based upon level which is applied to the number of skill points and stats.

Bronson
08-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Ask CCMark why Funzio named Crime City after him.

War Priest
08-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Ask him why his avatar looks like Vincent D'onofrio. Haha

joaquim
08-11-2012, 02:39 PM

Because CC is the best game of the 3 GREE games.

War Priest
08-11-2012, 02:43 PM

Who lied to you?

joaquim
08-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Who lied to you?

Who lied to you?

Bronson
08-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Snap!!!!!!!!

Copenhagen
08-11-2012, 02:45 PM

Very long, long, drawn out story, but it is his alter ego.

War Priest
08-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Who lied to you?

My guess is Gin or Flan told you CC was the best. Better check your forum before dissing. :D

Also, CC sucks because you need tons of gold to win events, the money sounds sound retarded, and it's "old fashoned" like.

Boom
08-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Face it u need tons of gold to win in MW KA AND CC..

War Priest
08-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Face it u need tons of gold to win in MW KA AND CC..

That's not the point. Free players can win events in MW, no free player can win in the new KA and CC events.

SeqWins
08-11-2012, 03:07 PM
I agghhhhhh we lose Flan we gain Boom no were trying to kick Gin out and Joaquim is trying to take his place wtf man?

Boom
08-11-2012, 03:12 PM
You didn't gain me. CC forums is just not interesting RIGHT NOW.

Boom
08-11-2012, 03:13 PM
That's not the point. Free players can win events in MW, no free player can win in the new KA and CC events.I blame Gree for that!

joaquim
08-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Apparantely Seq doesn't realize that I've been here for a while now since I reinstalled MW.

Oh yea and WP, we're getting the boss event in CC so finally some good events. :D

War Priest
08-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Apparantely Seq doesn't realize that I've been here for a while now since I reinstalled MW.

Oh yea and WP, we're getting the boss event in CC so finally some good events. :D

Yeah, I know.

Boom
08-11-2012, 03:17 PM

Oh yea and WP, we're getting the boss event in CC so finally some good events. :DI've been here for a while too..

SeqWins
08-11-2012, 03:18 PM

So are you saying you've been an idiot even before Gin? C'mon man please don't become a special child of the forums

joaquim
08-11-2012, 03:19 PM
What do you mean idiot? Am I an idiot because I'm new to the MW forum?

SeqWins
08-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Nevermind Joaquim..............back to the thread can you guys ask him what happened to the box events? Is something big brewing up since we had a break this week?

CAPT.GIN
08-11-2012, 03:24 PM
What do you mean idiot? Am I an idiot because I'm new to the MW forum?

That's why nobody likes him he thinks it's cool to make fun of ppl but when someone talks about him he gets all angry. One min he'll be all nice then the next talking sh!+,.. Can you say fake and 2 faced!!!

Boom
08-11-2012, 03:27 PM
That's why nobody likes him he thinks it's cool to make fun of ppl but when someone talks about him he gets all angry. One min he'll be all nice then the next talking sh!+,.. Can you say fake and 2 faced!!!He may not like me but we don't know each other in real life. I can't judge him. He could be a really nice and cool guy in real life. Who knows.

Copenhagen
08-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Ask him if Funzio/Gree are considering encrypting their game code? And how many developers do Funzio/Gree have on teams that work on MW?

Appx 10 and working hard to block the hacks.

CAPT.GIN
08-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Anyways.... Hey ask cc mark when will the next boss event have a air unit as the top prize!!!

Boom
08-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Hey cope I know u don't play CC but can u ask him if there's gonna be an update soon for CC? Thanks

Corsair
08-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Ask him what the heck it takes to get banned in here, because man there are some people ripe for it (two of them right above me).

What I'd really like is some insight on the boss health though. And what ever happened to all the changes he talked about for the forum a couple of months ago?

War Priest
08-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Also, ask about the Frequent Flyer Program. Was it scrapped or in progress?

Boom
08-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Yup I deserve to be banned...

Fl@sh
08-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Ask him why it takes so much to do this at the higher levels

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii520/natch82/922dbd72.jpg

Agent Orange
08-11-2012, 04:29 PM

Really? It was the first game I've ever deleted within 5 minutes of play.

SGT Brody
08-11-2012, 04:30 PM
I would like to know how the numbers are determined for the boss events and why lower level players do not have to use nearly as much gold to beat the boss as the higher level players. I think that any event that's determining factor is how much gold you have to spend and its different across the board is a bit biased.

Crazy Canuck
08-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Ask him why on the KA boss event we have to get to 40 instead of 30?

And why on boss events it say chance of uncommons/rares goes up as you get further yet that doesn't seem to happen?

Devin
08-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Skill points are a fixed multiplier based upon level which is applied to the number of skill points and stats.

I don't understand what you mean by this. Perhaps ask for an example? Use a napkin and manually write down the calc's so those of us good at math can review :)

Agent Orange
08-11-2012, 04:36 PM
If you guys are still coherent could you find out why the Android version of MW omits the current gold sale and boss event?

Copenhagen
08-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Ask him what the heck it takes to get banned in here, because man there are some people ripe for it (two of them right above me).

What I'd really like is some insight on the boss health though. And what ever happened to all the changes he talked about for the forum a couple of months ago?

Those guys are considered harmless and not in breach of the foum rules. Annoying isn't a crime.

Boss health is relative to level group (not ally count) and your indivicdual stats, only.

"Big changes" are in the works. "Stay tuned" is all we got.

Copenhagen
08-11-2012, 04:51 PM
We are not suposed to talk about it, but we all received special Chef Pepe boost units. Plan your own event and you might get the perks!

War Priest
08-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Those guys are considered harmless and not in breach of the foum rules. Annoying isn't a crime.

Boss health is relative to level group (not ally count) and your indivicdual stats, only.

"Big changes" are in the works. "Stay tuned" is all we got.

CCM better check again. Gin is making racist comments and calling people pieces of sh*t. They were reported so I am sure he will see.

War Priest
08-11-2012, 04:55 PM
We are not suposed to talk about it, but we all received special Chef Pepe boost units. Plan your own event and you might get the perks!

What? You all got special units for going. =(

Jhoemel
08-11-2012, 04:58 PM

Are u serious man? You got units for going?

SeqWins
08-11-2012, 05:00 PM

That's awesome for you guys, CCM seems like a chill dude in person not because of this gesture but because of how he looked in the pictures you shared. Like
Hugging Dreno smiling and the group pics that's awesome
Of you guys makes everybody that didn't go jealous.

War Priest
08-11-2012, 05:02 PM
I am going to the next one. Don't care where at but going.

Crime City Mark
08-11-2012, 05:02 PM
It was a lot of fun, I'll make sure the next event is a big one. Maybe at some big convention in October?

War Priest
08-11-2012, 05:04 PM
It was a lot of fun, I'll make sure the next event is a big one. Maybe at some big convention in October?

Sounds good. I for sure will be going next one.

Mark, as you may know, a lot of us like the forum more than the actual game. Haha

Blackstone
08-11-2012, 05:06 PM

Sounds great. I'm in. Maybe in Denver?

mickymacirl
08-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Appx 10 and working hard to block the hacks.

Thanks Cope!

joaquim
08-11-2012, 05:10 PM

Cool. You're coming to Jacksonville, Florida.

Poopenshire
08-11-2012, 05:10 PM
This was amazing. Great idea. More for sure. Houston next.

mickymacirl
08-11-2012, 05:11 PM

Wicked, that was nice of them!

War Priest
08-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Sounds great. I'm in. Maybe in Denver?

Cool. You're coming to Jacksonville, Florida.

Haha, this is funny. If CCM is going to host it at a convention center officially this time, it will most likely be SF I bet.

Crazy Canuck
08-11-2012, 05:16 PM
You can come to Canada EH

SeqWins
08-11-2012, 05:16 PM

I'll be in Missouri in October , if this convention happens to b in St Loius you can bet I'll be there.

Ryans67
08-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Haha, this is funny. If CCM is going to host it at a convention center officially this time, it will most likely be SF I bet.

SF sounds good.... Only an hour drive for me. ;) make sure it's scheduled around a niners game so it's worth the trip for the out of towners.

Lordsloss
08-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Come down to New Orleans. Second biggest convention center and Bourbon is right down the road :)

War Priest
08-11-2012, 06:00 PM
I doubt they are going to travel since their base is in California. So you guys are probably going to be looking at getting an airline ticket.

Lordsloss
08-11-2012, 06:04 PM
I doubt they are going to travel since their base is in California. So you guys are probably going to be looking at getting an airline ticket.I've always wanted a reason to go to California, so I'd be willing too if my schedule permits.

War Priest
08-11-2012, 06:06 PM
I've always wanted a reason to go to California, so I'd be willing too if my schedule permits.

I know I will be going. Hope everybody that was there this time goes again.

SeqWins
08-11-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm got orders for Pendleton after my deployment so here in a year and some I'll be able to make it to the WC meetings.

Michael0218
08-11-2012, 06:10 PM
I'll be in Missouri in October , if this convention happens to b in St Loius you can bet I'll be there.

+1 since I Live in St. Louis

albeezy
08-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Just made some steaks and wine and it was yummy. Thinking of all the fun you guys are having! Now it's cigar time in honor of y'all

Mcdoc
08-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Back on topic :)

The word we got on the Skill points is that they are times a specific un-named multiplier that gets added to all of your final boosted stats - then there is the "random" multiplier added or subtracted after ALL that.

For argument's sake: Say your boosted Attack is 50k going up against someone with a boosted defense of 50k.

The attacker has say 90 to attack skill points and lets say the defender has a defense skill point accumulation of 110.

For our example - lets assume the multiplier is 500 - so ADD 45,000 to the attacker and 55,000 to the defender - so NOW the battle stats are 95k attack against 105k Defense

BUT WAIT: Now there is this TOTALLY RANDOM percent wheel that spins independently for each player - so for our example - lets say the attacker gets a -10% and the defender gets a +25%

So for the first battle - the end result is 85,500 attack against 125,125 defense and the defender WINS!

On the second battle - the RANDOM spin yields a + 30% to the attacker and a -20% to the defender for a final battle result of 123,500 and the defender ends up with 84,000 and this time the attacker wins.

THIS is the way i comprehended what Mark told us and my math is off the top of my head so forgive me if I'm off a little - but you get the point that the Skill points DO matter - but there is this "random" multiplier with each and every attack independently for each player that can totally change the end result.

Wheww - now chew on that for a minute and lets see some 5000 character analysis :)

Warfiend
08-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Good stuff, thanks McDoc.

Corsair
08-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Wow...that is good to know. Explains why you can be rolling along on someone and all of a sudden lose one. And the multiplier is based on level? That is interesting, especially if you are higher up. Explains why the rivals list is usually grouped by level, eh?

Lt. Falcon
08-11-2012, 07:12 PM

Houston sounds like a great place. After the convention, I can go check out the NASA Space museum. My vote is H-Town.

spectra
08-11-2012, 07:22 PM
We already knew that. Get some good info. :)

I did not WP... ;). that is new for me.. lol

spectra
08-11-2012, 07:26 PM

I agree with Joaquim, CC is the best game Funzio has.......

right behind. MW and KA........BWAHahahahahahahahaha

Dirty Doug
08-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Some good info on the skill points, glad I've been loading them up from the beginning!

Also, as for the October get together CCM was talking about, he's mentioned in the past that he was coming to New York in Oct for Comic Con in past threads and was hoping to have a meet up there. So I'm pretty sure that's what he was just referring to.

Mcdoc
08-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Another Nugget from Chef Pepe:

You can collect all of your winnings from PvE or PvP simply by shacking your device - Shake your Groove Thang!!!!

I usually just go back to my base - but this is good to know :)

Just wish that worked to collect from my $$$ buildings :)

JMC
08-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Another Nugget from Chef Pepe:

You can collect all of your winnings from PvE or PvP simply by shacking your device - Shake your Groove Thang!!!!

I usually just go back to my base - but this is good to know :)

Just wish that worked to collect from my $$$ buildings :)

Lol, people have already said that on the forums multiple times as well.

Ryans67
08-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Not to mention its rather odd looking when your shaking your iPad at work...lol.

azy
08-12-2012, 04:07 AM
Ah, I actually didn't know about the "shake n'collect". Well, that changes everything...hmm, not.

Big John
08-12-2012, 04:11 AM
Ah, I actually didn't know about the "shake n'collect". Well, that changes everything...hmm, not.

I shake my device when I get sorries.

Hello Kitty
08-13-2012, 06:13 PM

The word we got on the Skill points is that they are times a specific un-named multiplier that gets added to all of your final boosted stats - then there is the "random" multiplier added or subtracted after ALL that.

For argument's sake: Say your boosted Attack is 50k going up against someone with a boosted defense of 50k.

The attacker has say 90 to attack skill points and lets say the defender has a defense skill point accumulation of 110.

For our example - lets assume the multiplier is 500 - so ADD 45,000 to the attacker and 55,000 to the defender - so NOW the battle stats are 95k attack against 105k Defense

BUT WAIT: Now there is this TOTALLY RANDOM percent wheel that spins independently for each player - so for our example - lets say the attacker gets a -10% and the defender gets a +25%

So for the first battle - the end result is 85,500 attack against 125,125 defense and the defender WINS!

On the second battle - the RANDOM spin yields a + 30% to the attacker and a -20% to the defender for a final battle result of 123,500 and the defender ends up with 84,000 and this time the attacker wins.

THIS is the way i comprehended what Mark told us and my math is off the top of my head so forgive me if I'm off a little - but you get the point that the Skill points DO matter - but there is this "random" multiplier with each and every attack independently for each player that can totally change the end result.

Wheww - now chew on that for a minute and lets see some 5000 character analysis :)McDoc - I missed this part of the discussion. Thanks for posting!

CCM - Did McDoc get his example correct?

Does the same calculations apply to both raiding buildings and attacking rivals?
For SKILL POINT multiplier - is it the same amount for both attacker and defender? i.e. if the multiplier is 500, is it for 500 for both parties?
For RANDOM FACTOR - Is there a max spread between the attacker's and rival's multiplier? i.e. 50% spread (one player gets +30%, the other player gets no less than -20%)
For RANDOM FACTOR - Is there a max limit on multipliers? i.e. either player gets no more than +/- x%
RANDOM factor completely changes strategy - so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Selfproclaimed
08-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Kitty, could you help me clear something up. Teach me so to speak. I know the difference between I.e and e.g. What I'm having problems with, is understanding when it's best to use either I.e or e.g. I read what your wrote and couldn't figure out if its something that required I.e and not e.g.

Copenhagen
08-13-2012, 06:36 PM
i.e. - such as; for example
e.g. - therefore; conclusion

Selfproclaimed
08-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Well. I know I.e is - that is and e.g is for example.

Devin
08-13-2012, 06:38 PM
McDoc - I missed this part of the discussion. Thanks for posting!

Does the same calculations apply to both raiding buildings and attacking rivals?
For SKILL POINT multiplier - is it the same amount for both attacker and defender? i.e. if the multiplier is 500, is it for 500 for both parties?
For RANDOM FACTOR - Is there a max spread between the attacker's and rival's multiplier? i.e. 50% spread (one player gets +30%, the other player gets no less than -20%)
For RANDOM FACTOR - Is there a max limit on multipliers? i.e. either player gets no more than +/- x%
RANDOM factor completely changes strategy - so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

It's probably worthwhile asking how big the skill point multiplier is, or how that is calculated. The bigger the multiplier, the more impact skill points have.

Giedrybe
08-14-2012, 05:46 AM
I shake my device when I get sorries.

Thanks for making me laugh :)

Watash
08-14-2012, 06:10 AM

If it is in October, have it in Kerrvile Texas. I will be there for a motorcycle rally.

Actually, New York city would be awesome...one of my favorite cities.

Ascent
08-14-2012, 06:40 AM
i.e. - such as; for example
e.g. - therefore; conclusion

i.e. = id est = "that is" or "in other words"

e.g. = exempli gratia = "for example" or also can be "including" (non exhaustive)

ergo = "therefore"

et al. = et alibi = "and elsewhere"

etc. = et cetera = "and the rest" or nowdays "and so on" or "and more"

ex Deo :)

Maverick50727
08-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Really? It was the first game I've ever deleted within 5 minutes of play.
LMAO, I left it on mine after I installed to get 9 free tapjoy gold. I can't say one way or the other as I don't play CC or KA enough to make a good opinion. Haven't launched KA since it was installed to get my MW unit at L3. I started to launch CC daily to let my daughter enjoy the daily scratch off and collect money. I think CC is only L6-7, not playing it. Camping you might say if I ever decide to actually play.

Hello Kitty
08-14-2012, 06:42 PM
CCM - Any chance that you could address some of the questions? Appreciate any feedback! Thanks, HK.

p.s. Sorry about any confusion we may have caused with the made up "special" gift for attending the SoCal event. We were just playing around - didn't think peeps would take it so seriously since it was such a ridiculous prize.

Wheww - now chew on that for a minute and lets see some 5000 character analysis :)

McDoc - I missed this part of the discussion. Thanks for posting!

It's probably worthwhile asking how big the skill point multiplier is, or how that is calculated. The bigger the multiplier, the more impact skill points have.

Miner
08-14-2012, 07:40 PM
i.e. = id est = "that is" or "in other words"

e.g. = exempli gratia = "for example" or also can be "including" (non exhaustive)

ergo = "therefore"

et al. = et alibi = "and elsewhere"

etc. = et cetera = "and the rest" or nowdays "and so on" or "and more"

ex Deo :)

Yeah. What he said folks.

Crime City Mark
08-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Yes, skill points apply to attacking and raiding.
I'm not going to go into the modifier to skill point investments.
I'm not going to discuss the random element.

I've mentioned the random element in combat many times in the past. It is a %+/- applied to your stats after everything else has been calculated. It's not a huge percent, but at higher stat values even a small percent can have a huge difference.

Led
08-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Yes, skill points apply to attacking and raiding.

I've mentioned the random element in combat many times in the past. It is a %+/- applied to your stats after everything else has been calculated. It's not a huge percent, but at higher stat values even a small percent can have a huge difference.

Are skill points more relevant at higher or lower levels?

Dreno33
08-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Are skill points more relevant at higher or lower levels?

considering the multiplier increases a certain amount each level to compensate the diversity of players (i assume) it may not matter.

John Snow
08-14-2012, 11:06 PM
p.s. Sorry about any confusion we may have caused with the made up "special" gift for attending the SoCal event. We were just playing around - didn't think peeps would take it so seriously since it was such a ridiculous prize.

So you're saying that everyone got a Paper Airplane 0/0? It was more fun to believe that you really did get some cool unit.

And I vote for SF for the next gathering.

Mcdoc
08-15-2012, 04:17 AM

I'm pretty sure the Modifier is VERY relevant.

Consider this - if you had 100 points to your attack skills and the modifier was only 10 - then that's ONLY a 1000 point boost to your attack. That's one upgrade on a boost building and when you are up in the 70k to 150k range - 1000 attack points is insiginificant

If the modifier was 100 - then the average person with 100 skill points to attack or defense would only see a change of 10,000 in total stats - better - but still not enough to totally swing the battle with other boosts already in effect.

BUT. . . . If the multiplier was 500 - then someone with 100 skill points would actually add 50,000 to their attack which NOW would be a significant change in the outcome of a battle - which many people have claimed that skill points are a game changer.

I have people with stats that are over me by 30k who can't beat me - so I believe the multiplier is much more significant than most account for. I'm betting somewhere between 100 & 250 or it could be a percent that is equivalent to that range.

I made a very long post earlier in this thread that went into great detail as it was explaimned to us in person that should paint a very clear picture on ow this process works at the very end of all other calculations.

Mcdoc
08-15-2012, 04:31 AM
Chef Pepe also hinted to us that there are some changes coming to the forum that will allow us a chance to have a little more ability to police the posts. Kinda sounded like the ability to vote on a thread would eventually have a little more weight than just a star rating.

Reminds me of a solution that George Carlin once discussed about Idiot Divers on the road. He said that we should all be issued suction cup bow & arrows from the DMV so if some Driver did a dumba$$ move - we could shoot a suction cup arrow at their car. Then if the police drove by and saw you had 5 arrow on your door - they would automatically pull you over and give you a ticket for driving like an idiot.

Mcdoc
09-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Here are some things we learned at the SoCal Meet-up in a conversation with CCMark:Your Cash available to "Buy" is a sliding scale based on your IPH.So at $332,521 IPH I can purchase 32 million for $99. More nuggets to comeCCM stated the Stockpile of Cash purchase was basically a purchase of time. I just did the math - for me at 368k IPH I can purchase just over 45 million in Cash - which is roughly 120 hours of income if I collected every hour.

Copenhagen
09-03-2012, 09:23 PM
CCM stated the Stockpile of Cash purchase was basically a purchase of time. I just did the math - for me at 368k IPH I can purchase just over 45 million in Cash - which is roughly 120 hours of income if I collected every hour.

I'm coming up with the same calc for a vault of 120 hours.

IPH: 1,163,679

Stockpile of cash: 22,342,000
Hours of income: 19

Vault of cash: 139,643,000
Hours of income: 120

waterdog87
01-30-2013, 10:08 PM
ask him why his avatar looks like vincent d'onofrio. Haha

alot of good info, i'm trying to get my ten reply s in so i can start a new thread