PDA

View Full Version : WiFi and Event or Farming Success

Burn
08-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Shot in the dark, just throwing it out there for discussion, anyone seen any correlation between WiFi or Phone signal strength, and event box opens or even farming success?

Hunch, i have good signal strength indoors at home, but outside in garden, signal is weak, and I seem to suffer from terrible luck with box opens and farming when I'm outside. Think I've seen the pattern enough times to think it might be more than a coincidence, but not enough to be certain (how can you ever be truly certain when it is random?).

Anyone else seen a similar trend?

TRAZ
08-11-2012, 09:15 AM
nah, I have just as many failed opens, no matter the signal strength...lol. Only ones that seem to work are gold opens.

Babytway
08-11-2012, 09:33 AM
my bedroom gets a weak wifi signal and almost always gets fails during the night. 90% fail rate

Burn
08-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Headline: Tway Suffering from Massive Failure Rate in Bedroom

Hey, you said it, I'm just reporting the news :)

mnju_03
08-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Headline: Tway Suffering from Massive Failure Rate in Bedroom

Hey, you said it, I'm just reporting the news :)

Always knew it.

Vile Lynn
08-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Someone, maybe it was Kitty (?), posted a while ago to change wi-fi locations for a better successful open rate. Idk if it works or helps or not. Maybe she wrote about signal strength in her post, too.

I take whatever opens or a sorry with the same enthusiam, using the same wi-fi signal in the same place day in, day out... might be why I don't win much, heh.

mxz
08-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Doesn't make sense from an engineering/software perspective. It would be impractical to make that a factor.

Burn
08-11-2012, 11:31 AM
How about if signal drops out or packet times out, and u get fail/better luck next time as the default?

I don't like ur avatar, it is kinda intimidating and scarey - probably a good thing for a soldier I'll grant you :)

jahfive
08-11-2012, 12:13 PM
How about if signal drops out or packet times out, and u get fail/better luck next time as the default?

I don't like ur avatar, it is kinda intimidating and scarey - probably a good thing for a soldier I'll grant you :)

i found gprs location to have an affect, holding phone to left with right hand thumb on home button and facing the phone north around 354/356 degrees, it had big effect with drop rates wih farming weapons and good success rate in getting whatever it was in events

Burn
08-11-2012, 12:38 PM
U smoking to much ganj dready :D

dudeman
08-11-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm always within 10-20 feet of a wifi connection when I open event boxes. Massive fail rates regardless of having a full signal.

jahfive
08-11-2012, 01:14 PM
U smoking to much ganj dready :D

hhahahahah yep i love it! but honestly burn give it a go g

PawnXIIX
08-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Most of the boxes I open are right at my computer, so the wireless router is about 2 feet from my ipod and I notice very few changes in terms of correlation of wifi strength.

Meaning mostly fails :)

Joeycool
08-11-2012, 02:53 PM
You know what... I get much better success rates with crates and events when I'm on 3G.
But I think That's just coincidence.

MPoon
08-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Absolutely no difference... If you have a very weak signal, it is possible that the request does not get to the server & you have to re-start to retry.

TonySpaghetti
08-12-2012, 03:54 PM
I find that I have a good success rate if I attempt it while scratching my left nut.

jahfive
08-12-2012, 04:05 PM
I find that I have a good success rate if I attempt it while scratching my left nut.

do your fingers smell afterwards?

Chairman Maw
08-12-2012, 05:36 PM
You know what... I get much better success rates with crates and events when I'm on 3G.
But I think That's just coincidence.

Maybe we should organise a"who can get the biggest number of 'sorry' failures" comp or similar?

Present the facts to Gree(d) then sit back and bask in our eternal glory.

Just a thought, like.

KemoKidd
08-13-2012, 11:15 AM
I feel like I get more attention from girls when I am in a strip club than when I am outside of one.

thebengerman
08-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Hey i am only level 67. Are there any good jobs to farm at my level? I am getting tired of completing each map and wanted to get some good items to beef up my stats.

Thanks in advance

Joeycool
08-13-2012, 11:48 AM
I feel like I get more attention from girls when I am in a strip club than when I am outside of one.

Who is this guy with his stupid dog avatar... talking rubbish! :cool: