PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for modern war

Fazhang
08-10-2012, 08:36 PM
I have a quick suggestion. We all know there are gold armies out there summing up to more than 150k attack. So my suggestion is: why don't we have stronger cash units? Even if you have max allies and have like 2000 aircrafts carriers, your attack will barely reach 100k. And even with boosts, your attacks will not even reach 150k. Wouldn't it be reasonable for the developers to make units stronger? I know what you're thinking: "what's the point of gold units then?" well make the cash units expensive enough to where it's hard to buy a lot of them. 10 a unit or even 20 mil. But limiting free players attack, kinda makes this game pointless, knowing gold users are always going to be stronger than you. Anyways, it's just a suggestion. What do you guys think? Should we have units with stronger stats?

Selfproclaimed
08-10-2012, 08:40 PM
They don't want that because if they Did. High gold spenders will feel like there value dropped.high good senders don't want that equal chance,that's why they spend so much.

dthfrmabv
08-10-2012, 09:03 PM
They don't want that because if they Did. High gold spenders will feel like there value dropped.high good senders don't want that equal chance,that's why they spend so much.

good answer - that is the nature of the business. Non-gold spenders are like feeder fish for the gold players. No matter how big the feeder fish can grow it has somewhat minimal chance and will still be swallowed by these big gold players. Average gold players are like the Oscar fish has better chance of survival and gives gold spenders a little more to toy with. IMO.

Corsair
08-10-2012, 09:14 PM
There are loot drops on the top end maps that have better stats than the cash units. That's how some free players have managed to get to the 100k plateau and beyond. One reason I have been pushing to move up levels and keep putting skill points to energy.

Fazhang
08-10-2012, 09:56 PM
I still think developers should make a few stronger units. I mean... It's not like free players will collect billions to even come near gold spenders.

Devin
08-10-2012, 10:19 PM
I have a quick suggestion. We all know there are gold armies out there summing up to more than 150k attack. So my suggestion is: why don't we have stronger cash units? Even if you have max allies and have like 2000 aircrafts carriers, your attack will barely reach 100k. And even with boosts, your attacks will not even reach 150k. Wouldn't it be reasonable for the developers to make units stronger? I know what you're thinking: "what's the point of gold units then?" well make the cash units expensive enough to where it's hard to buy a lot of them. 10 a unit or even 20 mil. But limiting free players attack, kinda makes this game pointless, knowing gold users are always going to be stronger than you. Anyways, it's just a suggestion. What do you guys think? Should we have units with stronger stats?

In fairness... The aircraft carrier isn't really a good measure of attack density, it's 27/46 so defensive. Do you already have an army of 2000 railgun destroyers or stealth bombers? The developers already have stronger units. If you can't afford those, what makes you think an even stronger unit would be affordable?

Devin
08-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Oh yeah, in addition to my previous comments... I would also enjoy stronger cash units, perhaps closer (or above even) 100 attack and or def.

Tctiger
08-11-2012, 04:58 AM
You are talking about years ahead , it will take a long long time to have a load of ac to get an effective amount of mega cash units won't be possible unless you have a 5 year plan . There are a few threads like this popping up and it is a good point but I don't know what the answer is , the game changes so much just with an event like the boss, a long term plan is needed , tempting free players with low stat gold units while milking gold players with high gold units is going to make the problem worse , the gold players around you are getting stronger but the free players who level up for weak gold units will mostly quit when they get to whale zone when they are tempted there and the gold players have got even further ahead. that is a plan to make money not to improve gameplay for the whales and free players . no free player wants to put in a years work only to be destroyed at the top so they won't go into that area they will have low allies , all the Whales will get is crap players going into that area then they will quit . the game is about building iph raids and attacks , but what is happening is free players are camping and hiding to build for one day trying to survive and whales are so far ahead plus money has no use for them so neither can play the game how it should be played. Good luck sorting out the game gree but don't think you will because charging silly amounts at the start has killed it , a game plan at the start was needed for long term use , loads of free players feel they have no chance, light gold players think they have waisted money and whales have nothing to do apart from taking people out the game . What a mess.

Tctiger
08-11-2012, 05:11 AM
The top gold players have 600k stats not 150k .

Fazhang
08-11-2012, 06:55 AM
In fairness... The aircraft carrier isn't really a good measure of attack density, it's 27/46 so defensive. Do you already have an army of 2000 railgun destroyers or stealth bombers? The developers already have stronger units. If you can't afford those, what makes you think an even stronger unit would be affordable?
I mean. Yeah AC units are just examples. Same thing if I used sb. It's still at that magic 50att each unit

Fazhang
08-11-2012, 06:58 AM
True, but my point isn't to beat them, they used gold so therefore they should have an edge, I'll give them that.

Vballmadam
08-11-2012, 07:18 AM

I haven't seen anybody with stats like that! The highest i've seen is 345,000 or there about. The majority are between 100-200,000 and even then most are level 200. That's just my experience. Anyone else?

Tctiger
08-11-2012, 07:23 AM
I don't think not being able to compete with big gold spenders is an issue at all , a free player being able to challenge someone who has spent 60k is crazy . free players and light gold players just want to be able to keep playing and progressing like me , from what I have read the top players just want more people up there to play with so why not link iph with casualties so a free player can keep progressing and enjoying the game and the big gold spenders can have a load of players up there without players getting wiped out and quitting ?

Tctiger
08-11-2012, 07:31 AM
I have read on the forum about someone having 600k Don't think many are up there but the pirates sound like they have big stats , people don't want to get totally wiped out and end the game they have put a lot of time and or cash in iph linked to casualties would at least keep everyone playing and less worried about the famous whale zone.

Lt. Falcon
08-11-2012, 08:30 AM
There are loot drops on the top end maps that have better stats than the cash units. That's how some free players have managed to get to the 100k plateau and beyond. One reason I have been pushing to move up levels and keep putting skill points to energy.

What energy lvl would be good for the 90's and early 100's?

Corsair
08-11-2012, 09:40 AM
I have read on the forum about someone having 600k Don't think many are up there but the pirates sound like they have big stats , people don't want to get totally wiped out and end the game they have put a lot of time and or cash in iph linked to casualties would at least keep everyone playing and less worried about the famous whale zone.All this "whale zone" stuff cracks me up. Yeah, probably going to be difficult to do those 20 or 30 mil upgrades up there...so do them before you get there. If you keep vaulted and collect on time, what can really happen? Someone uses you for BP farming? If your casualties are bad that could be a problem. So use a balance of forces and load up on strong against units to minimize casualties. Trying to use 1000 SH or SF or whatever is probably not going to be sustainable.

What energy lvl would be good for the 90's and early 100's?Different people will tell you different things. I'm in the mid 80's and about 1100 energy. At 100 I guess I'll be around 1300-1400 or so. Eventually would like to get up to 2200 or so, as at higher levels, the best way to do the big upgrades is to line up bosses for a big payoff. I also have the energy boost unit, so I regain the energy pretty quick.

Some people prefer attack/raid and put more toward stamina and attack skill. I find that approach takes too much time (hunting for unvaulted cash and raiding), though it does give lower XP for the gains in cash. PvE costs cash for units and gives big XP gains.

Michael0218
08-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Here is an idea I came up with for the boss events. Every time you take a free shot, use cash or use gold you get a chance at a "head shot". If you get a head shot, you automatically kill the boss for that round. The chance of getting a "head shot" would increase if you used cash and increase even more if you used gold. Of course, the chance of getting a hit would be very small and Funzio/Gree would have to work that out.

Sound like a good idea?

Tctiger
08-11-2012, 05:44 PM
I don't need a head shot until 15-17 so would I get a useless head shot round 3 ? I wouldn't start a round I couldn't win without a head shot and wouldn't keep paying for the cash hits at that price in the hope of a lucky headshot only to win a common so couldn't see that working but something would be good .

Corsair
08-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Here is an idea I came up with for the boss events. Every time you take a free shot, use cash or use gold you get a chance at a "head shot". If you get a head shot, you automatically kill the boss for that round. The chance of getting a "head shot" would increase if you used cash and increase even more if you used gold. Of course, the chance of getting a hit would be very small and Funzio/Gree would have to work that out.

Sound like a good idea?I think that's a great idea. I give up when I can't win with 13 hits, but I might keep trying if I had a chance at a head shot. Wouldn't use gold but would keep me spending cash on the boss I guess. But easy to implement and would be a nice addition/enhancement.

Michael0218
08-11-2012, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't necessarily call it useless. Let's say it's the 8th round and it takes you 7 cash hits to beat the boss. If you get a head shot on the 3rd hit, you still would save cash by not having to do hits 4 - 7.

Michael0218
08-11-2012, 06:03 PM
I think that's a great idea. I give up when I can't win with 13 hits, but I might keep trying if I had a chance at a head shot. Wouldn't use gold but would keep me spending cash on the boss I guess. But easy to implement and would be a nice addition/enhancement.

Thanks. I usually give up too. I am going for this one though, because I drove one of the original Humvee's when they first came out in the late 80s while in the Marines. Even if it happens only one in a blue moon it would be kind of cool to see a pop up stating you got a head shot.