PDA

View Full Version : Valor Spending

jayharn3
08-10-2012, 07:22 PM
hi,

i just hit captain rank and can buy the elite ops helicopter. i have 120,000 valor to spend and changed my nation to russia some time ago. should i just spend my entire amount on the heli? i figure it's going to take me at least a year to get to special ops rank and the jet. any opinions to help me out would be great.

War Priest
08-10-2012, 07:24 PM
I would recommend that. That is what I did. Gives you a great boost.

Ryans67
08-10-2012, 07:26 PM
I stopped buying the helicopter, opting instead to go with the expert drones. I'm also Russia, but my reason for this is so that I can use the stealth surveillance drones to protect all my valor units defensively. I didn't want to reach whale territory, and have my valor units decimated. I just bought 620 drones, which should help my attack a bit.

Fun
08-10-2012, 07:28 PM
your russia so why not i also bought 600 expert attack drones like ryan because im germany just go for it

Selfproclaimed
08-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Expert attack drones have a horrible casualty rate. Either go with super hornets or elite helis. I suggest helis to balance out the fact that Russia is focused on attack. So you can balance out your defense. Because in whale territory defense is going to be a lot more important than attack, plus by the time you reach your next rank, you'll have saved up enought o buy whatever the hell you want

Corsair
08-10-2012, 09:05 PM
hi,

i just hit captain rank and can buy the elite ops helicopter. i have 120,000 valor to spend and changed my nation to russia some time ago. should i just spend my entire amount on the heli? i figure it's going to take me at least a year to get to special ops rank and the jet. any opinions to help me out would be great.You mean you just hit major? Because if you just hit captain you have a long ways to go. Have to be major to get the helicopter. I am banking valor for it as well, but probably will only get 100 to 125 to start. Don't like to go above that number on any one unit.

JMC
08-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Go for 500 of the copters for now. Even though i'm russia i'm now going for 500 of the water cruisers, and if i ever get spec ops completed i will get those jets, but until then i have plenty of time to gather valor points

Q Raider
08-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Interesting that each of the comments here have a slightly different focus.

For me the EAD's and Helis have a woeful survival rate, EAD's were my primary Valor loss unit in Defence as well when getting multiple hits from some players.

Got the EAD's after getting the Assault Bear which appears to still be in hibernation when it comes to the attack bonus so am now going back to SH's and SF's as my primary attack Valor units.

Regardless of what you do suggest you keep some a nest egg of Valor in reserve. There is nothing better than having someone drop a few hits on you then make silly comments on your feed.....and your response is to drop 30% of your stored Valor into units, go kick them back and leave a comment to the effect that you can amp up another few K if they want to continue....

Jhoemel
08-10-2012, 10:13 PM
I just bought 200 helis last week and it gave me like 10k additional stats

Mcdoc
08-10-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm was right where you are about 2 months ago. Here was the decision I made.

I was banked high on SH's - over 1000 (at one point up to 1900) - so I wanted to diversify and I bought about 40 of those choppers. To my dismay - they died even faster than my SH's - then somebody posted a subtle hint that the BP Valor Boat was a wise investment - which I must secretly tell you - the casualty rate must be somehow way lower than what people have said was in the game file because I have over 110 of them and have lost about 3 of them in 2 months.

So my ultimate strategy was to get my Naval Research Center up to level 9 and split my efforts between Air / Sea units now to even out any losses. I can only tell you that it has totally worked for me and my Defence stats are now over 110k and my attack just crept over 98k.

Hope that helps.