PDA

View Full Version : Re-thinking gold units

Mad
08-10-2012, 05:53 PM
I just wanted to initiate a a discussion on gold units because there seems to be an underlying conflict between the heavy gold spenders and those in a second group made up of free players and low-to-mid gold spenders.

For example, many serious players in the low group are taking their time levelling up in an effort to build a decent army to withstand whale territory. MW is working like crazy via events to try to stop this camping. I find that very ironic. I believe MW would like all the players to participate in events, but because of the high levelling associated with events, many players bow out. I know I do. Of course, if a player is not participating in an event, they won't be buying gold.

Those who participate in all events will quickly find themselves propelled into whale territory, totally unprepared. In the end they just quit and I am sure this includes those who have even bought gold. It would be interesting to know the number of abandoned bases. There is attritiion in every game, but I suspect MW has exceptionally high stats.

Meanwhile, the whales are complaining players are keeping their allies low in an effort to avoid being destroyed and are complaining about players camping.

The basic issue is the power of the gold units and that players can buy indestructible armies by spending hundreds and in some cases thousands of dollars.

I have no problem with the buyers, without them we wouldn't have a game as MW needs revenue to survive.

However, we need to level the playing field just a bit. If the whales want us to move up, then give us a fighting chance, when we do.

I am going to make some recommendations.

1. MW should limit how many gold units can go into battle. For example, maybe set a maximum of 80% gold units in any given battle. If a player is raided, reduce the number of gold units he can use to defend his base to 50%. These are just percentages. I have no idea the size of these gold armies and maybe these % are meaningless.

2. Allow gold units to be damaged -- not destroyed -- but maybe knocked out of battle for a week.

3. Allow players to build gold defenses. This defense doesn't destroy gold units but based on the level it has been upgraded randomly selects 5%, 10% or 20% of the opposing players gold units and removes them from the attack or damages them.

4. Create silver units, that can be more competitive against the gold units. I suspect, this was the intent of valour units, but many of these units are utterly useless and are easily destroyed.

5. Create money and valour units with high defensive scores and almost nothing for attacking. This would give the low groups some hope in a battle.

Give people a chance and I believe the upper levels will have hundreds of active players. I know high gold spenders may not like these suggestions, and I understand. I mean you have invested a lot of money in these gold units with a certain expectation of performance.

I don't know if there can be common ground here or not.

To GREE I say, give me a fighting chance I will buy some gold.

War Priest
08-10-2012, 05:57 PM
There has been a million threads asking to limit gold units and that will never happen. I guarantee it.

Mad
08-10-2012, 06:01 PM
There has been a million threads asking to limit gold units and that will never happen. I guarantee it.

You may be right. But change is necessary. Businesses that are unwilling to change and adapt will eventually go the way of dinosaurs. I suspect GREE knows this.

War Priest
08-10-2012, 06:07 PM
With idea #2, that wouldn't happen either. Some of these units cost $50, $60, $70 each. Real money for one fake unit is a lot. And for it to be disabled for a week would turn people away.

Mad
08-10-2012, 06:11 PM
With idea #2, that wouldn't happen either. Some of these units cost $50, $60, $70 each. Real money for one fake unit is a lot. And for it to be disabled for a week would turn people away.

I realize that. Then on the other hand you have whales complaining they have no one to beat up.

War Priest
08-10-2012, 06:14 PM
I realize that. Then on the other hand you have whales complaining they have no one to beat up.

That's their fault though. I know I stopped buying gold but even if I didn't, I wouldn't want 2,000 gold units. I like losing once in awhile. Teaches me knew strategies and keeps me in reality.

Tctiger
08-10-2012, 06:21 PM
It is messed up and there is a lot of problems too but they can't change too much now they are making it up as they go , it just needs a good balance to the game , some good planning and keeping it all running correctly . I hope the game can be made better , everyone on the forum has complained about something and mostly about the same things from a gold point and a free one , there is great feedback on forum so I hope they will use that and get there in the end , but with gree incharge they may have different plans . Fingers crossed.

Giedrybe
08-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Mad, there are ways to achieve similar results without actually touching gold units and heavy gold spenders.

One is already functioning - boss events. Free players are getting slowly, but some indestructable units. Then, if you want more balance between cash and gold units, don't touch gold units. Touch the cash ones. Reduce casualty rates, give more cash units. Might be very cash consuming, but maybe Gree can also benefit as some of the players will go further to gold buildings to increase economy.

Tctiger
08-11-2012, 04:06 AM
Yes free player get some gold units in the boss event but we have to pay a lot of game cash and level up , a load of 30 stat units is not enough to keep up with levelling up so really we are getting weaker not stronger , by the time we get to whale area those units won't be used if you are high enough stat wise . People know it is a false army the only units that are worth getting long term are the odd rare ones , the gold players are getting more rares and main prize units so gap is actually getting bigger not smaller . would you go into whale area for a few 30 stat gold units? only way to make 30 stat gold units work is to let millions in cash units die but then the 30 stat gold units would make a much weaker army then a good cash army . I can grow same stats with cash units without levelling up for same cash so will stop events before go in to whale zone . it's just a trick to get free players up but they will quit and gold players to spend .

Agent Orange
08-11-2012, 04:17 AM
A change cannot happen, those that are heavy spenders would protest and stop buying.... Hmmmm wait a sec some are stopping or have stopped.

You can do the boss events for free, means you probably only get 3 or 4 units but you also don't level up as fast. Plus if you are spending gold on a chance of getting something it seems to make more sense to just straight out buy units with gold.

Ultimately people will stop spending money on the game as they come to the conclusion that they don't stand a chance in the high levels unless they spend a lot of real money to stay alive, the devs bank on this but eventually players will realize the futility of this and quit.

I like how all the level 90 players have been offered up as sacrafices to us high level players and how they are all being systematically wiped out.

The way it is now the game is not sustainable so my guess is a lot of high level players have set up LLP accounts and are starting over as this is the only area where you can still have fun and also have a fighting chance as a free player. There are some free players in the highest levels but only by careful planning.

Agent Orange
08-11-2012, 04:20 AM
Yes free player get some gold units in the boss event but we have to pay a lot of game cash and level up , a load of 30 stat units is not enough to keep up with levelling up so really we are getting weaker not stronger , by the time we get to whale area those units won't be used if you are high enough stat wise . People know it is a false army the only units that are worth getting long term are the odd rare ones , the gold players are getting more rares and main prize units so gap is actually getting bigger not smaller . would you go into whale area for a few 30 stat gold units? only way to make 30 stat gold units work is to let millions in cash units die but then the 30 stat gold units would make a much weaker army then a good cash army . I can grow same stats with cash units without levelling up for same cash so will stop events before go in to whale zone . it's just a trick to get free players up but they will quit and gold players to spend .

I agree, my cost to do cash opens in events is too high so I stopped and only do free opens and keep my cash as well to buy units. Also seems like loot has dried up in these events or is useless since it is of low valuevand won't be brought to battle.